It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 632.htm
<< 629  630  631    633  634  635 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok
also #4 was described by AREVA as: " an open air melt down" ,

have a link to that report? I may have missed it... thanks

Onagawa

Radioactive water spilled at Onagawa nuclear plant in Miyagi
TOKYO, April 8, Kyodo

In all, water spilled or leaked at eight sections of the plant as a result of the 11:32 p.m. quake, according to Tohoku Electric. As much as 3.8 liters of water leaked at one of them, with the highest level of a radioactive isotope -- 5,410 bequerels per kilogram -- found in the spilled water on the floor beside a spent fuel pool in the building housing the No. 1 reactor.

A spent nuclear fuel disposal facility in the village of Rokkasho, Aomori Prefecture, lost external power supply and switched to an emergency generator but power was restored at 9:44 a.m. Friday, according to the agency.

The Higashidori nuclear power plant in Aomori also got power from an emergency generator after the Thursday quake, but its external power supply was restored at 3:30 a.m. Friday, according to Tohoku Electric and the government's countermeasure headquarters.

english.kyodonews.jp...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by burntheships

Thanks, I was hoping you could point out some evidence of it in this thread, I have been looking and can't seem to find it.

Sorry to have wasted your time by asking.

Edit: you edited in some information.. That was nice.

No worries, not wasting my time it was just something about the way you highlighted that word ANY ...

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by burntheships

How deep has # 3 melted into the earth?

Forgive me, but I have been busy with RL for quite a while and may have missed it, I've tried to keep up with this thread as much as I can, but to save time...

Is there ANY reason to assume that the #3 reactor core has melted through the containment structure and into the earth?

edit on 9-4-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I translated these for those who dont speak coporate lackie.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Could it be that they want it to happen so they don't have to clean up the mess?
I don't know if it's gonna blast like the Redneck predicted, but if it does would it wipe out the entire complex?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I am reading that right...right?
A steel plate was placed over the intake - to prevent highly radioactive water from reaching the sea.
The intake? What do they know that we dont know?

That has been my question all along why are they concerned with the INTAKE when NHK keeps showing us high levels at the OUT FLOWS? Unless that intake is feeding contaminated water right back in to the system. But I also thought the main coolant systems were OUT so where is this intake going TO?

And judging by the outflow its a LOT of volume

That is a LOT of flow... and days ago on the 31st NHK showed this...

The day after that was shown it spiked to 5 million times.

So the intake is a concern to the plant... they are more worried about that than what gets into the ocean

Also they updated to this...

Radioactive water disposal delayed

Work to dispose of highly radioactive water at the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant is not proceeding smoothly as more time is needed for preparations.

Heavily contaminated water in turbine buildings and a concrete tunnel is hampering work to restore cooling functions in the troubled reactors. The total amount of water in question is estimated at more than 50,000 tons.

The plant's operator, Tokyo Electric Power Company, plans to transfer the highly radioactive water to a nuclear waste processing facility and turbine condensers.

The utility firm is now working to lay hoses between the turbine buildings and the facility.

Holes have already been bored in the walls of the buildings, but work to install the hoses has yet to begin.

In addition, the waste disposal facility needs to be closely checked before the procedure can begin.

Meanwhile, the level of highly radioactive water filling the concrete tunnel of the No.2 reactor had reached 93 centimeters below the ground's surface as of Saturday evening. That is a rise of 11 centimeters since the leakage of the water into the sea was stopped on Wednesday.

Tokyo Electric plans to start moving the water in the tunnel into the reactor's condenser as early as Sunday.

Sunday, April 10, 2011 07:30 +0900 (JST)

www3.nhk.or.jp...

So its off again...

edit on 9-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

I am reading that right...right?
A steel plate was placed over the intake - to prevent highly radioactive water from reaching the sea.
The intake? What do they know that we dont know?

That has been my question all along why are the concerned with the INTAKE when NHK keeps showing us high levels at the OUT FLOWS? Unless that intake is feeding contaminated water right back in to the system. But I also thought the main coolant systems were OUT so where is this intake going TO?

All very good questions.

Well they say - they say they are concerned about the radioactive water reaching the sea...
So - they are going to block the intake.

Something is very fishy here.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I have this sinking feeling that they still do not understand that the corium is inside the bedrock... but this attempt, when it fails, should maybe wake them up.

