It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 574.htm
<< 571  572  573    575  576  577 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

haven't you ever drank out of one of them boots?, if some of the stuff was already out of the core and in the bottom of the secondary the shape would be perfect to cause a initial force and then a secondary one just like that moment when all the beer shoots out of the bottom of the boot , just a thought..

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok
I wonder if the "public Ocean dumping operation" ( being SOO much smaller than weeks of leaking ) was them testing the international reaction to them trying another controlled melt down ( 6 with the the water being moved to 1or 2 to drain into the ocean through the still larger than a piss fixture unfixed leak) and the resultant ocean contamination , and when it actually got some very negative public attention they shifted gears to the nitrogen gamble
edit on 6-4-2011 by Silverlok because: clarity

So, kinda like setting a forest fire, to hide the burned weenies on the back yard grill...

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
Seriously dangerous levels...

Nah perfectly safe , nothing to worry about... well unless you actually want to eat anything. Those 'safe' levels have forced the suspension of fishing... but heck, lets find more 'ghost lights'

So I wonder if the continental shelf off Japan will emit that eerie ethereal blue Cherenkov radiation?

Now that your back to work here
Tell me why they are dumping water from #5 and #6 as well and why are we seeing high levels of 'leakage' from those two as well?

edit on 6-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This may have been shared before but if not, here you go.

A plethora of radioactivity readings from the Japanese MEXT (Ministry of Education, Sports, blah, blah)

Around the plant, at sea, airborne, some by TEPCO, some by MOD, etc.

www.mext.go.jp...

Also interesting link at the bottom to US DOE blog on the situation in Japan which take you their latest Radiological Assessment from April 4.

blog.energy.gov...

Have fun!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
www.coolwebcams.net...
Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant Webcam
It's dark right now tho.

It's the next day now, its dark and there aren't any lights visible.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This was Friday's readings, before they dropped the bomb of 7.5 million times yesterday (but recorded on Sat) What made that major leap over one day BEFORE the official dumping?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Looks like Japan will have a real problem with food supply soon. Very soon.

A radiation monitoring team has discovered high levels of contamination in crops grown on the outskirts of Minamisoma city in Japan. The data was collected from the gardens of Minamisoma city residents, and registered well over the official limits for spinach and other vegetables.

“In several Minamisoma gardens, the vegetables were too contaminated for consumption,” reports Rianne Teule, who is leading our food testing team. “The owner of one garden with contaminated spinach told us that she had received no information from authorities on the radiation risks to her crops, despite reports that government tests on plants in Minamisoma have been underway since March 18.”

The government has been publishing raw data from its own field monitoring. However, its assessment is far from comprehensive. Measurements taken by our radiation team in several parts of Minamisoma city show levels of up to 4.5 microSievert per hour, as opposed to the relatively low levels of 0.7 microSievert per hour recorded at the only official monitoring point in Minamisoma City. www.greenpeace.org...

High levels of contamination in crops grown on the outskirts of Minamisoma city, raising further concerns over health risks to residents and a lack of official information outside the 20km evacuation zone.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by Silverlok
I wonder if the "public Ocean dumping operation" ( being SOO much smaller than weeks of leaking ) was them testing the international reaction to them trying another controlled melt down ( 6 with the the water being moved to 1or 2 to drain into the ocean through the still larger than a piss fixture unfixed leak) and the resultant ocean contamination , and when it actually got some very negative public attention they shifted gears to the nitrogen gamble
edit on 6-4-2011 by Silverlok because: clarity

So, kinda like setting a forest fire, to hide the burned weenies on the back yard grill...

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

Except in reverse (somehow the forest fire has no clothes, the radiation releases into the ocean
have been far more severe and much more volume than that "pittance" they floated into the MSM)
edit on 6-4-2011 by Silverlok because: ocean

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Okay, they are up to something that they are doing in the middle of the night? I don't buy that last night they just happen to pull a barge in with a major light - to spot - the web cam? Now, I went back through the photo's Here and see that we have a similar spot on the web cam on April 2, 2011. Two days later, we have a massive jump in numbers? I HATE SNEAKY!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

Yeah, I was mainly qualifying instead of debating... just in case anyone started thinking that the corium was what was playing Lincoln Logs across the grounds (LOVE that analogy, btw
).

