It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 698.htm
<< 695  696  697    699  700  701 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

I wonder if Tepco has initiated a cyber counter-intelligence program that may have urged rednecks employer to gently ask him to refrain from the conversation ....pure speculation....

after some image fiddling I found some of the dark spots on four are reflective in a similar manner to the 'night clouds' so I suspect that certain ccd images can be filtered to look for it. As I have said I am not an imaging expert , this image was not false colored but generated based on trying to highlight 'dark' area's that may not be totally dark in that small frequency gap the ccd sees that we do not, do not try to guess at shapes because I doubt you will find anything but what is interesting is that certain dark area's of this photo did not enhance uniformly , but for now that is merely something interesting

the blue circles are very likely poolium falls ( or hot debris falls at best ) and the orange areas are the ones designated 'hot' by the recent Tepco releases...

frankly I see nothing that we didn't already know and I think they are hoping we will feed on doom and gloom and sensationalize, a relatively 'minor' ( here at fukushima , any other time in history this would have been major ) collection of fissionable (or fissioning) materials

the only thing I can see as possibly being over looked is if poolium is melting out from somewhere and possibly finding a body of water to steam explode with ...as I said before possibly working it's way into one of the containments where water is pooled , unless recent water ( rainfall, fire hose , etc ) found some poolium mass cracked the hell out of it and got it kicking again

I am not under any circumstance , due to the CO-INCIDENCE (as rare as clean money) ruling out some bone head play by Tepco , and do in fact suspect it
edit on 13-4-2011 by Silverlok because: stupid letters dancing all crazy

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaHere

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by makeitso

Originally posted by makeitso

Ummm...

That shot shows three isotopes present: K-40, I-125, and Pu-239.
  • Potassium-40 is naturally-occurring... it doesn't come from a nuclear fission reaction, so far as I know.

• Iodine-125 does come from a reaction, but in smaller quantities than iodine-131... so why was it detected and no iodine-131?

• Plutonium-239 is also a fission product, produced when U-239 absorbs a neutron and decays into Plutonium via beta decay. There should be a lot more U-238 than Pu-239, but they are showing no U-238 measured...
This is confusing as all get-out. I'm gonna look into that link some more...

TheRedneck

This was Redneck's last post, posted on 10-4-2011 @ 04:23 PM. According to his profile, though, his last visit was April 13, 2011. I am concerned, to say the least. Has he been gagged? I know others have commented on this but I thought I'd get really specific, in case anyone was wondering about him.

I think the important question for the primary participants here is why The Redneck visits ATS but doesn't come to this thread.

What originally attracted me here and kept me coming back was his sober and educated analysis. Now it's a freak show.

Sorry, had to be honest.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Excuse me, just a freak here, posting data for the forum...

M 4.7, near the east coast of Honshu, Japan
40.118°N 142.793°E

Thursday, April 14, 2011 01:33:27 UTC
Thursday, April 14, 2011 10:33:27 AM at epicenter

Depth: 44.40 km (27.59 mi)

Posted on 14 April 2011 | 1:33 am

ATS Freak

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mrbillshow

funny thing is that not all the rods are gone , they did not all vaporize , certainly we have poolium at four still giving stuff off , and that is the beauty of step one:

get Tepco to start talking again

The beauty of step two is they are now in a logical conundrum and will almost certainly have to expose a little thigh to ease our nagging adorations

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I love data.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tworide

That's reactor 4 with the poolium dreadlocks, no? The building labeled as the common pool is intact, it looks like it has 12 large HVAC units on the perimeter of the roof.. I've heard of cooling pool 7 mentioned, even in today's release from Arnie. But haven't seen a photo that IDs that building as cooling pool 7, other than this one.

Thanks Tworide,
I thought fubarium Falls was @ reactor number four but there has been so many pics and great information and discussion on this thread that it can overwhelm the mind with details, but hey it is almost a 700 page thread, that is read from morning coffee until a before bed catch up.

It looks like some Russians have placed IDs on two other buildings, in Russian.
The weapons labs???

[jk] A Russian weapons lab in a failing Japanese nuclear plant...

as the plot thickens! [/jk] :-)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Care to back that up as it violates ATS posting rules?

and Des did you ever have any luck finding video of four popping ( sorry if I missed it )

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I've been reading yours and other "freaks" contributions for several pages now (catching up), and if this is indeed a freak show, please by all means keep it going... You're all doing a fantastic job, with or without TheRedneck's analysis.

There are several key contributors here, and each in their own right deserves praise for their efforts.

Besides, I am the only true "freak" here.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by TheRemedial
Another point I would just like to add to this thread. It makes me wonder if any opportunistic corporations or governments are going to use this disaster as a silent way of dumping some of their wastes into the oceans.

Food for thought at least...It probably wouldn't surprise me.

Can we say N. Korea?!

I wouldn't expect they would take that opportunity.

However, they might assess the point at which a couple of the third and second world nations start noticing effects, and their citizens are or believe they are being impacted by the pollution from Japan.

Then, N. Korea could make some friends by....dropping a nuke on Northern Japan to stop the continuing uncontrolled chain reaction.

