It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 601.htm
<< 598  599  600    602  603  604 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96
What about a good old fashion Water Wheel for energy? Was looking at the latest webcam shots just after day light and noticed in the sea off the beach inside the seawalls there appeared to be a circular area of discolored water - Just don't know what it might be? Take a look Any thoughts? Sorry I can't post the screen shots from this dreaded computer on the dreaded dial up

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS

Earthquake
07-APR-2011 14:32:41 38.25 141.64 7.4 25.6 NEAR EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

www.iris.edu...

This picture was from a webcam that shook... I want to know what the bright flash was. It flared and flickered for a few minutes and went out. They are also talking having lost power at some other nuke plants

edit on 7-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Well to be safe I no longer ride to town for appointments in the rain and already cancelled one.
We average about 25 CPM a day according to Radiation Network.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MedievalGhost
Japanese tv news just reported that workers were evacuated from the plant right before the nitrogen injection was started because TEPCO is not sure what the result of the injection will be.

Like kaboom?
edit on 7-4-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

criminally irresponsible, but how to report that to the minister 'sensibly'?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Your about 4-5 pages behind Zorgon.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by brocktoon
Based upon Gunderson's latest, and the Arriva report, there may be very little zirconium that is not already combined with other metals in a big slug at the bottom of the containment building. Not sure what impact this would have on reactivity with nitrogen.

I think their public reason for the nitrogen flood is a red herring. You can vent hydrogen without needing to create a reducing environment. The hydrogen still needs to be vented, and you will still get hydrogen, from straight quenching of most metals, even in a reducing environment, so it does not prevent further formation. I think the graphite disc we have been told about in the bottom of containment is about to go up (due to the big slug of corium laying on it), and they are flooding to clear the oxygen from that situation, more than they are doing it to just reduce hydrogen.

this fits well with their patterns of melt down (nomatter the pollution ) over explosion (public awareness in the immediate term), though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death so too shall I carry Tepco management on by back no matter the pain

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by IDBIT

www.tepco.co.jp...
A. could be just wind.
B. could be that die they pumped in the system. Tey did put die the water didn't they or was a lie?
C.could be a chemical / fuel shene.
D. got no idea.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso

Really?
So what was the light then?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by makeitso

Really?
So what was the light then?

Ghost Light!...... Just Kidding.

The lights were powerlines and transformers affected by the Quake.

They are saying that the Nuke plants that lost power are OK for now... and we know how that goes.
edit on 7-4-2011 by IDBIT because: .More Info

edit on 7-4-2011 by IDBIT because: NFR

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by brocktoon

TEPCO is making weird measurements like that more common place.

You know, E=MC^2 really irks me it is einstien's universe, an outmoded, classical and simplistic view of the universe the occludes the quantum nature of reality. Energy=Mass x the speed of light ^ 2 (because it is radiation it is subject to the inverse square law. It's a little too tidy to properly describe what is going on. If the higgs boson exists then it is an energyless particle because it's mass is 0 (and therefore Energy would equal 0C^2 or 0), if E=MC^2. There's something that really bothers me about the over-simplification of things. It's like trying to stare at reality out of a pair of beer goggles...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Good posters deserve good answers so i'll try ! Seems like the general concensus is that it's a substation exploding though on a more speculative note it could be a release of static electricity from the quake - that's all i have at the moment.

edit
the static electrical comment is probably the result of to many hours following this thread - ignore

edit on 7-4-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDBIT
Ghost Light!

No its not an Earthquake light... at least not like any I have seen before and I have plenty on file. None have ever been that intense... that was something else.

If that WAS an Earthquake light it set a new record and that means an IMMENSE release of energy. EQ lights are piezoelectric. One THAT bright would be plasma level...

This is NOT good... not at all

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
Good posters deserve good answers so i'll try ! Seems like the general concensus is that it's a substation exploding though on a more speculative note it could be a release of static electricity from the quake - that's all i have at the moment.

piezoelectric charges are similar to static... they are formed by quartz in the rock striking other rocks. I would go with a substation too.. and that would explain power outages to those other nuke plants. They had substations blow in Chile as well as the earthquake lights.

It seems the 9.0 quakes throw up a big light show....

