It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 606.htm
<< 603  604  605    607  608  609 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

thx for posting the vid... really hits home... i think we are far too desensitized with bs hollywood disaster movies - with bs macho heroes that save the day - same as everything, i suppose...

but this is reality, & it's haunting to watch... seeing the poor animals just wandering, i daren't allow myself to think of them too much

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

The caption on the cryptome website says the barge is US military.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy
The caption on the cryptome website says the barge is US military.

Yup we knew that.. been watching them for some time

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

[HAARP was detected in use, a certain frequency and it was pointing at the reactors that plant.

I do consider myself as open minded however, this idea is totally BONKERS!

I don't mean to offend but do me a Lemon!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
Experts needed - Is this cause for concern or containable?

TOKYO (Dow Jones)--Tohoku Electric Power Co. (9506.TO) said

That is as far as you need to go.

Everything after that has no means of independent verification, TEPCO's credibility is dismal at best... So, ignore it, it really doesn't tell you anything.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Hi.
I believe the pump/covered item is not from the barge but the navy vessel shown accompanying the barge.

It looks like heavy machinery is being transported atop the barge. Water bottles come in cases/bottles/jugs and big tanks. Whatever is being hidden under those white sheets, is 'veiled' for a reason I myself find suspicious...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Some speculation from a day or two ago was that they may have been doing some special research at Fukushima (weapons?). If so, I suppose they could be pulling stuff out of Daiichi and shipping to Daiini or elsewhere.

I feel like the Feds should be knocking on my door right about now...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

The smoke and mirrors at Fukushima 1 seem to obscure a steady purpose, an iron will and a grim task unknown to outsiders. The most logical explanation: The nuclear industry and government agencies are scrambling to prevent the discovery of atomic-bomb research facilities hidden inside Japan's civilian nuclear power plants

source

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by meathed
So my thoughts are they are going to pump the radioactive waste into this barge and then they will dump it in the ocean.

Well they are already just pimping it straight into the ocean... been ongoing still today from all 6 plants... so it makes no sense, but yeah that one under the black cover looks like it could be a pump. So why are they doing this at night and why the covers?

Smells like Glowfish

Sorry i was trying to catch up reading thread but its moving to quick to take every page in.
Understood, about it not being an intake pumps. But still a pump in my eyes and also gernerators as redneck suggested.
Why at night?????????? Well thats the million dollar question. My answer for that is, that maybe 1 or more of the reactors have melted that far down into the bedrock that is now safer get close to start pumping whatever thay are pumping on them. OR I just hope they are not big industrial fans that they will try to use to blow the radioactive air away as they send the workers in to try to fix the reactors.
Kind of like how they put out oil rig/ well fires out in IRAQ

edit on 7-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Seriously? White sheets over equipment? Trust TEPCO to show us the very definition of a coverup

Getting a bit fed up with these jokers...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

uh yeah i got the willies too.
I just thought of something really easy who"s sattelites are they hiding from.
It aint us, sorry for the misdirection.
Sometimes the most obvious is not as easy to see?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Given the Japanese Maritime Defense Forces support ships spray down the barge with fresh water prior to loading new fresh water onto the barge, I would think this is still being used for fresh water, and the larger civilian barge will be used for the contaminated water.

Notice in the pics this fresh water barge is being pulled by mooring lines attached to a JMDF fleet ocean tug. At sea this forces a lot of salt water spray to be generated. Salt spray can rust bare metal in a days time.

But given the JMSDF support vessel Tokiwa is apparently pierside at Fukushima on April 5, and obviously is outfitted with a crane to move the objects, what about the dry cask with spent fuel rods?? Just thinking outside the box here. I have no idea what they are, and not even sure of the containers dimensions that would be used to store the rods in a dry container. There were reports earlier some speculated those containers may not have had enough weight in them and may have been swept to sea by the tsunami.

Why else would they be performing these evolutions under the cover of darkness? Should be able to deliver a generator or pump or valve in broad daylight?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by janezjane

Originally posted by zorgon
What is REALLY going on?

Barge arrives... supposedly bringing fresh water...

Now we see it loaded with big things covered in white sheets

I hope it doesn't involve the removal of highly radiated bodies they don't want us to know about.

Exactly what I thought of when I saw the pic for the first time
I don't think all of them are coffins because some of them are a totally different shape (in the background), but a few certainly look two coffins stacked on top of each other.

Can someone "scale" the pictures so we have an idea on the size of these things?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

Hey image guys!! wouldn't it be very hard to anything from above even with infared because of all the heat?
I'm stumped and out in the weeds I think....

