It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 681.htm
<< 678  679  680    682  683  684 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ikonoklast
I guess once the brainwashing and conditioning set in it must not be as big a leap as one would think.

My point... the conditioning to accept what your told... but the protests in Tokyo, the anger of the fishermen and farmers in not accepting TEPCO's apologies... shows that the conditioning is breaking down... That is good news

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestinyoneI really thought we had put that one to bed.

Des

No we hadn't, just have not been able to find any info on it. You would think if it was a normal sub station we could find a picture? Though I admit its on my list of 'to be searched for"

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok
I think that since ATS has done much work on the subject someone here should get to name that poolium falls thing(visible in the upper left hand corner at about 1:21...any suggestions?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Just wanted to mention that when fuel rods overheat/burn, a lot of the stuff likes to turn into a vapor
mountainrepublic.net...
Anyway, I saythis because of all of the "the radioactive material is too heavy, it'll stick around japan"that I hear/see, perhaps,,, if the materials in question "like reactor 3 blew it's fuel and didn't burn", but not in the case of open reactors/melted fuel "my observation is3 reactors insofar" running full throttle "uncontrolled criticality" likely putting out in exess of 3000mw of equivalent heat each, and fuel storage areas either burning or running their own criticality events.
The way the wind blows and continues to blow provides a nearly perfect line to the usa and surrounding area, since it is vapor it really won't "settle/wash out" easily, and this stuff will continue to blow around for years to come. Obammer's soothsaying comments were of context at the time, they cease to apply when you see data points/events that surmise the possibility of four chernobles doing their thing all day everyday for a time. Should the area be too radioactively hot which is my suspicion from the beginning "remember the evacs of workers due to such events?/now the remote controlled toys", there will be no real ability or oppertunity to prevent/lessen/ or stop all fuel on site from burning "fissioning open air", neutrons are cue balls hitting the rack, producing more and hitting others, no water? no barrier. The solution was there in the beginning of this terrible event, the entities involved lied and was purposefully inaccurate, devious and deceptive the whole way through,turned down u.s cooling support/help offered "when it mattered at the beginning", they turned down a team of nuclear experts that were assembled and waiting to depart russia and a multitude of other things. The key in this scenario was to prevent the area/s where intervention is needed to prevent the area/s from becoming too radioactively hot to futher their ability to maintain control and presence, as no control and presence would mean just that, and that I believe is what we have. My opinion from the beginning was that if the area became too radioactively hot the fuels involved will inevitably fission due to lack of intervention and prevention. My understanding is that there is 4277tons of spent "but still fissionable" fuel on site total, that does not include the tons of kindling/lint that are loaded in the reactors. Saw tonnage noted by AP on this site some time ago
stretchingminds.wordpress.com...
Meltdowns are preventable with rods that release criticality preventative materials "poisons" held inside them until melted.
A meltdown of this fuel "with no integrated neutron poisons" was stoppable BUT cooling HAD to come BEFORE a certain percentage "threshhold" of the rods melted "likely no more than 33%"

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

People who willingly eat radioactive food and tell others to eat it don't really deserve to live in my opinion. I have no sympathy for them.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ALTERNATECH

Alternatech, I have to strongly resist the urge to want to go in and clean up the layout in your posts, but only because was you have to say is so good! Keep posting dude. Star.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok
reply to post by zorgon

Current level on the surface of the molten mass known as "Elephants foot"

and on that note that is exactly what I was thinking when I saw the helicopter fly-by of the stuff oozing out of #4

I think that since ATS has done much work on the subject someone here should get to name that poolium falls thing(visible in the upper left hand corner at about 1:21...any suggestions?

How about TEPcrapium?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Agreed and in addition :

Areva's assessment , flawed as it is in some spots , is that ALL of the fissile material from #4 became aerosol, clearly they are at least somewhat wrong on that from the poolium falls , but a large mass of it did.

