It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 747.htm
<< 744  745  746    748  749  750 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

NP,
, it's impossible to catch everything in this monster thread. Also, I notice the data shows some pressure in the RPV of #3, now how would this be possible if the lid has blown off as Redneck and a number of others here have speculated? Were we wrong?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
RIA Novosti - Japan postpones triathlon competition over radiation risk
11:16 19/04/2011

en.rian.ru/world/20110419/163592377.html

The World Triathlon Championship in Japan's Yokohama scheduled for May 14 was postponed due to radiation concerns, the International Triathlon Union (ITU) said on Tuesday.

(...)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog
Latest word from Arne...

Arnie Gundersen is a fraud protecting the interests of the nuclear industry!

1. He does not question the information from TEPCO.

2. He tells us there is a problem with reactor 12. However he uses this to convince us that reactors 1 and are fine.

3. He says the containment, specifying "the box that the reactor is inside of" for units 1 and 3 have containment pressure. He knows this is not possible, because the "boxes" have been destroyed.

4. He says unit 2 is the cause of ALL the pollution out into the ocean.

5. He says unit 3 "seems to be out of the woods" when we know unit 3 is a mass of uncovered fuel, including MOX fuel, in various stages of meltdown.

An advanced method of "protecting information" is diversion. Use an authority who will be respected, and get them to be honest about the releasable information, and use that information to distract attention from the real problem, gently convincing people without appearing to try that the real problem is nothing at all.

Arnie gains our trust with his polite, intelligent manner, and his truthful revelations and criticisms of part of the problem, while planting an innocent flower-garden of apparent satisfaction over the worst problem, the unprotected MOX fuel in reactor 3. He never mentions the terrible reactor 3 explosion. What's he had to say about the MOX fuel?

I believe he's paid to produce these videos by people who are benefiting financially from MOX fuel, and it's his job to stop people hearing about it by pretending to be a reliable source of information.

Never be surprised when "the devil" seems to be the nicest person in the room. That's part of his job. In my line of work I've met assassins, spies, baby-stealing cult leaders and Mafia bosses, and the one thing they had in common was they were charming, intelligent and cultured. They were people who would be an asset to any dinner party.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
18 picocuries in milk is no problem to the fda, the EPA says 3
and frankly I'D RATHER INGEST NO FISSION PRODUCTS NO MATTER THE QUANTITY/TYPE ETC "it's good for them and their kids, I'm me, not them>idiots" dastardly
wertwog, normal operational values are on bottom line
normal for rpv 7.3 mpa, I think when it's 0 or 0.1234 I'd err on some damaged sensors possibly giving some small #'s/erroneous values, we're talking about 3 here, she tossed her cookies, I'm so positive I can taste it "on the coastal breeze"
The big hint was the massive white steam explosion during the Mt st helens routine. The others didn't do that, I blame the hi test fuel for that one, it really REVVED UP JUST BEFORE THAT>like chernoble.
Now the others, hydrogen, sure, containment, mmmm maybe but all the pipes were blown off/bent/broken, so containment really? no.
I'm afraid 3 has a nasty temper and unless she spit all her fuel out, I think it might get ugly/melty or more.

edit on 19-4-2011 by ALTERNATECH because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
fast on yer feet kailassa, me3+the reactor data we have is better "praise redneck" and what industry keeps arnie from being homeless in americuh.
Best just to muck about and watch from afar.
edit on 19-4-2011 by ALTERNATECH because: like the aliens? but seriously, I wish they'd help out
[/

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Monday, April 18, 2011
Authorities Consider New Approach For Nuclear Plant Cooling Systems

e.nikkei.com/e/fr/tnks/Nni20110418D18JF407.htm

TOKYO (Dow Jones)--Facing increasing hurdles in their plans to restore the cooling systems at the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, Japanese authorities are considering a new approach -- one that relies on air.

The additional information came on the same day that Masataka Shimizu, president of plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co., defended the company before Japan's parliament. He denied the accusation of some lawmakers that the company held off on the use of seawater in the early days of the crisis to cool overheating reactors, saying the measure just took time to prepare.

(...)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Mysterious Trades in a Big Block of Tokyo Electric Shares Draw Regulators’ Interest
By KEITH BRADSHER
Published: April 18, 2011

www.nytimes.com/2011/04/19/business/global/19tepco.html

TOKYO — Japanese regulators and executives of the Tokyo Electric Power Company are asking questions about a seemingly coordinated series of stock purchases two weeks ago that led to an undisclosed buyer or buyers acquiring a large block of the utility, which owns Japan’s dangerously damaged nuclear power plant.

Regulators want to know whether the trades, valued at up to $600 million and placed from Hong Kong during the week of April 3, were structured to circumvent Japanese securities laws, which require the owner of more than 5 percent of a publicly traded company to file disclosure papers identifying the shareholder.

Depending on the prices at which the buy orders were executed, they could add up to nearly 10 percent of Tepco’s shares.

(...)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
Another Japan LOUDLY ticking timebomb...

