It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 670.htm
<< 667  668  669    671  672  673 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by arufon
i actually know one of the "firemen" who sprayed water on the Chernobyl inferno.
he's alive and well with no apparent issues from his proximity to the burning reactor.
of course, all the people who were there weren't quite so lucky.

Yes that was made clear in the return to Chernobyl. It seems some people have a high tolerance to radiation... but that team had a high death rate from stroke and heart attack... a curious factor not yet fully understood. Seems scientists have genetically engineered mice to be immune to radiation (not sure to what level) It was posted some time back

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
UPDATE Evacuation Zone expanded

Okay NHK has the Edamo press release...

Fukushima evacuation zone expanded

The Japanese government has expanded its current 20-kilometer evacuation zone around the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant due to the risks associated with long-term radiation exposure.

Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano told reporters on Monday that residents in the expanded zone have been asked to evacuate within about a month.

Edano said annual exposure in the zone is expected to be above 20 millisieverts. The worldwide average exposure from the natural environment is 2.4 millisieverts.

The expanded zone includes Katsurao Village, Namie Town, Iitate Village and some parts of Kawamata Town and Minami Soma City.

Edano added that the government will consult with local municipalities. The residents do not have to evacuate immediately.

People in the areas between 20 and 30 kilometers from the plant are now asked to stay indoors or voluntarily evacuate.

Edano said that residents in other areas of the 30-kilometer zone will be asked to prepare for an emergency evacuation. He also said they will need to evacuate on their own. Vulnerable people, such as the handicapped, should be prepared for any contingency.

Edano urged that children, pregnant women, nursing care recipients and inpatients stay away from the areas, adding that kindergartens, elementary and junior high schools in the area will remain closed.

Monday, April 11, 2011 20:13 +0900 (JST)

www3.nhk.or.jp...

"He also said they will need to evacuate on their own. Vulnerable people, such as the handicapped, should be prepared for any contingency."

So they are on their own

edit on 11-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

So, on their own....wonder who's going to scan, and give them the "required" radiation free pass to get into other places.....jerks! They've just made the press release, that they've added to the mass of "walking dead".

Des

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Well the GoJ (Edano et. al.) just threw a sizeable portion of their population under the bus. I swear if this mother****er lives through this I am personally going to stab him and his cronies in the ****ing skull. There is no fuel for their cars FFS- how the hell are they going to leave... walk?? Oh wait they can hop an irradiated horse! Problem solved TEPCO style!

THIS is what the hell I have been trying to get across to my friends since day 1..... Yes this is a Japanese problem with consequences outside of Japan but this can happen ANYWHERE. This wasn't the Hand of God or a natural disaster this is MAN MADE and anything man creates is imperfect. There is no room for imperfection when you are dealing with the very fires of creation itself.
edit on 11-4-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDBIT
Don't Worry Everythings going to be ok : -

Situation in Fukushima nuke plant improving every day: U.S. commander
NEW YORK, April 11, Kyodo

Adm. Robert Willard, commander of the U.S. Pacific Command, said Monday he views the situation at the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant in disaster-hit northeast Japan as improving day by day.

english.kyodonews.jp...

That's civilian speak for SNAFU.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starling
Look what page we're on.........
Third line.

The mods should make it skip that page number on the threads for the christians!

And the number 13 for all the triskadekaphobians!

Of course, then all the tin-foil hatters on here would scream conspiracy.

ETA: Did I leave anyone out? HAARPists? Nibiru-nauts? Trolls? I'm an equal opportunity tongue-sticker-outer.

edit on 11-4-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by duggedup
reply to post by rbrtj

It's a little creepy that picture of the plant fire is on page 666. Running into the other room for my garlic necklace.

Why? Are you expecting radioactive fire-breathing vampire to attack you?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Procharmo
reply to post by bitbytebit

That link only refers to iondine 131. Other isotopes can have effects on the body in smaller amounts. they require different testing techniques which these guys apparently aren't using!

You don't expect them to test for the really dangerous stuff do you?

