It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 656.htm
<< 653  654  655    657  658  659 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

EPA Website is HERE

EPA Lab Analysis

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Redneck,

I'm one state east of you (Georgia) and was wondering, do you have access to a geographical counter? Have you been taking readings in your area? If so, can you post them?

F

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Fukushima just got hit with another quake- 4.7 magnitude.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonbeams771

Thanks for the links. We have to remember that the EPA has established new levels that they are calling "intervention levels."

And just how do they know this is a short-term event? I have real trust issues going on with these agencies based on recent moves they have made like the above and below. Just like Japan has an interest in protecting their commercialized products and services...so too do other governments. It's all about the money unfortunately.

Elevated levels of radioactive material in rainwater have been expected as a result of the Japanese nuclear incident. Since radiation is known to travel in the atmosphere - precipitation data collected in several states show elevated levels of radiation in recent precipitation events. In all cases these are levels above the normal background levels historically reported in these areas. While short-term elevations such as these do not raise public health concerns – and the levels seen in rainwater are expected to be relatively short in duration - the U.S. EPA has taken steps to increase the level of monitoring of precipitation, drinking water, and other potential exposure routes to continue to verify that.

Link

Emphasis added.

I don't know who they are consulting, but someone should let them know that Fukushima is proving to be a very long-term nuclear crisis...with no end in sight based on their own admissions and based on the continuing seismic and volcanic activity.

Thanks for the links. I really needed an interpreter of their processes on-going, more than numbers There has been evidence uncovered in this thread already that a test sample was pulled from results when they didn't show ND by Berkley with questionable rationals on their part. Like I said, trust issues. Thanks for the help!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
MSM has picked up Japan again on the local stations.

Fox local this morning reported this:

Arkansas milk 300 percent above EPA's maximum contaminant level 11-days ago

Milk from Little Rock… contained the highest levels of Iodine-131 from Japan yet detected by the Environmental Protection Agency, according to data released by EPA Saturday. …

[T]he Little Rock sample is [8.9 picoCuries per liter,] almost three times higher [than the EPA’s maximum contaminant level (MCL)].

Nonetheless, the EPA does not consider the milk dangerous because the MCL is set for long-term exposure…

The EPA’s MCL for iodine-131 is 3 picoCuries per liter.

Also Philadelphia's drinking water is a concern in the report.
Source

This test was done at least 11 days ago based on the link info. I imagine we will see more of these reports now. I am buying powdered milk today.

The anchor's quote regarding the EPA not considering the milk dangerous because the MCL is set for long-term exposure was, "Ya, but who wants to drink THAT?" She is a mother and sees the warning signs too.

Also...the weirdest thing....the traffic cams this morning had an intense rainbow colorization on everything in the rain we are getting. I have NEVER seen this affect before on the cams. Is this related to the higher radiation in rainfall? Could it create this affect?

On a heavier note: my kids run their first track meet of the season today...in the RAIN. Suddenly my insides are screaming, "NO...I don't want the rain to touch them." How crazy is that???

Thanks for all on this thread. Caught up in record time this morning on reading.

Nucleardoom I am so sorry about the loss of your father. I lost mine two months ago to pancreatic cancer that hit him out of nowhere. I am so sorry for your loss. Stay strong.

ETA: It should not take 11 days or longer to get this report out to citizens.
edit on 11-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: Fixed that linkey thing...maybe.

Oh it's not a problem it's only temporarily above our maximum levels, it's fine, drink up. Sorry what were these levels for then? If government guidelines are only suggestions now, then I guess paying my taxes is only a suggestion and I should stop listening. Sounds like they already changed the limit before changing the limit, seeing as their "maximum" is useless, which makes their big book of guidelines 100% useless as well. Good work EPA. They got "fringe" division working the case. Workin the milk files.....

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
Editors Note: We are well aware that the EPA levels are gauged for yearly exposure but the idea that it is somehow safe to be way above accepted levels for at least 2 weeks is ludicrous.

