It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 701.htm
<< 698  699  700    702  703  704 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I think those barges with white covers were actually carrying mox fuel rods. Earlier they said only reactor 3 was using mox fuel, but then I read somewhere that the reactor 3 spent fuel pool had mox fuel too? I think they were planning to use mox fuel in reactor 4, so pool 4 should be carrying mox fuel. However, I think they removed most of the mox fuel already doing the barges at night?

I think someone recruited or contacted The Redneck. Earlier on GLP, I noticed some people saying "PUTUP or SHUTUP", and these people probably contacted The Redneck.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I've been digging through a PDF i have pertaining to Mark III BWR reactors, and i came across this bit of information.

The ultimate pressure capacity of the containment is 23.9 psi, which is about 59% higher than the design pressure. Under the ultimate pressure condition, cracks are likely to occur near the apex of the dome, the conjunction of dome and cylinder, and the mid-cylinder location where the thickness changes abruptly.

Granted we are dealing with a Mark I reactor, i doubt the pressure threshold would be much different. With a pressure of 145 psi i'm wondering how this is even possible?
edit on 4/14/2011 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackBauer
I've been digging through a PDF i have pertaining to Mark III BWR reactors, and i came across this bit of information.

The ultimate pressure capacity of the containment is 23.9 psi, which is about 59% higher than the design pressure. Under the ultimate pressure condition, cracks are likely to occur near the apex of the dome, the conjunction of dome and cylinder, and the mid-cylinder location where the thickness changes abruptly.

Granted we are dealing with a Mark I reactor, i doubt the pressure threshold would be much different. With a pressure of 145 psi i'm wondering how this is even possible?
edit on 4/14/2011 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

yep lots of difference, try only 71psi for the mark one,it's a fact

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

I believe those reddish things are I beams. Kind of hard to tell with that resolution but I'll put a good 90% probability on that assessment.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

so in other words your saying...standing next to it would not be a good place to be right?

anyone watching earthquake reports for the area? If it goes, I bet it will show up as a quake before we hear about it.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
They tried to hide Arnies latest...
Arnie Gunderson The Real Fukushima Information

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
700 pages of being on the cutting edge, of proving the naysayers and plants that a community driven effort could indeed have all it takes to take this hijacked ship from them, and finally have a chance at choosing our own futures instead of letting those sad buffoons drive this thing off a radioactive cliff with us in the backseat smelling our own farts!
go figure!

It was agreed this thread has proof, they have been lying to us, they are covering the disaster with a trickle of lies and an irrational lack of imagination at solving the process of decay and irradiation throughout the land of the rising sun.

Of course it can be argued that this is the price we pay for playing with forces never in our control, all forces are but one chaotic incomprehensible, you may prepare for this thing here, but you wont even see this coming, and if you DID, then what are you going to do about it?

We can only hope to be prepared for the things yet to come, and hopefully realize by then that no matter the infrastructure or the class of the price of the commodities owned, there is no messing around with the chaotic nature of the fractal architecture of material and immaterial existence, the matter is the energy, that must pay the price of having what it has, and taking what we have taken, from nature and from us, when human piety, and unhealthy detachment becomes the norm towards external suffering then we have been sadly mislead into the darkest of paths.

We can turn this around, things wont be the same, the few who really realize the ecological, sociological, and economical impact this will have at least on the whole northern hemisphere can just try to live life as if there was no tomorrow, when actually there never ever was, safety is just an idea to keep us comfy at nights amidst the forces of death and creation.

Cheer up everyone, the best is always the best to come!!!

make every day do as if it were...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Hey everyone,
Just catching up...this looks serious!

Pressure at fukushima reactor vessel 1 at around 10bars (quite a lot) and risingBreaking News

Hmmm TEPCO announced earlier that there was NO pressure as they were injecting nitrogen, so they figured the reactor was cracked

Odd that

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

I'm watching overhead satellite views of each strike...so far 999 since this started 34 days ago, as of just under an hour ago.

edit on 14-4-2011 by Communicater because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

BINGO- we have a winner!

Those flanges unseal at 71 psi so how the heck is it running twice that? I honestly have no answer for that- not even speculation.

