It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 676.htm
<< 673  674  675    677  678  679 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by IDBIT
Everything is going to be OK. Unless your a Pacific Fish or Live near the Fukushima.

I think I know what the blue flashes were...

HE IS COMING BACK

Sorry... needed a break...

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MedievalGhost

.14 is still not the high at all. Ironically I bet you it's much higher here in the US.

If you go to Weather Online website and check the Cesium-137 cloud forecast, you will see that incredibly large amounts of Cesium-137 are reaching the west coast of the US.

Weather Online - Cesium-137 Dispersion Forecast
edit on 12-4-2011 by windwaker because: Grammar

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Yes he is coming back. Coming for everyone who messes with this earth.

edit on 4/12/2011 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

No, the blue flashes are from...

Before Japan's earthquake, they where just warming up killing millions a fishes and birds.

edit on 12-4-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
We in the UK are no strangers to Plutonium and we have been told it is safe.. even in our children's teeth - i'm surprised they didn't add it along with fluoride to the toothpaste.. www.iomtoday.co.im...

I dreamt of a 6.3 earthquake in the morning followed by a 9.8 - not much survived in the dream..

I wanted to ask SFA37 when you now expect the US military emergency nuclear team to get busy in Tokyo? (i think you predicted an expansion of the evac zone a million pages ago?)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by imitator

Wow, so we are not the only ones and they may be more.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by imitator
No, the blue flashes are from... :

I already covered HAARP before... they didn't do it and they are out of range for Japan but if your interested in HAARP and the network... see here

Every One Speaks about HAARP, but did you know
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That should give you something to thing about

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj
A couple days ago somebody asked about military exercises going on ......
This could be it.. don't get scared.

blog.dhs.gov...

Beginning today, and continuing through this weekend, thousands of first responders and law enforcement officers from 150 agencies in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut will participate in a five-day, full-scale exercise to evaluate the Securing the Cities (STC) program, a DHS-funded effort to protect New York City and other major metropolitan areas against the threat of illicit radiological andnuclear weapons and materials.

Department of Homeland Security link>>

www.dhs.gov...

edit on 11-4-2011 by rbrtj because: added link

Ok thanks. I only saw a few comments on a youtube video. One had 4 or 5 thumbs up so I posted it on ATS.
It's good to know that it's just a drill.

A bit like the drill we had in London for bombs on the subway and then a short while later it happened for real!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by imitator
No, the blue flashes are from... :

I already covered HAARP before... they didn't do it and they are out of range for Japan but if your interested in HAARP and the network... see here

Every One Speaks about HAARP, but did you know
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That should give you something to thing about

My head hurts, do I have to read more?
I have a therory about making it rain and that is to grow more trees in arid places, the trick is to get them watered long enough for them to create an old growth atmosphere, much like a terarium.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Procharmo

I'm glad I can help make up for my mistakes.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by rancher1
reply to post by rbrtj

BBC saying that it is only 1/10th radiation as Chernobyl! Man I thought it was a lot more then that.

If you only measure iodine -131 then yes. But if you measure Pu-239 then I suspect otherwise!

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by checkmeout

The CBIRF will be reporting to the RSO (Regional Security Officer) of the US Embassy who is a member of the DSS (Diplomatic Security Service). The DSS are the super high-speed low-drag guys in the GS hierarchy. I wanted to be one when I grew up

When the RSO deems the Embassy untenable or believes it will become so those Marines will be the ones getting them out of Dodge.

As for speculation as to when this will happen- I think all it will take is a long term wind shift.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Since they took my pamper advice. I have another great idea. This is all that can save them now.
Perhaps Mothra can spin a cocoon around the reactors? I can see it now, healines from Tepco....

Fukushima problems soon to be solved. Waiting for a 100 foot speaker set to arrive from the US.

