It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 744.htm
513
<< 741  742  743    745  746  747 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
reply to post by mrbillshow


Someone write Magma and ask what system they put in... and why data is being withheld






Data is not being withheld, Tepco owns the system and the data from it and they can do anything with it they please.




posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ALTERNATECH
 

your wish , here is the capture ( the black bits are artifacts I from capture ):




Just too big I think , but have at it



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshow
Data is not being withheld, Tepco owns the system and the data from it and they can do anything with it they please.


Sir Merriam-Webster says...

withheld;
1. Refuse to give (something that is due to or is desired by another)
2. Suppress or hold back

They got it... we don't; the media don't; and like the government don't yet we all desire to have it

WITHHELD



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Some time ago I suggested we burn trash (with a scrubber on the chimney) to boil water for steam turbines. Would solve the trash problem..

Well...

Japan plans to use debris for power


The Japanese agricultural ministry is planning to use wooden debris from the March 11 earthquake and tsunami to generate power. The ministry hopes the effort will compensate for electricity shortages expected this summer.

The ministry says 100,000 tons of wood can produce about 10,000 kilowatts of power. It says 75 percent of about 2.5-million tons of wreckage is wood.

A draft supplementary budget for the reconstruction effort, to be submitted to the Diet this month, will include about 3.6 million dollars to buy heavy machinery to clear the debris. The funds would cover half the cost of operations by local governments and private companies.

Six power generation facilities in the Tohoku and Kanto regions have already shown interest in making wood chips from debris.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 07:36 +0900 (JST)


www3.nhk.or.jp...



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone
 


Here's the Wikipedia explanation on Cesium-137
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 18-4-2011 by Communicater because: added link



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I'm trying to get some light on the mysterious radiation spike shown on the US EPA website a few days before the quake and nuclear emergency.

It is off the chart compared to the Fukushima Daiichi spikes--

Mysterious Beta Spike...



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Somebody asked Dr. Neal Krawetz about the dots in Fukushima pictures. They wanted to know if a reasonable radiation count could be determined from them. They pointed at the Tepco pics and left it at that, so the outcome would not be influenced.

One of Dr. Krawetz fortes is image analysis, so it was perhaps reasonable to presume he may have some information on that subject.

He doesn't.
But he did post it on his blog and put out a request for comments.
The answer is far from resolved, but the Dr. has received some interesting comments.

My intent is to continue following it to see if someone can definitively produce an adequate answer.

Dr. Krawetz blog is: The Hacker Factor.



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Those thermal images released by the ministry of defense really blow , but it's the squeak that occasionally gets oiled, so mixing metaphors even bad onions make soup (not that it's good)

O.k this is one of the first thermal images released it show #3, #4 and the common storage pool (upper left):


Not a lot can be drained out of this about temperatures except that the off center area in three is looking pretty hot ( probably around 3-23), what is more interesting is that circled hot spot between the reactors and the lighter spot located up and right a bit from the hot spot on three.

The circled spot appears to be coming from the (edit*building) ground? between 3 and 4?

Now the slightly dimmer spot on three is interesting because it appears to be that big square hole in the floor that may once have been a services elevator. the implication is that we have something heating up the air at a fairly low floor in three

Now on four I noticed that the thermal images do deem to suggest material accumulating in the core. this little animation uses three frames from the series release kind a beginning middle end deal . the reason I did this is that the angles and temperature ranges and relative sizes (height/focal distance) are not even remotely similar so a lot of adjusting for correlation has to be done (remember perspective is sometimes skewed which require rectification ) . anyway all that is just saying that this isn't perfect but it does point out interesting information around the core


It would appear material is either accumulating in the core or around the top, It may be that the RPV is leaking and what's left of the central area of the pool is draining into it ( as they fill it ) and hence accumulating . It could also be as postulated before poolium has managed to melt into or around the containment and is building up at the bottom .
edit on 18-4-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Here's a small puzzle piece regarding the missing sports/park barge. As some of you suspected, it's being retrofitted to hold contaminated water.

