It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 671.htm
<< 668  669  670    672  673  674 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437
reply to post by zorgon

Well the GoJ (Edano et. al.) just threw a sizeable portion of their population under the bus. I swear if this mother****er lives through this I am personally going to stab him and his cronies in the ****ing skull. There is no fuel for their cars FFS- how the hell are they going to leave... walk?? Oh wait they can hop an irradiated horse! Problem solved TEPCO style!

Lets hope that some independent journalists are able to capture video of this exodus and expose the heartless asshats at Tepco for what they really are.

Yeah, level 7 now, we lie to you, you should leave now, we not help you, you on you own.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves

Originally posted by IDBIT
At last it has gone main stream, yes people are waking up!

"Japan ups nuke crisis severity to match Chernobyl"

news.yahoo.com...

Unfortunately they have this story along with that one in their top 10 or so headlines today

Chernobyl tours offered 25 years after blast

Book your trip today link

Do you want lies with that?

www.bbc.co.uk...

BBC saying that it is only 1/10th radiation as Chernobyl!

My Concern is that TEPCO has been warping the truth since day 1. So if they are admitting a Level 7 we here at ATS all know that TEPCO knows something far more serious is about to happen!!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
A couple days ago somebody asked about military exercises going on ......
This could be it.. don't get scared.

blog.dhs.gov...

Beginning today, and continuing through this weekend, thousands of first responders and law enforcement officers from 150 agencies in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut will participate in a five-day, full-scale exercise to evaluate the Securing the Cities (STC) program, a DHS-funded effort to protect New York City and other major metropolitan areas against the threat of illicit radiological andnuclear weapons and materials.

Department of Homeland Security link>>

www.dhs.gov...

edit on 11-4-2011 by rbrtj because: added link

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by amarenell

"What is the CORE from reactor 3 doing to the bedrock below the plant?" Is it turning it into a mini-volcano? Is it destabilizing the already unstable seismic plates? Does anyone have any idea what might be happening?

well any guess on my part would be that, just a guess...I do feel that it would not doubt destabilize the area...add to that the tons upon tons of water that has leaked out into the soil under said plants, saturating the soil to a level that has to be getting pretty soft already....does not bode well

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Hello to all.... long long time lurker...first time poster...joined specifically for this.

I would like to say thank you for the wealth of real time information...and knowledge that has been generated in this thread, it never ceases to amaze me what this website is capable of...

I would like to know...there were pictures of guys infront of robot cameras, similar to the rovs of bp when the oil thing was going on; we...the public had access to those cameras on bp's website.... is there some similar link to these cameras, so we can see, or watch whats going on?

Then i wondered, its pretty nice and bright in some of those cameras (in the pic a few pages back) where exactly are these robots working? Surely those are not in the same reactors of which we all are concerned with...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

Um, they did that last week.

Some people on other threads said they apparently manned checkpoints and everything. Big Brother, one step closer to your front door...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The good news is that even in the grim face of slow pervasive nuclear doom and a bunch of swindling 'leaders' in industry and government , some of the people of Japan are simply not sliding quietly into that good night:

edit on 11-4-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I read somewhere yesterday (sorry not sure I can find it), that
the New Madrid drill will now take place in May, I think it said
around the middle of May.

Thanks for the link - lots of military drills close together, not
good.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

They should be planning for this and having these drills, the radiation from Japan has nothing to do with the threats that motivate this... They are preparing for the inevitable. Can't be stopped now, so the best option is to be as prepared for it as they can be.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

BBC saying that it is only 1/10th radiation as Chernobyl! Man I thought it was a lot more then that.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

Ok the person who asked on here was last week and I had no clue.
I just happened to check out the sight for HLS and noticed it.
April 5th until this weekend ?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

NISA says est release of radiation from Fukushima is 10% of the Chernobyl disaster.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT. And it's not a level 7 either right? Oh wait... it is now... weeks after we said it was.

