It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 62.htm
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

more confusing updates...press confrence I just watched the offical said...explosion at number 3 knocked out sea water pump for reactor #2..it wasn't noticed for a while and when staff went back on site found the pump out and rods exposed...

and of course we now have reports saying the opposite

you are telling me 4 sources conflicting eacother!
are they exposed or are they not ???

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Govt trying to put out fire at Tohoku thermal plant - Chief Cabinet Secretary Edano #fukushima #japan #tsunami

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Im not sure if this has been posted yet, but russia is reporting death in the explosion:

At least eleven people died in a second explosion at the Fukushima nuclear plant in north-eastern Japan on Monday, NHK TV said.

en.rian.ru...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

no dont think it has been i thought they just had minor injuries
now they are dead ??!! wth

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Are these "11 people" the ones who have been working, non-stop, to contain the reactors? Oh boy

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

NEWS ADVISORY: Gov't trying to resume injection of seawater to No. 3 reactor: Edano (16:39)

english.kyodonews.jp...
edit on 14-3-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

trying to ? i heard they ran out of seawater maybe they got it refilled
however they said the coast was blocked with debre
edit on 14-3-2011 by GullibleUnderlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

TEPCO says it has started pouring seawater into the Fukushima Daiichi No. 2 reactor.

and in a few minutes

Japan's government confirms there are problems at the Fukushima Daiichi plant No.2 reactor. Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano says water levels at the reactor are falling.

Reuters

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I know this one has been mentioned before.. but reposting due to a more official source...

USS BLUE RIDGE, At Sea - The U.S. 7th Fleet has temporarily repositioned its ships and aircraft away from the Fukushima Dai-Ichi Nuclear Power Plant after detecting low level contamination in the air and on its aircraft operating in the area. The source of this airborne radioactivity is a radioactive plume released from the Fukushima Dai-Ichi Nuclear Power Plant.

The ship was operating at sea about 100 miles northeast of the power plant at the time. Using sensitive instruments, precautionary measurements of three helicopter aircrews returning to USS Ronald Reagan after conducting disaster relief missions near Sendai identified low levels of radioactivity on 17 air crew members. The low level radioactivity was easily removed from affected personnel by washing with soap and water

7th fleet website

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
HNK live feed still saying all coolent is gone from reactor no.2 and pressure is still building...so either they are reporting old info (which is going against the sugar coating) or it's true and we are looking at a 3rd hydrogen explosion.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Yet another 5.0 just now. link

Just me, or are they picking up?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AstraCat
found nice article "Why I am not worried about Japan’s nuclear reactors."
morgsatlarge.wordpress.com...

I guess it wasn't posted here...

Wish I could give you 100 stars. I just spent the past half hour reading that and I feel better right now than I have in the past three days.

A must read for everyone!!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by RickyD
HNK live feed still saying all coolent is gone from reactor no.2 and pressure is still building...so either they are reporting old info (which is going against the sugar coating) or it's true and we are looking at a 3rd hydrogen explosion.

Just got a time for this it was reported 1:28pm japan time

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Strong 6.2 earthquake with a preliminary magnitude rocks Pacific coast areas in northeastern Japan on Monday #japan #fearthquake #tsunami

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
also before i post this link with news has the third explosion been reported yet just got a link ?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
***ATTENTION***

The staff have noticed that there has been an increase in posts, specifically updates about the events in Japan that are going un-sourced.

It is not ok to copy/paste from breaking news, twitter or any other source without providing a link to that source.

Please review the following links:

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Terms & Conditions of Use – Please Review This Link.

Moving forward any posts that are proven to come from an outside source and do not have have the appropriate links will be immediately removed.

Thank You.

~Keeper
ATS Moderator

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

so much going on right now , hard to feel better can you just sum it up for us in like a paragraph ?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The third explosion wasnt at a nuclear facility.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
how do I link a live stream source? HNK is reporting live here but it's fluid and not written down do I just tag all my updates from here with the live stream site?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
yeah some of my updates are from cnn and fox on xm and are audio sources how do you link that ?

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join