It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 684.htm
<< 681  682  683    685  686  687 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Where is TheRedneck?

Has he been abducted by the IAEA?

There has to be a conspiracy here.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
How much gas can pass into the wind before their nitrogen source runs dry?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Request to the MODs:

Please move this threat to the "Prophecies and Predictions Forum" - since this is the only thread on ATS
where events were called before they actually occurred unlike all other threads on the above said forum where predictions are made either after an event occur or the prophecies are way way off base or false flags. I must definitely give credit to "TheRedNeck" for calling it a "LEVEL 7 event from the get go even though he was scolded as a fear monger.
I have been tracking this thread from day one and the events has played out exactly as its been called here - THANKS TO ALL OF THE CONTRIBUTORS... you all are doing a great service to ordinary folks like me all over the world .. who realize the gravity of the situation but would never hear about it except from MSM. Thank you once again.

So why were they calling it a Level 5 until yesterday and suddenly jumped to Level 7. After reading this thread it all makes sense. THEY HAVE MOVED ALL THE WEAPON GRADED PLUTONIUM AND WEAPON MAKING MACHINERY OUT OF FUKUSHIMA. By designating it a Level 5, the disaster was still a company wide (TEPCO) problem - supposedly being handled by TEPCO, why they were trying their best to fix the problem and keeping all International help at bay, even if it meant putting the people at risk. THEY WERE TAKING ONE FOR THEIR COUNTRY. That is until the reactors exploded and they realized that the problem was unfixable and getting worse. That is when they started ordering the barges and moving the weapon making equipments and machineries and whatever was too difficult to move, they buried under tons of cement.

Now that all the evidences has been cleared - the disaster is a LEVEL 7, a national if not an international problem. Now Japan will cry for help from the international community and now the real mitigation will start.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Been looking around some at the DOE's repository of knowledge and found somethin I think might be relevant.

Description/Abstract To develop the understanding and predictive measures of the post “loss of water inventory” hazardous conditions as a result of the natural and/or terrorist acts to the spent fuel pool of a nuclear plant. This includes the thermal cooling limits to the spent fuel assembly (before the onset of the zircaloy ignition and combustion), and the ignition, combustion, and the subsequent propagation of zircaloy fire from one fuel assembly to others

Research Org The Pennsylvania State University
Sponsoring Org USDOE

Source

It seems as though this situation has been considered by our ivory tower eggheads. I'm on my iPhone currently, so k can't pull extracts from the actual PDF but there is a lot of relevant info in the document.

It's 1MB so not that big a file but it's 52 pages long chock full of technical goodies if any of you more k knowledgeable types would like to peruse it and let us know if there's anything of interest in the file.
edit on 12-4-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: I really ought to proofread these better.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
There are some rough calculations that can be made to figure out the surface tension, flow rates and temps of corium. But you need a lot of information about its environment. Levels of Oxygen, Zirconium, Steel, Concrete aggregate. etc.

Modelling of corium strati cation in the lower plenum of a reactor vessel

Abstract
A comprehensive modelling to predict the strati cation of oxides and metals in a corium pool
is presented. It consists of a series of models that take into account both thermochemical and
thermalhydraulic aspects. The model is designed to be used on a 2D/3D meshing. Therefore,
the corium pool is assumed to be non-homogeneous in temperature and composition. Only
local thermochemical equilibrium is assumed (in each mesh).
A simpli ed thermochemical model provides the equilibrium compositions of the oxide and
metal phases. It is consistent with MASCA experimental results. It is also consistent with
computational results obtained by using IRSN thermochemical database. All the local phys-
ical properties, and particularly the densities, are calculated from the local compositions and
temperature.

Prototypic Corium Platform

Ab s t r a c t – The PLINIUS prototypic corium platform is a research tool dedicated to the study of core-melting accidents in nuclear reactors. Composed of the VITI, COLIMA, KROTOS and VULCANO facilities, it covers a large range of corium masses which enable to choose the correct scale depending on the experiment objectives from a few grams to 50-80 kilograms. A material analysis laboratory complements these experiments using high-temperature melts containing depleted –uranium. A recent Molten Core Concrete Interaction test with more than 40 kg of corium illustrates the platform activities.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj
reply to post by SFA437

Yes the wind is definately going to be the game changer if nothing else blows up.
Can we dump a huge amount of Borax/ Boron on that thing?

Don't forget to dump Borat too!

(sorry for that, can't stand him)

But on topic, can't they just let the core boil itself dry and than start to pour sand over it?
What can be done is to build quickly some steel structures (which can be done really fast) across the plants and cover it with lead to keep most of the radiation inside. They could also divert the steam into some sort of filters or (if they close the bay) into the water. I mean, it wouldn't solve the problem, but I think they should take every measure in order to try to stop the radiation spreading as much as possible.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Here is some positive news: -

"Japan says nuclear crisis stabilizing, time to rebuild"

www.reuters.com...

And nearby flying monkeys were observed...........

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Search for Japan in the codes of the Torah, says that they are punished by the Creator as well as Sodom and Gammora.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
We need to make sure hat THIS doesn't happen:

Under the plan, which is being considered by Tokyo Electric and the government, other power utilities will be asked to contribute to a mutual aid fund that would also form part of the compensation scheme.

Why would other utilities be asked to share the financial burden unless they also share some culpability?

Ah, here we go:

That fund could contribute up to 2.7 trillion yen, and power utilitilies including Tokyo Electric would contribute in proportion to the number of nuclear reactors they own, the Yomiuri said.

