It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 743.htm
<< 740  741  742    744  745  746 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Oh boy here we go...

Questions Raised on Purchases of Tokyo Electric Power Shares

TOKYO — Japanese regulators and executives of the Tokyo Electric Power Company are asking questions about a seemingly coordinated series of stock purchases two weeks ago that led to an undisclosed buyer or buyers acquiring a large bloc of the utility, which owns Japan’s dangerously damaged nuclear power plant.

Regulators want to know whether the trades, valued at up to $600 million and placed from Hong Kong during the week of April 3, were structured to circumvent Japanese securities laws, which require the owner of more than 5 percent of a publicly traded company to file disclosure papers identifying the shareholder.

Depending on the prices at which the buy orders were executed, they could add up to nearly 10 percent of Tepco’s shares.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Documenting, of truth being kept from the public.

4/17/2011 -- HIGH LEVEL FORECAST of Cesium-137 (not shown to public)

Utube video...This man posts some very good data...kinda skeery...IMO...

www.youtube.com...

Des

I do not believe the explosion theory ( fission does just as good 'slowly' ) , so fair warning , but this is an interesting catch Des , so i will embed it Here, he has kind of windy intro so one can probably skip to the 6:00 minute mark:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
silverlok,
nah, not the cap,
saw what looks like a fleshless skull to me.
edit on 18-4-2011 by ALTERNATECH because: I wanna better look but I'm on my laptop and my desktop "central command centre" is down since I'm loading up my trailer for living and stuff, "future proofing"

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I found this news from kyodo interesting as it shows the % of data the public is getting on FU-shima:

Gov't panel releases 2 of over 2,000 radiation dispersal estimates

TOKYO, April 18, Kyodo

The Nuclear Safety Commission of Japan has released only two computer-simulated estimates of radioactive substance dispersal since the nuclear accident at the Fukushima Daiichi power plant, although more than 2,000 of them were made, sources familiar with the matter said Monday.
LINK

As for the mr billshow he is surely an accomplished astroturfer using an interesting disruptive technique of just spatting nonsense to entangle the thread in useless bickering.... uhg! IMHO
edit on 18-4-2011 by AlaskanDad because: changed code also added "IMHO"

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AlaskanDad

Because people don't understand aggregated data displayed in charts? Probably not.

Cherry Picking at its finest.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshow
reply to post by Silverlok

My opinion is the cameras were probably damaged in the tsunami, if not the radiation may do them in. Besides the cameras you have power, cabling and computer hardware, we know the power is out, the cabling was probably also damaged and who knows if the computers controlling the system can even be booted up.

But the unsupportable theory that the cameras are up and working has evolved into a grand conspiracy involving Tepco, the Mossad and other nuclear PTB's throughout the world.

This issue of jumping to the most crowd pleasing if not extreme solutions and answers for every little issue that comes up is not going to be solved because the participants here want grand conspiracy theories and any other reasonable opinions are shouted down and ridiculed or the messenger gets the old "don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out".

Yes, the info posted here is good, but what people do with it is insane.

The power is out??? I guess the IAEA on Apr 2 had their collective thumbs up their butt...
A/C Power= Yes, control room lights also
This was already posted this AM, did you read it? Or not, because it didn't fit YOUR scenario of "everything all gone".

Military grade security cams would be "hardened" models for a nuclear environment and have UPS backup, are wireless and the computers, multiple RAID servers for sure, are located in a building away from the reactors and have redundant UPS backup also, The System as a whole most likely never went down. Granted, cams attached high outside on reactor buildings 1,3 and 4 were probably blown to smithereens , but dollars to donuts there are image files on a storage device from those cams right up to that point. Not to mention images from all the other perimeter cams that would have been set up, even if they got doused by the tidal wave, these are environmentally "hardened" with at least double casings and o-rings, you could use them underwater if you wanted too...

Quite simply the theory that the system stayed up and running is based on the knowledge of the capability of this type of equipment used for military grade surveillance.
If you want to peruse some similar equipment and specs...
www.predictive-maintenance.com...

