It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 600.htm
<< 597  598  599    601  602  603 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

I think you got that a little backwards... But okay anyway.

It doesn't take guts to call a spade a spade, or a pedophile a pedophile... If there was no truth to it, that "Journalist" would still be alive.

Now.. Back to the much more important crisis in Japan....

At least this is an accidental radioactive substance contamination

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChessGuru
reply to post by VinceH

"Why does it look like the structure is getting progressively more deteriorated?"

I don't remember who posted it first but besides the aftershocks and radiation tremendous bursts of heat from the ongoing reactions are occuring. Remember an escaped core melts through concrete.

(still... in.... time ....transit...)

but if still unanswered:

the radiation is not directly "melting the structure , but it is driving the a water out of everything in it. concrete and sandstone are especially sensitive to this as they lose almost all structural integrity with relatively minor water loss ...that's why it looks like it's melting, it is , I am sure it's why we are NOT getting good every day photos...the progression of deterioration would almost cetaily allow us to make some ballpark guess about the amount of radiation present ON A DAILY BASIS.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Just found this on Dutchsinse's YouTube channel. Proof of radioactive rain in Missouri.

The Japanese Geiger counters on Ustream are lying. This proves it:

We're truly screwed.
edit on 7-4-2011 by windwaker because: Spelling error

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by rbrtj

I think you got that a little backwards... But okay anyway.

It doesn't take guts to call a spade a spade, or a pedophile a pedophile... If there was no truth to it, that "Journalist" would still be alive.

Now.. Back to the much more important crisis in Japan....

At least this is an accidental radioactive substance contamination

Ouch..... I was saying becareful they can take you out a hell of alot easier.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

I wish i could test the rain has been falling here in Washington and Oregon.
I wonder how much the dog has drank.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAlive
reply to post by MedievalGhost

I hate to say this, but this means that 6,000 cubic meters of radioactive gas within the containment will need to be displaced. It will go into the atmosphere.

This could mean for a spike in radioactivity around the plant, and radioactive fallout in the general area and beyond.

Hopefully, winds will continue to blow out over the ocean during this time - but the weather forecast seems sketchy for this:
www.wunderground.com...

Now, this is probably a "drop in the bucket" compared to what has already been, what continues to be, what soon will be, and what later will be released... But just thought I would mention it

edit on 7-4-2011 by PhysicsAlive because: (no reason given)

warping warping warping and a warping a will go

..and no way on heel is that gas leaving that plant as 'nitrogen' is it? it's going to be poisonous ammonia gas if it gets exposed to hydrogen under heat

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

I'm sorry to say this but it has to be much higher where you are. Also it rains all of the time in Washington State.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

Originally posted by SDoradus

Originally posted by Wertwog
reply to post by SDoradus

Nuke plants are renewable. The plutonium fuel cycle is the future. MOX is the future. But you have to burn it in nuclear plants that we have not yet constructed. Stuffing reactor three with the stuff is clearly (at least in hind site) nuclear malpractice.

But hey we are all captain hind site here;

Deaths per Tera Watt Hour

Believe it or not, even with the death's resulting from this nuclear accident Nuclear will still be safer than wind energy.

edit on 7-4-2011 by SDoradus because: something is wrong with the quote tags ... sigh

Nuke plants need uranium, a non-renewable resource.

World shortage of uranium looming

Your source for the Deaths per Tera Watt Hour mostly accounts deaths in mines and installion of wind turbines is dubious at best, bad science at worst. The report is trying to correlate random rooftop accidents and electrocutions and pulling various statistics that might not even be related to wind or PV installations, plus only attributing 50 deaths to Chernobyl. I would say this report is highly biased in favour of the nuclear industry and is just plain bad analysis. Even the WHO attributes 4,000 deaths, Greenpeace insists it is more like 200,000, and could be even higher.

It's ridiculous to assert wind and solar are more dangerous than nuclear. I'm done with this debate.

Cherynobly deaths underreported

I didn't make up the stats I just found them and pointed to them. I guess that they could be completely bogus and I'd have to do my own research to prove it either way.

I've heard of similar statistics before and these are in line with what I've heard in previous studies/reports.