New EPA milk samples in Hawaii show radiation in milk at 800% above limits for C-134, 633% above limits for C-137 and 600% above EPA maximum for I-131 for a total of 2033%, or 20.33 times, above the federal drinking water limits.

Wait a second:
The author of that article has really sucky reasoning behind that math. You can't just combine all of the items that are over the limit to come up with a new limit, (8xC-134)+(6.33xC-137)+(6xI-131) DOES NOT EQUAL 2033% that is really poor logic. This is enough to discredit the article without even clicking the link in my books.
edit on 11-4-2011 by TheLastStand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
omg there being honest, im so scared

www.youtube.com.../u/12/vsHpQRW7TTk

... starting at least ...
edit on 11-4-2011 by xxcatcatcatxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by xxcatcatcatxx

That is hilarious! That is a really extreme montreal accent going on there.... I can't watch the whole thing though it drags on a little too much --> kind of like this disaster I think that's why they are doing what they are doing because a disaster in slow motion is much easier to go unnoticed.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
New update this morning on the RSOE EDIS site. I think this line says it all.

Engineers at the damaged Fukushima Daiichi plant north of Tokyo said on Sunday they were no closer to restoring the plant's cooling system which is critical if overheated fuel rods are to be cooled and the six reactors brought under control.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

That's right people. One month into this mess and they are no closer to restoring the plants cooling system than they were at the start.

This is still a very critical situation but you would not know it by speaking to the average person here in America. I was talking to some people about this last night and they were under the impression that it was all under control now since they have not heard much about it in the MSM.

The report also states that they are finally going to extend the evacuation zone around the plant. It's about 3 weeks too late in my opinion. Many people living within 30km will end up dying from cancer in the years to come because of TEPCOs incompentence.

Japan plans to extend the evacuation zone around its crippled nuclear plant because of high radiation levels, local media reported on Monday

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Good Morning Friends...so a month later, they figure this out. Why do they only put on their thinking caps, after Mama Nature, slaps them upside the head again. I keep hearing that tune to a children's song in my head...

The wheels on the bus, go round and round....but, this time...it's the KARMA bus...

(Reuters) - Japan has ordered nuclear plant operators to put in place new safety measures by April 28 in addition to steps imposed late last month that are soon due for checks by authorities to confirm implementation, the trade ministry said, as another series of aftershocks on Monday jolted the eastern region.

The order came after a 7.4 magnitude aftershock on Thursday, the biggest since the deadly March 11 quake, had temporarily disabled all three power lines supplying offsite power to Tohoku Electric Power Co's Higashidori plant, which has been shut for regular maintenance since February.

The ministry's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency (NISA) on Saturday ordered nuclear power companies to install at least two emergency diesel engines even at reactors that are not in operation and are kept at low temperatures, such as at the Higashidori plant. www.reuters.com...

A nuclear fuel reprocessing plant in Rokkasho, Aomori Prefecture, also lost all outside power and is operating on emergency diesel generators at the moment. No irregularities have also been reported at the Tokai Daini nuclear power plant in Ibaraki Prefecture. All these nuclear power plants had suspended power generating operations at their reactors after the March 11th earthquake and tsunami. www.democraticunderground.com...

Des
edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: sp

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Some drone photos from the Daiichi plant released

That drone either has the crappiest camera possible on it, or the radiation really messed with resolution and picture quality, or TEPCO only released the lowest quality photos on purpose. Which is it? Who knows. However, despite the awesomeness of the many people analyzing photos on this board, I think you're going to have your work cut out for you learning anything new from these pics. Good luck though! You can do it!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Photos I have not seen before. Some good ones taken April 10, up close of Fukushima You will need to go to link to view them all. Reactors are really starting to look like a cast wax sculpture melting in the sun...

