It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 638.htm
<< 635  636  637    639  640  641 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hack2011

Corium from unit #3 is still in the water table; corium doesn't disappear that fast. Wherever it is, it is producing massive amounts of radiation and heat. I know of only one place where it can do that and not cause another steam explosion... submerged underwater.

You notice I said 'another' steam explosion. We ascertained some time back that the explosion that damaged the #3 building was actually multiple explosions occurring simultaneously. One of those was a steam explosion which was powerful enough to seed the Jet stream with some radioactive isotopes... the same ones found later in minute quantities in North America.

If they are allowing #2 to sink into bedrock, there is a possibility of another steam explosion. It all depends on how much water hits the corium and how hot that corium is when it hits. In #3, the sinking produced no steam explosion, but the initial meltdown did; let's hope #2 doesn't produce one when it hits seawater.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

Actually you don't know how much radiation is in your milk.
Zero clue.

None of us have a clue. Zilch.

You don't know the odds of getting cancer either.
None of us know. Nadda.

Also, the chance of being hit by a meteorite is not as low as you assume.
Tell this car that the odds of being hit by a meteor are minuscule.

And the Peekskill meteor incident did in fact occur. I remember seeing it on the news when it happened. And it actually did slam into that car.

Also I have seen dozens of meteorite incidents in my short life so far. I have seen one during the day time that left a massive smoke trail that was visible 30+miles away (thats where the local news reported the meteor struck later that night on the tube).
I have seen a meteor explode mid-air at night, causing the entire sky to glow almost as if the Sun was coming up (even though it was around 3am). It also was extremely colorful with green and blue hues.
And then most of the rest of the sightings were just your basic tracers in the sky at night.

The point is, when dealing with totally random and 100% uncontrollable natural phenomena, such as meteorite crashes or extremely small radioactive particles, there is no way to know what the odds are. None.

It is far better to play the game of totally incalculable and unknowable chances safe than sorry.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
There is an all new big update from: hisz.rsoe.hu...

I am on my way to bed, so no quote this time from me, have to read it tomorrow.
But that should keep you going for a while....I think

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Radiation in Us Milk Safe reply to post by muzzleflash

Actually you don't know how much radiation is in your milk. Zero clue.

To the Contrary i do know this and i live farther from Fukishima than these areas. I live near the great lakes so i do know something you're incorrect.

www.albertafarmexpress.ca...
www.upi.com...

Here you go to ease your racing mind about the radiation risks of drinking milk in the immediate future

No I have ZERO needs to worry about X-rays or other scanning devices. WHY?

Hrm? i guess you'll skip wearing the lead vest then when having an X-Ray Ok you can do that but i'll wear the vest

edit on 9-4-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by XRaDiiX

You should be more worried about those scanners at the airports or for that matter; Flying on a plane. Or getting an X-Ray at the hospital

No I have ZERO needs to worry about X-rays or other scanning devices.
WHY?
Because I already avoided them like the plague!

But how can I avoid Earth-wide contamination? I CANT LOL!
This is why this whole thing is total BS.

Also the radioactive material within X-ray machines (and other similar radiological scanning devices) is Contained deep within the machinery and NEVER touches your body in any way.

But what happens if the containment is breached and that material gets out into the environment?

The Goiania Accident will disprove your silly X-ray comparisons entirely.

The Goiânia accident was a radioactive contamination accident that occurred on September 13, 1987, at Goiânia, in the Brazilian State of Goiás. Considered one of the worst nuclear disasters in history,[1] it took place after an old radiotherapy source was scavenged from an abandoned hospital site in the city. It was subsequently handled by many people, resulting in four deaths and radioactive contamination of 245 other people

Please read about this incident and educate yourself to the truth about these technologies and their repercussions when "containment" is breached.
Goiania Accident Wiki

It's an incredibly eye opening event.

And all that happened was some guys broke open the containment capsule inside the radiological medical device at the abandoned hospital.
And people died.
edit on 9-4-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck let's hope #2 doesn't produce one when it hits seawater.