Heroes and realists found among the brave "Fukushima 700"

A man in his 40s, who was dispatched to Fukushima No. 1 from a partner of the plant's operator, Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO), said, "I did not want to go there. But if I reject the request, I will lose my job."

The daily pay is less than 20,000 yen ($236).

"I hear some construction workers were employed at a wage of several tens of thousands of yen per hour. But we are working on a conventional daily wage as our company has had cooperative relationships with TEPCO," the man said.

So freaking what you lose your job? There's other jobs. You're not ``risking your life`` here... you're being killed, slowly. And for nothing.

Radiation risks from Fukushima ‘no longer negligible’

contamination in Europe are no longer “negligible,” according to CRIIRAD [Commission de Recherche et d'Information Indépendantes sur la Radioactivité], an independent French research body on radioactivity. …

The document, published on 7 April, advises against consuming rainwater and says vulnerable groups such as children and pregnant or breastfeeding women should avoid consuming vegetables with large leaves, fresh milk and creamy cheese.¸

The risks related to prolonged contamination among vulnerable groups of the population can no longer be considered “negligible” and it is now necessary to avoid “risky behaviour,” CRIIRAD claimed. …

NHK announcer again telling people to brace for quake Chiba, Ibaraki and Kanagawa.

Again.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IDBIT

BBC saying that it is only 1/10th radiation as Chernobyl!

that is such BS!!!

ok just a quick look

they said releases of 10,000 TBq / hr for several hours...(knowing Tepco it was many hours)

1 TBq ~ 27 curies
270,000 curies/hr

just 8 hours would be 2,160,000 curies (somebody check my math to make sure)

most reports say Chernobyl was 50 million curies total

Cesium-137 levels of 3.26 million becquerels per square meter 40 kilometers northwest of the Fukushima plant

compare to most reports of Chernobyl 550,000 becquerels per square meter of Cesium-137

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

Yeah, I think it ended on Saturday.

I'm expecting the "real" emergency to happen "any time now".

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Jrosh

Welcome to ATS

we...the public had access to those cameras on bp's website.... is there some similar link to these cameras, so we can see, or watch whats going on?

nope as hard as this is to say BP has TEPCO beat in providing cams to watch with

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Something I found that helps put things into perspective. My thoughts will be at the bottom of the quotes I wish to comment on; link to source at the bottom. My appologizes for it being so long but this thread is incredibly long. I myself kept up until page 400 and something and now I read what I can. I want to put information in one post that can simply I guess for lack of a better word 'wake up' people who might be reading this site and have not grasped the immensity of all of this.

Only one Chernobyl reactor blew, and it was only three months old with relatively little radiation. It burned out of control for only 10 days. Fukushima's have been operating for 40 years, and would hold about 30 times more radiation than Chernobyl.
Using common sense alone you can see this situation is far worse than Chernobyl.

Any exposure above natural (non ionizing) background radiation causes diseases which would have been preventable.

Most Common Diseases From Ionizing Radiation: * leukemia * lymphoma * solid tumors or any organ * bone & blood disorders * lung cancer * breast cancer * endocrine disruption * reproductive abnormalities * accelerated aging process * birth defects * congenital malformations * kidney, liver damage. These diseases and mutations don't stop with us. If ionizing radiation enters our genes, not only does it cause irreversible damage to this generation, but to future generations, as evidenced by children being born years after Chernobyl.
"No immediate harm" (The statement Tepco loves to use so much keeps coming into my head. Take a look at ANY of the medical issues above show me one that comes on right away.

The amount of natural Cosmic radiation we are exposed to in our daily lives is about 1 millisievert per year. Recently the Japanese Chief Cabinet Secretary admitted that 1,500 millisieverts, per hour, were spewing from Fukushima.

