It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 742.htm
<< 739  740  741    743  744  745 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
But bear in mind that I-131 is just a small part of the overall contamination load, there's a slew of nasties they aren't reporting.

They like that Iodine
because the half life being 8 days will show declines that they can report. That way they can tell people...

Edano: evacuees may return home in 6 months

Japan's Chief Cabinet Secretary says residents around the troubled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, who are currently displaced, may be able to return to their homes in 6 months at the earliest.

Yukio Edano was speaking on Monday, one day after the plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Company unveiled a plan to get the plant under control.
The plan aims to achieve a steady reduction of radiation in the first 3 months and, in the next stage, to get the release of radioactive materials under control 6 to 9 months from now.

Edano said the timetable was compiled by experts and he believes it is feasible.

He added that the government will closely monitor the situation because it is still too early to relax with continuing aftershocks.

Edano said the completion of the second stage of the plan will serve as a target after which some residents may be able to return to their homes.

Monday, April 18, 2011 13:28 +0900 (JST)

www3.nhk.or.jp...

Too early to relax? Oh well give it a few weeks, I am sure radiation levels will continue to drop
edit on 18-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

More apologies... less action...
TEPCO president apologizes at the Diet

www3.nhk.or.jp...

Kan apologizes but refuses to step down now

Kan apologized for the government's failure to check the systems' strength in advance. He said there was no excuse for failing to prepare for a worst-case scenario.

He also suggested that the nation's nuclear policy needs to be reviewed, and that the government will not continue with the existing guidelines until their safety is confirmed.

www3.nhk.or.jp...
edit on 18-4-2011 by zorgon because: TEPCO Experts

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bitbytebit

lol maybe not everyone got one. magna doesnt run the security period. but its kinda irrelevant. also love the thought that 'theoretically' magna has access to the cameras. 'theoretically, so do I

If you think that an Israeli company makes and installs security cameras and then doesn't put a back door in for Mossad and/or themselves to monitor, you must be more naive than you seem.
Search Google for Mossad if you really need to, but they're, probably, the biggest "intelligence agency" in the world

Mossad

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshow
reply to post by Destinyone

I've also stated several times that those cams and computers, if intact, probably went down when they lost electricity.

Do you really think a state of the art security company would install a system that could defeated by tripping a circuit breaker???
You would keep it self contained by the use of redundant UPSs' and transmit your signal via satellite link.
Heck, my system at home backed up by a UPS...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Documenting, of truth being kept from the public.

4/17/2011 -- HIGH LEVEL FORECAST of Cesium-137 (not shown to public)

Utube video...This man posts some very good data...kinda skeery...IMO...

www.youtube.com...

Des

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowbeard

Originally posted by bitbytebit

lol maybe not everyone got one. magna doesnt run the security period. but its kinda irrelevant. also love the thought that 'theoretically' magna has access to the cameras. 'theoretically, so do I

If you think that an Israeli company makes and installs security cameras and then doesn't put a back door in for Mossad and/or themselves to monitor, you must be more naive than you seem.
Search Google for Mossad if you really need to, but they're, probably, the biggest "intelligence agency" in the world

Mossad

Gee, I can't understand why Tepco won't give them access...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tworide

I've also stated several times that those cams and computers, if intact, probably went down when they lost electricity.

Do you really think a state of the art security company would install a system that could defeated by tripping a circuit breaker???
You would keep it self contained by the use of redundant UPSs' and transmit your signal via satellite link.

No, but maybe a 30 foot tsunami.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm

"We have an agreement in principle with the Japanese that we will provide protection for all of the country's nuclear reactors," Siboni said.

www.haaretz.com... ocalLinksEnabled=false
concen.org...

Is that clear enough???

edit on 18-4-2011 by Regenstorm because: (no reason given)

only if your the type of person who has to stretch things to make the facts fit your worldview. if magna was 'running' security they wouldnt need the companies permission to access. stop trying to add confusion. or believe that israel is involved to whatever extent you want. thats not any more out than other funny posts i guess.

I wonder if you know what a support agreement is

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tworide

No, but maybe a 30 foot tsunami.

We shouldn't feed the trolls, but here it goes...

15:01 (approximate): A 14-metre (46 ft) tsunami unleashed by the earthquake overtops the seawall designed to protect the plant from a tsunami of 5.7 metres (19 ft), inundating the Fukushima facility and disabling the backup generators whose electricity was then required to operate controls and cool the reactors.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

Siboni said that his company's cameras were probably not damaged in the quake and tsunami as they were placed high up.

www.israel21c.org...

