It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 697.htm
<< 694  695  696    698  699  700 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Wow, everyone here is really on the ball today. Keep the great flow of info coming.

Something to note: Recently I have told many Japanese people that Japan has 53 nuclear power plants. No one I told knew that. No one.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Excessive radioactive cesium found in fish caught 35 kilometers off Fukushima

Radioactive cesium 25 times above the legal limit for consumption was detected Wednesday in young sand lance caught off Fukushima Prefecture, the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare said.

One of the sample fish had a level of cesium of 12,500 becquerels per kilogram about 500 meters off the city of Iwaki, and 35 kilometers from the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power station, it said. The limit is 500 becquerels under the Food Sanitation Law.

link

25 times above the legal limit for consumption caught at 35 kilometers from the nuclear plant!

edit on 13-4-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

So did we - until they said otherwise. Kind of appears to be a slip of the tongue.

Credit to Aponi for the find. See post here

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

I'm glad to see the Global Thread of Protracted Worldwide Doom/Unveiling the TEPCO Cover-up is still going strong!

Thank you to everyone for your continued hard work, and keep it up!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MedievalGhost

Hey Ghost, good to see you. Are you beginning to notice a change in people's level of awareness since the crisis has been raised to level 7? On this side of the planet, I'm seeing a major down playing of the event by the U.S. Media.
According to Arnie Gundersen, today, all of the U.S. radiation monitoring stations have gone silent, as in not reporting anything.

To me, this indicates a very serious situation. I can't imagine how it must be in your back yard, so to speak.

I called a couple of friends today, I usually connect with them at least once a week...NEITHER of them knew of the level 7 event. Plus, they both seemed to have the impression that everything was much better in Japan! I can't believe the lemming drone like attitude.

Guess we can rename the blow fish to glow fish. Won't need candle light on the table when you serve them to your guests. Fugu will now be poisonous in two ways.

Des

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I definitely believe there was something involving the military and weapons going on at Fukushima. You don't park a JMSDF destroyer that close to the release of radiation without other motives. If spraying water was their objective, they would've just used a fireboat and not irradiated a multi-billion dollar boat.

If anyone has a chance, catch "Countdown to Zero" on the History channel. I'm currently in the middle of watching it, and just listening to the number of nuclear weapon accidents where weapons were never found/recovered is appalling. It's a testament to the weaponized nuclear roulette that we're playing as a species.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Pulling in a video posted on ATS thread here because it is so dang freaky. It is very similar to the one posted showing liquefaction of the reclaimed land in the bay shortly after the first major quake March 11.

Keeping us solo threadists in the loop on what else ATS members are finding. Kudos to the OP of that thread.

I can only pray the ground at Fukushima Nuclear Plant is NOT doing these undulations. Nite all.

edit on 13-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

The was reported to be no fuel in the core , but the hot and not so hot ( waste rods ) were stored in the pool around and near the top of the reactor.

From all evidence Tepco does not like the attention the idea of 1535 fuel rods turning into smoke and blowing away is attracting ( from the Areva report , their assessment is : dry pool likely all rods aerated or gone) especially as it seems to be prompting Stronium detection far from the plant .

They have suddenly become vocal after about two weeks of relative secrecy , and started spewing 'stuff' about #4
here is the offical statement

it is as pure a snake oil as you will every see :

Some

of the spent nuclear fuel rods stored in the No. 4 reactor building of the crisis-hit Fukushima Daiichi power plant were confirmed to be damaged, but most of them

are believed to be

in sound condition, ..... its analysis of a 400-milliliter water sample taken Tuesday from the No. 4 unit's spent nuclear fuel pool revealed the damage to

some fuel rods

in such a pool for the first time,.....,

had all of its 1,331 spent fuel rods and 204 unused fuel rods stored in the pool for the maintenance work and the fuel was feared to have sustained damage from overheating.