Then they'd be heros to a segment of nations they might want to make friends with.

I also wouldn't want to piss off China, India or Pakistan too much with poisoning their populace. India might take it well. Pakistan with the wrong leaders might take it as an affront and a religious leader might look to make a name for themselves, and well China. China is China, and China is for the Chinese. They might kill off their own populace, but I bet they won't take kindly to Japan killing them off or adding to their medical costs for their elder bulging populace.

Uncontrolled unstopped years and years of 4 reactors melting down isn't likely to be well accepted. Right now everyone is in Shock and Awe mode. I wouldn't suggest that Japan or this industry count on people STAYING in that state.

I agree with much of what you said, but nuking the plant would be the worst possible "solution."
You'd be aerosolising not only the contents of 6 reactors, but also the plutonium-containing "spent" fuel from them for the last 50 years. That would put far more radioactive material into the upper atmosphere than all the tests in the world have achieved to date.

Much of the aerosolised material would become part of the fabric of life, continually settling, poisoning the environment, then being lifted again into the atmosphere to migrate and poison elsewhere.

That could be a slow but deadly extinction level event for humanity.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The Economist has a poll going on Nukes/No Nukes:

Economist Poll

You votes YES to stop nuke plants and NO to accelerate our headlong leap into glowing death.

I votes YES, you can votes your heart...

Also see: NEGAWATTS
edit on 13-4-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
New update on RSOE EDIS
hisz.rsoe.hu...

For the first time since the March 11 earthquake and tsunami that devastated the country, Japanese authorities have reported that they have discovered minute amounts of radioactive strontium in areas of the country. The tiny amounts of radioactive strontium were detected in both soil and plants in Fukushima Prefecture, and beyond the 30-kilometer zone that Japan has established around the struggling Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the presence of Strontium-90 a good indication that there was a core meltdown. I don't believe it would be released just from a hydrogen explosion.

Radioactive strontium-90 has a half-life of 28.90 years. The amounts discovered are minute, for now, but the human body absorbs strontium as though it were calcium, because of their chemical similarities. Thus, strontium-90 can lead to various bone disorders and diseases, including leukemia. Earlier, radioactive cesium and iodine had been discovered. For some, the government encouraged potassium iodide pills. However, experts, including the CDC, noted that those pills only protect against radioactive iodine

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Yes, er sorry to meltdown, and one open to the environment , stronium is a very small percentage product (by volumne) as an aerosoland points to large releases

edit on 13-4-2011 by Silverlok because: assumptions

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Hey everyone,

Just catching up...this looks serious!

Pressure at fukushima reactor vessel 1 at around 10bars (quite a lot) and risingBreaking News

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Erasure, good catch. I can't answer those tech questions after too many root beers tonight, so I hope Redneck starts talking again. Here is another clue, that is starting to disappear from the Net:

Japan Nuclear LAW

More Here: nuclear power in japan
edit on 13-4-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Before I get axed I should explain myself.

The thing that made this thread great the first 2-3 weeks was people analyzing the facts and data at hand and making logicial and reasonable conclusions because we weren't getting answers anywhere else.

The last week or two has seen it devolve into sometimes fantastic proclamations of fact intertwined between rants against the nuclear industry, capitalism and western civ. I'm not sure if it's people preening to an audience that doesn't exist or trying to keep the spirit of the thread alive in the absence of TRN.

My suggestion to the thread PTB is to get it back to what made it special. Sober and analytical discussion of the facts and data at hand to fill in the blanks left by Tepco and the Japguv.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok

Care to back that up as it violates ATS posting rules?

and Des did you ever have any luck finding video of four popping ( sorry if I missed it )

Hey Silver. I know others besides little old me, have made extensive searches for a video/photo of the explosion of R4. That's one hens tooth that I can't find. The only photo of the fire I could find was this one. It's been used in a few articles, and was the ONLY photo shown by TEPCO to NHK, during a press conference. So, the photo is not good, as it appears to be pulled off a screen shot. I keep looking daily in hopes someone will post one.

Here ya go... alpha.newsx.com...

Des

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aponi
I'll go start building a forge.

Make sure it uses COAL... the carbon hardens the steel

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
this is a close as I have been able to get to a unit 4 explosion

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Hey everyone,

Just catching up...this looks serious!

Pressure at fukushima reactor vessel 1 at around 10bars (quite a lot) and risingBreaking News

Thanks...wish someone could explain this chart...I'll try to run it through a translator. It does look scary I must say.

atmc.jp...

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

yes , no

working in sherlok space here but,

almost certainly on the 'not working in regulation' space, with regard to both storage and capacity , but base don the the testimony of 'the canadian' ( I love that moniker ) and the actions of the rest of Tepco employees, no way did heroism suddenly spring from the well head ( Tepco does not seem to inspire it BY CHOICE )

although the idea of a cask, possible blue , amount of material being in and around what left of the long term storage pool I'd say yes how that material got there is bound to have some interesting genesis

new topics

top topics

<< 695  696  697    699  700  701 >>

join