Do your homework lazy boy!!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mrbillshow

Magma already stated that they could access the systems for the cameras installed at the facility , and "that most of them were installed pretty high up " and survived intact ( seeing as they are designed for military operations this is no surprise ) , the only thing that kept them ( according to them ) from retrieving the data is that Tepco hadn't asked them to ( they don't have permission according to magma).

and

Magmas cameras are special because the are binocular thermal / visual / nightvision image and ranging finding cameras which would reveal critical information about the state of the MOX reactor they were/are monitoring (the reason they were installed )

More importantly the reason the cameras come into play ( regardless of tangential political entanglements) is that Tepco has consistently lied and obscured data and they provably (I am going to repeat that PROVABLY) have working cameras all around the plant, and that willingness by policy of Tepco's obfuscation of data is the important point. They could easily claim all the cameras broke , but they haven't, because they can't.

This has been mentioned linked and demonstrated beyond a reasonable doubt on this thread dozens of times for critical information and hundreds of times in other ways.

Which makes me wonder how many times the same poster can bring up the same subject over and over even though it clearly lacks the coherence of even a small retention of material from this thread , and has been conclusively demonstrated to be incorrect and poorly researched before it is considered a nuisance by the moderators.

Please by all means if you have some factual evidence refuting the factual evidence already supplied by multiple posters ( and Tepco and magma themselves )post it. This continued dogma makes you look a bit foolish , like a drunken brawler throwing hay-makers at a judo competition. Either you cannot remember things posted multiple times ten or twenty pages ago , or you are simply unwilling to use the time honored format of counterpoint and rebuttal, in logical meaningful COHERENT ways.

It is somewhat interesting, ironic even that the Original Mr. bill show , was stolen by SNL from the original creator and he had to sue them to get it back and get paid for his creation.

edit on 18-4-2011 by Silverlok because: canning not caming

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
This thread had been great for information. The volume of data that gets posted is as good or better than most other places. Nobody here is trying to derail threads, on the contrary it's an effort to keep the discussion focused. Some off the wall things get mentioned here, repeated and all of sudden it becomes accepted as fact. How many pages/days was spent talking about the mysterious walking steam vent? How about the ghost vapors and the two dead workers on top of the reactors?

The lastest is the whereabouts of TRN. Before he seemed to have left the premesis he mentioned several times he was busy working on some projects. When he didn't show up I assumed he was taking care of personal business or maybe he just got tired of the thread. But I awoke this morning to find that he had been purposely silenced by the government and has now been whisked off or fled the continent to a secret location (maybe the stargate?)

People talk about how all views are welcome here but that isn't true, only views acceptable to a chosen few and unfortunately that trends to the bizarre and extreme. Look at how that poor marie woman was treated a few days ago. Some people didn't like what she posted so she was given the bums rush off the thread. Agreed her opinions on how to extract the radioactive material from the reactors seemed unworkable but that opinion was far more reasonable than a lot of what else gets posted and accepted here without objection.

If all views are welcome than that should include reasonable criticism of weird and other unsupportable theories.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
We need a "don't feed the trolls" icon.

Mrbitbytebillshowbit is and has been pulling the tread in one way or another for a while and have contributed rather anemically to such a degree as to perk up BS detectors amongst many.

As for the raised radiation exposure limit, what keeps being ignored is that it is an ANNUAL limit and we are seeing rates at which this amount would be exceeded within a short period of time.

Now I've found this:

Dose Limits For Radiation Workers
Whole body exposure ............................ 20mSv/annum
Individual organ or tissue or hands ....... 500mSv/annum
Lens of the eye ...................................... 150mSv/annum

Source

A good bit of information in that page as well.

Got tk get ready for work so I'll be in lurk mode until after midnight or so central time.

Remember

If it has warts and a nasty smell then it's a troll.

edit on 18-4-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
O

The lastest is the whereabouts of TRN. Before he seemed to have left the premesis he mentioned several times he was busy working on some projects. When he didn't show up I assumed he was taking care of personal business or maybe he just got tired of the thread. But I awoke this morning to find that he had been purposely silenced by the government and has now been whisked off or fled the continent to a secret location (maybe the stargate?)

