It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 778.htm
<< 775  776  777    779  780  781 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

heya....

off topic ....

I have followed this from the start...i know its a massive thread BUT.. its maybe best to dip in and out daily to catch up with all the info as we fellow lurkers in here have updated.... that way you pick up on the issues raised and dismissed....

try not to take this off topic re you being offended... alot of people have worked day and night to pull the data in here.

if you are a long time member you know the format and know we are keeping up the good work as do all ATS members...

peace

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
i woud also like to state that with the majority of threads i post in i have followed from start to finnish
this thread got away from me as the pages grew and grew and its easy to lose track
so if anyone on here would mind posting the facts of the conspiracy seperately im sure me and many others would be grateful!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

As I would be.

The request has been made, the legions are aware and now it's time to return to the on-going topic.

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Dww, I agree that you make some valid points; but may I also suggest that having just a synopsis of the thread would leave out so much of the meat of the thread itself that it in essence would be a thread killer in it's own right; how would one choose which posts would be relevant?

It is also sad that most of the world has to turn to ATS to find more viable info on Fukushima; it also says a great deal about many things that TEPCO also follows this thread...

It is also becoming more apparent why the people of Japan,et al, are actually beyond the point of evacuation; they have been hosed ever since #3 popped it's top...

200 kilos of powdered aerosoled plutonium plus all the rest ejected in the blast make Hiroshima and Nagasaki look like a fart in the swimming pool...

seeker

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Yes I did, and unless you let this go, I'm going to tell you again even more forcefully.

The "conspiracy" is interwoven into this thread. It would take a great deal of work to "pull out" this from the over 15,000 posts on this thread. You are welcome to read back through and do this, however you admit you don't want to and want someone to do this work for you. I think trying to pull the conspiracy elements into another thread would be huge task, could damage this thread if now we have to use a separate thread to talk about certain aspects.

I would support some additional functionality to flag, sticky and search the thread and posts.

The mods have requested you get back on topic, pllleeeeeeaaase.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

Sadly, I believe you are correct in regards to anyone who was close to that plant when it blew.

While we are way behind obviously on this thread informational curve for those who can't or won't read post by post - the concept would be to do regular updates outbound from any monster thread (or alt. news) with summary highlights and see the full story here in the thread links...just like we are demanding that TEPCO and other MSM sources do.

We are like investigative reporters without an anchor or mechanism to sum it up each day/week/etc.

A few times in this thread, I have asked TheRedneck and Silverlok and others to sum up where we are or what we know as of now for these very reasons. They graciously did several times in this thread. No we are not hiding the truth...but yes it is buried in a thread...just like the EPA data on plutonium and other stuff is buried on their site and you will only find it if you dig very deeply.

Because of the subject matter in this thread, we need one of our nuclear folks like TheRedneck and Silverlok and a few others that are qualified, to put the meat on the bones in summaries. I am only a worker ant who goes out, forages for details, brings them back to the nest for us to ingest, and remembers where we put most things once they got here...and leaves a trail for others to follow. That's what we do.

What we don't do well, nor does any forum site, is BECOME the news source for regular summaries. We now live in times where we are going to have to think about seriously becoming the news source. This problem isn't going to go away - Fukushima is here to stay. A. It takes a lot more work and all of us are volunteers with real world responsibilities B. It takes a collaborative document environment. We are going to have to biggie up. I don't see any other way around it. This subject demands it. Now.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

exactly
so you have asked for updates?
was that not what i was doing?
the abuse was after i asked and i got flamed for it
we ALL need an up to date thread with all the FACTS of what is unfolding
simple

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
www.yomiuri.co.jp...

This just in. Leakage estimated to be at 154 terabecquerels per day (1E12)
edit on 24/4/2011 by Hellhound604 because: Trillion in this document refers to 1E12 and not 1E18

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I am afraid that we shall find as the smoke clears and the real data on fallout and contamination becomes available( if it ever does) that as the monsoons and typhoons pass in their yearly cycle that most of Japan will have that pesky PU-238 scattered around, from one end of the food chain onward...

For a thumbnail shot, the earthquake did far more damage to ALL the reactors and storage facilities at Fukushima than anyone ever expected, far past the design specs by a factor of 15;
the ensuing tsunami was also greater that designed for by a large margin, taking out the emergency backup generators, fuel storage, and all ancillary power grid taps for miles in all directions, leading to total shutdown of all cooling systems at the site and absolutely no way to power them.

Reactors #1,2, and 3 along with the spent fuel pools at 1-6 and the separate main SFP facility began to overheat; after that it became a comedy of errors; The Japan Nuke protocol actually, in trying to not let any radioactive material escape, greatly compounded and lead to greater damage by letting the RPV"s build to twice the recommended pressure before attempting to vent...