At least I hope so.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck

I have this sinking feeling that they still do not understand that the corium is inside the bedrock... but this attempt, when it fails, should maybe wake them up.

At least I hope so.

TheRedneck

lets hope that is all it does, and quetly so.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Sorry, been trying to make some storage bins for my electronics lab... damn thing is getting hard to work in with everything laying around willy-nilly.

I don't think it is a good thing, since we all know nitrogen+hydrogen = ammonia and ammonia+iodine = nitrogen triiodide (BOOM).

But we'll have to wait and see. Maybe TEPCO knows what they're doing?

Sorry, moment of insanity there... yeah, it's a bad thing.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
Could it be that they want it to happen so they don't have to clean up the mess?
I don't know if it's gonna blast like the Redneck predicted, but if it does would it wipe out the entire complex?

They keep concentrating on Number 2... number 2 intake... #2 level of water... need to drain #2 so work on cooling can restart. Maybe #2 can still go Kaboom?

We know #1 was breached the day of the EQ... we have several conformations on that (2 from workers on the scene, a Canadian and a metal worker, neither where TEPCO employees)

We know # 3 went Kaboom and we saw that as the pool went scattering to the four winds, scattering the fuel everywhere

We know that #4 has a damages pool and they went into dry air melt down (from Areva report and visual evidence)

So they are putting all their effort into #2 WHY?

Redneck where you at

Oh ya snuck in while I was typing

edit on 9-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaExray

No, sorry, that I have not heard of. Sorry.

Much of quantum physics (as opposed to nuclear physics) is theoretical. It is a quickly advancing but infantile branch of science so far.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
i cant believe these people are ignorant and stupid..evasive YES, lying YES..but stupid? no
so...what do they know that we have not figured out yet??

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
Is it possible that radioactive particles in the air can cause it to rain more frequently? My neighbor and I noticed that it has been raining more than usual, even for April.

yes ionization is a well known precipitation

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Silverlok
also #4 was described by AREVA as: " an open air melt down" ,

have a link to that report? I may have missed it... thanks

Onagawa

Radioactive water spilled at Onagawa nuclear plant in Miyagi
TOKYO, April 8, Kyodo

In all, water spilled or leaked at eight sections of the plant as a result of the 11:32 p.m. quake, according to Tohoku Electric. As much as 3.8 liters of water leaked at one of them, with the highest level of a radioactive isotope -- 5,410 bequerels per kilogram -- found in the spilled water on the floor beside a spent fuel pool in the building housing the No. 1 reactor.

A spent nuclear fuel disposal facility in the village of Rokkasho, Aomori Prefecture, lost external power supply and switched to an emergency generator but power was restored at 9:44 a.m. Friday, according to the agency.

The Higashidori nuclear power plant in Aomori also got power from an emergency generator after the Thursday quake, but its external power supply was restored at 3:30 a.m. Friday, according to Tohoku Electric and the government's countermeasure headquarters.

english.kyodonews.jp...

I think it's from this areva report:

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical

Snip

HEY!

The following is a direct link to a .pdf of a report from Matthias Braun at Ariva. and is 3.79 MB

Download this .pdf!!!

I love the last line in the report:

Way too few information are released by TEPCO, the operator of the plant

Source is above .pdf

EVERYONE should download and read through this report, it is Areva's summary of the incident.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
US nuclear unit drill

Here it is proof that the team is NOT there to deal with the plants...

The US military has demonstrated to the public drills by a special unit dispatched to deal with the troubled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.

About 150 members of the unit, which specializes in dealing with the effects of nuclear-related disasters, carried out the drills at Yokota Air Base in Tokyo on Saturday.

In an exercise to rescue people trapped in a building, members wearing protective gear first carefully carried out procedures to measure radiation levels.

In a tent set up near the building, radioactive materials were washed off the rescued people, and doctors performed physical examinations.

The drill included rescuing people trapped in a car, and a surveillance robot was unveiled that can operate in hazardous environments.

In preparation for a joint operation, the special unit confirmed various procedures with its Self-Defense Force counterpart, including ways to wash off nuclear contamination.

The unit's commander says his team is working day and night along with the Self-Defense Forces to utilize their abilities to the fullest, and that their morale is high.

The United States has also dispatched experts to help the Japanese government bring the situation under control at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.