This ain't Radio Shack #...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLastStand
reply to post by predator0187

I toned down posting because watching these developments is too time consuming, there are better things to do --> my opinion is solid that there is nothing these creatons can do to downplay things. If you people are worried about people disappearing then help them get on this forum using tor, good luck tracking that. The so called "experts" got us into this mess in the first place, that is an "expert" designed reactor. As far as I'm concerned nobody's an expert on controlling something that they've demonstrated cannot be controlled by the experts.

Here's a thought in relation to experts...An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less
until he knows absolutely everything about nothing.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
What TEPCO is doing might not even fix it...
Success no given in Tepco road map

Too many uncertainties cloud the feasibility of Tokyo Electric Power Co.'s plan to achieve a cold shutdown of the damaged reactors at the Fukushima No. 1 power plant in six to nine months, experts said Monday.

"There are too many uncertain elements to guarantee the work will be finished in the given time frame," said Tadashi Yoshida, professor at the Nuclear Reactor Laboratory of Tokyo City University. "Tepco is probably aware of the uncertainties. But by announcing the plan, Tepco gave itself a commitment. That is a meaningful thing."

And it could be even more dangerous.

But Tepco is running another risk, Yoshida said.

By effectively filling 80 or 90 percent of the containment vessels, each of which can hold from 6,000 to 7,400 tons of water, the weight will make them more vulnerable to aftershocks, he said.

Yoshida's worry is shared by Hisashi Ninokata, professor of reactor engineering at Tokyo Institute of Technology.

"There is a question of how much weight the containment vessel and the suppression chamber can endure," Ninokata said. "If aftershocks as strong as magnitude 7 or 8 strike, it is completely unknown whether they can hold up," he said.

Dammit.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALTERNATECH
silverlok,
nah, not the cap,
saw what looks like a fleshless skull to me.
edit on 18-4-2011 by ALTERNATECH because: I wanna better look but I'm on my laptop and my desktop "central command centre" is down since I'm loading up my trailer for living and stuff, "future proofing"

I do believe this is what you're are looking for yes?

I can see what you mean but I believe it is some rubble sitting on the roof of the lower building which would make it about the size of a fire truck , though even if it were right next to the bent wall beams there it would still be about ten times the size of a man's head. Pecular shape no doubt looks like the world's biggest 'I love deathmetal' skull ring , good eye though man .

And Alaskandad : I wouldn't say good; evident are a combination of 'repetition','simplification', 'accomplishment','common man', and (badly) 'humor' . Not new techniques in the least:

“Propaganda Techniques” is based upon “Appendix I: PSYOP Techniques” from “Psychological Operations Field Manual No.33-1″ published by Headquarters; Department of the Army, in Washington DC, on 31 August 1979

I remember before computers were everywhere ( or worthwhile at least ) these came in huge numbered binders that were carefully controlled , ah how the times change.
edit on 18-4-2011 by Silverlok because: you see when the backi s into the corner it appears to get larger..trickery trickery

I just wanted to add I am still kind of new to ats so what the hell does the K number stand for ? and did you guys know Zorgon's like a rock star on ats (#5, I'm not pandering it's just something of note)...

...and no doubt about the nature of experts in modern America, I don't think anyone should be intimidated to post here..it's odd to think that people would be...it's not like it's rocket science...
edit on 18-4-2011 by Silverlok because: damn that K

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Utube video...This man posts some very good data...

Unfortunately he is using the data to fear monger. He says that the xenon is a result of nuclear explosion, but in the very article he quotes from Wikipedia the third line in that article says

Relatively high concentrations of radioactive xenon isotopes are also found emanating from nuclear reactors due to the release of this fission gas from cracked fuel rods or fissioning of uranium in cooling water.

en.wikipedia.org...

