It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 768.htm
<< 765  766  767    769  770  771 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleHorizon

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

First time I have tried to add a link please excuse me if it doesnt work.

I have no idea where to put this and dont have enough posts to start a thread.

It is a little off topic (sorry) but I think if anyone can answer it will be you guys.

Im in the north of the UK and yesterday we were issued with a 'smog alert'. I can not remember this being mentioned before, advising people to stay indoors (those with allergies are the most 'susceptible').
We have had beautiful weather (rare) but sure as bob, woke this morning and it's just a haze of smog.

Without wanting to sound paranoid could there be any link to the nuclear disaster?

Hopefully I'm just being stupid and this thread has unnerved me.....yes?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Your links worked fine.

As to the smog warning - its the early year heat wave we are having at the moment with strong sun and cloudless sky's coupled to little wind. There is also the problem of far more pollen in the air. Its causing lots of problems in cities. On Wednesday evening I took my dogs for a long walk and all three of us were coughing and had streaming noses by the time we got back home.

To check radiation from fukushima in the UK you had best check out the French monitoring sites. At present the levels aren't that high in Europe with the only warning being not pork out on milk and large leaved vegetables. The real problems are in the USA, especially the west coast, where the levels are far higher with no official public announcements.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by imlite

Hey.....

do you have a link for the french monitoring sites ?

I have been looking for this... we got nailed up here in the North of Scotland by Chernobyl's fall out, it would be good to keep an eye on it this time.. thank god for the internet....

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
nm
edit on 22-4-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by cabinda
reply to post by imlite

Hey.....

do you have a link for the french monitoring sites ?

I have been looking for this... we got nailed up here in the North of Scotland by Chernobyl's fall out, it would be good to keep an eye on it this time.. thank god for the internet....

These are the main ones I use but there are more but as its a holiday weekend I will let you google for them

French Radiation Monitoring

Dutch Radiation Monitoring

Swiss (1) Radiation Monitoring

Swiss (2) Radiation Monitoring

UK Government Radiation Monitoring (In report form)

You may also like the French site CRIIRAD (though this site doesn't translate well so you need to speak a bit of French). It has a petition page in english which gives some information on the confiscation and censorship of radiation monitoring data by the USA.

CRIIRAD Petition

edit on 22/4/11 by imlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
TEPCO's expendables begin to figure out they are being used, lied to and sacrificed.

Workers at nuke plant complain about handling of radiation exposure data

[exA 30-year-old emergency worker from a subcontractor said he had been told by an official of a primary contractor shortly before joining in restoration work at the troubled nuclear power plant in late March that, "The dose of radiation you are going to be exposed to this time will not be on your radiation exposure registration record. So, don't worry."

In late March, the president of his company which specializes in checking pumps told him: "We were asked by our client to send someone just for three days. If the situation is really bad, you can come back in the middle of your work. I want you to go just for three days right away." The man then headed for the nuclear power plant. He did not know any details of what he was supposed to do there. But after arriving at the scene of the crisis, he was told to connect electric cables necessary to restore power to a spent nuclear fuel pool, which is out of his domain. "They seem to be desperate to attract any available workers to restore electric power no matter what," he said.

He carried on with his job while receiving instructions from experienced workers: "I took a long time to do the job because I had never done it before, and I was unnecessarily exposed to radiation." At that time, dosimeters were in short supply, with only one given to his group of six.

I think this was brought up once before. If true it is highly criminal.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Good Morning fellow collective brain cells. Bright Blessings for the new day.

These poor people have had everything stripped from their lives. What the fury of Mama Nature didn't take, their own Govt., the very people they voted in, and trusted to keep their lively hood safe and prosperous, failed them, all in the name of greed, and self interest. The only thing most of these, fine failed people, have to hold onto now, is anger. Anger, and the will to exact justice in the only way they have left. To make sure, that never again, will another cent be made off the skeletal remains of the land that embodied their hopes, dreams, and children's futures.

That my friends, is a powerful anger indeed. I predict this new entity in their lives, will, in the coming days, grow into a mighty beast. A beast that will not be placated by false humble bows, and apologies. Beware TEPCO. You have created a monster. This monster cannot be controlled like the dribbles of half truths, you carefully spoon feed to masses of lost souls. This new beast, is fed by rivers of anger....There is nothing you can do to stops it's rapid growth.
The very radiation, you worshiped in greed, feeds it daily. It's out of your control now.