English Translation

Mothra oh Mothra
Hear our call for you to save us
over time, over sealike a wave you comeour guardian angel
Mothra oh Mothra
the people have forgotten kindness
their spirits fall to ruin
we shall pray for the people as we sing
this song of love
edit on 12-4-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

Yes the wind is definately going to be the game changer if nothing else blows up.
Can we dump a huge amount of Borax/ Boron on that thing?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Back in the day they would be looking for virgins to sacrifice......
How hot is lava? Hotter than corium? Anyone?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

Well they are trying to seal off the harbor with a steel wall... filling that immense containment pond with neutron poison and allowing the natural push-pull work that into the cracked bedrock to get at the corium might not be a bad idea but there are better minds than mine who can answer that.

I just used to look at pictures for a living

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj
reply to post by elouina

Back in the day they would be looking for virgins to sacrifice......
How hot is lava? Hotter than corium? Anyone?

Lucky for me, I don't qualify for the job.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I get a very strange feeling from this terrible disaster at the nuclear power stations in Japan. My eyes can see large scale explosions and fires and high radiation readings but still I have a sense of strange safety in the back of my head.

Now that they are finally revising the INES rating from 5 to 7 means that they are admitting the disaster in Fukushima is on the same scale as the monstrous Chernobyl disaster. However the authorities with help from main stream media did a “good” job of programming the public that the “accident” at Fukushima was no big deal. Displaying images and video of explosions and fires that shredded the whole power plant into pieces accompanied whit the now infamous phrases: “There is no immediate health concern” and “It was just a hydrogen explosion” and “Half-life of the radioactive elements is so short it will not do any harm” and “Just rinse and boil the vegetables and you will be fine” have succeeded in creating a public sense that this is just a local accident and no big deal with no major health concerns.

Now when they are revising the Fukushima disaster’s INES rating to the same sky high level of 7 (remember every step is 10 times worse on the INES scale) people have in the back of their minds all the different phrases of “No immediate health concern” so INES 7 is not so bad after all in the public sense. People already are questioning that perhaps Chernobyl was not so bad after all because the situation is not so bad in Fukushima despite INES 7. Maybe a positive impact of this could be that people start questioning if Chernobyl actually was far worse than INES 7.

Finally the evacuation zone is widened and the INES rating is raised to 7 but lot of time is already lost. Would it not have been better to evacuate at once and protect the people from the radioactive iodine? They say iodine has a short half-life but this means that the people were present when it was worst possible. The people could have gone away waiting for the iodine level to “disappear” and come back gathering important stuff and then evacuate permanently. It will be very interesting to see what form the map of the evacuation plan will take. Maybe all the important factories of global companies somehow did not get any fallout and are safe to continue in full operation, what do you think?

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ektar
So sorry if asking a totally stupid question but when I try to search for answers I keep getting the run around...
I know about animals (Radio-Cats & etc.)..but every time I look into humans I get the run around on the internet...

My point & probably dumb question is in re to people being turned away from shelters...
Humans exposed...if stripped, scrubbed , & provided new clothing may or may not propose a threat to other humans or animals.
How long do they need to be separated from other people?
Why can't there be 2 different shelters provided so NO ONE has to be turned away ? They won't always be "Contagious".

I am SO incredibly thankful for this thread & ATS....but if I were in Japan this thread would be Platinum! To know where to travel on foot & avoid the check points & etc.

I do send my positive thoughts to our ATS friends in Japan...

Ektar

Depends on where the shelter is. In some affected areas clean water is scarce and washing with tap water may increase not decease readings. Especially as it may enter the skins pores.

edit on 12-4-2011 by Procharmo because: Formatting

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
reply to post by MedievalGhost

.14 is still not the high at all. Ironically I bet you it's much higher here in the US.

If you go to Weather Online website and check the Cesium-137 cloud forecast, you will see that incredibly large amounts of Cesium-137 are reaching the west coast of the US.

Weather Online - Cesium-137 Dispersion Forecast
edit on 12-4-2011 by windwaker because: Grammar

Yes, I know .14 or .15 is not that high, but just reporting that it did increase today above usual. And I am seriously doubting some of these websites posting maps of daily Japan geiger counter readings. Those readings are much lower than some of the readings I have seen taken in Tokyo area recently, not to mention my own recent readings.
edit on 12-4-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 673  674  675    677  678  679 >>

join