It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 704.htm
<< 701  702  703    705  706  707 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
If only the U.S. would implement the same protocol.

04-14-2011 19:32
Ban on Japanese food broadened

By Park Si-soo

South Korea will virtually suspend importing agricultural products from areas near the quake-crippled nuclear plant in Fukushima, Japan, from next month, a state food regulator said Thursday.

It also set a new rule banning the import of baby food containing more than 100 becquerel of radioactive iodine 131 per kilogram.

From next month, the Korea Food and Drug Administration (KFDA) will require the Japanese government to provide certificates showing agricultural products harvested in 13 regions in the plant’s vicinity are safe.

The measures came two days after Japan raised its assessment of the unfolding nuclear crisis to the worst level, equivalent to the 1986 Chernobyl disaster. The alert level leaping to 7 from 5 on the international nuclear disaster scale is viewed as Japan’s acknowledgment that the human and environmental consequences of the radiation leak could be dire and long-lasting. Once either of the two poisonous materials is detected, importers are mandated to conduct an additional check of whether the products contain plutonium and strontium that pose greater health risks.

The measure is widely viewed as a suspension of food imports from much of the areas contaminated to dangerous levels.

www.koreatimes.co.kr...

Des

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok
reply to post by OuttaHere

fubarium is at the little number 4 your (the black?)arrow requires a new name the red one is a hot spot that is still under analysis
edit on 13-4-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

Got a new name Kan-dle lights.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mrbillshow

Ahhh...Mr. Bill, no one is forcing you to read, or post in this thread. There is no, to my knowledge, "test" that must be passed to be a contributor to this thread. Your expectations are unreasonable, really. It is the varied "mix" of ideas, and personalities, that keep minds keen on digging for "truth" Sorry if some of the paths to that truth, don't resonate with you.
But, I find it unkind of you to label the contributors here as goofy, and other derogatory labels.

Maybe you should start your own thread here in the forum. Then you could set YOUR guidelines for posting in it.

Just saying...

Des

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by be4peace
Has anyone noticed that radiationnetwork.com has only been showing a report from Arizona? Nothing else is showing on the map. Been that way for 3 hours now.

radiationnetwork.com

I don't know how to put in a picture I saved.

Network down - Boy, you are an alert group! Many of you sent emails about our Network being down this morning. We were doing some routine server maintenance, and were offline for a few minutes. It was early morning here in Arizona, just 4:00 A.M. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for the notice.

from Message.htm

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Great video. Everyone's tax dollars hard at work.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshow

Originally posted by NoAngel2u

Uncalled for and harsh assessment.
D you expect everyone to make you happy with robotic and emotionless reporting of straight facts and data?

It's a tough and emotional subject that posters have been spending a great deal of time immersed in researching, reporting and reading AND there has been a great deal more self control than lack thereof in posting emotional rants, commentary and far out speculations.

Much gratitude to all involved for their dedication to gathering an presenting this information and being human

edit on 4/13/1111 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

No, but conspiracy mongering only mucks up the thread and makes it look goofy.

For instance, the barge in the middle of bay. A week or so ago one press/media report stated workers were filling sand bags because they were going to reinforce the breakwater. To me this indicated they were probably going to attempt to close it off at a narrow juncture in an effort to keep radiated seawater from entering to the outside. I thought it was a pretty good idea. So now we have pics of a barge loaded with sandbags covered by white tarps and a crane to lower them into place. Pretty simple explanation. But on this thread it has become a gigantic conspiracy to hide equipment from a mysterious and hidden weapons program by dumping them in the bay.

You mean these pictures?

Link

You're going to tell me that you think those tarps are covering sandbags?

ETA: Not that I am purporting to say that there is a weapons program in place, but I really don't see how those items covered by tarps in the referenced pictures could be considered to be sandbags in any way shape or form.
edit on 14-4-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: additional thoughts

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I have a variation on the small drilled borehole solution.

