It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 715.htm
<< 712  713  714    716  717  718 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I know my dog would die in an attempt to protect me or any part of her pack. It's her nature. I don't know if I could do the same for her as I also have children I am responsible for. I would not abandon her. She is a feral rescue.

I think that for those of us who are hurting for the animals that are left to suffer in the wake of human destruction, we need to look and see that a part of Japan will have to be returned to nature and in time it is nature that will benefit from our own lack of concern.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Oh Redneck Redneck where can you be, Your not here to post about the events across the sea. Since your not here to post, this thread is toast. We all hope your fine, if not taste the Shine, But don't drink to much or you can go blind. We all think your awesome, But don't eat to much pa-some, So where ever you are or where ever you maybe please remember us ATS your extended family... FROM Rancher Pocamp way in the mountains of Colorado..

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Hey it looks like that radioactive water TOPECO dumped wasn't so bad after all.

Radioactivity in water dumped from Fukushima plant lower than thought

The release of contaminated water sparked concern among such countries as China, South Korea and Russia over the possible impact on marine life and the environment, with Seoul complaining that it had not been notified in advance.

TEPCO dismissed the view that its latest release of contaminated water could pose an immediate risk to health, saying the level of radiation a person would be exposed to by eating seafood caught in nearby waters every day for a year would amount to 0.6 millisievert, which is still lower than the annual exposure limit of 1 millisievert for ordinary people.

But the water release angered local fishermen. TEPCO, which reported the findings to fisheries cooperatives in Fukushima and Ibaraki prefectures on Friday, said it was strongly warned by cooperative officials not to repeat the intentional dumping.
LINK

TOPECO should not be in charge as there is a conflict of interest here. IMHO

edit on 15-4-2011 by AlaskanDad because: changed paragraph formating

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Latest video of Reactor 4 - taken 14 April 2011

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaExray

It is not necessary to tackle the 700 pages unless you are interested in historical reference (And that can come later)

One only needs to follow the current pages as new info comes in

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Germany to speed nuclear energy exit
On Friday April 15, 2011, 1:13 pm EDT

finance.yahoo.com/news/Germany-to-speed-nuclear-apf-1875938197.html

BERLIN (AP) -- Chancellor Angela Merkel's government says Germany will replace its reliance on nuclear power by increasing renewable energy sources after Japan's Fukushima disaster.

Merkel told reporters that a bill on the overhaul of the energy sector would go before parliament by mid-June. The plan foresees an expansion of the electric grid, investment in renewable energy sources and increased efficiency.

(...)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshow
I believe the most recent report says it has not reached it's previous level yet, but is close.

Well you are free to 'believe' anything you want...
Me I prefer to read what little reports we do get and take that info

TEPCO monitoring wastewater at No.2 reactor

Tokyo Electric Power Company says the level of radioactive water is increasing in a tunnel at the No.2 reactor at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.

The large amount of contaminated water in basements and tunnels is hampering operations to restore the plant's cooling systems.

On Wednesday, TEPCO finished transferring some of the wastewater -- about 660 tons -- from the No.2 reactor tunnel to a condenser in a turbine building.

It says the water level in the tunnel dropped 8 centimeters after the transfer, but had returned to its previous level by Friday morning.
Earlier this month, TEPCO found highly radioactive water leaking into the sea from a pit near the No.2 reactor.

The utility suspects that plugging the leak has trapped radioactive water from the No.2 reactor in the tunnel.

TEPCO says there are at least 50,000 tons of contaminated water at the plant. It will use a waste-processing facility, makeshift storage tanks and a floating tank to store the radioactive water.

The company is also preparing for a possible shutdown of external power sources, as major aftershocks continue. It plans to finish moving emergency diesel power generators to higher ground on Friday to protect them from tsunami.

Friday, April 15, 2011 12:18 +0900 (JST)

www3.nhk.or.jp...

But heck... what do I know? I is just a freak

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AlaskanDad

RIA Novosti article adds to Kyodo, about zeolite bags.

TEPCO begins dumping radiation-absorbent bags into sea

en.rian.ru/news/20110415/163539117.html

10:08 15/04/2011

Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO), the operator of Japan's crippled Fukushima 1 Nuclear Power Plant, began dumping bags with zeolites which are able to absorb radioactive substances into the sea, Kyodo news agency reported on Friday.

Bags were also dumped into the drainage system of the second and third power blocks.

Zeolites are microporous, aluminosilicate minerals commonly used as commercial adsorbents.

(...)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Today's pics of fukushima from cryptome

Photo release 08 Fukushima

Not much of interest but does contain photos taken from a detailed video I have seen taken from the drone and crane on the 14 April. The latest video of reactor 4 also has extracts from this video.