Japan turns to Mitsubishi to drive rebuilding project following earthquake and tsunami




Meanwhile, MHI is also busy finding solutions to the nuclear crisis at Fukushima's Daiichi plant, where 60,000 tons of highly-radioactive water have to be removed before the situation can be resolved.

"We suggested that they use something we called the mega-float," said Mr Omiya. "This is a tank on the ocean that we helped to build 10 to 15 years ago for research. It was more than 1,000 metres long and was designed to be a floating runway to land aeroplanes on."

The mega-float was never used, however, and was eventually divided up into sections and given to seaside resorts across Japan to use as fishing or sunbathing platforms.

"The nearest one was at Shimuzu port and we have already towed it to Yokohama and modified it to house 10,000 tons of radioactive water. We will bring it to Fukushima this month," he said.


And then Areva will work to DE-contaminate the water.


At the same time, MHI introduced Tepco to Areva, its French partner, which has a technology for decontaminating radioactive water.


Would that technology be "heave-ho" - splash!

The writer is obviously unaware that Tepco and Areva were already dating.


The Telegraph
edit on 18-4-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96
 


Hi all... I'm still around just got buried with honey do's and working to get caught up on the thread.



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso
 


If we can definitively tie the robot photos to radiation measurements we have a on the scene rosetta stone as some of the photos show gamma strikes



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso
 


I posited that question a fair number of pages ago and several good suggestions were made back and forth for ways to enhance and possibly add the functionality in such a way as to make them open to a wider range of spectra.

I know Silverlok had a couple of suggestions as did another poster or two (apologies, k can't recall exactly who contributed) which included adding a lens cap embedded with differed elements which would fluoresce differently based upon the type of radiation encountered. It would be great if that idea could be brought about and made useable.
edit on 18-4-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Stupid iPhone auto correct errors



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
I'm trying to get some light on the mysterious radiation spike shown on the US EPA website a few days before the quake and nuclear emergency.

It is off the chart compared to the Fukushima Daiichi spikes--

Mysterious Beta Spike...


If it was around SF only, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory would sure be suspect.
en.wikipedia.org...

Or a radioactive waste drum popped open off the Farallon Islands nuclear waste dumping grounds.(1946-1972) It's supposed to be low level waste only, but with the close proximity of Livermore Labs and the kind of work they do, I'd be suspect. The govt doesn't seem to have a handle on what was dumped and where it is exactly.
walrus.wr.usgs.gov...



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Somebody asked Dr. Neal Krawetz about the dots in Fukushima pictures. They wanted to know if a reasonable radiation count could be determined from them. They pointed at the Tepco pics and left it at that, so the outcome would not be influenced.

One of Dr. Krawetz fortes is image analysis, so it was perhaps reasonable to presume he may have some information on that subject.

He doesn't.
But he did post it on his blog and put out a request for comments.
The answer is far from resolved, but the Dr. has received some interesting comments.

My intent is to continue following it to see if someone can definitively produce an adequate answer.

Dr. Krawetz blog is: The Hacker Factor.



You are very right there are some good quotes there this one helps the peoples here working on this so I snagged it:


I'm a Navy physician, undergrad degree in physics, working with Joint Task Force 505 on some of the issues around Fukushima. We are using a count conversion of 1:10: if a detector counts 100 counts, assume there were 1000 decays. The time the original picture was taken was between the R2 explosions and during the fire from R4. The radiation level shot from 1000 μSv/hr to 12000 μSv/hr that morning, and then tapered back down over the day to about 300 or 400. For comparison, the pictures of the packbot from today have a few similar blown pixels.
www.tepco.co.jp...


Count conversion 1:10 , and radiation measurements...nice...



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tworide
If it was around SF only, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory would sure be suspect.