Drill the borehole. But after that, use Bug Robots as scavengers. Equip with small drills or something that will allow them to take a tiny sample.

Program the bugs to move in, proceded straight to the corium/poolium. Scavenge a tiny amount. Drop it in the "hole" for retrieval. Their next tasks is to move away from the area to die as far away as possible for the corium, the hole, and the entry way.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

D you expect everyone to make you happy with robotic and emotionless reporting of straight facts and data?

It's a tough and emotional subject that posters have been spending a great deal of time immersed in researching, reporting and reading AND there has been a great deal more self control than lack thereof in posting emotional rants, commentary and far out speculations.

Much gratitude to all involved for their dedication to gathering an presenting this information and being human

For instance, the barge in the middle of bay. A week or so ago one press/media report stated workers were filling sand bags because they were going to reinforce the breakwater. To me this indicated they were probably going to attempt to close it off at a narrow juncture in an effort to keep radiated seawater from entering to the outside. I thought it was a pretty good idea. So now we have pics of a barge loaded with sandbags covered by white tarps and a crane to lower them into place. Pretty simple explanation. But on this thread it has become a gigantic conspiracy to hide equipment from a mysterious and hidden weapons program by dumping them in the bay.

How on earth do you see sandbags under those tarps, I've never seen a sandbag with a sharp rectangular edge to it, and why would they be covering sandbags with a tarp anyway ? to keep them from getting wet

You'll have to try again with that one and guess something a little more plausible

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

TOKYO, April 14 (AP): Japan's revered emperor made his first trip Thursday to the disaster zone since the March 11 earthquake and tsunami destroyed much of the northeast coast and set off a crisis of radiation leaks at a flooded nuclear plant. Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko visited two evacuation shelters Thursday in Asahi city, about 86 kilometers (54 miles) east of Tokyo near the Pacific coast.

The royal couple knelt on mats and spoke quietly with evacuees, who bowed deeply. Some wiped tears from their eyes.

Source

JustMike, if you're around, do you have any insight as to what this could be mean?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mendel101

reply to post by JackBauer

The was reported to be no fuel in the core , but the hot and not so hot ( waste rods ) were stored in the pool around and near the top of the reactor.

From all evidence Tepco does not like the attention the idea of 1535 fuel rods turning into smoke and blowing away is attracting ( from the Areva report , their assessment is : dry pool likely all rods aerated or gone) especially as it seems to be prompting Stronium detection far from the plant .

They have suddenly become vocal after about two weeks of relative secrecy , and started spewing 'stuff' about #4
here is the offical statement

it is as pure a snake oil as you will every see :

Some

of the spent nuclear fuel rods stored in the No. 4 reactor building of the crisis-hit Fukushima Daiichi power plant were confirmed to be damaged, but most of them

are believed to be

in sound condition, ..... its analysis of a 400-milliliter water sample taken Tuesday from the No. 4 unit's spent nuclear fuel pool revealed the damage to

some fuel rods

in such a pool for the first time,.....,

had all of its 1,331 spent fuel rods and 204 unused fuel rods stored in the pool for the maintenance work and the fuel was feared to have sustained damage from overheating.

The cooling period for 548 of the 1,331 rods was shorter than that for others and the volume of

decay heat

emitted from the fuel in the No. 4 unit pool is larger compared with pools at other reactor buildings. ... The government's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency said the confirmed radioactive materials were up to 100,000 times higher than normal but that the higher readings may have also been caused by the pouring of rainwater containing much radioactivity or particles of

radiation-emitting rubble in the pool.

they do not say this is a current condition , they do not say HOW they got a sample of water from a radioactive source 100,000 times normal, they only admit to
"revealing.....for the first time"

not that it happened today or yesteday

they forget to mention that there should NOT be decay heat as if the reactor was just scrammed ( no to say there would be no heat but they are deliberately stretching a term that is not exactly informative in this circumstance )

and in the end some truth "radiation emitting rubble in the pool"

edit on 13-4-2011 by Silverlok because: you see when the backs into the corner it appears to get larger..trickery trickery

As I remember, after reactor building 4 exploded they first cooled down the reactor 4 spend fuel pool with sea water. Now they are topping it up with sweet water. Sea water and fresh water don't mix very well and the fresh water, being lighter, floats on top. My guess is that the highly contaminated salt water was not sampled, only the relatively uncontaminated sweet water upper layer.