ETA: #1 pancaked- maybe the weight of the roof is preventing the lid from lifting and offgassing, keeping the RPV above the 71 psi fail limit?
edit on 14-4-2011 by SFA437 because: Flash of inspiration

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Been poring over those IR photos until my eyeballs turned crunchy and I think those "hotspots" we're pointing out are melted fuel rods.

Granted the thermal image has been colorized and values for temps can be assigned by those who put the photos out for consumption (which is an issue I had with the first batch that came out) but I'm pretty darn sure that is what we are looking at there.

If it were a SFR pool the temps would be fairly even across the breadth of the containment pond which is not the case here. The little glowing bits to the right also appear to be pockets of poolium IMO.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

yes look for little dots ( scale ) or hot spots around little dots (of "cool") perfect small cylinders mean criticality /chain reaction size equals time. now , do you need some progs to otho or no?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Communicater
They tried to hide Arnies latest...
Arnie Gunderson The Real Fukushima Information

www.youtube.com...

How did they try to hide it? I viewed it here on the Fairewinds website earlier today.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by NoAngel2u

Google masks them; only when you go through all the pages and it asks you if you want to see duplicates, then you can see whats really there.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

oh yeah that temp problem seems to be a HI-tech thing, the sensitivity changes based on the highest temp...? interesting, plausible, not built from this end of things...(ah politics) , I am building cartoon but size and color adjustment are clear impediments...but still even doctored fish-able
(btw thanks I owe you one )
edit on 14-4-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by Destinyone

10 Bar = 145.038 PSI.

Given the massive size of these vessels, that is a hell of a lot of pressure. Especially if it is water pressure.

Found this graph on the same site, and another one listed below first one. Maybe you can make heads or tails of them.

And numbers chart.

Des

Well, this spreadsheet is for internal consumption of the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency & Ministry of Economy, Trade & Industry, it's on a secure server that they didn't password protect the files. I don't know how long this link will be available!

A rough transliteration of the spread sheet column headings: a=date, b=atomic furnace level A (mm), c=nuclear reactor water level B (mm), d=atomic furnace pressure force A(Mpa g), e=atomic furnace pressure force B (Mpa g), f=pressure vessel water temp (ºC), g=lower pressure vessel temp (ºC), h=DW (Mpa abs), i=SC (Mpa abs), j=DW CAMS (Sv/h), k=SC CAMS (Sv/h)

On the bottom of the spreadsheet are selection boxes, starting from the left, clicking the first box gives you the spreadsheet for the reactor selected from 3/15, the second box gives you a chart of pressure force A&B, the third box is a chart of pressure vessel water temp upper & lower, the forth box will give you a spreadsheet of readings from ~3/15. The left right arrows on the bottom will scroll the bottom boxes to the next reactor, using the same sequence for the display. Reactors 1,2,3,5,6 are on this spread sheet. 4 is not there!
Have fun!
Oh, and thank Masato-san for posting all this info, his twitter address is on the spreadsheet!
edit on 14-4-2011 by Tworide because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2011 by Tworide because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2011 by Tworide because: spelling

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I've spotted a few of them and looking for more although I'm east coast and about to pass out.

Size, alignment and placing in reactor building is definitive for SFR pool (those spots within the building anyway). IMO there is no way in hell that pool is stable even if it's filled with water. Recurring heat spikes indicates chugging or at best a water level drop exposing the tops of the rod assemblies.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by maria81 But these isotopes can of course be removed from water containing them.

Yes they can... and that is why Fukushima has a treatment plant on site just for that...

However (to quote a well used TEPCO word) that plant was full to capacity and takes TIME to clean the water before releasing it. But TEPCO just dumped 10,000 tons of the 30,000 tons capacity into the sea (containing low levels, only 500 times higher) to make room for the highly contaminated water in the buildings

So yeah they can clean it, but not that quickly or that much volume

That sounds interesting, because it works the other way too... you can produce heavy water with this enrichment plant to produce weapon-grade plutonium in another type of reactor. Could it be that it was this what they tried to hide?

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Its a real shame they never had someone like Tom Bearden build something for them for just this type of situation. Tom says he can render a ball of plutonium safe to handle in ten minutes with his equipment.
His site explains his patent application...
www.cheniere.org...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Tworide

When I opened the documents there was one chart and one graph for unit 4.

top topics

<< 698  699  700    702  703  704 >>

join