It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 63.htm
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

Answered here ATS thread

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

See the latest MLA handbook for proper citation form to use with live sources and provide an annotated bibliography at the end of your day. Failure to include the source your info is accessed from will drop your grade 5 points.

LOL

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

i always say from fox or cnn when i post from an audio source so i guess i been doing it right, i just cant post any news from RT cuz
there links do not track or something

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

NEWS ADVISORY: U.S. chopper detects radiation, aircraft carrier suspends aid activity

Now that part wasn't made clear before. Not only moved offshore more, but suspended aid activity. Wow.

source
edit on 14-3-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

sources added

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Westcoast I agree it's a very good read...the bad thing is alot of it no longer applies now as things have further unfolded...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Tepco says it cannot confirm if seawater reached inside the reactor of Daiichi No. 2 unit

live.reuters.com...

im telling ya, this ones going boom too...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Tepco says it cannot confirm if seawater reached inside the reactor of Daiichi No. 2 unit

The wind at the Fukushima plant is expected to blow south later today, although it won't be sufficiently strong to affect Tokyo.

requisite link

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

BREAKING NEWS: No.1, No.2 reactors pull out of emergency: TEPCO (17:22)
english.kyodonews.jp...

anyone got a clue what this means?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Timeline of nuclear events by Reuters. here - uk.reuters.com...

TEPCO site seems to be down

edit on 14-3-2011 by AstraCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

BREAKING NEWS: No.1, No.2 reactors pull out of emergency: TEPCO (17:22)
english.kyodonews.jp...

anyone got a clue what this means?

I've not the faintest idea. Perhaps they mean they truly have them under control now?

The late night and overnight news within the US has been pretty well mangled. Am I correct in that there are 2 blown reactors, and one blown fuel tank elsewhere at this point? I've completely lost track of actual numbers right now with so many sources stateside reporting conflicting information.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

That's a very good question...that was sure not what they were saying just a hour ago or so...for some reason I don't
belive a word of that one. I hope I am wrong about that tho

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

BREAKING NEWS: No.1, No.2 reactors pull out of emergency: TEPCO - Kyodo

Reactor No. 3 still in trouble.

Japan nuclear blast could be more deadly than Chernobyl, experts fear

Experts in Israel and abroad divided on scope of disaster at Japan's nuclear plants, as Japanese government hasn't provided accurate information regarding threat posed by explosions at Fukushima nuclear power plant.

Since the Japanese government has not provided accurate information regarding the possible threat posed by the explosion at the Fukushima nuclear power plant, experts in Israel and abroad are divided on the scope of the disaster and the ramifications for the environment.

It appears that immediately after earthquake warnings were first heard, the Japanese authorities shut down all six reactors located in the affected region, which lies 250 kilometers north of the capital Tokyo, by cutting off the flow of electricity to the reactors. But the emergency generator, whose function is to provide power to the pump responsible for cooling the reactor, did not activate. As a result, the reactor's core began to heat up.

At the same time, radioactive materials and gases were emitted into the air, but measurements taken indicate that the amount was relatively minimal. The most dangerous elements discharged were iodine and cesium, two by-products of the nuclear fission process that takes place in nuclear plants. These are two relatively volatile compounds that can easily spread into the atmosphere.

One thing I know for sure... This MOX thing is way worse than Chernobyl. So it takes 2 million time less material from reactor no. 3 to make it out as much as Chernobyl... so probably any release of material from Reactor 3 makes this worse than Chernobyl...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Hey man, I sent you a u2u but my connection is being spotty at the moment so I am not sure if it went.

To answer your question, Im guessing within 8 hours. Now that cooling has failed, its basically cat and mouse to see if they can inject coolent fast enough to keep up with it boiling off, which they cant, as it basically flash boils as soon as it gets there.

Lets all hope I am wrong on this one.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Night all, gotta get some rest.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
third reactor still failing with cooling efforts source audio cnn
edit on 14-3-2011 by GullibleUnderlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Tepco is also saying it has safely cooled down two reactors at the Daini plant; they are still working on cooling the three at the Daiichi plant - both in Fukushima Prefecture.

live.reuters.com...

I gotta go for tonight, see you all later today.

edit on 3/14/2011 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Tepco is also saying it has safely cooled down two reactors at the Daini plant; they are still working on cooling the three at the Daiichi plant - both in Fukushima Prefecture.

live.reuters.com...

Hope the situation will be stable now...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Thank you all for your updates.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
In Tsunami’s Wake, Much Searching but Few Are Rescued nyti.ms...

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join