Based on test for aerosol production from fissile materials the particulate size tends to clump in a range between 1.5 and 9 micrometers with few tending to clumps over 30micro meters , pressure is almost an insignificant factor in the aerosol formation but heat is very critical( the higher the temperature during production the more material is aerosol-ed) , certainly a concern when considering "open -air" melt-downs as the pool in four was

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Sometime you read this stuff and wonder if there is any sanity left :shk:

A Cabinet minister visited the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station in Fukushima Prefecture on the same day for the first time since it was rocked by explosions and began emitting radioactive materials shortly after the March 11 quake and tsunami.

During his roughly 45-minute stay, Economy, Trade and Industry Minister Banri Kaieda encouraged workers manning an operational center on the premises and surveyed damaged reactors from inside a bus.

Before his visit to the plant, Kaieda, whose ministry promotes and regulates the nuclear power industry, told reporters the situation was far from being brought under control and expressed his resolve to contain it as soon as possible.

english.kyodonews.jp...

TEPCO also continued to pump nitrogen, an inert gas, into the No. 1 reactor to prevent hydrogen from causing another explosion, while enhancing the purity of the gas to reduce the amount of oxygen mixed in it.

The utility said it will fly a small unmanned helicopter to survey the plant, possibly starting on Sunday depending on the weather, expecting it to capture images of damaged installations at the Nos. 1 to 4 reactors that workers cannot approach due to elevated levels of radiation.

english.kyodonews.jp...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

wow, well said!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

/sarcasm

I'd call it 'Too-late-ium'.

Does anyone know if TEPCO is an anagram for STUPID (or at least their word for it...?)

/Sarcasm

Katz (the guy who did the daily updates on YokosoNews yokosonews.com... )
Is switching to a weekly update format due to his need to make money (pay bills) and his unwillingness to profit from the disaster. He will however, if an emergency hits, will make reports as needed.

Please show your support of him on Facebook/twitter

The guy's probably one of the best sources for news there.

M.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks, man. I knew I'd missed something... That TEPCO math decoder ring: the special, five-and-a-half-dimensional one! Darn!

But seriously though, these TEPCO characters are enough to make a person sick.

(Yes, I know... They're doing that for real...)

Mike

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You should hire George Bush as a special consultant, he is very good with "fuzzzy Math"

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Excerpt from post originally posted by Silverlok

Poolium falls... Falls and poolium...

How about...

Foolium?

Mike

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Fourium would be more descriptive.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
But seriously though, these TEPCO characters are enough to make a person sick.

Well no worries... Kan just stated that by the end of the month they will talk about plans to work on restoring the infrastructure and to go ahead and support the region by eating Fukushima veggies... In the meantime the tourism minister is calling to people not to cancel trips scheduled for this summer because everything is okay...

Kan also said that he has asked TEPCo to get this under control and they told him they would... soon

Okay that is paraphrased a lot
but dang it I am getting tired of hearing that they plan to talk about plans that they are planning to implement ... soon..

What is unfathomable is that TEPCO is still running the show... and the politicians are merely making noise 'strongly suggesting" TEPCO comply.

And every news release has a new level with that annoying 'however' added to it

Plant is now level 7 however its only 10% of Chernobyl
We had to dump 10,000 tons of water however it won't cause any health risks
We had to suspend fishing however you can eat the fish as there is no immediate health risk
The veggies are safe, however we have banned shipping them to market

AARGGGGGGGGG Bring back the Samurai

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako
1 3 Japanese Volcanoes Becoming Active

More than two weeks after the triple disasters flattened Japan, the devastated country, while trying every effort to rebuild itself, has to face another challenge—the increased activity of its 13 volcanoes.

There are 45 volcanoes on Honshu alone! The swarms of shallow quakes may indicate magma movement under the surface. Remember Mt. St. Helens? So far these swarms are not close to any particular volcano, but who knows how many magma chambers there are with so many volcanoes on the island. The volcanoes in Japan share the same characteristics as Mt St Helens (all the volcanoes in the Cascade Range!) as being composite in nature, aka stratovolcanoes.. They can explode ( St Helens, Crater Lake, Krakatoa) instead of flowing lava like a shield volcano does (Hawaiian Is., Iceland)

en.wikipedia.org...

pubs.usgs.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 678  679  680    682  683  684 >>

join