In other words, the 400 cc sample may not be a representative water sample. Therefore statements about the intactness of the rods are shakey.

Mendel.

Edit: source of news article stating they intend to replace sea water with fresh water dated March 25.

edit on 14-4-2011 by mendel101 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2011 by mendel101 because: typos

Assuming much of the radiation is coming from the fission of fuel rods that melted when the water level dropped I would guess the water at the top of the reactor to be more radiated then that at the bottom.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Procharmo
reply to post by hack2011

I did say exactly that way back on the 12th or 13th. I couldn't find the source but distinctly remember reading and article saying MOX rods are typically used in 1/3 of a core.

The Japanese in corporation with AREVA were looking at 50% MOX reactors and even considering 100% MOX reactors.

Unfortunately when I try to find the source I only find my own posts on this and other forums!

It has been stated the only MOX fuel (at 33%) was in #3. Is there any evidence of it being used in other reactors?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mendel101

reply to post by JackBauer

The was reported to be no fuel in the core , but the hot and not so hot ( waste rods ) were stored in the pool around and near the top of the reactor.

From all evidence Tepco does not like the attention the idea of 1535 fuel rods turning into smoke and blowing away is attracting ( from the Areva report , their assessment is : dry pool likely all rods aerated or gone) especially as it seems to be prompting Stronium detection far from the plant .

They have suddenly become vocal after about two weeks of relative secrecy , and started spewing 'stuff' about #4
here is the offical statement

it is as pure a snake oil as you will every see :

Some

of the spent nuclear fuel rods stored in the No. 4 reactor building of the crisis-hit Fukushima Daiichi power plant were confirmed to be damaged, but most of them

are believed to be

in sound condition, ..... its analysis of a 400-milliliter water sample taken Tuesday from the No. 4 unit's spent nuclear fuel pool revealed the damage to

some fuel rods

in such a pool for the first time,.....,

had all of its 1,331 spent fuel rods and 204 unused fuel rods stored in the pool for the maintenance work and the fuel was feared to have sustained damage from overheating.

The cooling period for 548 of the 1,331 rods was shorter than that for others and the volume of

decay heat

emitted from the fuel in the No. 4 unit pool is larger compared with pools at other reactor buildings. ... The government's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency said the confirmed radioactive materials were up to 100,000 times higher than normal but that the higher readings may have also been caused by the pouring of rainwater containing much radioactivity or particles of

radiation-emitting rubble in the pool.

they do not say this is a current condition , they do not say HOW they got a sample of water from a radioactive source 100,000 times normal, they only admit to
"revealing.....for the first time"

not that it happened today or yesteday

they forget to mention that there should NOT be decay heat as if the reactor was just scrammed ( no to say there would be no heat but they are deliberately stretching a term that is not exactly informative in this circumstance )

and in the end some truth "radiation emitting rubble in the pool"

edit on 13-4-2011 by Silverlok because: you see when the backs into the corner it appears to get larger..trickery trickery

As I remember, after reactor building 4 exploded they first cooled down the reactor 4 spend fuel pool with sea water. Now they are topping it up with sweet water. Sea water and fresh water don't mix very well and the fresh water, being lighter, floats on top. My guess is that the highly contaminated salt water was not sampled, only the relatively uncontaminated sweet water upper layer.

In other words, the 400 cc sample may not be a representative water sample. Therefore statements about the intactness of the rods are shakey.

Mendel.

