It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 579.htm
<< 576  577  578    580  581  582 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SDoradus

on the other side it may be, no?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SDoradus

Oh, holy crap...

C: In some of the images below the round floor is a large hole that lets you see deeper inside the reactor building. There appears to be a roundish structure below.

That, my friend, is the reactor pressure vessel itself (or what is left of it) where there was once uranium and plutonium rods separated by control rods. Notice in the top two photos that this is where a great deal of the steam is coming from. That is also a good indication that there is also no bottom to this structure.

The corium melted its way out the bottom just before the explosion, opening the inner part of the reactor up. When the steam flashed, it immediately filled the area right above it, which was apparently the reactor vessel. When the hydrogen explosion went off, it allowed the steam to escape violently as well.

I originally thought the steam explosion had come from around the sides of the RPV. Nope. It came from the RPV itself. That massive plume of dark gray smoke was the innards of the reactor being blown into the air.

You know, I have seen those things pretty close up... well, close enough for my tastes anyway... but I never thought I would look down into one (much less had a desire to). The plume must have been tremendously radioactive!

I also used to hate being right earlier in this thread. Now I think I hate being wrong even more.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

When you say "tremendously radioactive", are you thinking higher than what we've been told?

If so,

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Wow...the MSM and the U.S. legislature are weeks behind in their assessment of the situation according to the NYTimes.They are just figuring this out today???

They all really need to join ATS.

Yes...this is what has become breaking news...cotton candy colored...it was bad...but it will all be ok.

Media has been sliced down to the barest of bones to the point where they can only fill the space around the advertisements with the news releases they are given and a bit of anecdotal heart warmer. There is little room for true investigation and research and expertise left in this industry. Purposefully.

The MSM, the little people in Congress - most of them aren't privy to the plans of multi-national corporations or international lobbying firms disguised as regulators...none of them can keep up and for see what power and greed owns them already. Our capacity to fathom what we have done and continue to do to our earth has been dulled to the point of being lost. How do you fight against this wave of ...of...insanity that a 6 plant nuclear melt down +++ is just yesterday's breaking news...too soon to be replaced. The FAT LADY IS SINGING IN FUKUSHIMA and no one can hear her anymore. At least the Times is still trying to cover this story.

People we are in TROUBLE. Japan is going to have a sizable dead zone forever and that's the good news. The ripples, human - animal - plant - vegetable - economic - etc....are as incalculable as the invisible radiation that is nowhere even close to being done.

They are going to get away with this bad luck turned into supreme act of negligence and worse and in a few years say, So Sorry, to all the children born with defects and those who die with no one even knowing their name because there were too many to count.

We have got to rethink this whole collective experiment in life that we call society and create a new set of values by which to judge human accomplishment. This cannot have been as good as it gets. This cannot be THE example of human purpose.

Thanks for the article...not your fault at all...just sad to see where we really are today...to look and all at once recognize the depleted "state" of our collective being. So sad.

If there is anything that can save us...it will be that the collective has found a way to communicate with one another in places like ATS. Those who seek to deceive and corrupt and conspire and reap untold rewards should be very afraid. They need to study what swarm theory really means. We are swarming. No one is the leader. No one is telling us all to go one way or another anymore. When they taught people to tune out - they actually lost control of the masses and don't even know it yet. People will communicate and follow trails left and strengthened by other's paths around them and they will find their own ways as we have here.

People have something in common with those bees...we WILL swarm...we will communicate...we will share, deduce, compare and ultimately KINOW through collective insight what is the threat and we will set our own course separate from the single file that looks so imbecilic once you can see beyond the hive.

I am so done with these people.

But I digress...

Rant over...

One question - all these An acronym excuses for nuclear lobbyists and promoters disguised as regulators - do ANY of them actually regulate or are they all a bunch of bunk?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
South Koreans have been warned to stay indoors today due to radioactive rain.

One of my Korean students just informed me.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

I'm talking hundreds of Sieverts/hour... the single most radioactive location inside that plant. Check out this at 0:28 to get an idea of what was inside that reactor...

Thank God for dissipation...

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

That's the same green equipment as in grid B looked at from the west. In this photo you can clearly see the broken building columns on the west side of the building. Amazing the amount of force in that explosion.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
this is dire..so VERY dire!!! it has gone from horrible to nightmare to twilight zone in 579 pages..
and its not close to being done...this thread has become my life lately as i watch the horror unravel.
thank you to everyone working on this, i would have it no other way.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Tworide

Hi and welcome to ATS, and to the "Nuclear Emergency" thread.

Seems we attract all kinds of attention here. I see that you are 42 Milliways, Dont Panic.

Interesting name and avatar.

So you dropped in and your first post is about PU- 239 and your not worried, right?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I haven't seen this posted yet.