That would be downright sensible of them!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Whats wrong with some charter buses to get those people out?? That's like a no brainer.. I'm sure they have tons too i mean this is Japan we're talking about.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437
reply to post by zorgon

Well the GoJ (Edano et. al.) just threw a sizeable portion of their population under the bus. I swear if this mother****er lives through this I am personally going to stab him and his cronies in the ****ing skull. There is no fuel for their cars FFS- how the hell are they going to leave... walk?? Oh wait they can hop an irradiated horse! Problem solved TEPCO style!

THIS is what the hell I have been trying to get across to my friends since day 1..... Yes this is a Japanese problem with consequences outside of Japan but this can happen ANYWHERE. This wasn't the Hand of God or a natural disaster this is MAN MADE and anything man creates is imperfect. There is no room for imperfection when you are dealing with the very fires of creation itself.
edit on 11-4-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

Given the nature of the aerosol release, and it's extended time frame this has gone far beyond simply being a local Japanese problem. The industry is heavily behind this MOX 'solution' to what they are going to do with about 40 tons of plutonium , and they simply do not care about the danger consider this quote :

Even so, studies show that a nuclear meltdown and containment failure in a reactor that holds mox would result in more cancer deaths than one in a reactor fueled only with uranium.

In 2001, Dr. Lyman, a Cornell-trained physicist who has led the battle against mox, published a detailed study in the journal Science & Global Security that concluded the fuel could produce up to 30 percent more cancer deaths. Energy Department officials do not dispute that there would be additional health consequences, but they see them as less severe than the critics have predicted. In any event, they argue, a major release of plutonium would require an accident so severe that the additional health effects would amount to a “sliver on top of a mountaintop.”

“It’s not that significant — 10 percent or less,” said Kenneth Bromberg, the department’s assistant deputy administrator for fissile materials disposition.

"... In any event, they argue, a major release of plutonium would require an accident so severe that the additional health effects would amount to a “sliver on top of a mountaintop.” ...." I guess he is implying that if plutonium starts flying people are simply totally screwed , period.

and the MOX rods originally tested at duke 'grew' abnormally which caused them to stop testing the stuff ( the reason this is a problem is that when they grow they may end up 'deformed' and could make complete cold shut down impossible in the event of an emergency)

But the Union of Concerned Scientists and Friends of the Earth, which oppose the MOX program, called it a potentially serious defect that could deform the fuel assembly and interfere with the ability to shut down the reactor. They say the fuel assemblies should be redesigned and retested, a process they say could take another eight years. Read more:
www.heraldonline.com...

It also leads me to consider that all those cameras and remote equipment, are probably being used so that they can clean up the stuff blasted out of three. Does that blue box not look to be about the size and shape of some of the stuff going out on the barge? perhaps with a body or two stacked on top. It would seem keeping the MOX /plutonium discharge "off the radar" is of very high priority

This statement has been floated around a bit and is very telling, also contradictory to evidence

“Mox was not the cause of that accident, and the consequences of it have not been impacted by mox,” said David Jones, a vice president at Areva, which has been providing on-the-ground assistance in Japan. There is no clear evidence that plutonium has been released by the mox-loaded Japanese reactor; small traces found at the site could have come from other sources or from the site’s other reactors.

How anyone could look at those those four reactors and not think that three clearly had something extra going wrong with it is full crap . seriously it blew stuff over 600m in the air and now appears to be melting the building , that's not happening at one or four ...but I am sure it's not the MOX

On another note the webcam image does not match the cryptome pic . Where is the floating water barrier in the web cam image?

which leads me to :

Why is the floating sea barrier there ? because it sure looks like it is keeping the radiated outflow water from being pulled into the intakes ...which means they are still pumping radiation into the ocean

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I just have a questions did anybody think that that blue flash that went off before the recent earthquake was heard please add info.

Link below of earthquake in progress

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackBauer
Whats wrong with some charter buses to get those people out?? That's like a no brainer.. I'm sure they have tons too i mean this is Japan we're talking about.

