It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 586.htm
<< 583  584  585    587  588  589 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by pattonisit
reply to post by OuttaHere

i thought # 3 was the ONLY reactor using plutonium?

Actually, all reactors, after a while produce plutonium. Uranium turns into plutonium.

But at any rate, the plutonium content in reactor 3 is much higher than any other reactor.

Let's say reactor 1-2-4-5-6 have less than 1% of plutonium... while Reactor 3 because of MOX has about 3-4% of plutonium.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Nuclear-crisis evacuees may be allowed to return home briefly

The government is considering allowing people who evacuated from areas around the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant to return home for a short period of time, Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano said Thursday.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by autopat51
this is dire..so VERY dire!!! it has gone from horrible to nightmare to twilight zone in 579 pages..
and its not close to being done...this thread has become my life lately as i watch the horror unravel.
thank you to everyone working on this, i would have it no other way.

I feel the same way even though I don't have to worry much, but I'm absolutely stunned by the lack of coverage by the press as well. What is also very interesting is that there are little to none debunkers around in this thread.
It shows that in a real emergency people tend to stick together.

Keep up the good work guys!

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

cheers for that

wondering if it's more likely that it's from # 3 due to it's apparent degree of damage :/

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
There MUST be webcams up those masts. Surely we can find them?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

Sorry about that, here is the source.

The now defunct Japanese government research organization Power Reactor and Nuclear Fuel Development Corporation (PNC) 動力炉・核燃料開発事業団 (later reorganized into the Japan Atomic Energy Agency ( JAEA) 日本原子力研究開発機構 ) created an anime propaganda starring Little Mr. Pluto (or Pluto-kun プルトくん) who wears a green helmet with a pair of antennae and the chemical symbol for plutonium, Pu.

edit on 7/4/2011 by LilFox because: added info

edit on 7/4/2011 by LilFox because: better link >.>

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Kyodo quotes head of top opposition party (LDP) again ruling out any 'grand coalition' amid crisis with governing DPJ in #Japan.

Can this government get the boot up their butt already so a new party can come in and kick TEPCO's butt for more truth? Please?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
There MUST be webcams up those masts. Surely we can find them?

Magna BSP set up the security system about a year ago at the facility, which suffered extensive damage after the recent earthquake and tsunami, with particular concern over radiation leakage from the reactors at the site.
Although there is no access to the area, Siboni said the cameras from his company's security system - which were installed high up - were probably not damaged and likely captured the post-earthquake explosions at the site, as well as the impact of the tsunami.

www.haaretz.com... ocalLinksEnabled=false

So, there is plenty of footage, maybe you could ask them to release it.
www.magnabsp.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by pattonisit

cheers for that wondering if it's more likely that it's from # 3 due to it's apparent degree of damage :/

Yea, from where I'm sitting it looks like it 45 degrees or so.

Nuclear Lean-to

('
')
edit on 7-4-2011 by Nucleardoom because: word edit

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
tepco workers are "not heroes. they are doing what they should do"

most understated headline of the year... "Fukushima workers having 'a tough time' "

geezus

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Minamisoma residents seem to not be aware of the danger. Something needs to be done to spread awareness, but the media is generally not helpful. I really hate to be a party pooper, but... Er.... Um........ Radiation and dangerous radioactive particles are invisible and odorless.... It might seem like a nice day, but, er, uuuummm.. . Yeah. ... Just stay indoors and???? The authorities are responsible for clearly alerting these residents - and possibly forcing them - to evacuate because of this danger. To not do so is murder.

www.nytimes.com...

"Today, the city is slowly coming back to life. While the order to stay indoors remains in place, many of the remaining residents have begun to ignore it. Gas stations and convenience stores are starting to reopen, though large stores remain closed. Cars are now plentiful on major thoroughfares, but most side streets and shops still remain eerily empty.

“I hope that by just opening my store I can set people’s hearts at ease,” said Yasuko Sanno, the owner of a small grocery store that was one of only a handful of businesses open recently on a shopping street. Ms. Sanno, who said she had returned after fleeing to a neighboring prefecture for nearly two weeks, had covered her shop’s windows with sheets proclaiming, “Hang in there, Minamisoma!” " (scroll down about halfway for this quote)

And then from a greenpeace radiation monitoring team we have a statement regarding this town of "our measurements, which were taken between government monitoring points, show levels of contamination that indicate a risk to health and safety."

www.greenpeace.org...

"The government has been publishing raw data from its own field monitoring. However, its assessment is far from comprehensive. Measurements taken by our radiation team in several parts of Minamisoma city show levels of up to 4.5 microSievert per hour, as opposed to the relatively low levels of 0.7 microSievert per hour recorded at the only official monitoring point in Minamisoma City."
edit on 7-4-2011 by PhysicsAlive because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-4-2011 by PhysicsAlive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Removed because I confused micro and milli sieverts.
edit on 7/4/11 by Kailassa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

I bet the thing on the boat or raft is a valve or pump.
Good Job on the Cask or barrel pick up idea...

I am guessing a winch.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Fukushima web cam

Its dark there again.
The light source is back.

Un-retouched image.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by mendel101
Now why would they have done that?

Land sank during quake?

That's brilliant!

