It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 575.htm
<< 572  573  574    576  577  578 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437
reply to post by TheRedneck

I did say everything but the core- especially with the release of the fact there's spent fuel rods strewn about the landscape and nearby ocean like a set of Lincoln Logs.

I still think that large falling object was the secondary containment lid or the RPV lid which means (to me anyway) the corium hit a flooded basement, the water flashed into steam and blew back upwards through the containment structure.

I don't know I've been looking in the pictures for the crane of the #3 building. It's not on the south side, it's not on the north side, it could be in the middle of the building. Or that hole in the roof of the turbine building may contain parts of it.

It's a pretty big piece of equipment to misplace.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Yeah, I just looked at RSOE again. Still nothing there for Fukushima.

Oh, and did I mention there's a tropical depression due south of there. It's about 1000 miles out, though, so hopefully it'll stay away (it looks like it moved more east than north since yesterday).

ETA: Thanks, found it now. Pushed to the bottom of the heap.

edit on 6-4-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by imlite

Originally posted by monica86
reply to post by OuttaHere

this is a PDF copy of the complete NRC assessment quoted in the NYTimes article

docs.google.com...

it was obtained by djysrv.blogspot.com...
edit on 6-4-2011 by monica86 because: (no reason given)

Thanks - very interesting reading.

I note that the neutron beams that were detected a mile from the site were not 'beams' as in rays but physical beams emitting neutrons (or MOX spent fuel rods) ejected from the spent fuel pond of reactor 3 (lol) - did anyone anywhere catch onto this or were we all successfully misdirected?

The fact that the spent fuel rods that were discovered next to reactor 3 and 4 also points to the picture analysis that we did here and was done on other sites as being correct.

yes, you are right!

here is what they say

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SDoradus

I did say everything but the core- especially with the release of the fact there's spent fuel rods strewn about the landscape and nearby ocean like a set of Lincoln Logs.

I still think that large falling object was the secondary containment lid or the RPV lid which means (to me anyway) the corium hit a flooded basement, the water flashed into steam and blew back upwards through the containment structure.

I don't know I've been looking in the pictures for the crane of the #3 building. It's not on the south side, it's not on the north side, it could be in the middle of the building. Or that hole in the roof of the turbine building may contain parts of it.

I've posted it a couple of times but the size co-incidence is just too much to be ignored:

thats the cap at scale cut from it's resting place in the picture of reactor #4(so we have something that would have been exactly like the # 3cap) and dropped in the hole on the turbine roof , a dime against a doughnut say the other hole is the primary cap
edit on 6-4-2011 by Silverlok because: 1,2,5, no 3 sir 3

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
Look's like they moved along like the rest of the media, nothing more to see

Yeah NHK has been running Japanese history stories and eco friendly stories

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The UN will study the effects of the nuclear crisis:

english.kyodonews.jp...

They'll even make a report...within two years.

And they're saying that it's not as "dramatic" as Chernobyl, yet "measurements are patchy and unclear".

''It is not as dramatic as Chernobyl, but it is certainly much much more serious than in Three Mile Island,'' he said, adding that it is very difficult to foresee the consequences of the Fukushima accident since the crisis is still ongoing.

Also it would be hard to make an assessment on the current situation, Weiss suggested, saying, ''The information we are getting is far from pointing out a picture which we would need to make an immediate assessment.''

''We don't always have the information we would like to have. Measurements are patchy and unclear.''

So...how can they make an accurate assessment? Answer: they can't.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
US Carriers returned home... quickly...

Those big aircraft carriers have nuclear reactors for power. Is it possible they got out of Dodge because of concerns about sucking in high level radiation from sea water? Not sure it would effect them, but that WAS the reason given for dumping water from #5/6

Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
This was Friday's readings, before they dropped the bomb of 7.5 million times yesterday (but recorded on Sat) What made that major leap over one day BEFORE the official dumping?

At first I simply thought it might be highly radioactive particulate matter getting out with the sea water , but four had a lot of material that may have still been concentrated , what if that corium got down low last week hit water and started fissioning in the water following a path of least resistance towards the thing allowing fission to go unchecked , the ocean , and the light first showed up to cover when the mass of corium under the plant cleared that hill and would have visible ( through cherenkov glow/heating ) on the night webcam .it explains why the lights moved and when the corium got to the ocean huge burst of radiation , a lot of speculation but I know some of you were catching some of those night cam shots they might have confirmation.it's a good bet that just like cherenobyl it may have followed the heat exchanger pipes, which kept it from flashing up
edit on 6-4-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok

Originally posted by SDoradus

I've posted it a couple of times but the size co-incidence is just too much to be ignored:

thats the cap at scale cut from it's resting place in the picture of reactor #4(so we have something that would have been exactly like the # 3cap) and dropped in the hole on the turbine roof , a dime against a doughnut say the other hole is the primary cap
edit on 6-4-2011 by Silverlok because: 1,2,5, no 3 sir 3

Hmm, could be. I've looked in the hole and tried to enhance it but can't get any detail out of it and nothing that proved the reactor lid had dropped there. But, as I'm fond of saying everything has to be somewhere.

