It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 61.htm
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

It was because of the release. When the hydrogen mixes with the oxygen in the air, it can combust and go boom.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00

It was because of the release. When the hydrogen mixes with the oxygen in the air, it can combust and go boom.

you're absolutely right, i just hadnt heard it confirmed if it was a release or a leak.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

BREAKING NEWS: Seawater injection into No. 2 reactor prepared: Edano (16:21)

english.kyodonews.jp...
edit on 14-3-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Kennit

What I am getting from the press confrence is the blast from number 3 damaged and stopped the pumps for pumping seawater in on the 2 reactor

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Good question. At TMI they kept saying the releases were controlled, but they weren't. So yeah....this might be leaks and not releases. Scary.

link   
U.S. Seventh Fleet moves ships, planes away from quake-hit Japanese nuclear plant after discovering low-level radioactive contamination - AP

link   
found nice article "Why I am not worried about Japan’s nuclear reactors."
morgsatlarge.wordpress.com...

I guess it wasn't posted here...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
HNK live stream reports no.2 reactor has lost all power to cooling systems and pressure is building...it also said they are considering releasing steam is this again or are they late?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
press confrence ...fuel rod on number 2 is exposed! he said its of "grave concern" ..confrence interupted due to a quake shaking toyoko

english translator broadcast

Yokosonews

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

reuters say that hydrogen already had been released...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

I don't want to get sidetracked again, but can we try to only post these update headlines once, from one source, and not repost the info every time a new carrier reports it? Respectfully. I just hate that the pages are moving so fast and so many new posts are getting ignored and missed because of all the short reposts. Maybe we can just post a recap of a bunch of headlines from the last hour like once an hour, with the sources for each topic?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
cnn just reported a 6.0 near tokyo and says it is not anaftershock ?
waiting to get link to confirm his reports

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

ok my bad but i do not think it was a repost just loks that way if im wrong sorry will pay more attention

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Water level falls but still above fuel roads at Fukushima's No. 2 reactor #news #japan ##fukushima #tsunami

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

No, you hadn't posted it already, it was posted by a few other people and discussed a page or two back. This headline isn't really the best example, I just replied to this post. And I'm totally not targeting you----I send the request to everyone! I just keep seeing things repeated over and over again because BBC and Reuters and whatnot tend to repost headlines as if they're new, so we see them like 3 or 4 times.

link   
Important nuclear related information for the past 6 hours.

10:21 PM EDT - Japan nuclear safety agency confirms hydrogen explosion at Fukushima Daiichi plant No.3.

11:35 PM EDT - The core container of #3 was intact, Jiji news agency said, quoting the plant operator, Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO), but the local government warned those still in the 20-km (13-mile) evacuation zone to stay indoors. Kyodo news agency quoted TEPCO as saying workers were injured in latest explosion.

1:06 AM EDT - The U.S. Navy says they have temporarily positioned ships and planes away from a Japanese nuclear plant after detecting low level contamination. www.reuters.com

2:18 AM EDT - Fukushima Daiichi plant No.2 reactor cooling functions have stopped, the Jiji news agency is reporting.

3:13 AM EDT - TEPCO has completed releasing hydrogen from the Fukushima Daiichi No. 2 reactor building.

3:22 AM EDT - Japan's chief cabinet secretary Edano says so far there is no radiation level rise at the Fukushima plant after the explosion, reported earlier. Edano confirms the Fukushima No. 2 reactor cooling functions have stopped, water levels are falling and they are preparing to pour sea water into the No. 2 reactor.

3:40 AM EDT - TEPCO says it has started pouring seawater into the Fukushima Daiichi No. 2 reactor.

3:51 AM EDT - Japan's government confirms there are problems at the Fukushima Daiichi plant No.2 reactor. Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano says water levels at the reactor are falling.

4:15 AM EDT - Tepco says it cannot confirm if seawater reached inside the reactor of Daiichi No. 2 unit
edit on 3/14/2011 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

link   

JAPAN (RNN) – The International Atomic Energy Agency issued a state of emergency at a nuclear power plant in Onagawa, Japan where excessive radiation levels were reported.
Link

Not sure if this has been placed under control yet

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

BREAKING NEWS: Fuel rod of No. 2 reactor about to be above cooling water: Ednao (16:33)

english.kyodonews.jp...
edit on 14-3-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

more confusing updates...press confrence I just watched the offical said...explosion at number 3 knocked out sea water pump for reactor #2..it wasn't noticed for a while and when staff went back on site found the pump out and rods exposed...

and of course we now have reports saying the opposite

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

TEPCO says it has started pouring seawater into the Fukushima Daiichi No. 2 reactor.

for the record, all of my info is coming from:
live.reuters.com...
english.kyodonews.jp...
en.rian.ru...

new topics

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join