Pity that

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
yeaaaaah,,,,, u see, I'm still going to have to go with "skull" on that one.
Btw ur screencapture was nothing like "AS SEEN ON T.V." even though it was yakno.

edit on 18-4-2011 by ALTERNATECH because: no offence, just wanted more "skullyness", kk

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Tworide

Well, you don't have any evidence that most of what you just posted is installed at Fukushima other than you wish it to be true. You even go so far as to post specifications for equipment that doesn't have anything to do with Magma or Tepco.

Here's another equally plausible scenario. Tepco, a company that would go so far to save money it doesn't have enough adequate radiation suits or dosimeters for it's employees, that repeatedly falsified it's safety measures and for which several company execs had to resign, that has deferred badly needed maintenance to it's plant and equipment, that refused to relocate it's back up generators to a safe location even after it was determined a necessary condition on it's subsequent plants (I could go on and on but I think readers get my drift) went the cheap route and installed the lowest cost, most basic security camera system it could find.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshow
The lastest is the whereabouts of TRN. Before he seemed to have left the premesis he mentioned several times he was busy working on some projects. When he didn't show up I assumed he was taking care of personal business or maybe he just got tired of the thread. But I awoke this morning to find that he had been purposely silenced by the government and has now been whisked off or fled the continent to a secret location (maybe the stargate?)

After over a month of following this thread, going off topic from time to time to keep ones sanity is highly recommended. We are not automatrons or paid news casters that have a program to follow. Speculation when facts are muddled is what we do best at ATS... in the end it gets sorted out. Problem I see is that you call the kettle black, Mr Pot... Thou doth protest to much...

Now as to TRN... I did some checking with my sources and they assure me he did not access one of the stargates. However as a Mod on ATS it is obvious to me that he did not read the fine print of his position... that real life activities take second place and a notice in triplicate must be submitted three weeks prior to any leave of absence..

Seriously though if you have the time to log on to ATS in your absence, and you have heard via at least two people that the posters in the thread are concerned, how long does it take to just drop a note and say "Sorry still busy... later" rather than have those two people tell us they have been in touch and all is well?

Yeah so in the absence of true data, it is obvious that he was kidnapped by Mossad agents working for TEPCO. Oh yeah? Prove me wrong then

Now stop being such a grump and go find us some real data to make your posts more in keeping with your 'requests'

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Great, now we have the great "skull caper" that will fill up these pages for 2 days.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
/also it was reported that wednesday "april13th" "black smoke rising from reactor 3"
I believe it's important to watch for "black smoke incidents" because of the graphite "core catcher" "under the RPV?" that the mark1 reactor has, I'm just thinking that the black smoke is from the core doing it's thing and sizzlin the graphite, so just fyi it maybe that, and if you see it again at other reactor's it may be telling "talking"
edit on 18-4-2011 by ALTERNATECH because: had to

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
Oh boy here we go...
Questions Raised on Purchases of Tokyo Electric Power Shares

Ya know we should all jump on this and buy TEPCO shares when they bottom out...

Why? Because when the glowing dust settles, Japan will still need power stations and they will have to restructure the company... so we can ride the wave back up

OH BTW I know nothing about stock, cept the kind you put your head into

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I've posted many opinions and analysis that has proven out to be mostly true but they're just not glamorous enough for many of the participants of this thread.

And I certainly won't be able to compete with the great "skull caper". It's just too damn sexy.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Anybody who doesn't expect significant manipulation of tepco stock in this crisis doesn't live in the same world as me.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mrbillshow

Someone write Magma and ask what system they put in... and why data is being withheld

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The only people that will make money on Tepco are those that will be trading with the daily ups and downs of the stock. The trend will always be down, eventually it will have to go BK in the face of billions of dollars of liabilities. A consortium of nuclear interests will end up buying it for ten cents on the dollar, the preferred stock holders and banks will get something back and the common stock will be wiped clean. The JapGuv may end up stepping in but the only way to insure that the remnants of tepco continue to provide badly needed energy to the citizens of Japan is to make the common stock worthless.

This kind of thing happens all the time and unless you're an insider you're not at the table.

IMO
edit on 18-4-2011 by mrbillshow because: forgot the qualification

new topics

top topics

<< 740  741  742    744  745  746 >>

join