Tepco knows what fell through the roof. I'd like their take on it. Heard anything else about the press conference where they take questions? I'd like this to be one of those questions.

I'm still missing the number 3 building crane. If it's still in the reactor building it would have to be in the middle. If it's in the middle and then it should have been blown through the roof by by the size of that massive explosion. I'd really like to track it down.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
US Carriers returned home... quickly...

Those big aircraft carriers have nuclear reactors for power. Is it possible they got out of Dodge because of concerns about sucking in high level radiation from sea water? Not sure it would effect them, but that WAS the reason given for dumping water from #5/6

Thoughts?

1) too much contamination in the air AND water ( I imagine that the ships use some sort of ocean evap cooing , and you wouldn't want to have to dry dock to clean the radiation from the seawater side of the heat exchanger )

2) if you have binoculars and you see a hurricane coming.....run

3) excessive neutron and other radiation energy causing oddities in the ships powerplants

In any event I think the radiation levels are too high at too many different levels, and the carriers special vision tells them worse is about to break free

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SDoradus

there is something green ( the color of the crane ) in the overhead shot in that circular off center hole ( nearer to the #4 a side ) if it was on that side then from the side perspective it's elevation is in or below the pools previous location

pic

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by windwaker

I'm gonna have to disagree----New Yorkers (and all other urbanites) have left themselves with absolutely no way to grow their own food for the next year or more. They are rejecting fish like ATLANTIC tuna, sushi that hasn't come from Japan for decades, but they'll continue to buy veggies, milk and meat at the bodega and not ask where THAT was grown and if it got fallout and if the farmers took precautions to reduce uptake of radionuclides?

At least us suburbanites have a piece of ground to eat from for a while, where we know what's gone into it and how it was grown. I love New York and New Yorkers, truly, but this is NOT the time to be living in a huge city where you're utterly dependent on your fellow man for absolutely EVERYTHING in your life. I feel horrible for urbanites right now-----not really much they can do but trust the government and corporations.

But make sure you have a green house. Radioactive rain can't grow nice veggies whether it's a suburban garden or an urban window box.!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SDoradus

what do you think of this one: looks like we have a winner :

Source
edit on 6-4-2011 by Silverlok because: what the hell is wrong with like

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

They are escaping a huge cloud of radioactivity and are returning home to help implement martial law to force people to keep working like slaves even when they start dropping like flies from radiation poisoning and cancer.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

Hmmm that kinda puts an interesting slant on nuclear war, doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by monica86
what is the LCNP?

They have made a request under the freedom of information act for all radiation measurement available to the NRC

pbadupws.nrc.gov...

Remember the songs lirics..."send lawyers, guns and money"

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok
Here is a good option for the source of that light on the web cam, it's at 1:53 ,
this film also pulls double duty as it pretty clearly shows the pool level and below it blown out front and back

Great find! Small detail is that this crane (at 1:53 in the video)

is on the northeastern side of reactor #3 or what is left of it, so not exactly in the expected position.

More likely it is a light in a similar position on the red crane in front of reactor building #4, which would be exactly in the right spot.

If you look at the video from which this is a still (the same you quote) it looks like there is a red and perhaps a blue light visible in the yellow circle.

Anyway, if there's nothing else coming up I think you nailed it.

Mendel

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
well the folks at Berkeley have posted the latest milk sample results for what it's worth...

4/6 (1:00pm): The new milk results are now posted. Iodine-131 is detected at lower levels than previously measured, but Cs-134 and Cs-137 are now being detected as well

to see the numbers go here

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

yes, it's been about ten years, but back before the D.O.D. put everything internet behind that unified single access portal , I remember reading about the theoretical frame work for disrupting or enhancing nuclear reactions at a distance and the possible use for such a tech as a weapon. Interesting stuff about doughnut shape lasers with proton or neutron beams directed down the hollow centers. If I remember it right the idea got started because of nukes in space having some odd hard to explain problems with under or over performing due to their exposure to space radiations...sorry I have nothing more concrete ... I would imagei that the general area around fukushima may have about the same abient radiation as a mild day in the unprotected space at about the orbit of venus
edit on 6-4-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 572  573  574    576  577  578 >>

join