I would have to type for the next 2 days just to cover all the events as they unfolded...

seeker

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog
reply to post by xxPUSH0Noo

I think my spaghetti makes people hungry. I'm amazed more folks don't have more "foodie" type avatars -- food is just so amazing, aside from sex it's just about the second best thing in life (the first being Love

Initially I was totally freaked out my the #3 boom ...was moving across the states.

Wert, the unfortunate thing is that mechanical propulsion or destruction is almost immaterial to the size of the particles formed ( from the governments own testing on 'waste' fuel rods by 'explosive' and compressive 'disintegration' or destruction by explosion), but even then the particles from these materials seem to form very small particles ( less than ten microns ) almost entirely.

The research indicates a secondary process wherein hi-energy chemical interaction during and immediately after explosive decomposition is like an automatic aerosol particle generator. The tell tale indicator that this being a chemical thing should be especially temperature dependent ( although I have yet to find the study relating to further tests in this area ) but , the range of temperature tests done DO CONFIRM ( by whatever mechanism ) that at temps as low as 60C almost complete aerosolization of things like cesium and around ten percent for things like uranium ( I have not found 100% peer review data on plutonium yet, but being more reactive I would assume higher numbers )

Since we are talking temps in the 1000C+ range for starters and 100C-400C almost every day since, we can count on a very high level of single digit micon sized particles , that would ( even heavy as uranium ) act very much like a gas and have extremely long legs ( pacific league boots so to speak ), also uranium at these types of temps and environs will form UO3 which (uranium tri-ozide) O3 is ozone,

Think of it as a lot of really hot little hot air balloons like weather balloons ( the same kind the japanese used during WW2 to cross the pacific )

Between November of 1944 and April of 1945, the Japanese launched about 9300 balloon bombs against the US.
Out of that number, only about 1,000 actually made it to the US and Canada,

The first balloons were launched on November 3, 1944 and began landing in the United States on November 5th, off San Pedro, California, and by the following day were landing as far away as Thermopolis, Wyoming.

...The balloon then would rise again to approximately 38,000 feet, and be carried along by the higher winds. It would sink to the minimum desired altitude-around 30,000 feet-as the gas slowly escaped or was cooled.....

It is a well know fact that the air tends to carry things over the pacific once it reaches certain heights

Even as they start to cool they can use the O3 hooks and ladders to get high and stay so by using a variety of tricks including tagging onto water vapor. I am not trying to be alarmist but the problem is somewhat worse than one would hope for ... I am sure it's one of the reasons for silence on certain isotopes on the US side, it would spell the death bell tolling for the NUKE industry if people realize just how much pollution and over how large an area ONE Nuke plant can spill.

And I am not sure whom you are kidding but that spaghetti makes me think of sex EVERY time , without fail, and it makes me hungry which is about how that normally works anyway. (oh and Jaded found the waste rod aerosol pdf I just was able to slog through it ;-)
edit on 24-4-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko

exactly
so you have asked for updates?
was that not what i was doing?
the abuse was after i asked and i got flamed for it
we ALL need an up to date thread with all the FACTS of what is unfolding
simple

the problem is that this is a raw thread, in which information is judged and discussed as it is coming in. There is barely enough time between our jobs, etc, to follow it. I am not sure if anybody here have the extra time to sit here full-time, make executive summaries, and edit those summaries as more information comes in....

link   

No. I asked them to summarize the nuclear implications of the discussions I have followed and been a part of since day 1. I already had the foundation by being a part of the on-going discussion and reading, reading, reading the steps it took to come to assumptions. Without that foundation - someone has to take the time to build you the proper perspective from which to view the facts as we see them vs. the "facts" that are coming out from the authorities. There is a big difference unfortunately. I know it is frustrating, but you know there is no easily understood conspiracy. Conspiracy is just collaboration between some or a lot of people with bad ethics involved.
edit on 24-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The angry beast is fed even more....

Movers turn away evacuees / People told to relocate get cold shoulder from moving firms

The Yomiuri Shimbun

FUKUSHIMA--Many residents in Fukushima Prefecture who have been told to prepare for evacuation have been refused service by moving companies, it has been learned.

People living in designated areas have been told to evacuate within one month because of radiation leaks from the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant in the prefecture.

"Out of consideration for our employees' safety, we can't let them take on those jobs," an official of one moving firm said.

If Japan thinks this won't backfire on them....think again!

"We were told to evacuate, but we can't. Are [the moving companies] just going to abandon us without offering help?" said a 50-year-old woman of Iitatemura, which is within the designated zone.

The woman called a major moving firm on Saturday, and informed a staff member of her address. The employee told her, "Currently, we classify [Iitatemura] as a no-service area."

