It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 572.htm
<< 569  570  571    573  574  575 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SDoradus

My question looking at the cement sprayer video and is if Art is correct and the spent fuel crane has dropped into the pool. So I put together this stereo pair of the hole in the side of reactor building four.

From the images it looks like the floor is level and that the fuel dolly crane is still sitting above the pool.

I've included the image here because I thought you would like to make up your own minds about it.

The top image is a red/blue anaglyph of the bottom pair.

Download it locally for best view. Cross your eyes for the lower pair if you have that talent.

edit on 4-4-2011 by SDoradus because: Viewing instructions.

edit on 4-4-2011 by SDoradus because: add another version

Ok, I've looked at the data for a couple of days now and I'm convinced of the following;
#1 Reactor is melted down and the reactor has periodically gone critical again.
#2 Reactor is melted down and the containment is blown apart and unrepairable, massive leaking of the contents of the reactor.
#3 sigh. Destroyed in a devastating explosion (as if the other three weren't bad) and the plutonium fuel is scattered within a 2 mile radius of the plant. That redish smoke explosion was the MOX fuel inside the reactor. A terrorist could not build a better dirty bomb.
#4 The south wall of the spent fuel pool is blown off, it can not be filled the fuel assemblies can not be submerged.
#5 & #6 Great risk here because the water backing up in the plant threatens to shut down cooling. Great risk.

So what do we do? The radiation levels are so high no one can enter the reactor buildings. The pool walls can not be repaired. Spraying water on the fuel rods in the spent fuel pools is ineffective because the water runs right out of the pools and into the ocean.

The only thing I can hope to do is discover that I am wrong about these conclusions. Tepco has not admitted that the above is the state of things but I fear that it is.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
What happened to the thread?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I had to go to Google Chrome browser to be able to view it. Not sure what is up???

JT

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by monica86
reply to post by brocktoon

are they getting ready for class actions already?...

Yup, can see the commercials on tv, from the true bottom feeders of the legal world...

"ATTENTION: Have you or anyone you know, been stricken with any ailment after exposure to,
milk, water, strawberries, leafy vegetables, fish, beef, and in some instances air?

You may be eligible for really big bucks, from anyone we can scare enough to give us some."

Des

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Same problem here...kept looping back to pg 1...we been hacked?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Nah, they are a peace group.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Let's take a look at some of Tepco's shenanigans in the past, shall we?

About 100 drums containing low-level nuclear waste at the plant were knocked over by the quake and the lids of some of them came off, Kyodo news agency reported. TEPCO officials were not immediately available for comment. The company said earlier that 1,200 litres of radioactive water had sloshed into the sea from the plant but should not affect the environment.

Source, 2007

The Fukushima plans have been frozen since 2002, when TEPCO's revelation of falsified safety data led to shutdowns of all of its nuclear units in the following year, weakening public confidence in the industry and driving up oil prices. Utilities are confessing to decades-old nuclear missteps, most of which were not required to be reported at the time, after Tokyo ordered them to check past records by the end of March in an effort to improve public confidence of the industry.

Source, 2007

Executive Vice President Masataka Shimizu will take over from Tsunehisa Katsumata as president, the paper said. Katsumata became president in 2002 after his predecessor stepped down in a scandal over fabricated nuclear power plant data.

Source, 2008

TOKYO, Japan (CNN) -- The president, vice president and chairman of Japan's largest utility are quitting following a nuclear safety scandal, along with two advisers.

The Monday announcements came after Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO) admitted last week that it may have failed to accurately report cracks at its nuclear reactors in the late 1980s and 1990s. The company and the Japanese government are probing whether workers covered up reports of the cracks.

TEPCO is suspected of falsifying 29 cases of safety repair records.

Source, 2002

So we can see a long pattern of misdeeds by Tepco and a systematic attempt at covering those misdeeds.

Tepco is the fourth largest electric power company in the world (1st: E.ON, 2nd: Électricité de France, 3rd: RWE), and the largest to hail from Asia. The amount of electricity it sells annually is the same as the amount Italy uses in a year. Tepco has one-third of the Japanese electric market. Tepco is the largest of the 10 electric utilities in Japan.

Source

It seems as though size does matter.

Is the Japanese government so lacking in ability or will to make a change here, or are they just bought off?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Same problem here...kept looping back to pg 1...we been hacked?

Using Firefox here - no problems.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by brocktoon
reply to post by Destinyone

Nah, they are a peace group.

That's why I pointed out the "true bottom feeders of the legal world" as being the ambulance chasers vs the good guys.