This Sunday, April 10 image taken by T-Hawk drone aircraft and released by Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO) shows the damaged reactor building of Unit 4, left, of the tsunami-crippled Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant in Okuma town, Fukushima Prefecture, northeastern Japan. The American drone aircraft T-Hawk made by Honeywell was used by TEPCO to inspect hard-to-access areas of the plant. The drone can be operated from six miles (10 kilometers) away and transmit video and still images.

[Image]

This Sunday, April 10 image taken by T-Hawk drone aircraft and released by Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO) shows the damaged reactor building of Unit 3 of the tsunami-crippled Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant in Okuma town, Fukushima Prefecture, northeastern Japan. The American drone aircraft T-Hawk made by Honeywell was used by TEPCO to inspect hard-to-access areas of the plant. The drone can be operated from six miles (10 kilometers) away and transmit video and still images.

Japan's ambassador to Germany Takahiro Shinyo shows a graphic of readings at monitoring points out of the Fukushima nuclear power plant during a news conference about the situation in his country after last month's earthquake and tsunami, in the Japanese embassy in Berlin, April 11, 2011.

cryptome.org...

Des

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Aponi

Those overheads look like they were shot with a Kodak Instamatic using 110 film.

They're just about useless

#3 is showing more degradation of the structure however

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MedievalGhost
Fukushima just got hit with another quake- 4.7 magnitude. [/quoteearthquake.usgs.gov...[/url]

There have been a swarm of quakes off the east coast of Japan in the last 24 hrs, 6 in the last 12 hrs around Fukushima Daiichi
edit on 11-4-2011 by Tworide because: link

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshow
reply to post by Kailassa

"His verdict on nuclear power:
People make money from owning reactors. People who want to make money tell lies and don't care about other people. You can't make reactors safe when they are owned by liars who just want money and don't care about other people."

Wow, that came from someone with an IQ of 60? Interesting that it's the same exact opinion of several people on this board.

Well, it shows that when you're blatant enough EVERYONE knows what you're doing. That when you're smarter, you are also more prone to being manipulated by being told so many contradictory things that you're unwilling or unable to discern the truth anymore. Even when it is right in front of you.

Advertizing and the press work. That's why it is a multi-billion dollar industry.

It isn't a conspiracy, and it isn't stupid.

A public company's LEGAL reason to exist is to MAKE MONEY for their shareholders.

You don't get that people knowing that isn't an indication of fantasy thinking. That's the LAW.

When a company starts to be so bad that their profits are impacted by regressive taxation, fines, bad press THEN they are legally obligated to give a crap about it.

But if they can make people shut up and put up instead, because doing so MAXIMIZES PROFITS, they they are obligated to do so.

Their primary reason to exist is NOT to be nice to you. It is not to help you. It isn't to keep you healthy. It isn't to keep the air clean and the streets not dirty.

It is ONLY to make money. And if lying their asses off makes them more money than dealing honestly with a situation, then that is what they will do.
edit on 2011/4/11 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Aponi

Japan had a 6.4 today, is that a different one than the 4 pointer the other poster was talking about several posts back?
tsunami warning lifted.

They are admitting on the news no closer than a month ago to fixing the reactor problem, like someone else said.

expanding the evauation zone to 20 miles

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Aponi

Good link, thanks.

Why do they have remote controlled equipment if they are going to going to stand along side the things? I would think the cab of the equipment would more protection from radiation than the Tyvek suit.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MedievalGhost
Apparently all Japanese nuke plants are currently reporting no damage or power failures. I wonder how they could inspect everything in just 20 minutes?

Yeah, I was watching CNN when the quake happened, and within 12 minutes TEPCO reported "No change in radioactivity at the Fukushima plant, and no additional damage, workers have been temporarily evacuated because of tsunami warning." ... How did they do all of that in 12 minutes?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

The new patent pending TEPCO time machine?

des

new topics

top topics

<< 653  654  655    657  658  659 >>

join