Friday, April 22, 2011
Fukushima Gov. Won't Allow Tepco To Resume Reactor Operations

FUKUSHIMA (Kyodo)--Fukushima Gov. Yuhei Sato said Friday he will never allow Tokyo Electric Power Co. to resume operations at its Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, crippled by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami.

Japanese PM faces anger from evacuees
English.news.cn 2011-04-22 11:05:45 FeedbackRSS

BEIJING, April 22 (Xinhuanet) -- Japan has announced a ban on entering the 20-kilometer evacuation zone around the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant. Meanwhile, Prime Minister, Naoto Kan, faced the anger of people forced to leave their homes when he visited a Fukushima evacuation center on Thursday.

A tour of a gymnasium turned evacuation center reveals to Prime Minister Naoto Kan the problems he needs to deal with.

Evacuee said, "I've had about enough of this."
news.xinhuanet.com...

Des
edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
More Japanese citizen journalists check out radiation levels around fukushima.

It is a picture of the last 20km is within a hazard area. Fukushima flew to verify the facts in their eyes. Hutaba 夫沢 signal gun, Fukushima Prefecture town OokumaFront (there are Family), in 引Ki返Shima#a. I saw several 20km electricity lit the house after the inspection area. Come take luggageAlso encounter local people had cars. Masks, goggles, who had also been entered into without walking people wearing masks have also Irasshare protective clothing. . GaigaGo Kaunta numbers increased steadily, leave the alarm. Reality has been destroyed this beautiful Japanese countryside landscape. Japanese andI felt indescribably tough staffing and anger.

It is a picture of the last 20km is within a hazard area. 4.5km from the primary site. Number of ground asphalt parking lot

okuma nursery before the town, and where there is a laundromat. Rapidly increase the number of Geiger counter.

2.5km road from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant from the point toward the primary. Geiger counter rising numbers leave! ! ! The side Sports ComplexWhile driving. I came to check in before their eyes will no longer enter the hazard area.

Ookuma nursery before the town, and where there is a laundromat. I 振Ri切Re Geiger counter needle.

Text from video (google translate)

Thanks to TEPCOkillercoltd Youtube

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
And...what an ugly beast it is. With food like this, the misery of innocent children, what a fine fine feast of anger.

Groundless rumors add to burdens of Fukushima evacuees

The Yomiuri Shimbun

Verbal abuse and other forms of harassment have added to the psychological burden of evacuees from areas around the crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant, as rumors continue to stoke radiation fears.

Experts called the rumors groundless and urged the public to behave calmly.

In one case, a primary school boy from Minami-Soma, Fukushima Prefecture, who had transferred to a school in Chiba Prefecture was asked by a teacher at the new school, "Are you going to keep it secret that you come from Fukushima Prefecture?"

The boy's mother, who had accompanied her son to the school, did not understand what the teacher meant, and said there was no need to do so. The boy then took a seat in front of the teacher's desk but no one sat next to him.

A primary school girl, who evacuated from Minami-Soma to Gunma Prefecture, is refusing to go to school after her new classmates at a Gunma school would not go near her and made nasty remarks behind her back.

The Tsukuba municipal government in Ibaraki Prefecture reportedly asked people moving from Fukushima Prefecture to submit official documents that show they had undergone radiation screenings. After this came to light, the city government dropped the requirement and the city's mayor apologized.

After the Kawasaki municipal government expressed its intention to accept waste materials from Fukushima Prefecture generated in the aftermath of last month's earthquake and tsunami, it received nearly 5,000 complaints from local residents fearing the waste would be contaminated with radioactive substances.

Tamotsu Nomura, a senior official of the Radiation Effects Association, said: "[These] harmful rumors are totally groundless from a scientific viewpoint. The situation in which not only children but also adults are overreacting is unusual."
(Apr. 22, 2011) www.yomiuri.co.jp...

Des

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Link to an important new thread on ATS for review and confirmation. Evidence of buried EPA data:

Radioactive Fukushima Plutonium And Strontium Bombarding US West Coast Since March 18th

The EPA has been posting data of its air, milk, and rainwater radiation online through the socrata data system.

But they have hidden many results from the public including the detection Plutonium, Strontium and several Cesium isotopes all of which began falling along the entire US west coast since March 18th.