The cooling period for 548 of the 1,331 rods was shorter than that for others and the volume of

decay heat

emitted from the fuel in the No. 4 unit pool is larger compared with pools at other reactor buildings. ... The government's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency said the confirmed radioactive materials were up to 100,000 times higher than normal but that the higher readings may have also been caused by the pouring of rainwater containing much radioactivity or particles of

radiation-emitting rubble in the pool.

they do not say this is a current condition , they do not say HOW they got a sample of water from a radioactive source 100,000 times normal, they only admit to
"revealing.....for the first time"

not that it happened today or yesteday

they forget to mention that there should NOT be decay heat as if the reactor was just scrammed ( no to say there would be no heat but they are deliberately stretching a term that is not exactly informative in this circumstance )

and in the end some truth "radiation emitting rubble in the pool"

edit on 13-4-2011 by Silverlok because: you see when the backs into the corner it appears to get larger..trickery trickery

edit on 13-4-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves

So did we - until they said otherwise. Kind of appears to be a slip of the tongue.

Credit to Aponi for the find. See post here

Seems to me you can remove the fuel rods to deposit in the SFP but the radiated water would still remain in the vessel.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok

The was reported to be no fuel in the core , but the hot and not so hot ( waste rods ) were stored in the pool around and near the top of the reactor.

From all evidence Tepco does not like the attention the idea of 1535 fuel rods turning into smoke and blowing away is attracting ( from the Areva report , their assessment is : dry pool likely all rods aerated or gone) especially as it seems to be prompting Stronium detection far from the plant .

They have sudden become vocal after about two weeks of relative secrecy , and started spewing 'stuff' about #4
here is the offical statement

it is as pure a snake oil as you will every see :

Some

of the spent nuclear fuel rods stored in the No. 4 reactor building of the crisis-hit Fukushima Daiichi power plant were confirmed to be damaged, but most of them

are believed to be

in sound condition, ..... its analysis of a 400-milliliter water sample taken Tuesday from the No. 4 unit's spent nuclear fuel pool revealed the damage to

some fuel rods

in such a pool for the first time,.....,

had all of its 1,331 spent fuel rods and 204 unused fuel rods stored in the pool for the maintenance work and the fuel was feared to have sustained damage from overheating.

The cooling period for 548 of the 1,331 rods was shorter than that for others and the volume of

decay heat

emitted from the fuel in the No. 4 unit pool is larger compared with pools at other reactor buildings. ... The government's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency said the confirmed radioactive materials were up to 100,000 times higher than normal but that the higher readings may have also been caused by the pouring of rainwater containing much radioactivity or particles of

radiation-emitting rubble in the pool.

they do not say this is a current condition , they do not say HOW they got a sample of water from a radioactive source 100,000 times normal, they only admit to
"revealing.....for the first time"

not that it happened today or yesteday

they forget to mention that there should be decay heat as if the reactor was just scrammed ( no to say there would be heat but they are deliberately stretching a term that is not exactly informative in this circumstance )

and in the end some truth "radiation emitting rubble in the pool"

An earlier report said they used a cup on the end of the water sprayer to get the sample.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mrbillshow

That is always a possibility. Good thought. That would, however, be the first time I can remember them referring to "slightly or highly radioactive water" (common words in their vocabulary) as "radioactive material leaking from the reactor's pressure vessel." It's something to watch for.

P.S. nite. everyone's research is very much appreciated today. thanks all...go night shift!

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Which means the pool is exposed to air well enough that the sprayer can get there, but don't get me wrong , i have no doubt there is some highly radioactive activity in four I just think the SUDDEN 'disclosures' are far too co-incidental after so much silence. I think they are very worried about the idea ( remember from the Areva report ) that all those rods vaporized and want to get a handle on that very damaging claim ( perhaps they did not like our name the poolium falls game either )

they could easily sure up any mistrust by releasing the video of four exploding or all of the multiple movies they have shot around #4 in the last 48 hours

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

That is always a possibility. Good thought. That would, however, be the first time I can remember them referring to "slightly or highly radioactive water" (common words in their vocabulary) as "radioactive material leaking from the reactor's pressure vessel." It's something to watch for.

P.S. nite. everyone's research is very much appreciated today. thanks all...go night shift!