Edit: source of news article stating they intend to replace sea water with fresh water dated March 25.

edit on 14-4-2011 by mendel101 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2011 by mendel101 because: typos

Assuming much of the radiation is coming from the fission of fuel rods that melted when the water level dropped I would guess the water at the top of the reactor to be more radiated then that at the bottom.

The rods that are stored in the racks indicated in the photo below which are EXPOSED TO THE ATMOSPHERE and uncovered by water?

I'm still not seeing how this structure can hold water.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

well show me a picture of a sandbag on the barge??
if you go back and read the reports the sand bags were used to block a ditch on ground...sand bags would not be used in the ocean.... and again... show me a crane on the barge with the white tarps???

the barge with the crane is not the barges we have been talking about...

show me a sand bag that has flat edges and a wooden bottom

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Hi J&C,

thanks for linking to that report. I've got a few ideas about this but I'll check around for any other reports and see if any include more details of what the Royal Couple might have said -- if anything much was reported on that score.

Meantime I can only observe that some days ago, the Royal Couple made a visit to evacuees who were in a center in Tokyo, and after the big quake in Kobe (1995) they visited some survivors in hospital. So, such visits are not unprecedented.

I'll post on the subject again later if I find anything that could add to this, but for now the primary message is one of moral support and showing the people that the Emperor is aware of their plight. (That is always significant and much appreciated by the Japanese people.)

Mike

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Ahhh...Mr. Bill, no one is forcing you to read, or post in this thread. There is no, to my knowledge, "test" that must be passed to be a contributor to this thread. Your expectations are unreasonable, really. It is the varied "mix" of ideas, and personalities, that keep minds keen on digging for "truth" Sorry if some of the paths to that truth, don't resonate with you.
But, I find it unkind of you to label the contributors here as goofy, and other derogatory labels.

Maybe you should start your own thread here in the forum. Then you could set YOUR guidelines for posting in it.

Just saying...

Des

I haven't called anyone out by name, just mentioned that certain posts make the thread look less than serious. The good posters who work so hard posting relevant and important information should be concerned as the goofy posts and ad hominem anti-establishment rants makes the whole thread look amatuerish.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

It's good scientific practice to try to interpret data in the most thought-provoking and original way, and then try to find arguments to torpedo that. If you never think out of the box you'll never going to discover anything new. So I think this thread is a great discovery machine with evidence, speculation, new hypothesis and torpedoing by peers.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical

You mean these pictures?

Link

You're going to tell me that you think those tarps are covering sandbags?

ETA: Not that I am purporting to say that there is a weapons program in place, but I really don't see how those items covered by tarps in the referenced pictures could be considered to be sandbags in any way shape or form.
edit on 14-4-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: additional thoughts

I don't see any tarps at all in that picture.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I don't see any tarps at all in that picture.

did you bother to scroll down past the top photo??

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Due to a lack of transparency by the MSM, the amateurs here are forced to sift through available information to glean clues to the real story. Part of brainstorming always means some of the ideas do not hold water but that is part of the process. This forum is a place to bounce ideas off each other, and where we should not have to agree with each opinion as long as we allow others the right to voice their questions, ideas and concerns.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowbeard

How on earth do you see sandbags under those tarps, I've never seen a sandbag with a sharp rectangular edge to it, and why would they be covering sandbags with a tarp anyway ? to keep them from getting wet

You'll have to try again with that one and guess something a little more plausible

If they are making sandbags it would make sense to cover them since if they get wet it could double the weight making them much more difficult to handle.

This tarp debate is red herring, we don't know what was under those tarps, it could be sandbags, nuclear weapons producing equipment or Hello Kitty dolls. My point was a press release stated they were filling sandbags to reinforce the breakweater and now we have a barge with a crane in the middle of the bay...but it's not sealing off the radioactive inner bay, the most reasonable, simple and logical conclusion, it's an attempt to hide top secret and illegal activities by Tepco.

Sometimes this thread needs a little Joe Friday..."just the facts 'mam."

new topics

top topics

<< 701  702  703    705  706  707 >>

join