HOWEVER, actuaries (insurance adjusters) are just bean counters and are trained to not let emotion get in the way of the math. That is how insurance companies make their money they let people buy insurance on emotion and charge a premium over the actual risk. Its all in the numbers. I assume this report is based on actuarial data.

AS FOR reactor fuel being non renewable YOU ARE incorrect. An operating breeder reactor produces more fuel than it consumes by turning useless depleted uranium and thorium into isotopes of plutonium. If all of our reactors were breeder reactors then every year we would have more fissile fuel than the last year.

When we get fusion power or anti-matter power rolling our nuclear power systems will supply a limitless amount of energy for our civilization. Energy IS life, Energy IS civilization, Energy IS money. Boundless ENERGY is the future for humanity.

The future of man truly lies among the stars.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
There is a new update on the RSOE EDIS site. Although most of the media have dropped coverage of this event it is far from over.

Tepco meanwhile said it believes 25 percent of the fuel rods in reactor No. 3's core were damaged as of March 15, with their casings ruptured or melted from earlier overheating caused by temporary loss of coolant water. The damage could lead to the release of strong radioactive materials from the reactor's core. Tepco said earlier that an estimated 70 percent of the fuel rods in the No. 1 reactor and 30 percent in the No. 2 reactor were damaged as of March 15. This was the first time the utility issued an estimate for reactor 3's core.

Meanwhile, Tepco has decided not to estimate the percentage of damaged fuel rods beyond March 15 because it can't obtain reliable data, a company official said. The utility made the estimate by measuring the rate of change in the amount of gamma rays inside the pressure vessels for reactors 1, 2 and 3, which hold nuclear fuel rods. Reactor 4 has no fuel rods inside its core because it was shut down before the quake. "Judging from the temperature of the pressure vessels, the damage to the fuel rods may be greater now (than 70 percent) for reactor No. 1, while No. 2 may not have changed much," said Ken Nakajima of the Kyoto University Research Reactor Institute.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm

Originally posted by autopat51
this is dire..so VERY dire!!! it has gone from horrible to nightmare to twilight zone in 579 pages..
and its not close to being done...this thread has become my life lately as i watch the horror unravel.
thank you to everyone working on this, i would have it no other way.

I feel the same way even though I don't have to worry much, but I'm absolutely stunned by the lack of coverage by the press as well. What is also very interesting is that there are little to none debunkers around in this thread.
It shows that in a real emergency people tend to stick together.

Keep up the good work guys!

it pretty hard for spin to fight the hydra with spider sense ( some of this threads predictions were almost two weeks ahead of the curve how to debunk that: clap heels of shoes together three times)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
There MUST be webcams up those masts. Surely we can find them?

magma put the cameras in , supposedly ONE could find access through the tepco servers, though hacking is you know hard , hahaha, though I can't find them I wonder if they are powered down or off of magmas stufff

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Higher? you mean elevation or amount in the air?
I got neighbors with goats that will probably breed them to get milk and or sell to eat.
I figure with all the rain we get our ground will start glowing , not to mention all the higher up stuff that the mountains caught and will send right back over the hay field.
How light in weight is ceasium compared to plutonium, got a chart on the weights?
I figure from what i have learned here the heavier stuff will land closer to the source.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

Higher radiation levels where you are most likely.

I'm not an expert, but dutchsinse has been reporting on radiation dispersion forecasts over the past few weeks, and a lot of the iodine-131 and cesium-137 emissions are coming down hard in the pacific northwest. But by now iodine-131 and cesium-137 has spread throughout the world.

As far as pu-239 goes, it's supposed to be heavy so I don't think any will get over here yet. But again, I'm not an expert.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

edit on 7-4-2011 by windwaker because: Duplicate post

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
What about a good old fashion Water Wheel for energy? Was looking at the latest webcam shots just after day light and noticed in the sea off the beach inside the seawalls there appeared to be a circular area of discolored water - Just don't know what it might be? Take a look Any thoughts? Sorry I can't post the screen shots from this dreaded computer on the dreaded dial up

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Procharmo

I am SURE THIS IS WHY THE VIDEOS OF #4 going from O.K. to f'd are absent

new topics

top topics

<< 597  598  599    601  602  603 >>

join