I hope they bust butt in getting the real scoop-o-poop through any means they can. Smash through the brittle veneer of misdirection by TEPCO.

Des
edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
Let's take a look at some of Tepco's shenanigans in the past, shall we?

(snip)

Jeez - it's just like the movie "The China Syndrome"

Also makes you wonder - if these things can go on at something as sensitive and (supposedly) regulated as a nuclear power station, what on earth goes on at other places...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
reply to post by Maluhia

I'm proud of my fellow New Yorkers. We are a smart bunch. And though sushi fish probably doesn't come from Japan, were not going to just eat it without finding out its origins first.

Um, weren't you the guy who said a couple days ago that New Yorkers were being oblivious fools for walking around outside in the rain and getting drenched in radioactive iodine and cesium?

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kismetphayze

In timedelay threadtransit mode but:

the odd 'box' is cause by a slightly off center portion of the picture being just a bit lighter than pure blck around the bright spot , it is almost certainly scattering from the original light source and indicates that the light is pointed almost directly at teh web cam ( but a bit , from our perspective left )

(bicubic enlarge200% and color and lightness saturation)

The little rectangles are normal compression artifacts from a nearly uniform dark source but the light and it's 'bloom' are quite evident..if they faked it it's a really exceptional job for the level of competence we've seen at tempco .

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDBIT

You haven’t missed much. We had the “Ghost Light” mystery that was solved

really?
in the last 20 pages that was all that was important?

Hmmm well I guess it's time to clean my pool and cut the grass and build a bunker for my Ferrets

Well, I'm sure there is a good trouser, ferret and fall out joke in there somewhere......

A ferret fell out of his trousers?

TMI, TMI

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
April 6, 2011, 4:04 a.m. EDT
Tepco shares fall as government mulls power plan
www.marketwatch.com...

Power-usage reductions

Tepco has implemented rolling blackouts due to shortfalls caused by disaster, but the blackouts will end this month under a plan crafted by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, business daily Nikkei reported Wednesday.

METI projected a power shortfall this summer of 10 million kilowatts in areas served by Tepco, which could raise as high as a 15 million-kilowatt shortfall in the case of unseasonably hot weather

Under METI’s plan, large-lot customers serviced by the utility will have to cut peak summer electricity consumption by 25%-30%. Small businesses and households will be asked to reduce their usage 20% and 15%, respectively, the Nikkei said.

A separate Nikkei report said reducing power usage sharply might be hard for such large-lot customers as semiconductor manufacturers, who run their production lines around the clock. Idling equipment could cause quality problems, Nikkei said.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by monica86
what is the LCNP?

They have made a request under the freedom of information act for all radiation measurement available to the NRC

pbadupws.nrc.gov...

Interesting.

World-wide class action lawsuit anyone?

Even the lawyers are scared, and that's saying something!

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet
Given the similarities to a shotgun shell/canon ... it would not be hard to envision something else getting launched up into the air from the explosions. Like say, part of the reactor body itself.

If sufficient explosive force were applied the entire reactor capsule could have been ejected.

I'm not saying it did... just that the possibility exists.

M.

(Oh and if you consider there were likely 3 distinct explosions in reactor # 3....)

edit on 6-4-2011 by Moshpet because: PS - I'm really hoping we don't see a worse repeat of the #3 going boom via #5 .

Most of everything inside #3 is now outside in a circumferential pattern with the exception of the core itself

There were 2 blasts, one of hydrogen and one (most likely) RPV failure. The sounds on the video are NOT explosive in nature but most likely structural failures leading to H2 release. The H2 explosion weakens an already severely corroded and melted RPV and the RPV goes up in a directional explosion.

The RPV lid IIRC went off to the left somewhere.
edit on 6-4-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The sense of novelty has run it's course. Now we'll need super, mega, uber doom topic to draw as much attention.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

I was in another thread a while ago and it kept looping to the first page as well

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy

You haven’t missed much. We had the “Ghost Light” mystery that was solved

really?
in the last 20 pages that was all that was important?

Hmmm well I guess it's time to clean my pool and cut the grass and build a bunker for my Ferrets

Well, I'm sure there is a good trouser, ferret and fall out joke in there somewhere......

A ferret fell out of his trousers?

TMI, TMI

What should you do in case of Fall Out?

Pop your Ferret back in and zip up your trousers!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

The sense of novelty has run it's course. Now we'll need super, mega, uber doom topic to draw as much attention.

I think everyone here, is still in silent shock, at the super, mega, uber, doom scenario that is.

top topics

<< 569  570  571    573  574  575 >>

join