When TRN was a major contributor to this thread for 1 month and then just ups and disappears in the middle of the night of COURSE on a conspiracy site we are going to think of non-standard causes. The fact that he has logged onto the site twice since disappearing without even a "hey, I'll be back on such and such date" is slightly suspicious.

Now, with that, I'm 100% certain that he didn't get shoved into a Stargate.

edit on 4/18/2011 by Finalized because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical

If it has warts and a nasty smell then it's a troll.

I have no warts, nor nasty smell, I just had a shower.

Sorry for the off topic post, but I was wondering if anyone has heard anything from TheRedneck?

I'm in Alabama for a couple of days, and would like to contact him, if he is interested... I'm 'buyin

Hey, I survived Atlanta, its all good now.

-End-Off-Topic- post.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Hi FF!

There was a post a pages back from a super mod (post):

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Hello, ATSers.

I've been following this thread off and on and have seen posts regarding The Redneck.

The Redneck has some IRL stuff going on and will be back posting on ATS when he is able.

No conspiracy, just taking care of what needs taking care of.....

I hope his real life stuff isn't too bad & he can join us again soon.

OiO
edit on 18-4-2011 by OneisOne because: add link

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...
at 10:24,,,,,,,,,,, lets get a capture, some zoom, some sharpness/cleanup and confirm that if at all possible shall we.
Velly interesting Mr. Bond
edit on 18-4-2011 by ALTERNATECH because: vid thingy

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Hi FF!

There was a post a pages back from a super mod (post):

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Hello, ATSers.

I've been following this thread off and on and have seen posts regarding The Redneck.

The Redneck has some IRL stuff going on and will be back posting on ATS when he is able.

No conspiracy, just taking care of what needs taking care of.....

I hope his real life stuff isn't too bad & he can join us again soon.

OiO

Thats good news, well, if TheRedneck is here and reading, and may be interested, and wants to meet an ATS member IRL, I'd pay for everything, even gas if needed.. I'm only here for 2 days... I have some ideas and stuff I'd like to discuss with him... Oh well, never hurts to ask.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

This is the funny thing, I haven't objected to any of the information you post, only that the cameras are in working condition. You mistate the comments from the owner of the company who only thinks they may be working because they were "pretty high up". Nobody knows, including him. My opinion is the cameras were probably damaged in the tsunami, if not the radiation may do them in. Besides the cameras you have power, cabling and computer hardware, we know the power is out, the cabling was probably also damaged and who knows if the computers controlling the system can even be booted up.

But the unsupportable theory that the cameras are up and working has evolved into a grand conspiracy involving Tepco, the Mossad and other nuclear PTB's throughout the world.

This issue of jumping to the most crowd pleasing if not extreme solutions and answers for every little issue that comes up is not going to be solved because the participants here want grand conspiracy theories and any other reasonable opinions are shouted down and ridiculed or the messenger gets the old "don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out".

Yes, the info posted here is good, but what people do with it is insane.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mrbillshow

A long time ago I use to believe in standardized training for certain things , with rules an policies and handbooks , the problem becomes one of identifiably, a pattern can be recognize behind an apparently impenetrable wall of screening noise simply because the handbook has a pattern so the noise is no longer important . It is the basic pattern behind any cryptography , when computers start self intelligently self encrypting communications we will never be ever to crack those codes .

Magma has clearly stated there is data on the server , data comes from cameras . But the simplest thing to do is for Tepco to address WHY they do not want to either release that data or get the cameras fixed or working ( if they are not ) , the cameras are there FOR EXACTLY THIS TYPE OF EVENTUALITY and they have had over a month to get absolutely critical systems back on line (again if they were broken)and clearly Magma is watching so why has Tepco asked not for it , and they still have other cameras that certainly are working , yet that data is largely verboten also.

You keep recycling (let's be honest regurgitating) the same bullet points yet have failed to do more than your offer your own supposition as 'proof' while at the same time condemning others for exactly the same thing and worse condemning them for supporting their supposition with facts ( which you simply conveniently ignore, and never address) ... I am explaining this logic as it seems you are the only one not really understanding how to get facts out of supposition , something everyone else here is doing , except you. You have become the handbook.

And let's be quite honest your posts are simply thinly and poorly veiled insults, as you said just the facts.

In the immortal words of the great robot detective D-12: " I require evidence, your supposition is not evidence "

troll chow yum

edit on 18-4-2011 by Silverlok because: ed damnit

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ALTERNATECH

Are you thinking that may per chance be the cap?

top topics

<< 739  740  741    743  744  745 >>

join