It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 680.htm
<< 677  678  679    681  682  683 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

What got me was the attitude, "I'm going to knowingly eat food from a radioactively contaminated area to show solidarity with the farmers."

Seems like there should be more logical ways to give support...

From the government's perspective, I understand why they feel a need to try to prevent [further] economic disaster. But I am surprised that the people go along with this.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker
The melted fuel at Chernobyl was 15,000 times over the lethal dose and you cannot even approach such a mass without certain death as a result.

Here is the aftermath of Chernobyl and what happened with the fuel (as well as the full story documentary

Inside Chernobyls Sarcophagus
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Current level on the surface of the molten mass known as "Elephants foot"

Kinda looks like the stuff that oozed out of #4

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

Let's get an international team in there and cover that pile up A.S.A.P. With the tepco management shoveling on the frontline.

Based on what others have noted, it seems they cannot currently cover it with concrete due to high temperatures and radiation. But I agree with putting TEPCO management on the frontline of whatever they do!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I am not sure if this has been posted before, but earlier in this topic the question was raised :

Secret Weapons Program Inside Fukushima Nuclear Plant?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
It also doesn't work well with the neccessity to remove at the next possible opportunity that someone can get in there whatever super secret thing they where working on.

I stongly suspect that was what the barge night missions with the white sheets was all about

courtesy cryptome

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by herenow
I'm going to re post these photos here, know someone wanted high resolution photos from the drone and haven't seen them. They ended up on the last post on the last page and I know some don't go back and reread past posts.

Photos

thanks but unfortunately we haven't really had any 'new' good photos in the last 18 days. And certainly a lot has changed in nearly three weeks .

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ikonoklast
From the government's perspective, I understand why they feel a need to try to prevent [further] economic disaster. But I am surprised that the people go along with this.

To understand that you need to understand how things work in Japan... Most companies have morning exercises before starting the work day

Japanese Construction workers morning calisthenics

I don't want to use the sheep word
but they do follow the leader a lot more than we do

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Curious observation. I haven't heard one single person ask...what happened to level 6. Just skipped right over that one didn't they. I can only assume, the jump from level 5 to level 7, had a lot to do with the last couple of days with new earthquakes....This little hop scotching skipping of a whole other level, has made me want to revisit the mysterious flash from the 7.4 quake....I really thought we had put that one to bed.

Des

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Current level on the surface of the molten mass known as "Elephants foot"

and on that note that is exactly what I was thinking when I saw the helicopter fly-by of the stuff oozing out of #4

I think that since ATS has done much work on the subject someone here should get to name that poolium falls thing(visible in the upper left hand corner at about 1:21...any suggestions?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
One for the contest....OOOZLIUM this is fun
or goblium...

Des
edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

It was more along the lines of comparing a deep water wreck to MASSIVE surface level contamination- not that a deep water wreck or dumping wouldn't affect life.

More along the lines of degree of impact. Should have made that clearer.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604
I am not sure if this has been posted before, but earlier in this topic the question was raised :

Secret Weapons Program Inside Fukushima Nuclear Plant?

Well with the speed of this thread and the incidents dropping on us I haven't had time to look at what is happening with Misawa

Misawa is one of our (US) airbases that has an Echelon listening post. It is located on the north end of Honshu on the coast facing the Tsunami, though in a little bit. I have heard nothing about their condition. I will have to take time right now to look into that...

They are located here on GE +40° 43' 22.91", +141° 19' 43.57"

Misawa, Japan
Misawa NSA Echelon Station
Code Name: Ladylove

My work on that base is here
www.thelivingmoon.com...

We have several weapons storage areas in Japan, Misawa is one... and we have nuclear weapons in storage at these sites. Here are some of the bunkers at Misawa

There are two other stations with nukes... one on Okinawa and one near Tokyo... I need to pull all that data today and see how that is in the mix

Here is Misawa's location

The ECHELON listening post, bigger than Pine Gap

Image Credit: Tushar's Public Gallery
Radome Three radomes at the Cryptologic Operations Center, Misawa Air Base, Japan. Short for "radar dome", a radome is a weatherproof enclosure used to protect an antenna. It is used mainly to prevent ice (especially freezing rain) from accumulating directly onto the metal surface of the antenna.

Bomb proof hangers

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I do understand the cultural differences (more or less), but it still seems like a big leap from corporate calisthenics to let's all eat radioactive food for solidarity!

I guess once the brainwashing and conditioning set in it must not be as big a leap as one would think.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437
reply to post by qmantoo

It was more along the lines of comparing a deep water wreck to MASSIVE surface level contamination- not that a deep water wreck or dumping wouldn't affect life.

More along the lines of degree of impact. Should have made that clearer.

Frankly I think the apples to oranges quote is entirely clear and concise, the deep ocean and shallow ocean are very different bio-spheres . While I don't think anyone (except perhaps Ann Coulter) would argue that deep water releases have zero impact, it' just surface releases have a much larger more immediate and prolonged impact as they directly start effecting the most sensitive part of the food chain.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

No, they said it was to do with the radiation that escaped 15-16th march ... so god knows what they'll tell us in a months time about what's happening now

www3.nhk.or.jp...

edit on 12-4-2011 by xxcatcatcatxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

Did noone heed my my analysis from Page-281? ...

Originally posted by EnhancedInterrogator
[...]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS: Have we learned nothing, since 1971 ...

'Godzilla vs. Hedorah' (aka 'Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster')

PS: The sound-track was filled with all sorts of "Save the Earth!" type lyrics (in the Engrish version anyway).

edit on 2011-4-12 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Added postscriptage.

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   
At Misawa, 'cold, miserable and scared people'
By Patrick Dickson
Stars and Stripes
Published: March 11, 2011

For several hours after the first quake struck, Misawa Air Base on the Pacific coast of northern Japan was in a blackout. Just a 30-minute drive from Hachinohe, where a 13-foot tsunami wave pushed boats and debris miles inland, Misawa personnel had scrambled for the high ground, but the water did not come. Here is a firsthand report phoned in by Stars and Stripes web editor T.D. Flack:

www.stripes.com...

Okay so it seems they are far enough off the coast and didn't get hit by the Tsunami, just the quake

Patrol Squadron 4 Surveys Japan's Tsunami Damage (March 22, 2011)
By Elizabeth
March 23rd, 2011

NORTHERN JAPAN March 22, 2011 Patrol Squadron 4, currently operating out of Naval Air Facility Misawa, conducts surveys over tsunami-damaged northern Japan. The squadron's assessment will help the U.S. Navy how best to utilize its assets in support of Operation Tomodachi.

www.japanbases.com...

Direct news from Misawa... seems they didn't get much damage
www.misawa.af.mil...
edit on 12-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
1 3 Japanese Volcanoes Becoming Active

More than two weeks after the triple disasters flattened Japan, the devastated country, while trying every effort to rebuild itself, has to face another challenge—the increased activity of its 13 volcanoes.

Please revive this thread, someone posted this March 11 and I used the search function!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
2 more geiger counters, from Azabujuban, Tokyo and Tokyo-to, Minato-ku, Mita .

www.denphone.com/denphone-tokyo-office-geiger-counter

thinrope.net/gamma/

top topics

<< 677  678  679    681  682  683 >>

join