It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 667.htm
<< 664  665  666    668  669  670 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

But WHAT was burning?

very good question...

but they won't tell us

why??

They can't handle the truth!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bitbytebit

My hope was they wouild read the facts...did you read the entire article?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Sorry, updating on the run between work crap and messed up the link, happens to the best of us sometimes, even those of us as perfect as you.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bitbytebit

That link only refers to iondine 131. Other isotopes can have effects on the body in smaller amounts. they require different testing techniques which these guys apparently aren't using!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

What was on fire? and didn't the local fire department have to leave all their equipment behind.
That really sucked.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj
www.tepco.co.jp...
nothing showing on Tepco cam like smoke or great balls of fire.

Okay this looks like we are at sea level looking at the intake for #2 and that stream of smoke is from the window of #2??? Need to try to compare that area to other photos. No luck on the video yet

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well, they've been prepping us all day saying they are considering moving it to level 7, what we've known for weeks is now official.

The Japanese government's nuclear safety agency has decided to raise the crisis level of the Fukushima Daiichi power plant accident from 5 to 7, the worst on the international scale.

Source:

www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

compare it to the pic here...
I can't get the pic to upload atm..

pic

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

cryptome.org...
Latest pictures as of today.....
pictures after news conference very interesting....

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

could they be so blurry because of the heat???

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog
It is three level 7s at least, probably moving to 3 level 8s. Add the spent fuel pool, level 9!

My bad... I jumped the gun

link   
More info on the fire.

english.kyodonews.jp...

Tokyo Electric Power Co. said the fire occurred at the sampling building near a water outlet at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant's No.4 reactor and was spotted by a worker.

link   
reply to post by rbrtj

They even have a picture of the remote contol camera that flew over the place....
I also saw black smoke in one of the photos.
I don't know how to post it. sorry.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

TEPCO says fire out at battery storage bldg near Fukushima-1 reactors 1-4. No effect to reactors, water cooling continues. Then again this does come from TEPCO where every day is opposite day.

Source

Fire is (supposedly) out. This quote is really self-explanatory - we only have the info that TEPCO feeds us for now, and what they're saying is that the fire did not have any effect on the reactors, it was in a nearby battery storage building. What caused it... who knows?
edit on 11-4-2011 by pforkp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

Picture 5 and 6 after picture of the remote control camera right side by bushes is black smoke???? coming out of what use to be a window or blast hole.
edit on 11-4-2011 by rbrtj because: right side not left big picture small screen

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

please tell me you made that and they didn't jsut show that on NHK???

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by pforkp

TEPCO says fire out at battery storage bldg near Fukushima-1 reactors 1-4. No effect to reactors, water cooling continues. Then again this does come from TEPCO where every day is opposite day.

Source

Fire is (supposedly) out. This quote is really self-explanatory - we only have the info that TEPCO feeds us for now, and what they're saying is that the fire did not have any effect on the reactors. What caused it... who knows?

OK now we know what building is..... cool errrr that mean they crossed wires and made another mess?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

yeah i know is that a joke

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy
reply to post by zorgon

please tell me you made that and they didn't jsut show that on NHK???

As per an earlier post by someone. Zorgon should have said "This is a spoof"

I think this will get an extra level for multiple reactors and another for multiple fuel pools and one more Level when Godzilla wakes up... you know he's coming by the earthquakes. That would make Level 11

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

No problem, we're all building knowledge here and I love to be motivated to learn more.

Usually pixelation has a very "structured" pattern and this is from the compensation algorithms that essentially are designed to boost contrast. I don't know the exact formulas, but they always appear in specific ways on the grid, depending on the pixel aspect. When you look at the degradation of the drone image it has far too many complexities and shifts imo. The camera's CMOS (sensors) trying to heavily compensate so you do see some of that, but then you get these weird almost phasing zones going and contrast errors in unlikely alignments. The only thing I could think of was radiation, it's the only thing I know that could effect a camera this way, besides extreme heat, and even that looks a bit different than this.

I've equalized the image and you can see, even more of these effects. For a high definition camera to be effected this dramatically I can only imagine the dose must be very high.

edit on 11-4-2011 by Wertwog because: (no reason given)

That fallen down structure reminds me of the objects in this picture:

Plutonium-uranium mixed oxide (MOX) fuel rods are placed in a storage pool at the No. 3 reactor of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant in Fukushima Prefecture, northern Japan, in this picture taken August 21, 2010. Operators of the earthquake-crippled nuclear plant in Japan again deployed military helicopters on March 17, 2011, in a bid to douse overheating reactors, as U.S. officials warned of the rising risk of a catastrophic radiation leak from spent fuel rods. A 9.0 magnitude earthquake and tsunami hit Japan on March 11.

Cryptome

top topics

<< 664  665  666    668  669  670 >>

join