Saturday, April 09, 2011 16:42 +0900 (JST)

www3.nhk.or.jp...

So they are practicing RESCUING people and decontaminating them after they get them out... they are NOT practising cleaning up a nuke plant

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

once I was working in a place where the neutral and ground line for the electricity were cut leaving only the two 120 alternating current lines , the supply voltage went nuts radically altering between 60volts and 240v at any given point depending on usage, we had a true floating ground situation. I saw light bulbs glow withthe smae weird intensity pattern seen in those lights . also clearly visible in those light sare nultiple spots that must be kilometers apart.

That is an astounding observation!

Yes, normally the two phase lines are regulated with respect to ground, but if that ground is interrupted for whatever reason, they will be regulated with respect to whatever charge voltage exists on the ground conductor. That could theoretically be thousands of volts of differential, although practically it would likely be much less.

So when one plant is putting out 120VAC 60Hz dual phase with respect to ground, and another is putting out the same with respect to something else, there can exist an absolute difference between the voltages. That absolute difference will act as a short circuit wherever those voltages meet, creating an arc. Also, if both are backed up by large generating power plants, that arc could become sustained.

I had been wondering mainly about the length of the glow, as it did appear to go on much longer than what a transformer typically would have. But if it was two unreferenced voltage sources coming in contact, then it could easily have created a sustained electric arc.

You just got yerself a star.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Well it looks as if they are still releasing highly radioactive water into the sea even today, and
dont plan on stopping until Sunday.

The Japanese government is planning to continue pumping radioactive water from the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant into the sea until Sunday, a day later than initially planned.
And that has worsened the unease in other countries over its nearly month-long nuclear crisis.
The country's nuclear safety agency made the annoucement a day after China expressed concern over the dumping of the water, which was used to cool overheating fuel rods at the Fukushima Daiichi plant.
The plant's operator, TEPCO, had said earlier it expected to stop pumping out radioactive water by Saturday, but the operation was interrupted by a powerful aftershock on Thursday.

www.arirang.co.kr...

Why do I have to dig around through 6 or 7 news reports to get even the basics of the facts?

So, they will dump the radioactive water until they put up the steel walls and fence

The operator is to plug a seawater intake system with seven steel sheets, the like of which had been washed away by the tsunami.

The operator is also put up 120-metre-wide, curtain-like fence near the intake system and two other locations, the Kyodo News agency reported. www.monstersandcritics.com...

Well maybe it will make more sense when the steel plates and fences are up...

This is all about the "intake system"

It really seems as if the radioactive water has been entering the sea though the intake system then.

Could that be what we would call backwash???
edit on 9-4-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok My neighbor and I noticed that it has been raining more than usual, even for April.

yes ionization is a well known precipitation

Been REALLY cold and rainy here in Vegas last two days... not at all normal for this time of year. Small sample of a 'Nuclear Winter"?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Gah, yes there is, and several pieces of corroborating evidence to that fact, but I don't have time to type everything out again... sorry, but this one you'll just have to go back and hunt for...

My profile page should give you at least a list of my posts to this thread...

TheRedneck

ETA: I see someone already got you some info. I'm playing catch-up here...

edit on 4/9/2011 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Say it was my job to cut down a nice forest and some TREE HUGGERS hugged some tree's makin' a big stink, well they are standing in the way of MY EMPLOYERS AND MY PAYCHECK 4 ME AND MINE AND I WANT TO KILL THEM, yes, industry's sorta like that.
The nuclear industry has A LOT TO ANSWER FOR, globally, animal or otherwise, some more than others, ALL OF US will have inside radioactive material that we wouldn't or shouldn't have "duh, I thought yuh sed it wuz safe?", we will all pay, with ailments, tortured lives, defects/gene damage through generations upon generations, thyroid problems, increased tumors, earlier deaths/disease but wait there's more!
Could I conscienably do this to you? me, not a chance, but it seems more often than not those of us with scruples have death wished upon us. There was a way to prevent such disasters, seems the decision was made that THIS IS ACCEPTABLE.
Say I was a bad guy, and drove drunk and hit the ditch and died.... would you say that I earned it?
Say I did the same, except killed a family or 3 and went to jail for the rest of my life.... would you say I deserved it?
...or... I could've done the right thing and saved some lives...

new topics

top topics

<< 629  630  631    633  634  635 >>

join