Hamaoka Nuclear Power Plant must be shut down

Unfortunately, it will take much, much more than just " Shutting them down" to keep something like this from happening to a nuclear power plant sitting atop an active fault.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ALTERNATECH

I personally would not want to drink, nor would I recommend to anyone that it is OK to drink milk with 18 pCi of contamination in it.

ETA: Assuming that we are talking about a standard 1 Gal container......but that's just me.

edit on 19-4-2011 by Hugues de Payens because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjjtir
Kyodo - U.S. anti-radiation team to leave Japan next week after not being called in
Tuesday 19th April, 12:14 PM JST

www.japantoday.com/category/national/view/u-s-marine-anti-radiation-team-to-leave-japan-next-week-after-not-being-called-in

TOKYO —

A 150-member anti-radiation team from the U.S. Marine Corps will leave Japan as early as next week now that the ongoing nuclear crisis at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power station is not likely to deteriorate further, a senior Japanese Defense Ministry official said Tuesday.

The Marines’ Chemical Biological Incident Response Force, or CBIRF, has been staying at the U.S. Air Force’s Yokota air base in suburban Tokyo since around April 5 to prepare for an emergency, but the situation at the crippled nuclear plant has not required its callout, according to Defense Minister Toshimi Kitazawa.

U.S. forces appeared to have come to a conclusion that the nuclear crisis would not deteriorate further now that the plant operator, Tokyo Electric Power Co, announced Sunday its schedule to bring the situation under control over a period of six to nine months, the official said.

(...)

Ok, I'll put on my tin foil hat, and go out on a limb, twig actually. I think there is a possibility, this crack team is there to take over the Fukushima base, if it came down to it. The timing of making the decision to leave, came from way high over their heads...as in maybe, Hillary Clinton's visit. Deal made, crack team goes bye bye. Part of the reason I wander off from "logical" thought is, we KNOW, things are NOT all under control and hunky dory as stated by TEPCO.

So, head still firmly planted in foil hat, I found this to post this morning...

Tokyo (CNN) -- A robot probe found sauna-like conditions inside the No. 2 reactor building at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant but lower levels of radiation than in other damaged units, the plant's owner reported Tuesday.

Reactor No. 2 is believed to be leaking water, thousands of tons of which are filling the basement of its turbine plant and utility tunnels. A robot inserted into the unit's reactor building Monday found temperatures up to 41 degrees Celsius (106 F) and humidity ranging from 94-99 percent, the Tokyo Electric Power Company reported Tuesday. www.cnn.com...

Surprise...surprise...could only keep robos there for "a few minutes"...long enough for a Kodak moment?

Those conditions fogged up the lenses of the probe's cameras, forcing operators to withdraw the device after a few minutes, company officials said. But the radiation levels were low enough that workers might be able to re-enter the building for short periods of time, Tokyo Electric officials said.

...hmmmm...99% humidity "inside" building....let's see how this works. Heat+H2O=steam/condensation. A veritable radioactive rain forest environment. And yet, we are supposed to believe that all is well. TEPCO can't even utilize the robos to their capacity due to the fubar factor. Move along, nothing to see...

Des

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Agence France Presse - Taiwan fears impact of Japan-style disaster
19/04/2011

wires.univision.com/english/article/2011-04-19/taiwan-fears-impact-of-japan

Taiwan's President Ma Ying-jeou warned Tuesday the island would find it difficult to cope with simultaneous disasters similar to the quake and tsunami that struck Japan last month.

"Taiwan is exposed to many kinds of natural disasters. If they were to happen at the same time, it would be very hard for us to handle them," he said.

Ma made the remark while observing a drill in southern Taiwan's Pingtung county simulating a tsunami hitting a nuclear plant, as happened at Japan's Fukushima facility.

(...)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
New Pics from Tepco

The photos were taken by the Packbot inside the nuclear reactor building of Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station(pictured on April 17, 2011)

1st Floor, Nuclear Reactor Building, Unit 1

1st Floor, Nuclear Reactor Building, Unit 2

1st Floor, Nuclear Reactor Building, Unit 3

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Arnie Gundersen has posted a new video update on fukushima.

Fairewinds

I've been trying to imbed the video from youtube, but when I click "vid:youtube" it asks for the video number instead of the link. I add the link and the video does not work. Anyone know how I can resolve this?

edit on 4/19/1111 by NoAngel2u because: imbed video

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
AREVA to Set up a Water Decontamination Process for the Fukushima Site
(19/04/11 12:25 CET)

www.euronext.com/news/companypressrelease/details_popup/cprDetails-1721-NL.html?docid=984336

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALTERNATECH
I don't know how or why this server has near live reactor data, but it does and I'm greatful.
www.gyldengrisgaard.dk...