Link to thread on ATS

Recently while searching the EPA RADnet database for radiation reports, we found a link to the main database. It included the RADNet monitoring data for many isotopes not released in the public reports. Notice that:
* RADnet began monitoring for Plutonium from Day 1
* Plutonium was found from Alaska. to San Francisco California. and down into Guam from 03/18/2011
* Strontium was detected in the United States on 03/18/2011
* Isotopes found not released in public reports Plutonium, Strontium and Cesium
* What do the negative values mean in the results column?

Link to site with detection levels displayed

Link to perform your own search from last step on EPA Radnet site

Information worth reviewing. Thanks for all help and to the ATS thread OP for bringing it here.

edit on 22-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: Added link

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
And they believe this crap...utter nonsense. Look at the facts. The reactor buildings at Fukushima, are now completely compromised by the EQ, and tsunami. The new complications of extreme structural damage, plus the added internal "weight" of thousands of tons of water tossed in daily, are not even being addressed!

These structures were NOT designed to be stable under these conditions. Arnie Gundersen himself, stated so, in several of his latest videos. It makes my blood boil, to continue to read such blatant BS from TEPCO.

Japan braces for quake, typhoon risks amid ongoing nuclear crisis
English.news.cn 2011-04-22 1

Regarding the upcoming typhoon season, Nishiyama said based on the data of typhoon in Japan historically, the buildings in the nuclear power stations are designed in a way that it would fully endure the force of typhoon. And, the agency will check the operations of the nuclear plants to ensure their safety. news.xinhuanet.com...

Des

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
reply to post by XRaDiiX

Yeah and the government is going to take 30 billion from the Pension fund for the people to pay for recovery and likely add another tax as well.

Looking on the bright side [appalling humour being used here]
The Japanese government probably know that enough of their citizens are going to die from these disasters that the 30 billion won't be needed in the pension fund and can be used for the recovery fund instead

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
What's the first thing curious children do, when told "you can't do that". Yup, they do it. This new policy guarantees, prying minds/eyes, will go into the X-Zone to see for themselves. Forbidden fruit is always the most tempting.

'No-entry' zone designation further restricts Fukushima power plant evacuees
Fukushima Prefecture Gov. Yuhei Sato looks at the ground as he isconfronted by Prime Minister Naoto Kan at the Fukushima PrefecturalOffice on April 21. (Mainichi)

As of midnight on April 22, all areas within a 20-kilometer radius of the stricken Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant were designated a no-entry zone, meaning residents who have fled elsewhere are prohibited from re-entering, and those who have not yet evacuated are legally bound to do so. mdn.mainichi.jp...

TEPCO'S illusion of power is melting. Power to the People.

Des

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I guess Mama Nature didn't get the memo...regarding the new 9 month plan...

April 22, 2011 13:44 PM

Four 6.0 Magnitude Earthquakes Registered Near Japan In Past 24 Hours

VLADIVOSTOK, April 22 (Bernama) -- Four earthquakes with a 6.0 magnitude and higher were registered at the eastern coast of the Japanese Island of Honshu over the past 24 hours, reported Russian news agency Itar-Tass on Friday.

The latest quake was reported overnight at 01:16 hours Japanese time (20:16 hours Moscow time on Thursday), the Russian Geophysical Service reported.

It said the epicenter was located in the Pacific Ocean some 60 kilometers off the city of Iwaki and 75 kilometers from the city of Fukushima and the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.

There were no reports about the consequences so far.

The three preceding quakes ranged in magnitude from 6.0 to 6.3 and were accompanied by a dozen of aftershocks.

-- BERNAMA www.bernama.com...

Des

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
A video that is showing the devastating affects on the cows left behind to fend for themselves in the aftermath of the meltdown.

WARNING*************** Graphic and disturbing.

Another effect of the tragedy. Fukushima. Ryan Dawson reporting from Kinki Japan

Naturally news reporting as to what is really going on is being kept from the public.

What is really going on, how bad is the situation?

Below is a older video but I haven't seen this one on ATS yet and it was just uploaded to me. Will give you additonal information on what transpired and how bad the situation really is.

