It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 69.htm
<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I just heard on HNK news stream that in the plant #2 that the fuel rods are completely exposed, and the coolant levels are BELOW the gauge that monitors the level of coolant. Can anyone confirm if the fuel rods are melting?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Looks like it was a busy night.

Redneck is back monitoring for useful info.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
plant hits 3000 microsiever which is 0.003 sievert confusing to say which plant live interview on now www.ustream.tv... even radio station not sure what they talking about
www.ustream.tv...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kithylin

I heard the same report however I really don't think anyone there really knows what's going on inside. I mean think about it the radiation levels and heat are more than likely pretty high in there and I doubt anyone has actually been inside that building since the explosion so they are relying on the gauges that still work. If the coolant is lower than the gauge can read then they are either fully exposed or mostly exposed. Also the generators seem to be down again and they have no way to pump in sea water. How many hydrogen explosions do you think the reactor can take I mean really...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I don't know if this is off topic but this is interesting: 7th Fleet repositions ships after contamination detected

however it seems this is a low dosage of contamination detected, and could very well just be from the steam that's being released as a pressure-release measure and not much cause for alarm, however i felt i should post it here.
edit on 14/3/11 by kithylin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
On Kyodo News they are saying that:-

BREAKING NEWS: Radiation twice the maximum seen so far detected at nuke plant Monday: TEPCO

sorry can't link yet

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Lozzo

If, as that says, plutonium is insoluble, there is no danger to the US from the MOX fuels.

Japan, on the other hand, could be in for a hard ride.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I heard on the radio last night that each of the containment buildings contain between 60 and 70 tones of fissionable material. Does this sound right to you?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
BBC news channel reporting fuel rods in reactor 2 (Fukushima) are fully exposed!

Officials now expect a full or partial meltdown!
edit on 14-3-2011 by scobro because: (no reason given)

link   
Okay im back. The latest picture of the #3 reactor shows some kind of white vapor rising up from it. Also looks to be heavily damaged.

link   
As I have been saying,

the Japanese, do not know how severe this is, BUT it looks like that whole Nuclear site, has melted down. EXPOSED fuel rods, explosions, YA I would say their is dangerous levels of radiation in Japan, The press will down play it thou, the politician will play it down, because I mean think about it.... Tell Tokyo a Radiation cloud will be headed for them tomorrow, with the cold front coming..

Sad story, I am believing the plant melted down, and allot of people are going to get sick, if not die. I am not sure how it may effect the west coast, someone will be needed to measure the air for radiation out there, hopefully a public private group since it appears the press and the governments are not telling the truth right now, and shame on the press for not trying to find it.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackBauer
Okay im back. The latest picture of the #3 reactor shows some kind of white vapor rising up from it. Also looks to be heavily damaged.

Do you have a link to that pic?

Doesn't seem to be much out there for it.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

live.reuters.com...

It's about the fourth entry down

link   
Heres a link to the story,regarding exposed rods!

www.bbc.co.uk...

link   
Fuel rods fully exposed

Fuel rods at the quake-hit Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant's No. 2 reactor were fully exposed at one point after its cooling functions failed, the plant operator said Monday, indicating the critical situation of the reactor's core beginning to melt due to overheating.

As a result, the cores of the No. 1 and No. 3 reactors have partially melted.

link   
On Sky News they are saying that nuclear fuel rods ARE melting inside three reactors - surely that in itself is a 'meltdown'

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Japanese officials say the nuclear fuel rods appear to be melting inside all three of the most troubled nuclearreactors - AP

www.breakingnews.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
guys please this is my first post

im in japan, ive been reading this forum and watching news but i realli dont understand!!!

im scared

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Japan is in trouble and worried,

Following the most recent announcements that even though 2 metres (about 1/2) of the rods had been covered by seawater following the earlier emptying, the water has again dropped suddenly and just now breaking on news 24 live and on their ticker:

#
1552: Japan has officially asked the UN nuclear watchdog the IAEA for experts to help in the current nuclear crisis, AFP reports, citing IAEA chief Yukiya Amano.

BBC

EDIT TO ADD:

#
1603: Hong Kong, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Taiwan are to screen food imported from Japan for radiation, AFP is reporting.

same source

Kind Regards

Elf
edit on 14-3-2011 by MischeviousElf because: as add

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackBauer
reply to post by butcherguy

live.reuters.com...

It's about the fourth entry down
Thanks. Nice aerial photo.

If that steam coming out is constant, it may mean that the reactor containment is breached.

new topics

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70  71  72 >>

join