Hat makes some sense then. It is an unstated admission that other power companies that operate nuclear facilities play at least some role in the contamination of our planet.

Source

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

That leads to Areva clearly being wrong on the state of containment and amount of waste pool material left in that reactor #3 building ( which adds to the amount of aerosol production and discharge ) Areva also states that #3 was "mostly noble gases" being released so " no fall-out" for soil contamination outside the plant... apparently the company believes the waste pool At#4 completely aerosolized , where the massive explosion at #3 somehow managed to produce little to no aerosol , kind of convenient for the makers of mox that , even though the building is melting and had a dust shower 600M in the air none of that stuff is anything other than "noble gases" , I guess the uranium and plutonium MOX content just stayed home with the little piggy, ha..they sure as hell forgot in their little corporate cheat sheet to mention plutonium uptake and transport at the least. Then again it's probably why Seimens pullled (brutually ) out of Areva/MOX to the tune of 1.62 billion Euos

Maybe they weren't wrong - maybe they knew all along what couldl happen. Perhaps they were behind the cover up - at least initially. They stood to lose alot - customers/partners/money. They were some of the first "visitors" to FUKU-up, along with their French sponsors. The loss of the Siemens deal is a prime example.
edit on 12-4-2011 by Maluhia because: clarification

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Maybe it is worth drafting a proposal/suggestion and sending it to Tepco.. We obviously have some brilliant minds here, maybe we have thought of something they haven't.

I wonder why they haven't frozen the ground yet, they were considering it at Chernobyl, it should at least slow the flow.. drill into the cavities and pump full of refrigerant.. throw everything we have at it before its too late.

Maybe they should be damming in the surrounding water, even just slowing the fabric.. however I suspect they do not want to. They have a perfect "rug" to sweep this under, the ocean.

edit on 12/4/2011 by LilFox because: correction

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Shoppers in the capital Tokyo lined up on the first day of the two-day market to buy fresh strawberries, asparagus, tomatoes and leeks from Iwaki - an area about 50 kilometres (30 miles) from the Fukushima Daiichi plant, which was devastated by the disaster.

The government's chief spokesman Yukio Edano, who has sought to calm fears over radiation contamination, exclaimed "this is so sweet" as he ate a strawberry before the gathered media at the event.

"Only safe produce is being distributed. Please eat it," he added, saying the government planned to organise other events to promote produce from the disaster zone.

link

Veggies grown 30 miles from Fukushima plant are safe? Oh really?

And I wonder if the government is even testing for deadly plutonium and strontium particles on those 'safe' Fukushima vegetables. I highly doubt it.

Irresponsible clowns.

edit on 12-4-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MedievalGhost

Also, that second guy is looking at that first guy like he's thinking can you believe this fool I'm stuck with? This is certainly nothing to do with radiation, I just thought it was amusing.
edit on 12-4-2011 by sepermeru because: Nobody's perfict

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

edit on 12-4-2011 by SamSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
delete

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru
reply to post by MedievalGhost

Also, that second guy is looking at that first guy like he's thinking can you believe this fool I'm stuck with? This is certainly nothing to do with radiation, I just thought it was amusing.
edit on 12-4-2011 by sepermeru because: Nobody's perfict

Actually, that 'guy' on the left with the large tomato in his mouth is a woman. And a typical Japanese tv clown idiot at that.

But your post was funny.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Figure 11 looks a whole lot like another picture posted over and over here on this Thread. At home on the dial up and can't bring it up and post at the moment. But, I had to take a double take.

Drilling into subduction zone and injecting anything is a very, very bad idea!!!
edit on 12-4-2011 by Anmarie96 because: 11 not 7

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

I worded that oddly on purpose..they did know what could and probably did happen before touching Japanese soil..the report they floated is some pretty thin soup and points to internal inconsistencies in the logic they are implying . The reason for this is because the MOX/plutonium fuel plan was large and had a great deal of momentum behind it , plus a few heavy hitters financially and politically across a number of international governments supporting it aggressively. So some cartoon reactors in a brightly colored folder otherwise containing some highly misleading information for corporate morons to digest didn't fly very far.
that is the less obscure way of describing what I think of the Areva report, although I wasn't the only one as that 1.62 billion appeared to be thinking that way too.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jrosh
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I assume you are talking about this image:

That is from a cleanup operation where they are using remote control equipment to gather up debris around the damaged Fukushima reactors, the debris came from the hydrogen explosions that blew apart some of the reactor structures, if you look close you'll see where they are placing the debris in containers and removing it for disposal... Apparently it is extremely radioactive.

There are no "live feeds" yet of this operation (like the BP disaster) and given Tepco's control over news and information, don't expect there to be any live feeds of this... Though if they care at all about public opinion, they should do this and be as open as possible.

Have you ever looked that the picture closely, they are all looking at the same thing. I matched the colour with the pictures.

Sorry if this was talked about, I’m still about 15 pages behind everybody

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Sorry, I don't understand all these posts about tunneling and drilling and such to get the corium OUT. To where? Where are you going to put this stuff that it isn't going to melt through and do the same thing in a different place. You can't handle it, it's too radioactive (it will kill in seconds, if not instantly), it will melt through all metals, it will mess up electronic circuitry. It will melt through rock. Pardon me, but what am I missing here?

There are a few tons of this stuff now happily burring down through the bedrock on it's way to however far it will go. Believe me, it's the best place for it, we don't want to be touching it. Best chance is to try to cool it where it is, hense all the radioactive water, but at this point likely only increase the radioactive steam exposures.
edit on 12-4-2011 by Wertwog because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 681  682  683    685  686  687 >>

join