Well, they have no place to put them for one. Betcha Tepco's insurance won't pay for it...remember Tepco is not liable for freak acts of nature in the 1961 treaty on liability in nuclear disasters. So they've adopted the "new" policy of saying..."yeppers, you should leave, pretty soon too, but you're on your own Bubba".

ETA...who would decontaminate all those buses eh?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Wow that is just crazy.

You know, TEPCO could at least take the $12/person they offered earlier and rent some busses to get people the hell out of there.

These people just suck.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by zorgon

So, on their own....wonder who's going to scan, and give them the "required" radiation free pass to get into other places.....jerks! They've just made the press release, that they've added to the mass of "walking dead".

Des

I agree with you Des. What a travesty!

The citizens that dutifully stayed indoors for a month with no running water, electricity and food and now being abandoned!

During the last month does anyone know if the Japanese authorities have been dropping off food and water and blankets to these loyal people?

How are they getting the message to evacuate out? At the very least they could request that they leave and if they need help to tie something white to something outside their dwelling, each “flag” could equal the number of people that need help relocating.

This is beyond belief and acceptable behavior for a civilized country.

Rant Over

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
At last it has gone main stream, yes people are waking up!

"Japan ups nuke crisis severity to match Chernobyl"

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Evacuating on their own is going to present a huge problem for so many people. They have been sitting, stewing in this radiation now. How likely do you think it is that they will be denied access to most shelters because they won't pass the radiation-free screening (or their belongings) and get a certificate to get in? Odds are highly likely.

This area is probably so radiated that they can't find volunteers to go in and help people leave. I hope they get out sooner rather than later. Is this the government's way of saying don't worry - it's too late - wait 30 days if you need to? Or do they think these people have a chance in 30 days?

This is so awful. I hope the people in the next level out decide to go ahead and evacuate on their own now. Eventually it will be like a leper colony where no one will take them. The same with products produced from this region (and probably an even broader region) of Japan. This is so very sad that they have been given the fend for yourself but leave notice.

Great work today everyone. Thanks to all...truly.

On a side note (and update from a.m. post) It kept raining here today and my kids' track meet was canceled. I never thought I would be grateful for lighting that kept the outdoor school sports from proceeding. I know they would have been fine by all "official" accounts, but the thought of them standing for hours in pouring (higher radiation level than allowed for drinking water rain in the U.S.) has us parental types spooked.

And the military needs to review their situation reports on Japan more frequently so they can understand what is and isn't going on over there. To praise a government and company that have begun to widely admit their own deathly mistakes in a detailed press release out of the blue like that is just embarrassing. I honestly have to question those motives and those statements alone make me very, very nervous for what "end game" the U.S. expects.
edit on 11-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Hi and hello to all the people who might know.

I have asked the questions earlier in this thread, and I have created a threadhere to ask

"What is the CORE from reactor 3 doing to the bedrock below the plant?"

Is it turning it into a mini-volcano? Is it destabilizing the already unstable seismic plates? Does anyone have any idea what might be happening?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
There are threads now with links saying this is now

officially a Level 7 event...

IMO it's Tepco using the recent earthquake to cover their past lies..
You guys have been calling it a 7 for ages..

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDBIT
At last it has gone main stream, yes people are waking up!

"Japan ups nuke crisis severity to match Chernobyl"

news.yahoo.com...

Unfortunately they have this story along with that one in their top 10 or so headlines today

Chernobyl tours offered 25 years after blast

Book your trip today link

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
Evacuating on their own is going to present a huge problem for so many people. They have been sitting, stewing in this radiation now. How likely do you think it is that they will be denied access to most shelters because they won't pass the radiation-free screening (or their belongings) and get a certificate to get in? Odds are highly likely.
I was wondering this myself.
And what happens to the radiation that these people are carrying in their effects and on their bodies when they leave the evacuation zone? Aren't they in effect going to spread the radiation wherever they go? Or is the spreading effect minimal?

top topics

<< 667  668  669    671  672  673 >>

join