It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 652.htm
<< 649  650  651    653  654  655 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnhancedInterrogator Not every country has that option, but I think it's well within the realm of possibility for Japan.

I wonder if any studies exist that if you tap off the heat, that you can cool down those volcanoes by lowering magma temperatures. Might not but I wonder if anyone has looked at it.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

In knighthood there is more than one level of honor... there comes a time to chose which is the more honorable decision... loyalty to the company? or loyalty to your own people. In my mind there is no contest

I wholeheartedly agree, sometimes you need to break rank no matter the consequences. There is no honor in killing your own.

My father passed away yesterday and as a result I'm around 20 pages behind. I wanted to take a moment to personally thank you all (once again) for contributing to this thread, especially your time, since no one has to do this, they're doing it because they care. This thread is a great distraction from the epic loss in my life.

It's going to be a long night of reading...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardoom

My condolences to you and your Family, losing a Father is one of the most significant losses anyone can experience.
Hope the extra negativity of the situation in Japan doesn't bring you down more, there is no good news here I'm afraid.

Regards

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

also #4 was described by AREVA as: " an open air melt down" , no video seems to have surfaced for it yet and it does seem to have some visibility issues , with good reason.... it was /is the most toxic region . and spells the most trouble for the nuclear industry as a whole ( and a HUGE IMPEDIMENT TO HUMAN LIFE in general)

"an open air melt down" (translation) - poolium - The apparent "official" definition to the new word CREATED by an ATS member. (Don't remember who originated it, so my apologies)

Speaking of poolium, does anyone remember seeing anything leaking or oozing out of #4? I remember the suspected poolium picture a couple hundred pages back of #4. Not sure if that material was ever confirmed to actually be melted pool rods or not. Anyone have any new pics or info?
edit on 11-4-2011 by Nucleardoom because: reworded post

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

edit on 11-4-2011 by rbrtj because: removed by me

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

edit on 11-4-2011 by rbrtj because: removed by me

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Hi all..... bare with me a little more
Practice makes perfect

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

I can't find my pictures of the various types of rock.
The Souma area is lime stone, but I can't say that nuke plant sets on it.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardoom

also #4 was described by AREVA as: " an open air melt down" , no video seems to have surfaced for it yet and it does seem to have some visibility issues , with good reason.... it was /is the most toxic region . and spells the most trouble for the nuclear industry as a whole ( and a HUGE IMPEDIMENT TO HUMAN LIFE in general)

"an open air melt down" (translation) - poolium - The apparent "official" definition to the new word CREATED by an ATS member. (Don't remember who originated it, so my apologies)

Speaking of poolium, does anyone remember seeing anything leaking or oozing out of #4? I remember a picture a couple hundred pages back of #4 with a breach in the wall with melted looking material coming down the wall. Not sure if that was proven to be false or not. Anyone have any pics or info?

wisconsinite: same as me ..hehehe..damn we're in trouble Arnie gots it

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by XRaDiiX

Originally posted by Chakotay
295 Billion US dollars to reconstruct Japan on CCTV right now...

Got no link yet...

Gott, they could have owned Mars.

edit on 11-4-2011 by Chakotay because: Even the Chinese hate this suffering in Japan...

Thats about 15 times NASA's Annual Budget Could have been on Mars Indeed and the Moon! With Bases!

hi, junior, almost everyone one of your posts are both neophyte , extremely stupid AND OFF TOPIC but ats hasn't kicked you yet, whereas they have kicked a strange but important contributor : Chakotay ( now restored ) so shall we dance, you and I ? ,

on a more important note the aerosol release from fukushima has been almost completely ignored, since the time scale has been weeks , the question is why?

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Do you guys know what it's like to explain to your kids that 'drinking milk' is coming to an end? Do you know what that look is on their face? Explaining to them that YES , we humans have drank milk for thousands of years, but now it's becoming too polluted slowly but surely, and that we will have to cut it off at least for a few months??? It's a NIGHTMARE. But it's reality and for the safety of my unborn grandchildren in the year 2025, I have no choice in this but to take these actions. Do you think I wanted this? Do you think I asked for this? You think I like this?? It's the worst thing that ever happened in my whole life. For those people who think I am crazy and over-reacting, get a grip! This is week 5 now. Fallout reached the US at least 3 weeks ago roughly. The milk production chain generally takes several weeks for milk to reach my shelf from the production point. That means that contaminated milk will start getting on the shelf any time now, if not already. You think I am crazy ? Go drink up. Chug that milk. But I am an adult and have responsibility for my children and their future health and our progeny of grand children and so on. I cannot in clear conscious allow them to drink something I know is becoming rapidly contaminated right before my eyes. Check the EPA studies or the various Universities or other Institutional Organizations studies. It's here folks. I am only taking the precautions that I know how to take. Trying to minimize their exposure as best as I can. I was in tears explaining reality to my child and why we need to take precautions due to this. She told me not to cry that it's ok she will stop drinking it. But how can I? How can I accept this in any way? 100% UNACCEPTABLE

I know EXACTLY where your coming from. I live in Wisconsin --THE home of milk & cheese-- and we've already switched to the dreaded powdered milk. I just can't trust their testing the milk thoroughly enough or even quickly enough to alert you if their is a problem. I have a complete lack of faith in our government and for damn good reason. All three kids hate it, and explaining why we have to drink it now was an added bonus.

