It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 736.htm
<< 733  734  735    737  738  739 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hack2011

I think the same thing happened to Redneck.

There's also non-disclosure fine print in contracts and security oaths.

We'll find out when he tells us.

edit on 17-4-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Communicater
reply to post by SamSeed

Somehow the handle I'm seeing on that big door does not appear to be something thats probably commonly found on doors that are electronically operated on opening and closing. But since those robots do not appear to have other functions besides cameras if the door is manually operated; who opened it?

It looks like there is a keypad with a ribbon cable on the door, plus a large red button (emergency, override, door bell? ;^) ) to the right of it. The handle looks like the type used on marine water tight doors. The door may be electrically operated with a manual override in case of loss of power.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Conspiracies about the lack of involvement of posters should be thread onto themselves.

I want to know what Japan plans on doing if this likely turns out to be a 2-15 year deal. And what happens if this destroyed reactor gets hit by another tsunami, or another huge quake?

What are their plans for dealing with this monster if it drops further down again? If it drops as far as it did in this earthquake/tsunami, these reactors will be covered by the ocean by a few feet.

They don't just need plans for the active management they are clearly planning on for the next 2-15 years - and I'd say ten, without some serious commitment from them....and they are clearly not committed. Clean Up isn't profitable. They also needs plans for how they are going to deal with this if during that time they end up with exactly the same disaster.

I'd also like to know why the government of Japan is not standing up for its people. They are clearly standing up for Tepco's lack-of-a-plan, and not for the well being of their people. That's a couple of hundred people vs. tens of millions of people. But the Japanese government seems to clearly be apologists for this company, when they should be concerned for the future of their people. That's their JOB.
edit on 2011/4/17 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Tworide

Exactly what I had in mind without saying it Tworide... a water tight door used on marine bulkheads.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Conspiracies about the lack of involvement of posters should be thread onto themselves.

I think there is a lot of people reading the thread, like myself, that do not post. I try to occasionally add something to the conversation, but a lot of people probably have a hard time keeping up with the flow and size of the thread.

I think that is why you get random people thanking you all for your contributions. We are all very grateful that we have people like you guys on ATS that go out of your way to inform people.

Keeping up with the thread is at least a part-time job.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Personally, I think Theredneck is still trying to catch up with 736 pages of bad news, from what ever point he left off.

And lets be honest, if you had to read a few hundred pages of tepco's mickey mouse antics, you wouldn't be drinking your coffee..... you'd be injecting it directly into your main artery!..... which may cause side effects, like keyboard cramps.

Hell, my reading limit is here is 2 pages per 6-8 hours, any more and dementia sets in.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Village Idiot

TextHell, my reading limit is here is 2 pages per 6-8 hours, any more and dementia sets in.

And all along I thought even my higher scan rate was slow lol...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Honestly, how long before they shut down the blog sites?

edit on 17-4-2011 by windwaker because: (no reason given)

It's called, rather euphemistically, “Protecting Cyberspace as a National Asset Act of 2010,”

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
You know Zorgon it's not like the Japanese dont have the capability or experience in building fantastic cyclopean subterranean structures that actually stagger the imagination :

To avoid floodings on typhoon season, the city of Saitama in Japan features an impressive storm sewer system. Its construction started in 1992, and its composed by giant concrete silos (65m tall, 32m wide) connected by 6.4km of underground tunnels 50m below the surface. It also has a giant tank: 25.4m tall, 177m long and 78 wide, with 59 concrete columns.

So why again are nuclear reactors not by law built in similar structures? ( oh yeah that would cost more , we can't have that what would the share holders say )

And that photo op has guys in the reflection so Tepco once again has some explaining to do frankly with all the radiation and the steel and concrete they might have to get pretty close to be able to operate remotely , but I don't think that temporary Plexiglas shield is going to do much to stop the loveable scamp gamma particles that came flying out of that door when it was opened. but don't worry it looks like optimus prime is already in there taking care of things ( hoorray )

.hhm what's that ? what do you mean optimus prime is both larger than that and not real? damn , ah well I guess my idea of robots is different from what we have to work with ...

And physicsalive, people are conditioned by the society they live in. This conditioning is often times confused with true human nature. The only true maxim I have on my list is that you can lead them to water but some will drown before they drink, so it depends on how much you care about your friend as to how hard have to work to get them to drink ( or not as the case may be ) . for any intelligent person the true is inescapable if viewed from the correct vantage point , if you can figure out the thrust of your pals social conditioning you may be able to better construct your arguments .

Also when dealing with couples DO NOT try altering their reality when they are formed up as a team , divide and persuade. If all else fails comb through this thread pick out all the facts you can about radiation , areasolization of nucleotides, wind patterns bio-uptakes ocean currents , etc, etc and print it out , you know on actual paper and give it to them ( or at least one of them , hehe) . Make it no less than 25 pages , my guess it that you will have a hard time keeping it under 40.

Then a strange thing will happen , Aeons is right humans have some monkey business in them , but that includes curiosity. The rubbernecking at a train wreck is something almost no human can resist . you can tell them to give it a read out of friend ship or you can play the ass ( acting is a skill ) and dare them to prove you wrong.

If they throw it away then you have done truly everything you could , remember though Sherlok would say , remove the truly impossible and what remains no matter how improbable is the truth, getting people to believe it is an art-form few can master
edit on 17-4-2011 by Silverlok because: what you s

edit on 17-4-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Village Idiot

TheRedneck was perhaps the most involved in this thread since the very first pages, of any of us. His posts dropped off suddenly, right after he made multiple posts regarding his theories that the corium had already made it down to the bedrock, and that the levels of certain radioactive isotopes being measured by GlobalDirt didn't make sense since certain ones were in high concentrations, but others weren't measured at all.