According to the World Nuclear Association Fifty millisieverts is the lowest cumulative annual dose for which there is evidence of radiation-related cancer in adults. When you ingest or inhale radioactive material it can go anywhere in your body and will stay there. Can that amount really be compared to a CT scan or X ray? In the 1950's researched showed that a single pelvic X-ray of a pregnant woman would double the rate of childhood leukemia in the unborn baby! If that X-ray were given in the first 3 months of pregnancy, that risked increased 10 times higher. Just 2 abdominal X-Rays to a male increase the risk of his children developing leukemia. CT scans are considerd to be low risks from radiation, yet a 40 year old woman has a 1 in 270 chance of getting cancer from a CT scan, a 20 year old has a 2 in 270 chance.

In 1972 Dr Abram Petkau discovered that low levels of radiation, over a longer period of time, were more damaging than higher doses over a short period of time.
Once again, "No immediate danger".

Dr Ernest Sternglass of University of Pittsburg presented the following infant mortality rate for the Pacific states, following chernobyl fallout in May 1986, just one month after Chernobyl: * May 1986 54% increase infant mortality in Washington state * May 1986 48% increase infant mortality in California compared to previous June * June 1986 245% increase deaths per thousand live births in Washington state * June 1986 900% increse infant mortality rate per live births in Massachusetts

Now is the time to start taking care of our bodies more than ever before. The levels may be low but that is not okay. Think of the half lives on all this stuff..
Source

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jrosh

Hello to all.... long long time lurker...first time poster...joined specifically for this.

I would like to say thank you for the wealth of real time information...and knowledge that has been generated in this thread, it never ceases to amaze me what this website is capable of...

I would like to know...there were pictures of guys infront of robot cameras, similar to the rovs of bp when the oil thing was going on; we...the public had access to those cameras on bp's website.... is there some similar link to these cameras, so we can see, or watch whats going on?

Then i wondered, its pretty nice and bright in some of those cameras (in the pic a few pages back) where exactly are these robots working? Surely those are not in the same reactors of which we all are concerned with...

I assume you are talking about this image:

That is from a cleanup operation where they are using remote control equipment to gather up debris around the damaged Fukushima reactors, the debris came from the hydrogen explosions that blew apart some of the reactor structures, if you look close you'll see where they are placing the debris in containers and removing it for disposal... Apparently it is extremely radioactive.

There are no "live feeds" yet of this operation (like the BP disaster) and given Tepco's control over news and information, don't expect there to be any live feeds of this... Though if they care at all about public opinion, they should do this and be as open as possible.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy

Welcome to ATS

nope as hard as this is to say BP has TEPCO beat in providing cams to watch with

Thanks for the reply...

Its sad that transparency is lacking huge in the moneybags of this time....not that it would help them at this point...would be nice to have a look see at what they can see, but we can not...

edit on 11-4-2011 by Jrosh because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2011 by Jrosh because: edit to fix...and to add reason

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I assume you are talking about this image:

Thanks for your reply, and the additional information...yes this is the picture that i am talking about
edit on 11-4-2011 by Jrosh because: to fix...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bitbytebit
reply to post by rbrtj

Kind of irresponsible of you to post that without context.

the FAQ question was: Are there any groups of people that should be especially sensitive to radiation?

The answer is: Infants, pregnant women and women who are breastfeeding are particularly sensitive to radiation. However, levels being measured now are still many times below the risk for even these groups, even for people who drink rainwater. Drinking water levels are many times below this. At this time, there is no need to take extra precautions with regard to drinking water.

link

I know you will say that technically you were correct, but someone just reading your post and not the link might get the wrong idea. There are already people refusing to give their kids milk now, we don't need them to dehydrate their kids.

edit on 11-4-2011 by bitbytebit because: (no reason given)

So, if you ingest the "still many times below the risk even for these groups" amount, but you do it consistently for the next 30 years (the half life of the cesium in question, which is actually a much shorter time span than the other radioactive particles here) how little risk is there really?

new topics

top topics

<< 668  669  670    672  673  674 >>

join