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok
reply to post by GhostR1der

whomever you are this statement could use some support:

"The Russians have for years dumped many nuclear reactors into the sea, with and without fuel rods and hundreds of tonnes of highly radioactive liquid and solid waste. That link is just a starter, research yourself to see the full extent - it's mind-boggling enough to just consider the amounts. The USA ain't saints either in this regard (nuke testing and space satellite reactors anyone?) as with other nations. So we've already had high radiation emissions into water previously up until now"

Are you just retarded? localized pressure contained dumping IS NOTHING LIKE UNRESTRICTED SURFACE DUMPING, both are greedy stupid # but still VERY serious CRIMES UNDER INTERNATIONAL LAW , pull your head out of your ass , check ( and HOW ABOUT YOU POST SOME SUPPORT FOR THAT CRAP STATEMENT) your facts or get the hell off this thread , seriously how much of this thread have you read ?

They and many other countries have been dumping waste on surface and in water for many years. Only 'contained' dumping was the entire reactors themselves and some waste caskets. The Russians were piercing fuel rod and other waste casks to allow them to sink to avoid detection while dumping at night.

I've gone and re-found some of the links from when I looked into this, not all are here but these are some.

Between 1964 and 1991, it was revealed that approximately 11,000 to 17,000 containers of liquid and solid radioactive waste were dumped in the same region. Ironically, some containers were punctured to facilitate sinking.

The Yablokov Commission estimates that since 1965, the USSR dumped a total of 2.5 million curies of contained and discharged radioactive waste into ocean waters. Among the items dumped are 16 nuclear reactors from submarines and a nuclear icebreaker in the shallow gulfs off the eastern coast of Novaya Zemlya. Seven of the reactors still contain highly radioactive nuclear fuel, while others date back to the 1960s, when more plutonium was used per reactor. In each case, the reactor core suffered damage that prevented removal of the spent nuclear fuel. To compound matters further, the amount of radioactivity in some of the reactors is seven times that released in the Chernobyl disaster.

Emphasis mine.
Source

Another interesting sunken submarine is the Komsomolets, that sank 160 kilometres south of the Bear Island in April 1989. That submarine has one reactor and two plutonium-bombs onboard, but are far to deep to ever be lifted.

www.barentsobserver.com...

Few more kg of Pu in the ocean for thought.

The main reason behind my post was to illustrate this is not really new other than sheer amount being concentrated in a small area, is ongoing and appears to be larger in size over a shorter time period. Norway has been worried about Russian dumping for many years but has had no large spikes or radiation releases detected. However considering there are at least 16 reactors (plus a satellite reactor or two) in our oceans rusting away and decaying, fukushima may be another drop in the bucket when those reactors loose containment too. Very little difference between scattered fuel rods and entire reactor cores.

And for your information I've followed this thread since page one. This is why I stated in that post (unlike tepco) that any radiation release is potentially hazardous to health and should be avoided, just I wanted to point out that this sort of crap has been occuring for decades and that the consequences may not be as bad as we think with extreme dilution applied.

However locally in the sea of japan the levels are astronomical and are going to render most of that seashore for a few hundred km highly radioactive. You could see that radiation meter really warming up in the recent youtube video where two journalists sneak into the exclusion zone and approach the sea, just rising and rising as they get closer to 109usv/h.
www.youtube.com...

Hope this is what you were looking for.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Originally posted by Maluhia
This one?

www.rdtn.org...

Yes, thank you so much!

And I finally found the other one as well:

Japan Radiation Map

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Maybe their returning those sh!tty generators and getting their money back.

Maybe their taking them out at night because they are not too sure if it will be okay to be close to the plant tomorrow.

Maybe the sheets are to prevent more radiation from spreading...

Pred...

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by edball40

the covers are likely to keep the salt off the nuke parts because they are made to very tight tolerances, at least they are suppose to be.

Those barrels of MOX pellets would o/could f floated right the door and are in the sea?
See thge back doors and that bluish thing that looks like 2 mattresses on the sides I'm thinking those are suppose to be the doors that let what ever out, if that happened.
What do you think about that.
I want to come out of the weeds.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Maybe their returning those sh!tty generators and getting their money back.

maybe those are all the ones with "wrong plugs"

but if they were pumps or generators..wouldn't they want them on shore??
really looks like out going cargo to me

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy

The smoke and mirrors at Fukushima 1 seem to obscure a steady purpose, an iron will and a grim task unknown to outsiders. The most logical explanation: The nuclear industry and government agencies are scrambling to prevent the discovery of atomic-bomb research facilities hidden inside Japan's civilian nuclear power plants

source

Um, crap? Looks like we were probably right again.

new topics

top topics

<< 603  604  605    607  608  609 >>

join