Got this so far:



edit on 18-4-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshow

Originally posted by zorgon
reply to post by mrbillshow


Someone write Magma and ask what system they put in... and why data is being withheld




Data is not being withheld, Tepco owns the system and the data from it and they can do anything with it they please.




That really strikes a chord, of course what you say has an infallible logic, they own the information, they can do with it as they please.
Such as withholding information, not saying everything they knew from the beginning, and I dont think no one needs to tell you to read up on the whole thread to get informed regarding some speculations that turned out to be the reality of the situation made on this same post, speculation based on the experience of the members and the reading between the lines regarding the little information had.

TEPCO has lied, TEPCO has been hiding facts and covering the disaster since day one, deliberate misleading the public opinion with diverting tactics worthy of the shadiest of conspirators.
This tale has some huge that only the facts can cover, we do not have access to the truth in this case for whatever reason they deem fit.

Is it legal, ethical or humane to keep millions in the darkness regarding their futures? who knows, I think not, your opinion may vary, after all they are in all of their right to do whatever they please right?



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon
 


While at first thought this may seem like a good idea, however, there is a slight issue of radioactive isotopes bonding to smoke particles and reuptaking into the atmosphere and redistributing, including Cs-137 and Str-90 and heavier Am-241, Pu-238 into the smoke.

This issue was a major concern after Chernobyl and the wildfires that broke out in 2010 Radioactive wildfires 2010 Chernobyl. After Chernobyl agricultural work, a hot windy summer and fires redistributed radioactive particles widely into the atmosphere.

Aerosolization and redistribution of radioactivity from Chernobyl



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso
 


This was very informative, thanks. I loved this contribution:



If Tom is wrong and it's 989 counts per 1/100 of a second, that's about 6 million counts per minute. Yahoo Answers tells me that 1000 counts (of "standard" radiation, which the CCD may or may not actually be detecting) equates to about 1 mrem, so at this rate the CCD would reach a human's recommended annual radiation limit of 5000 mrem in under a minute. Since a human is somewhat larger than a CCD, it seems like this would pretty much imply a quick death for the photographer. Given that the photographer apparently survived to distribute this picture, I'd tend to think Tom is right :-)


It appears that these spots are indicative of gamma hitting the camera sensor and blowing pixels before the shutter is even activated.... interesting.



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Any concern about the fact that some of that debris, dare I say a substantial portion of that debris could be radioactive?? Really?


Originally posted by zorgon
Some time ago I suggested we burn trash (with a scrubber on the chimney) to boil water for steam turbines. Would solve the trash problem..

Well...

Japan plans to use debris for power


The Japanese agricultural ministry is planning to use wooden debris from the March 11 earthquake and tsunami to generate power. The ministry hopes the effort will compensate for electricity shortages expected this summer.

The ministry says 100,000 tons of wood can produce about 10,000 kilowatts of power. It says 75 percent of about 2.5-million tons of wreckage is wood.

A draft supplementary budget for the reconstruction effort, to be submitted to the Diet this month, will include about 3.6 million dollars to buy heavy machinery to clear the debris. The funds would cover half the cost of operations by local governments and private companies.

Six power generation facilities in the Tohoku and Kanto regions have already shown interest in making wood chips from debris.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 07:36 +0900 (JST)


www3.nhk.or.jp...



posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog
 

Actually there is a charge up charge down (or out) time in the ccd and according to our doctor scientist serviceman for practical purposes at fukushima 1 out of ten particles will be reactive (most of the gamma just zing on through) so while the ccd is charging /charged/discharging we should expect a distribution curve based on those relative times (with the white dots being in the center and colored ones being off at the ends ), and event the simulated aperture time ( may not be real-time equivilent) that is a heck of a hit ( plus It's tepco all we know it the camera and picture made it out ), also the pixels are not being permanently damaged (here it wold seem) as the ccd electric "well" is simply filling to over flowing




top topics



 
513
<< 741  742  743    745  746  747 >>

log in

join