And trust me convincing two teenage boys that this is a legitimate threat to their near and long term health is no picnic either. Thankfully my daughter is 6, so she doesn't tend to question if their is a real threat, instead she makes me put chocolate mix in it so it's drinkable. Milk is huge in this state and it's a complete travesty that your too damn scared to even drink it - unless your one of the millions with your head stuck in the sand.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Japan Set to Extend Nuclear Evacuation Zone: Reports

Japan plans to extend the evacuation zone around its crippled nuclear plant because of high radiation levels, local media reported on Monday, with engineers no closer to regaining control of six reactors hit by a giant tsunami one month ago.

Engineers at the damaged Fukushima Daiichi plant north of Tokyo said on Sunday they were no closer to restoring the plant's cooling system which is critical if overheated fuel rods are to be cooled and the six reactors brought under control.

The Asahi said the government would extend the zone to 30 kms in certain areas, depending on wind direction, and residents would be given a week to prepare for evacuation. The Japan Times said authorities would soon forcibly close the 20 km zone, stopping people returning to their shattered homes to pick through the rubble for belongings.

source

Maybe the Japanese government is finally going to take heed to the concerns of it's protesting citizens and the rest of the World.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

If the octopuses with interests in nuclear power have joined forces on the issue of information from Japan, between them they absolutely have control over the mass media, as no-one can stand up to them and survive financially. As consumers of media, our only importance to large media outlets is in the advertising we let ourselves be exposed to, as their income depends on the advertisers' measurements of advertising exposure. This is what ratings are all about. TV stations have to impress the advertisers with viewer numbers, and advertising rates are calculated on an expected per-capita basis. Your presence in front of your TV is a saleable item. To this end the media seeks to entertain viewers and lull them into unthinking complacency so they will just obediently sit their and not change channel or, even worse, get up off the couch and go do things. Truth is not part of this, because few people want to hear harsh truths, and telling them is counter-productive to all the media's objectives.

Great post - which got me to thinking about something along similar lines. I do hope that our friends at Fairewinds don't suddenly clam up or worse. Remember there is literally trillions of dollars invested in the nuclear power industry. That kind of money could warrant an untimely demise, such as finding yourself at the bottom of the river with some nifty-new concrete shoes.

edit on 11-4-2011 by Nucleardoom because: added quote

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I agree 100% with you and think that if the radiation keeps piling up we could have something to worry about, but, this has all happened before.

We have poisoned, willingly, our rivers and lakes so now children and pregnant women have to be careful on how much fish they eat. I have to restrict my children on their fish intake because of our greed and corruption, we should have flipped out at that point.

Screw all these monster companies that could care less about human life. What kind of people just let companies rule their lives.

This started a while ago...how did we let it go this far?

Pred...

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Excellent "science experiment" about the fuel rods of Fukushima Dai-ichi, by nuclear engineer Arnie Gundersen.

edit on 11-4-2011 by Wertwog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Woah. Huge aftershock right now in Tokyo. Building still shaking.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Terrifying new Japan tsunami video- please watch:

video link

The suddenness of the tsunami is amazing. At the very end of the video, a man in a blue jacket gets washed away as a man in a red jacket is trying to save him.

edit on 11-4-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Amen.

Want more info on the aerosolization of rods, particularly how high and how much. If aerosol Pu-238 bonds to cesium-137 we be in big trouble. It's here already.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Woah. Huge aftershock right now in Tokyo. Building still shaking.

Centered in Iwaki prefecture, 94 km (58 miles) from Fukushima city.

震度 6, Magnitude 7.1

Was a large one. Hope everything is ok down there.
edit on 11-4-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Yes, it was a magnitude 7.1...

Magnitude 7.1 - NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
2011 April 11 08:16:16 UTC

* Details
* Maps
* Tsunami

Earthquake Details

* This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude 7.1 (Preliminary magnitude — update expected within 15 minutes)
Date-Time

* Monday, April 11, 2011 at 08:16:16 UTC
* Monday, April 11, 2011 at 05:16:16 PM at epicenter

Location 36.915°N, 140.723°E
Depth 10 km (6.2 miles) set by location program
Region NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
Distances

* 23 km (14 miles) SW (223°) from Iwaki, Honshu, Japan
* 65 km (40 miles) NNE (19°) from Mito, Honshu, Japan
* 94 km (58 miles) SSE (166°) from Fukushima, Honshu, Japan
* 164 km (102 miles) NNE (32°) from TOKYO, Japan

Location Uncertainty Error estimate not available
Parameters NST= 16, Nph= 16, Dmin=228.7 km, Rmss=1.69 sec, Gp=137°,
M-type="moment" magnitude from initial P wave (tsuboi method) (Mi/Mwp), Version=1
Source

* West Coast and Alaska Tsunami Warning Center/NOAA/NWS

Event ID at00ljhaz3

Source: USGS

Only 94 km (58 miles) SSE from Fukushima...

edit on 11/4/11 by JustMike because: to add "ex" coding.

new topics

top topics

<< 649  650  651    653  654  655 >>

join