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

Nah, we here in the South are sophisitamacated now... we drink out of glasses.

Seriously, though, you're right except that the corium would be like a gravel in the bottom of the boot... when the foam all subsided, the gravel would still be there.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by unityemissions
The sense of novelty has run it's course. Now we'll need super, mega, uber doom topic to draw as much attention.

perhaps... wait for it...

but this case was all of ATS had a momentary glitch that allowed only page 1 to be seen in a thread... there is a thread on it in BB...

Must have been a radiation spike huh?

Are you trying to be an asshole?! Humor doesn't often translate well online.

I wasn't aware of the glitch. Not sure if you're autistic or not, but people do exist outside of you, and they experience different things as well.

That last bit...so now I'm disinfo or something?!

Get a life.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I have no idea about #5 and #6 so far... last I heard they were in cold shutdown and the only concern was the spent fuel pools.

I dunno.... could the air around the area be radioactive enough to increase the decay rates of the spent fuel? I honestly wouldn't think so, but I can't think of any other reason for them to be releasing radioactive contamination.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by monica86
reply to post by OuttaHere

this is a PDF copy of the complete NRC assessment quoted in the NYTimes article

docs.google.com...

it was obtained by djysrv.blogspot.com...
edit on 6-4-2011 by monica86 because: (no reason given)

Thanks - very interesting reading.

I note that the neutron beams that were detected a mile from the site were not 'beams' as in rays but physical beams emitting neutrons (or MOX spent fuel rods) ejected from the spent fuel pond of reactor 3 (lol) - did anyone anywhere catch onto this or were we all successfully misdirected?

The fact that the spent fuel rods that were discovered next to reactor 3 and 4 also points to the picture analysis that we did here and was done on other sites as being correct.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Japan Times article gives a good summary of radiation units, old Roentgen is not mentioned.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Radiation terminology numbs, confuses, varies by need and country

search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/nn20110405f2.html

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I was just checking out the RSOE website, and the radiation link to Fukushima is no longer present.

They had 75 or so updates on there, and now it's not there at all.

Can I get one of those lead-lined tin-foil hats now? My 'oh crap' sense is tingling.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by zorgon

I have no idea about #5 and #6 so far... last I heard they were in cold shutdown and the only concern was the spent fuel pools.

I dunno.... could the air around the area be radioactive enough to increase the decay rates of the spent fuel? I honestly wouldn't think so, but I can't think of any other reason for them to be releasing radioactive contamination.

TheRedneck

they released a report that Arnie from fairewinds commentated on CONFIRMING a recent uncontrolled critcality in #6 , due to the release of short lived fission isotopes , no word if it's reactor or pool though, over the last couple of days the pool at one or two has been heating up (and possibly the core ) and the web cam from the other night showed what looks like excessive heat in a gas in the upper chamber of 5 or 6 , unfortunately the pic from the cam is now being "noised up"

previous 'normal' noise and stuff upper left new amazingly uninformative oddly uniform noise lower left:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

Hmm

Look's like they moved along like the rest of the media, nothing more to see

I found it though, further down. just off the headline.
edit on 6-4-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy
I was just checking out the RSOE website, and the radiation link to Fukushima is no longer present.

They had 75 or so updates on there, and now it's not there at all.

Can I get one of those lead-lined tin-foil hats now? My 'oh crap' sense is tingling.

It's there. It is now considered long term though. RSOE Emergency and Disaster Information Service -Fukushima

link   
Pretty sure they felt this quake qt the plant. These continued rumblings cannot be helping matters.

top topics

<< 571  572  573    575  576  577 >>

join