My heart goes out to these people, this meltdown is going to affect yet another vast area for at least a couple generations, and we're not even sure of the effects on a DNA level.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

Your comment, "Looking on the bright side [appalling humour being used here]
The Japanese government probably know that enough of their citizens are going to die from these disasters that the 30 billion won't be needed in the pension fund and can be used for the recovery fund instead." sent warning flags, bells and whistles through me..................makes you wonder.

Yes in all probability this was simply an accident. But, hmmmmmmm we all know the planet is beginning to be run like one giant corporation (read my location).

Wouldn't be beyond TPTB to eradicate or trim the population and make a large area uninhabitable.

Now read my user name and watch District 9, They Live and The Arrival.

I'm probably grabbing at straws again but your comment, which I starred really made a light bulb go off.

Katrina
Gulf Oil Gusher (It was never a spill)
Haiti
and now Japan

2010 and 2011 are proving to be very interesting years.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
enenews.com...

… The cooling system at Reactor No. 5, which was shut down at the time of the earthquake and has shown few problems since, also abruptly stopped working on Wednesday afternoon, said Hiro Hasegawa, a spokesman for Tokyo Electric.

“When we switched from the temporary pump, it automatically switched off,” he said. “We’ll try again with a new pump in the morning.”

What the hell do they mean? They will try again in the morning?

Stuxnet again?

When the cooling stops, 90 minutes later metldown begins, AND by morning, this would be very progressed meltdown.

When the cooling stops you attempt to get POWER TO THE REACTOR, and get rid of the damned CIA/ISRAELI virus. IF this doesnt work. Cover it in Boron. AND CEMENT IT. THERE IS NO OTHER CORRECT RESPONSE.

By Morning this should be Boron and Cement job, not trying to get the power back on.

Right now they need to be burrowing under the ground and making a huge cushion of Boron for those other reactors that have left the building.

I can't believe I am reading this stuff. Well try again in the morning is NOT the correct response!!!!!

We need to do general strikes and perform citizens arrests on all Bankers and Royalty, that would solve all of this.
edit on 22-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Like many of you have already said I miss The Redneck's absence from this thread. His analysis of the situation was right on the money. Redneck if you are reading this come back you are missed here.

Sorry if this has been posted before this thread is so huge and hard to keep up with.

Someone emailed me this video of the Tsunami that is one of the best I have seen. Just watching the utter destruction should give anyone pause that want's to build a nuclear plant in a Tsunami zone. Does not matter how much we want to believe we are the superior beings with our technology, it takes a little lesson from Mother Nature now and again to humble us back to reality.

edit on 22-4-2011 by setione because: typo

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
These dark siders are deliberately doing the wrong thing on command.

That video of Leuren's, I'm 1/4 of the way through taking a transcript of it, its incredibly detailed and names names.

We're going to have to get a huge amount of documents and videos on this Nuclear war they've been doing on the citizens and HAARP which go hand in hand (for that is how they studied the magnosphere, by IONIZING the world, vial nuclear fallout and aside from the hideous cancerous deaths and huge lists of illnesses that were non-issues until then) they have lowered the SAT scores of children 12%. That is horrendous!! That may even be their main goal, to mutate and diminish the human race.

From 1945 SAT to the worst year of the atmospheric testings in Nevada, 1963, 12%

So, its time to get groups in every single town. I hope they do in Tokyo too, since they've got a suppression of info, and the net censored there.

And get everyone up to par on Nuclear, The Bloodlines, the Queen, queenie who is the riches woman on earth and the headpin in why there is a nuclear industry. Our peoples common law doesnt give her ownership of SQUAT here. But the corporate law they operate under, she owns it all, all the common wealth, all the offshore, all the uranium deposits.

We need to stop their massive paramiltary crapola. And we need to get people awake, aware and in General Strike Mode ASAP!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by setione

Wikipedia has a new reference/overview page on Fukushima Dai-ichi, heavily footnoted.

On Feb 28, 2011 TEPCO submitted a report to the Japanese Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency admitting that the company had previously submitted fake inspection and repair reports. The report revealed that TEPCO failed to inspect more than 30 technical components of the six reactors, including power boards for the reactor's temperature control valves, as well as components of cooling systems such as water pump motors and emergency power diesel generators

en.wikipedia.org...

Can we say' "accident waiting to happen?"

edit on 22-4-2011 by Tworide because: added source

edit on 22-4-2011 by Tworide because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 765  766  767    769  770  771 >>

join