From his second to last post:

"Those three balls of corium are still putting out heat and radiation, even though they are sitting inside bedrock, and there is no known power on the planet that can stop them as long as they are in one big blob. A reactor uses rods that absorb the neutrons (control rods) sitting in between the fuel rods to control the reaction. That won't work when the whole mess melts into a puddle."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

His last post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hope you are OK Redneck - it seems rather unnerving that these would be your last posts. I hope you have not been threatened by whatever powers that be (maybe I should be scared too
)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Four winds, you are not reading what is written correctly; the statement is about the spent fuel rod storage pool at the facility, not the spent fuel pools in any of the reactor buildings; it is a separate facility not connected to or in any of the reactor buildings; the bad part is that there are a butt load of long term storage fuel assemblies in that pool.

seeker

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

TextYou know Zorgon it's not like the Japanese dont have the capability or experience in building fantastic cyclopean subterranean structures that actually stagger the imagination :

It would be interesting to see what the opening to their subterranean "drainage system" looks like.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Friends, I have been in contact with our missing friend the Redneck; the only details I can share are that he will be absent for some time; that he is proud of this thread and all that are participating in this effort to find answers and to deny ignorance.

Back on topic:

I doubt that anything as awesome as a stargate lies hidden beneath the fukushiama site; however, since it is now coming to light that, indeed, there have been excavations under at least one if not two of the containments for decon equiptment in the past, that might help answer Zorgon's question as to where part of the water has been going to...

considering nothing was known here about these facilities until the last several pages...

seeker

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by vox2442
Not really sure what you're expecting here. A timeline has been established for the next six to nine months. Were you expecting specific dates for people to be allowed to move in?

No I was expecting them to say that they won't be able to move in for years if at all. There is no way they will be able to decontaminate all that land in 6-9 months...

What they (the government) have said is that they will make a decision after the 6-9 months it takes for TEPCO to complete their plan.

That doesn't mean they will be able to move back in 6 months. It means they will have to wait 6 months to hear when they can move in.

Caught the news this morning, Edano has said that the government will take full responsibility for supporting those displaced by the accident. The details haven't been released yet, but it sounds like they're looking at a combination of wage reimbursement, family support and business grants. Property damage was mentioned. No English link at the moment, but I'm sure one will crop up before too long.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Attempting to stay on topic; I wonder if there is any correlation to several recent earthquakes at zero depth northwest of Tonopah Nevada? to Fukushima Dai'ichi?

MAP 2.8 2011/04/17 20:24:59 38.400 -118.739 0.0 NEVADA

I was never a seismology major, so I'm wondering if anyone knows?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

I want to know what Japan plans on doing if this likely turns out to be a 2-15 year deal. And what happens if this destroyed reactor gets hit by another tsunami, or another huge quake?

edit on 2011/4/17 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

How about in a few months Japan will be in the Typhoon season. Are they going to be secure enough from flooding rains washing out those open structures, spreading radiation? Or the winds, which will be onshore, blowing the still leaking radiation willy nilly. They have been very lucky with the prevailing wind being offshore so far.
Japan has a lot of Mother Natures bullets to dodge before there is any semblance of control of those reactors.

www.accuweather.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This is good to hear, I guess Redneck was recruited and have to stay silent. Earlier, I mentioned those 2 GLP posters being silenced, but I forgot to say they might have been contacted to be recruited for help. Guess it is good that they are recruiting knowledgeable people to help.

Originally posted by the seeker_713g
Friends, I have been in contact with our missing friend the Redneck; the only details I can share are that he will be absent for some time; that he is proud of this thread and all that are participating in this effort to find answers and to deny ignorance.

Back on topic:

I doubt that anything as awesome as a stargate lies hidden beneath the fukushiama site; however, since it is now coming to light that, indeed, there have been excavations under at least one if not two of the containments for decon equiptment in the past, that might help answer Zorgon's question as to where part of the water has been going to...

considering nothing was known here about these facilities until the last several pages...

seeker

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by vox2442
Not really sure what you're expecting here. A timeline has been established for the next six to nine months. Were you expecting specific dates for people to be allowed to move in?

No I was expecting them to say that they won't be able to move in for years if at all. There is no way they will be able to decontaminate all that land in 6-9 months...

I agree. They are only laying out the best-case scenarios. Has nothing to do with reality. They are telling people what they want to hear. But in the end, reality always wins.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Robots Enter Fukushima Reactor Buildings

jen.jiji.com/jc/eng?g=eco&k=2011041800007

Tokyo, April 17 (Jiji Press)--Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Sunday that two U.S.-made remote-control robots have entered the buildings of the No. 1 and No. 3 reactors of its crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant and checked radiation levels, temperatures, humidity and oxygen density.
The company will announce on Monday or later results of its analysis of data collected by the PackBots of iRobot Corp. of the United States. One was used for the measurement and the other for the surveillance of the internal situation of the reactors.

(...)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
A friend on another site mentioned that radiation in the presence of sodium (salt water) is non-depleting; apparently its levels are never reduced, unless that statement was incorrect. I'm no radiation expert, but I thought I'd pass that on if its of any use.

new topics

<< 733  734  735    737  738  739 >>

join