The woman persisted in her request for service, but the employee said: "We think there'll be consequences from the accident at the nuclear power plant... Our company has already decided its position on the matter."

Another major moving company also refused to serve the woman, she said.

I think TEPCO should go into the moving business. They've obviously failed in the reactor business.

After hearing on April 11 that a new evacuation zone would be set, she decided to move as soon as possible. She found a house in Sendai and made plans for the family to move there on May 4, only to be rebuffed by the moving companies.

Iitatemura's village administration office has received inquiries from other residents seeking advice after being turned away by moving companies.

"This isn't a problem the village office can deal with. It's the policy of these companies. We want the central government to do something," a village official said.

"I want the central government or someone to give us proper support so we can move. If the situation is left as it is, people will be left behind in the evacuation zone," the woman said.

Moving firms cited employee safety as the reason for the policy. www.yomiuri.co.jp...

Des

...a little ps...from Mama Nature.
M 5.1, near the east coast of Honshu, Japan
35.253°N 140.978°E

Sunday, April 24, 2011 21:06:38 UTC
Monday, April 25, 2011 06:06:38 AM at epicenter

Depth: 32.50 km (20.19 mi)

Posted on 24 April 2011 | 9:06 pm
newsblogged.com...

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

It appears that the JSDF needs to get it's collective thumb and/or chopsticks out of it's butt ( along with it's head) and mobilise to help these citizens move outside the zone...

seeker

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Here's a quick update:
1. Nitrogen injection is a last ditch effort. Remember farting into the wind.
2. Zeolite is last ditch effort
3.Tepco is in over their head
4.Trying to suppress info is a last ditch effort.
5. You cant repair the torus without dying or letting the vessel run dry.
6.I don't want to talk about #3
7.Arrrgghhhhh
edit on 24-4-2011 by SamSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamSeed
Here's a quick update:
1. Nitrogen injection is a last ditch effort. Remember farting into the wind.
2. Zeolite is last ditch effort
3.Tepco is in over their head
4.Trying to suppress info is a last ditch effort.
5. You cant repair the tourus without dying or letting the vessle run dry.
6.I don't want to talk about #3
7.Arrrgghhhhh

I bake you a virtual Chocolate Souffle for that post

Des

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by the seeker_713g
reply to post by Destinyone

It appears that the JSDF needs to get it's collective thumb and/or chopsticks out of it's butt ( along with it's head) and mobilise to help these citizens move outside the zone...

seeker

Yeppers they do...this must chap the Gov't's azz too...

2 men hand 50 mil. yen to evacuees, disaster-hit city

The Yomiuri Shimbun (Apr. 25, 2011)

ISHINOMAKI, Miyagi--Two men handed envelopes of cash to evacuees at several shelters in disaster-hit Ishinomaki last week, as well as more than 5 million yen in cash to a branch of the city government, The Yomiuri Shimbun has learned.

The total amount given by the two men was believed to exceed 50 million yen, but their acts of generosity also sparked complaints of "unfairness" among evacuees who missed out.

The two men, who claimed they were representatives of "the western Japan volunteer committee" and "the western Japan retailers association," handed envelopes containing 30,000 yen to evacuees at six shelters in the city Thursday and Friday.

The men also delivered about 170 brown envelopes each containing 30,000 yen to the Ishinomaki municipal government's Oshika Sogo branch office, according to the city's disaster countermeasures committee.

The two men handed the envelopes to evacuees despite requests by city officials at the evacuation centers to stop, and then left, the committee said.

Several evacuees who heard about the incident called the municipal government to complain that it was "unfair" that some people had not received the cash.

An official at the municipal government said, "We appreciate the men's gesture, but we'd prefer they send donations that can be fairly shared among disaster victims."
...www.yomiuri.co.jp...

Des

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

Yes, I know. If I were Queen (yes I'm a chick) of ATS, I would pay the mods per hour.
And pay a news wire writer/editor (or 10 of em) to summarize from top/monster/breaking alt news threads. Heck - I would even pay a nuclear expert or two right now.The MSM does and last I checked we had bigger hit numbers than at least one of em. But, alas, I am not queen - I only danced with wolves. Personally, like other posters here, I like the worker ant work and do it for free because I like to know what's going on in this mucked up world of ours in the hopes that by spreading a little truth...we can save a few or instigate a little realness in an unreal situation. That and there are more brilliant minds on ATS to learn from than anywhere else. Hands down.

ATS has news reporters (or they did last year (haven't followed that development much)) - they need to be on this and outbounding it maybe just as has been suggested. Maybe saddle up some of our experts in this thread like Silverlok and a few other notables on a podcast or something. And TheRedneck...hurry home. You are missed.

Now...back to plutonium...

edit on 24-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 775  776  777    779  780  781 >>

join