Yes, indeed the first image was taken March 11 at 14:00h, 46 minutes before the earthquake struck. The second image 14 minutes thereafter. So the differences between the webcam images must mean that at least the webcam but more likely the entite Fukushima observatory hill sank as compared to the reactors (trianulation anyone?).

So looking at the first four images of the webcam sequence I notice the following:

1. At 15:00h the camera has sunk.
2. At 16:00h the water has receded, meaning that the tsunami was about to hit
3. At 17:00h the water has swamped the buildings at the waterfront.

This means that the tsunami hit the reactor complex between 16:00 and 17:00. This is consistent with the report that the tsunami hit Soma, 43 km north of the reactor complex, at 15:50 (source).

In other words, there was at least a 75 minute delay between the quake and the tsunami at the Fukushima reactor complex. Therefore it's in my opinion impossible to attribute the partial meltdowns to the tsunami because there would have been enough time to insert the control rods.

Mendel

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
guess they decided to fix the leaks the way i said on page 138. it seems some doubted that is how it is done, but ive worked that fields for over 15 years. that is the only way to do it successfully. but im not sure how they will contain radiation. just a sewer man.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Image experts...
For those who want to play with the camera images, Chrome helped me inspect the element.
The camera image origin location is:

pointscope01.jp/data/f1np/f1np1/pic/20110407190059.jpg

You can manipulate which image you see by changing the date/time like this:

pointscope01.jp/data/f1np/f1np1/pic/20110407190059.jpg current pic
pointscope01.jp/data/f1np/f1np1/pic/20110407180059.jpg previous hour
pointscope01.jp/data/f1np/f1np1/pic/20110407170059.jpg two hours ago

pointscope01.jp/data/f1np/f1np1/pic/20110406190059.jpg This time yesterday

Don't have time right now to see how many images are stored

edit on 4/7/11 by makeitso because: add yesterday date code

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok
first off good call on this webcam image(good eye man):

several interesting things in it , if you have the originally sized one we can match it up :

Although I don't have the origionally sized one, the original image is located here:

pointscope01.jp...

That is the source of the fukushima webcam's webpage image from that day/time.

You can probably use the date codes on images from Mendel's post to go back in time further.

Nope, those dont have the last few numbers.

But google has some.

edit on 4/7/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/7/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by pattonisit
reply to post by OuttaHere

"TEPCO says the No.3 reactor at the Fukushima plant was powered with uranium-plutonium mixed-oxide fuel. But the company says that it cannot identify which reactor released the plutonium, because plutonium is produced at other reactors using uranium fuel"

i thought # 3 was the ONLY reactor using plutonium?

All uranium fuelled reactors produce Pu -239 in spent fuel. MOX reactors just produce more. The Pu-239 found in the 5 ground samples matched the signature of the Pu-239 sold by AREVA.

Source

The Tokyo Electric Company confirmed that AREVA-manufactured fuel assemblies containing plutonium have at least partially melted down when they said that plutonium was found on five separate sites on the reactor grounds, and they had matched the plutonium signature of fuel produced at AREVA’s La Hague facility.

edit on 7-4-2011 by Procharmo because: Additional info

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

Originally posted by SDoradus
Clearly we are witnessing one of the greatest disasters of modern times

Latest Fairwinds video report.

Yes Virginia. It's even worse than Chernobyl.
edit on 7-4-2011 by SDoradus because: (no reason given)

Thank god for Arnie. That someone of his stature is telling the truth in such a clear and concise way is encouraging and I've come to really rely on his assessments. The Areva report he cities should be shared with the public and what a brave stand Fairwinds is taking within the industry.

Please forgive the quote-in-quote format, which we are supposed to avoid whenever possible. This is one of the rare occasions where I feel it's necessary to have it all here, because I think the link to Fairewinds' site and also your comments are highly important.

Yes, that Areva report was prepared for a closed-door meeting and was not supposed to become public, mainly because it gives some detailed info for industry insiders on how bad things really are at Daiichi.

Take a look at the following from my copy of the pdf:

Notice it says that in Unit 4, there is "nearly no retention of fission products"! And below that, for emphasis, it says "Large release"!

OMG....
Can we even begin to imagine how bad this will be? That plant burned all night once the fire started...

The reactor core fuel rods were being stored in the spent fuel pool, which apparently leaked its water (possibly due to the quake), then the rods were exposed to air and reacted and burned. Nearly all of that material got released into the atmosphere!

I'm guessing some members might also like to get a copy of this pdf. If you want one, go HERE. (Don't click on the small "download pdf" tag above the main graphic. Scroll down and click on the BIG "Download" tag, then fill in the random words that the "capcha" requires and get your copy. BTW, I have scanned the .pdf file for malware, viruses, etc and it comes up clean. But please scan your copy before you open it!)

If you can't access the site or it gets taken down, please LET ME KNOW and I will find a way to put the document somewhere else on-line.

EDIT: the report is also available directly online HERE, and if you have your pdf reader set up to open it online (which is normal) then you can directly download it this way as well.

Mike

edit on 7/4/11 by JustMike because: Added advice to scan the downloaded report, just for safety.

edit on 7/4/11 by JustMike because: Added extra linky

top topics

<< 583  584  585    587  588  589 >>

join