It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 566.htm
<< 563  564  565    567  568  569 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I guess this is what they mean by 'not business as usual'

(edit)from the prospective of the people that brought us MOX:
"...dammit we gotta do something withthe nuclear industry...after Fukushima there isn't a place on earth going to believe it's safe ...hey that gives me an idea:"
US, Russia discuss joint nuke-powered spaceship project

edit on 6-4-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
This plant used 'disposable workers' and had shoddy maintenance. I say forget the Nitrogen and inject the reactors with TEPCO officials

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

HMMMM...very interesting, thanks for pointing that out.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I was surprised to not see fluid running out the electrical conduit in the begining with all the integrity issues under that plant.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok
dammit we gotta do something with the nuclear industry...

Scrap it
until we figure out how to use that energy DIRECTLY and stop wasting it by boiling water and creating mega tons of waste.

Put in coal plants we have TONS of coal...

And I don't want to hear about that polution, because it is EASY to put a SCRUBBER on the chimney like they did on the smelters in Sudbury. Clean air and pure sulfur collected from the scrubbers

Years ago I saw a plant for Paris... don't know if they built it (thought they did but I can't find it) The design was a huge round building that had bay doors all around it. A big claw crane in the center picked up 30 tons at a time and dumped it on a conveyor belt. The material was TRASH, the garbage trucks dumped at the bay doors.

Along the belt people hand picked off plastic glass and aluminum and there was a magnet for iron. The rest went into a big furnace and incinerated. The ash and the collection from the scrubbed became fertilizer and the heat powered boilers that created electricity and steam heat for part of the city.

I was sure they built it... maybe it was a plan or I was in another time line

But it would solve land fill issues and generate power

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Montana wants to use our ports to export coal now that we are being conjoled by our enviromentalist to shutter ours down.
I live in a town with the last coal fire electric plant in the whole north west.
they are closing boardman in 2015 and want ours shut to.
300 living wage jobs bye bye if we don't convert to natural gas.
We already lost our coal mine and all our coal comes from out of state.
I'm referring to my state of Washington.
I tell ya i'm one worried and mad man.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
edit on 6-4-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj
I was surprised to not see fluid running out the electrical conduit in the beginning with all the integrity issues under that plant.

Yeah how about that eh? Especially since they show THIS The red pipe is the electrical conduit

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

I am also tired and want to bury my head under my pillow before i say something really stupid or nasty.
Good night all, tomorrow will come wether wewant it to or not, keep the faith.
I'll get caught back up with the thread in the morning and maybe have some answers or at least more questions that might help.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Nikkei, Deutsche Presse-Agentur -

Nitrogen to be injected to prevent explosion at Japan plant
06.04.2011 11:26

en.trend.az/regions/world/ocountries/1856620.html

(...)

Tokyo Electric Power Co might start later in the day to pump in 6,000 cubic metres of nitrogen gas into the containment vessel of reactor number 1 at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station, the Nikkei business daily said.

The operator is also considering pumping nitrogen into reactors 2 and 3, the Nikkei said.

(...)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MedievalGhost

edit on 6-4-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

Empty link? Try try again.....

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Montana wants to use our ports to export coal now that we are being conjoled by our enviromentalist to shutter ours down.

Well some group needs to push coal as safe and clean as long as the scrubbers are mandatory. The mining companies in Sudbury screamed it was too expensive... nothing green grew within 50 miles. Today the scrubbers are in place and paying for themselves with pure refined sulfur. I hear Pittsburg did the same... I have a photo of the area 1910 and one about 1980 one is brown and lifeless, the other is green and clean.

It CAN be done... and by the time this Fukushima deal is done, it would be good to push that
edit on 6-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

How a bout that is right...... Jesus!! nothing makes sence when your being lied to.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The company that owns the mine and controls the power plant is in Canada

It is called Trans Alta.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
rbrtj, not sure if it was you who was looking for a geological map of Japan but hope this was helps. Maybe someone could match it up to the plant so we know exactly what rock it is sat on.

Link to map

I haven't been able to find any details about how the reactor was fastened to the bedrock but I would imagine they will have used anchor bolts either set into a huge slab of concrete or they blasted out parts of the bedrock and grouted them into that. It is only my opinion but I think due to everything being so rigid this added to the problem, it would either be part of the reactor framework that cracked first or the ground in the earthquake even though the reactor framework itself is meant to have some tolerance.

Tepco seemed to get very excited in their brochure about building their emergency response building on a seismic isolation system in July 2010 so it seems they didn't take any precautions with a coil system anywhere else on the plant.
page 14
Also on that page it mentions about off site training facilities exactly like the plant so I trust even less now those original photos of the control room gaining power.

Zorgon, many thanks for all your hard work and keeping us posted. If you look at the overhead plan drawing there are many pipes not visible above ground and I think due to the nature of the pipes from the reactor to the turbine building being radioactive, or at least the steam is, these will have been built underground.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

reply to post by zorgon

The company that owns the mine and controls the power plant is in Canada

It is called Trans Alta.

Trans Alta has spent millions doing everything to make it clean, but it just won't satisfy the sierra club who says it clouds the view of Mt. Rainier.
Trans alta also spent millions on county wide improvement projects, so I can't be mad at them and i'm not, they just can't keep throwing away to satisfy the eco elite.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MissTiger

Yeah it was me wondering about it I'll put on a pot of coffee and look it over.
Many thanks, tooo

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MissTiger

Thank you I'm putting on coffee and looking for me rock books.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

Good find. That's the light.....

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissTiger
rbrtj, not sure if it was you who was looking for a geological map of Japan but hope this was helps. Maybe someone could match it up to the plant so we know exactly what rock it is sat on.

Neogene sedimentary

top topics

<< 563  564  565    567  568  569 >>

join