So maybe that is the reason for the frantic concern to get that water out of #2 basement...

Also why the steel plates? Why not just turn off the intake?

edit on 9-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
Great suggestion Zorgon. They should have already done it. Waiting.....for.....their....(our)....results....(foot tapping)

You will have a long wait... your talking the same people who made space rocks classified

Military Hush-Up: Incoming Space Rocks Now Classified | Space.com
www.space.com...

So that means if Rednecks TEPCO killer asteroid is incoming, its Classified
edit on 9-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

I hear you. I'm just not sure that's "cool" anymore. Anybody else tired of being told what they can't know?

I think another fallout (sorry for the pun) of this disaster is people are finally getting fed up with the secrecy and the withholding of information from citizens that is imperative to their survival.

No...definitely not cool with me anymore. Might be time to send the memo a few of us have "Above Top Secret" need to know. I, for one, am tired of not having access to the amazing tech that they keep taking my money to pay for when we really need it (because the corporations our governments fall all over themselves to accommodate sure aren't the one's paying for this stuff in taxes.)

(foot still tapping...waiting for some nice NORAD person to realize...I ain't kidding.)

ETA: another thing that has reached critical mass is that because of places like ATS and other forums (are there others?) we have a place to compile and compare data and folks are seeing...all that has traditionally been hidden from them. I noted today while reading the opening remarks for this week's worldwide nuclear conference that this was their opening point to the assembled. They know we are watching and they have realized...it isn't business as usual. The depth of their secrecy has been uncovered.

Information is power...and we have more of it in collaboration...than has ever been possible in the past, right here and right now on this thread. It is our right to know and by what right do they and have they withheld it? The Japan earthquake was something...but it is nothing compared to the shaky ground our world leaders are standing on in the eyes of the informed public right now. Our numbers are growing...quickly. They better start talking.

We are and will be demanding a rethink of not only this industry, but the secrecy of operations that has pervaded nearly every multi-national conglomerate and transaction in our modern world.
edit on 10-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by XRaDiiX
Radiation in Us Milk Safe reply to post by muzzleflash

Actually you don't know how much radiation is in your milk. Zero clue.

To the Contrary i do know this and i live farther from Fukishima than these areas. I live near the great lakes so i do know something you're incorrect.

That's the levels of radiation in the milk they tested.
NOT in the milk in your Fridge!!!!

Please realize the complexity of the situation.

You cannot test 50 jugs of milk and "know" the content of the 5 billion jugs of milk you didn't test.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
i wonder how many lives have been lost or severely shortened by TEPCO's inept month of "stooges" busy work that has accomplished vertually nothing. what a sad,sad situation

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Spreading Fear and ignoring the links i sent you about the radiation levels detected in Milk being so miniscule in areas on the west coast where the most radiation in the populated areas of North America has been detected i see?

You can skip out on your milk but i know i won't!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Basically it talks about how people are returning to the evacuation zone, nothing technical about the plant or radiation levels.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
What is the diference between space radiation and Japan nuclear plant radiation in terms of fallout measurement in other parts of the world? Just a theory, but if a government wanted to hide increased space radiation hitting the surface of the Earth, could the nuclear accident fallout cloak an increase in space radiation passing through the atmosphere being measured? The answer is above my pay grade, but i just can't trust a government for truthful answers that uses spent uranium munitions in battle, and thinks it's ok.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Yes, I think that's the reason for the barges and the reason they are openly talking about dumping.

They have to seal off the intake line... if the condenser is damaged, there is no other way to keep water out. Every tide would simply bring in more water, and since they can't determine when the corium is coming through (assuming that it isn't already loose from the RPV), that is a huge chance to take. When it leaves the RPV, it is above the melting point of steel, plenty hot enough to flash any water it comes into contact with.

I'm guessing they have check valves or something similar on the outlet that would prevent water from getting in that direction.