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet - kind of eerie !

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

yeah it is possible that discharges from the quake overloaded the substation... as they are connected to earth ground after all.

So did anything else happen in the last 10 pages?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Well we learnt wind power isn't all it's cracked up to be, Putin is a pedo (alegedly), it's not good to fly planes through radioactive air, umm thats about it, probably missed something. I think today's been a good day for Tepco's cover up squad, not a lot of new information.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

yeah it is possible that discharges from the quake overloaded the substation... as they are connected to earth ground after all.

So did anything else happen in the last 10 pages?

Here is the latest with the power plants :-

IAEA Update: New earthquake in Japan (7 April, 17:30 UTC)
The IAEA confirms that an earthquake occurred in Japan at 14:32 UTC 7 April. The IAEA International Seismic Safety Centre has rated it as a 7.1 magnitude, revised from an initial 7.4 magnitude. The epicenter of the earthquake was 20 km from the Onagawa nuclear power plant and approximately 120 km from the Fukushima Daiichi and Daini nuclear power plants.

The IAEA has been in contact with NISA and can confirm the status of the following nuclear facilities:

Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant
NISA confirms that no changes have been observed at the on-site radiation monitoring posts. The injection of water into the reactor pressure vessels of Units 1, 2 and 3 was not interrupted.

Fukushima Daini Nuclear Power Plant
NISA confirms that no changes have been observed of the readings at the on-site radiation monitoring posts.

Onagawa Nuclear Power Plant
All reactors have been in cold shutdown since the 11 March earthquake.

NISA has confirmed that two out of the three lines supplying off-site power to the site were lost following the 7 April earthquake. Off-site power continues to be supplied through the third line.

www.iaea.org...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

whomever you are this statement could use some support:

overlook this. The Russians have for years dumped many nuclear reactors into the sea, with and without fuel rods and hundreds of tonnes of highly radioactive liquid and solid waste. That link is just a starter, research yourself to see the full extent - it's mind-boggling enough to just consider the amounts. The USA ain't saints either in this regard (nuke testing and space satellite reactors anyone?) as with other nations. So we've already had high radiation emissions into water previously up until now

Are you just retarded? localized pressure contained dumping IS NOTHING LIKE UNRESTRICTED SURFACE DUMPING, both are greedy stupid # but still VERY serious CRIMES UNDER INTERNATIONAL LAW , pull your head out of your ass , check ( and HOW ABOUT YOU POST SOME SUPPORT FOR THAT CRAP STATEMENT) your facts or get the hell off this thread , seriously how much of this thread have you read ?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SDoradus

I didn't make up the stats I just found them and pointed to them. I guess that they could be completely bogus and I'd have to do my own research to prove it either way.

I've heard of similar statistics before and these are in line with what I've heard in previous studies/reports.

HOWEVER, actuaries (insurance adjusters) are just bean counters and are trained to not let emotion get in the way of the math. That is how insurance companies make their money they let people buy insurance on emotion and charge a premium over the actual risk. Its all in the numbers. I assume this report is based on actuarial data.

AS FOR reactor fuel being non renewable YOU ARE incorrect. An operating breeder reactor produces more fuel than it consumes by turning useless depleted uranium and thorium into isotopes of plutonium. If all of our reactors were breeder reactors then every year we would have more fissile fuel than the last year.

When we get fusion power or anti-matter power rolling our nuclear power systems will supply a limitless amount of energy for our civilization. Energy IS life, Energy IS civilization, Energy IS money. Boundless ENERGY is the future for humanity.

The future of man truly lies among the stars.

Look. If you're going to make wild claims you should back it up with at least semi-reasonable science instead of this crap you are linking to, when you bother to make any support at all. I'm done with "debating" you as it's clearly not a debate at all. As far as I can see you don't bother to read any of the links to support of my positions, your opinions/pronouncements are spurious (example: no nuke = cannibalism and stone age reversion, wind/solar = more dangerous than nuke), so unless you an expert yourself - in which case post your creds for verification, or please don't waste our time and desist with these ridiculous assertions.
edit on 7-4-2011 by Wertwog because: grammar mistake

new topics

top topics

<< 598  599  600    602  603  604 >>

join