This is a video made showing charts and data that comes from this website: University of Maryland

Obviously we already knew the U.S. was tracking the radiation much more carefully then they were letting on to, and this just proves it. The other links to other data are in the info below the video on Youtube. This is not looking good to me at all...and here in Oregon right now, of course it's raining.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by Tworide

Hi and welcome to ATS, and to the "Nuclear Emergency" thread.

Seems we attract all kinds of attention here. I see that you are 42 Milliways, Dont Panic.

Interesting name and avatar.

So you dropped in and your first post is about PU- 239 and your not worried, right?

It's from the Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy!

en.wikipedia.org...

"Milliways" is the restaurant at the end of the Universe.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IDBIT

yes and
hopefully there is no Pu -239 "there".

Are we there yet?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Employee at troubled nuke plant mum about own radiation exposure

''I can't tell you. It's private information as well,'' said Yasuki Murata, a 44-year-old TEPCO worker from the planning and public relations section for the plant, batting away repeated questions about the extent of his radiation exposure in a telephone interview Wednesday with Kyodo News.

Since the March 11 earthquake and tsunami crippled the plant, causing it to release radioactive materials into the environment, Murata has been staying inside a two-story antiseismic building on the plant's premises whose few windows are all covered with lead plates to prevent radiation from penetrating inside.

The only time Murata goes outside is when trucks arrive at the building with food from the J-village soccer training facility around 20 kilometers away, which serves as the base in Fukushima Prefecture for dealing with the nuclear disaster, he said.

english.kyodonews.jp...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

That, my friend, is the reactor pressure vessel itself (or what is left of it) where there was once uranium and plutonium rods separated by control rods. ... The corium melted its way out the bottom just before the explosion, opening the inner part of the reactor up. When the steam flashed, it immediately filled the area right above it, which was apparently the reactor vessel. ... I originally thought the steam explosion had come from around the sides of the RPV. Nope. It came from the RPV itself. That massive plume of dark gray smoke was the innards of the reactor being blown into the air.

As I have read your posts over the last several weeks, it has been quite obvious that you know much more what you are talking about than we will ever get from the MSM. (Thanks!)

Combining your analysis of the RPV from these photos and info from the New York Times and NRC that fuel from the spent fuel ponds was explosively ejected and covers up to a mile around the reactors, it sounds like the prognosis is getting worse and worse.

How does this new information affect your predictions for how it will affect Japan and also the rest of the world?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Thanks for being here. Glad you are back...for very, unfortunate, and now obvious reasons (what you found tonight). In your absence, a day or so ago (lost track), there was a report that - with its dodgy wording - raised the question of whether the control rods at Fukushima ever inserted (from the bottom) like they "normally" do in an earthquake.

link to place and source in thread

Given what we now know...could this have happened? Just want to cross this "possibility" off the list.

Thanks - and back to reading. (all ranted out.)

Nite to the night shift. So very glad you and many others are here. Thank you ATS...for being the most real place in a very unreal world right now.

ETA: Dear Tepco, California's once happy cows...would like a word with you...out back.

cow

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kismetphayze

VERY good info. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj
heres link to the Kitsap Sun
www.kitsapsun.com...
www.navy.mil...

Thanks... seems they don't want to get it 'dirty'... makes sense.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
reply to post by burntheships

Agreed about the MOX fuel. My concerns remain about how much fresh and spent Mox (destined for their future storage facility already under construction) was housed at Fukushima in the reactor pools or more likely in one of the two common spent fuel pools (there are two apparently.)

I read a report today that mentioned these rods were shipped a decade ago...who knows.
Anything is possible...

How much MOX did Fukushima have in those pools is still the lingering question. If the neutrons start picking partners and dancing together across all of Fukushima I...well...you want to know who or what you're dancing with. I haven't seen TEPCO come out with anything resembling an inventory list of fresh and spent fuel yet.

Yes, we owe green peace and others who kept MOX from Reactor 1 for so long.

Yes, and the homegrown activist of Japan!
Imagine, I am not a fan of Greenpeace either!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Fasi8nating piece of machinery glad i'm not responsible for her and all her crew

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Someone else just started a new thread with this link:

www.nytimes.com...

Slightly different article than the other one, I think, I don't remember seeing this part:

Linda L. Gunter, a spokeswoman for Tokyo Electric, dismissed the N.R.C. analysis, saying Thursday morning, “We believe the containment for the reactor is still functioning at Unit 2; however, the damage to the suppression pool may be the source of the radiation.”

"We believe"; "may be" WTF?

Basically they don't know for sure,, but they're dismissing the other info out of hand. Very, very bothersome.

ETA: Meanwhile, their cesium has packed its bags and decided to take a trans-pacific flight across the northern hemisphere.

edit on 6-4-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 576  577  578    580  581  582 >>

join