TheRedbeck

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

hasnt slowed me down
having cocoa pebbles right now. mm mm

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Very well stated.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
vimeo.com...

Lauren Moret, says that due to Obama's clamping down on information and Harper going along with it, according to Norwegian findings, west coast, including BC, and various regions have intensified this week, which is something that kept coming to me, and the penguines with thyroid problems and feather loss are a very big sign of very real danger. Apparently the danger to the midwest US, California, west coast, western canada is as high as regions adjacent to Fukishima

Since it was all coming here, I hardly doubt this.

Since I believe that the paramilitary complex did this, and exhorted 60 trillion yen out of Japan, this is genocide and part of there ongoing nuclear war declared on world citizens for decades, amped up to serious levels.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I assume the only two reasons that it isn't uber-contaminated yet in North America are that we are super freaking lucky, and that the government has probably been doing secret cloud seeding operations to get at least 75% of this fallout material to come down into the Pacific before it reaches our continent. That's a theory but it appears reasonable imo.

Let me say this...yes I do think they have cloud seeded. They did so immediately.
This has its ups...mostly ups for the whole, as if they had not the West Coast would have had it worse off. Downs are that it has hit the west coast soaked over Californian and Washington, Oregon it rained solid after the explosions in Japan. Darkest cloulds I have ever seen in my life.

Thats a calculated risk...a decade ago it would have concentrated more radiaiton ...at least CA
but now CA is down in terms of the produce production as some fruit is canned in China.

Which is worse?

ETA : it all is just unimaginable.

@Muzzle, never seen you so riled, its understandable.
Its like 6 to 1 half a dozen to the other there is no winning here.
edit on 10-4-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by muzzleflash

You think I am crazy ? Go drink up. Chug that milk.

No, I don't think you are crazy. And I am actually drinking a glass of milk as I type this.

The thing is, these radiation readings so far in the US have been extremely low, so low that they actually pale compared to background radiation.

TheRedneck

This morning I was drinking coffee with milk, as I walked out to the car in the rain I saw drops hitting my coffee. for one brief instant I thought about dumping it but I didn't.

Then today I found a site that described a lot of the nuke testing we did in the 50's, there have been TONS of fallout clouds dropping on us, much worse than we have seen with this disaster (talking about the US not Japan). So I am no longer worried about radiation.

If people want to be scared and possibly scare their kids thats up to them, but in my opinion its warrantless. The big problem is spending too much time here, this thread just reinforces the fear. All the talk about radiation levels, speculation on explosions, dwelling on lying to the point where some people see lies in every single statement. Thats more harmful than the radiation in the US.

for some interesting reading and perspective nuke tests in nevada

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I haven't seen any posts or threads regarding this, but I have a serious question.

All of that debris that has been floating along, heading towards the west coast - hypothetically, lets say that a percentage of it ends up being contaminated with radiation. Even in small amounts, with the information we know thus far about what to expect in the coming weeks after the tsunami, would this have a cumulative effect on increasing the radiation levels around areas where contaminated debris makes landfall?

Think of the idiots who went out and played in the sand after the BP incident - I don't think it would be a crapshot to bet that people are going to be out digging in the sand for buried treasure or free PS3s when the debris starts to build up on the west coast...some people are inherently stupid.

Do you think that this is something we should go ahead and start wondering about now, or would it be a safe assumption that time spent on the water before landfall would reduce the dangers inherent with possible radiation contamination?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

You do realise the amount of Radiation detected in Milk Etc was lower than the background radiation we receive each day? Fear monger much?

what does one thing have to do with another?

how much naturally occuring background levels of Iodine-131 or Cesium-137 do we receive each day?

what is my thyroid dose of iodine-131 from this "background Radiation" your talking about?

whats going to be my Cumulative dose before this is all over?

you have any medical studies showing where long term cumulative dose of Cesium-137 is "safe"??

top topics

<< 635  636  637    639  640  641 >>

join