They are getting that information from the google.docs page that the Japanese nuclear regulatory agency has.
The direct link was posted more than a few pages back. It also has charts. BUT, its all in Japanese!
ETA:
Its a spreadsheet.google page put up by NISA and METI, here's the direct link:
spreadsheets0.google.com...=0

The "decoder ring" from my post on pg 701:

A rough transliteration of the spread sheet column headings: a=date, b=atomic furnace level A (mm), c=nuclear reactor water level B (mm), d=atomic furnace pressure force A(Mpa g), e=atomic furnace pressure force B (Mpa g), f=pressure vessel water temp (ºC), g=lower pressure vessel temp (ºC), h=DW (Mpa abs), i=SC (Mpa abs), j=DW CAMS (Sv/h), k=SC CAMS (Sv/h)

On the bottom of the spreadsheet are selection boxes, starting from the left, clicking the first box gives you the spreadsheet for the reactor selected from 3/15, the second box gives you a chart of pressure force A&B, the third box is a chart of pressure vessel water temp upper & lower, the forth box will give you a spreadsheet of readings from ~3/15. The left right arrows on the bottom will scroll the bottom boxes to the next reactor, using the same sequence for the display. Reactors 1,2,3,5,6 are on this spread sheet. 4 is not there!
Have fun!
Oh, and thank Masato-san for posting all this info, his twitter address is on the spreadsheet!

An addendum: There is a pressure correction factor to be applied to pressure readings as follows:
"Reactor pressure until midnight on April 6, the correct list of each number based on TEPCO announced April 06, 1.111 after correction with the value multiplied by the number."
That's a transliteration of the notice in red on the spreadsheet.
edit on 19-4-2011 by Tworide because: added link

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog
reply to post by Silverlok

NP,
, it's impossible to catch everything in this monster thread. Also, I notice the data shows some pressure in the RPV of #3, now how would this be possible if the lid has blown off as Redneck and a number of others here have speculated? Were we wrong?

The speculation was that the concrete plug of the containment structure blew off and went through the roof of the adjacent turbine building, not the RPV.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The spin machine at TEPCO, continues to state that radiation levels in the reactors are getting lower, in fact human workers can now go in and do some work...unfortunately, these pack bots don't have the capability, like humans, to lie.
I'm placing my bets on the bots...uh huh....

PackBots originally designed to help U.S. troops are sent to Japan to survey damage to Fukushima nuclear plants. They discovered high radiation levels during the first entry into the plant devastated by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami.
PDF Version
A pair of 60-pound military robots originally designed for such tasks as disarming bombs and combat zone surveillance have entered reactor buildings at the stricken Fukushima nuclear power plant in Sendai, Japan.

The PackBot robots, provided by iRobot, are already reporting that the radiation levels in the power plants are too high for humans to spend any significant time in the plants, according to a New York Times report. The robots, outfitted with a set of sensors originally designed for hazardous materials incidents, have entered reactors 1 and 3 of the plant, which were damaged during the catastrophic March 11, 2011, earthquake and tsunami.
A pair of 60-pound military robots originally designed for such tasks as disarming bombs and combat zone surveillance have entered reactor buildings at the stricken Fukushima nuclear power plant in Sendai, Japan.

The PackBot robots, provided by iRobot, are already reporting that the radiation levels in the power plants are too high for humans to spend any significant time in the plants, according to a New York Times report. The robots, outfitted with a set of sensors originally designed for hazardous materials incidents, have entered reactors 1 and 3 of the plant, which were damaged during the catastrophic March 11, 2011, earthquake and tsunami. www.eweek.com...

From this article 4 18 2011 States TEPCO needs to get "creative" in order to do anything to follow the "plan".

Radiation Poses Barrier to Repair Work at Plant
By HIROKO TABUCHI
Published: April 18, 2011
TOKYO — Robots deployed inside two reactors at the Japanese nuclear plant overrun by last month’s devastating tsunami have detected radiation levels too high for workers to enter, posing immediate challenges for a new plan to bring the ravaged complex under control by year’s end.

“It is a harsh environment for humans to work in,” said Hidehiko Nishiyama, deputy director general at the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency.

He said the levels would require the plant’s operator, the Tokyo Electric Power Company, to be “creative” in bringing the plant to a stable state known as a cold shutdown within six to nine months, as the company laid out in a timetable on Sunday www.nytimes.com...]

Des

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Nuclear Agency: No Plans To Discharge More Contaminated Water Into Sea

e.nikkei.com/e/fr/tnks/Nni20110419D19JF507.htm

TOKYO (Dow Jones)--Japan's authorities in charge of handling the ongoing nuclear crisis believe they can avoid discharging more contaminated water from the stricken Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, officials said Tuesday.

"We feel confident that we can avoid the release of any further contaminated water," said Hidehiko Nishiyama, spokesman for the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency, at a press briefing.

(...)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Well, I see in the first photo, it's not like the maids just left, all nice and squeaky clean...

TY for finding these and posting them, Makeitso.

Des

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: sp

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
K people .. there is no shutter on a digital camera
the pixels would go more based on how long the camera was
pointed at a radioactive source, the shutter speed is virtual

the proof is that you see the image before you hit the
shutter button. Thats the CCD capturing just as it would
when you hit the button

top topics

<< 744  745  746    748  749  750 >>

join