So far I cant find the full video on a public site such as Youtube but will keep looking.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

Of course they aren't going to tell us what kind of zeolites. Zeolites have different porosity measurements and that sorted porosity can be tweaked for different substances. One can use the zeolites to strip the water out of alcohol in an inert atmosphere to distill it to a rather high potency (otherwise you need to use a venturi tube and a classical still setup). One can do the same with corn husks, although only because they have porosity of a specific size that has affinity to water --> corn husks wouldn't work very well for the heavy metals and other materials, plus we have no clue what radiation does to these things maybe they turn into dust after a while and thus will help for a bit and then release everything in one massive expiration? It is called an azeotropic still. Such a still was discovered a long time ago, fresh whiskey from the corn silo (remember the corn husks?)

Liars love leaving out details I would love to see what the caveat is to their bumbling plan, and TEPCO has a problem that even the most minute detail gets picked apart, so of course they haven't terribly much to say about the substance other than calling it "zeolites".

Well what class of zeolites? People aren't stupid and intentionally leaving details out is considered by most people to be lying as well. It is in my books; and I don't expect them to have any better answer than this --> I dare someone call them and ask find out if there is another answer I bet you there won't be. Are these optimized for use with plutonium, strontium, ceasium, iodine and other substances which are being emitted from fukushima? Or are they just general, unsorted zeolites (My money is on this being the case).

This effort is laughable. If the facts were on the table these people wouldn't beable to hide the sheer and utter incompetency they all suffer.
edit on 15-4-2011 by TheLastStand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bitbytebit
the reality is people on this thread don't know as much as people living in the situation.

You obviously haven't been listening to the human interest stories on NHK to find out what the people living there do and do not know. They are more frustrated than we are trying to get information about the situation and are NOT getting straight answers. You keep using the term 'fear mongering' here in this thread. Quite frankly... your full of it

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by imlite

In your photo's I see some things and don't have talent that some of you have --- I'll start with the second to the last photo - looks like the pool is now a pool of melt-olium. Picture nine - those green things in the backround appear to be the same shape as the "sand bags" that were under the tarps. Picture 11 - those blue things have the shape of another image of "sand bags" under a tarp. What are they?

The Photos

edit on 15-4-2011 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rancher1
, this thread is toast.

great to know
now I can get back to something important, like mowing the lawn

I hear Redneck was abducted by Ninjas hired by TEPCO and they plan to pick his brain... just a rumor though, unconfirmed so far

edit on 15-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

They are using that special TEPCO math that requires the decoder ring.. the math that uses a value of ZERO for all the other leaked water on top of what they dumped. Its not like its cumulative or anything

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Cleanup Lessons from TMI for Fukushima? (Three Mile Island)

A July 17, 1979, article from the Washington Post reported that a study by the Bechtel Corporation estimated it would cost $405 million (with $25 million added for uncertainties) and take 4 years—until June 1983—to clean up after the incident and restart the reactor. This cost estimate corresponds to roughly $1 billion in 2011 dollars.

In fact, it took 11 years and 1 month to clean up the mess and NOT return the reactor to operation. And it cost twice as much not to restart the reactor as Bechtel thought it would cost to restart it.

The TMI accident affected a single reactor. The Fukushima crisis seriously affected 3 reactors and 4 spent fuel pools. The amount of damaged fuel at Fukushima may be greater than the total amount of fuel damaged in all previous nuclear accidents combined.

Methinks Fukushima cleanup may take awhile.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon,

bts thanks you for the updates! Your posts are like no other,
I for one greatly appreciate them!

I look here on this thread first thing in the morning to find the news!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

emergency LHC building! I mean cmon that is about the same scale challenge being thrown out there (excluding careful instrumentation). Maybe the engineers that made that plant can engineer some plans for a fix (on second thought, we know what good engineering went into the plant in the first place, perhaps not, I was just kidding it would be a nightmare). Hopefully the concrete they buy isn't made in China as I haven't had any luck getting anything made in that country that stays functional and intact for any longer than a year or two.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Following the classification of the Fukushima nuclear power plant disaster as a Level 7 accident on the international scale, the most severe, the Korea Food and Drug Administration is asking the Japanese government to provide a safety certificate for food products manufactured in 13 regions near the crippled nuclear complex.

Since it takes about four weeks until the necessary safety inspections are made, the measure is an effective ban on food imports from those regions.

Food products from Fukushima, Ibaraki, Tochigi, Gunma and Chiba prefectures have already been temporarily banned, while eight more prefectures -- Miyagi, Yamagata, Niigata, Nagano, Saitama, Kanagawa, Shizuoka and Tokyo-to -- have been added to the list of regions that need to submit safety clearance documents.

The government also set an iodine content limit of 100㏃ per kg for food products for children aged between 0 to 6.

Korea Bans Import of Food from 13 Japanese Regions

Somebody should notify WHO, just yesterday, they said the food was safe.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

They are using that special TEPCO math that requires the decoder ring.. the math that uses a value of ZERO for all the other leaked water on top of what they dumped. Its not like its cumulative or anything

I heard the TOPECO secret decoder rings...

are available at...

Disney World...

Just ask for Mickey...

and tell him Pluto sent you.

top topics

<< 712  713  714    716  717  718 >>

join