It seemed obvious to me but I'm not nearly as smart as several of the primary posters on this thread so I'll defer.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

As in chunky water huh...I'm having a hard time holding my anger in. I wish I could get a TEPCO manager and take someone precious to him, place that someone outside of the evac zone and start asking all the questions I want answers to.

Every time he tells a half truth, or dances around the question with wiggle words, I make his precious person take 100 steps in the direction of Fukushima. And keep doing that, over and over, until I get the straight answers...or, their precious person in standing in front of reator #4....

I don't like thinking thought like this.

Des

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok
reply to post by AlaskanDad

where , I see a most destroyed pool ? with obvious rod structures dangling and what appear to be two poolium deposits hanging out the side of the building, not to ride ya , just curious...am I looking at the wrong picture

That's reactor 4 with the poolium dreadlocks, no? The building labeled as the common pool is intact, it looks like it has 12 large HVAC units on the perimeter of the roof.. I've heard of cooling pool 7 mentioned, even in today's release from Arnie. But haven't seen a photo that IDs that building as cooling pool 7, other than this one.
It looks like some Russians have placed IDs on two other buildings, in Russian.
The weapons labs???

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by makeitso

Originally posted by makeitso

Ummm...

That shot shows three isotopes present: K-40, I-125, and Pu-239.
  • Potassium-40 is naturally-occurring... it doesn't come from a nuclear fission reaction, so far as I know.

• Iodine-125 does come from a reaction, but in smaller quantities than iodine-131... so why was it detected and no iodine-131?

• Plutonium-239 is also a fission product, produced when U-239 absorbs a neutron and decays into Plutonium via beta decay. There should be a lot more U-238 than Pu-239, but they are showing no U-238 measured...
This is confusing as all get-out. I'm gonna look into that link some more...

TheRedneck

This was Redneck's last post, posted on 10-4-2011 @ 04:23 PM. According to his profile, though, his last visit was April 13, 2011. I am concerned, to say the least. Has he been gagged? I know others have commented on this but I thought I'd get really specific, in case anyone was wondering about him.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tworide
The weapons labs???

Kick dying people in the jewels much?

Fantasize and provoke international incidents and world wars often?

Never been part of a nuclear engineering organization or trained to see what you are looking at?

New to ATS? Welcome.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

Ooops!!! Left off [sarcastic humor].....[/sarcastic humor]

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaHere

This was Redneck's last post, posted on 10-4-2011 @ 04:23 PM. According to his profile, though, his last visit was April 13, 2011. I am concerned, to say the least. Has he been gagged? I know others have commented on this but I thought I'd get really specific, in case anyone was wondering about him.

Maybe he is just taking a break... Or has some real life stuff to deal with, but I wondered where he has been as well... His profile shows: Last Visit: April 13, 2011

Maybe he's been enlisted by TEPCO?

An offer he couldn't refuse?

Curious, to say the least.

Seriously, hope all is well in Alabama for TheRedneck.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

"Which means the pool is exposed to air well enough that the sprayer can get there..."

I think we all can agree on that since #4 is missing a roof and they have been spraying water into the SFP from above for several weeks.

"...but don't get me wrong , i have no doubt there is some highly radioactive activity in four I just think the SUDDEN 'disclosures' are far too co-incidental after so much silence."

They have been aware of the status of the SFP in #4 since maybe 3-13. They disclosed it now because they felt it was the best time for them to do so. Like raising the crisis level to 7 the same day the JapGuv declared the situation at Fukushima if not better at least somewhat stabilized. Tepco played the JapGuv for fools then and now are playing the rest of the world because they don't think anyone is looking hard enough.

"I think they are very worried about the idea ( remember from the Areva report ) that all those rods vaporized and want to get a handle on that very damaging claim ( perhaps they did not like our name the poolium falls game either )."

They're not worried about the "idea", they know it has already happened and are deciding how to partial out the information to reduce the possibility of panic in Tokyo and secondarily, the rest of the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 694  695  696    698  699  700 >>

join