It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 564.htm
<< 561  562  563    565  566  567 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Silverlok
The pic is a doctored up piece of crap CG Zorgon even allow 5% for scale mismatch no way that's correct , they made the reactor way too short ,

also they are not showing the pools as high up as they should be and no pool what so ever on the upper right hand side of the containment ( they even have it kind of covered with words blobs )

also

#3 there is NOTHING left at anything approaching the height of the pools
#4 you can see the cracked broken and dry pool , and damage
#1 might have still had some structure at pool height but the night glow indicates the pool melted out
#2 only one that does not appear to have damage visible at or below the pools ( but all that steam came from somewhere )
edit on 5-4-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

Yes and those pipes that take that radioactive steam from the reactor to the turbine room... can we see the state of those on any images we have so far?

Hey Zorgon, I dont know if you already saw these high resolution images: (from cryptome site)

cryptome.org...
cryptome.org...
cryptome.org...

Hope this help.

link   
reply to post by burntheships

Agreed about the MOX fuel. My concerns remain about how much fresh and spent Mox (destined for their future storage facility already under construction) was housed at Fukushima in the reactor pools or more likely in one of the two common spent fuel pools (there are two apparently.) Fresh MOX and spent MOX, from my understanding, can both be stored in these pools.

There are many sellers in this market of spent fuel rods looking for places to land. Seems what to do with this stuff posed a bit of a problem...hence was also a "golden" opportunity for those willing to take it, store it, and even better...reprocess it.

How much MOX did Fukushima have in those pools is still the lingering question. If the neutrons start picking partners and dancing together across all of Fukushima I...well...you want to know who or what you're dancing with. I haven't seen TEPCO come out with anything resembling an inventory list of fresh and spent fuel yet.

Yes, we owe green peace and others who kept MOX from Reactor 1 for so long. A change in politics and Fukushima got their MOX in Reactor 3. Since MOX began shipping from France in 1999 to Japan...you just have to wonder...where is it all sitting?

Thanks for the great information. Keep it coming.

Night all.

edit on 5-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet

Radiation-shielding sheets to be installed in Sept. at earliest

A plan to cover damaged reactor buildings at the crisis-hit Fukushima nuclear plant with special sheets to halt radiation leakage cannot offer a quick remedy, as the sheeting will be installed in September at the earliest due to high-level radioactivity hampering work at the site, government sources said Tuesday.

The government had asked Tokyo Electric Power Co., operator of the Fukushima Daiichi power station crippled by the March 11 quake and tsunami, to study the installment of radiation-shielding sheets, and a major construction firm commissioned to examine the idea said the construction will not start until June, the sources told Kyodo News.

Did they just now think about this?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon
reply to post by MedievalGhost

And if its big enough,could it also Damage No 5 and/or No 6? (thinking about the Explosion from No 3 which heavily damaged No 4) Or is the Distance big enough?

Reactors 5 and 6 are separate from reactors 1-4, on the other side of the plant. But I suppose falling debris from a reactor 1 explosion could land on and damage 5 or 6. Let's hope not. Reactor 2 is more likely to be damaged in a large reactor 1 explosion.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok
wait unless you mean the firetruck and I think they still have some of those , just maybe not with firemen

Yes sorry I did mean firemen... I think they made that one valiant attempt on the 18th and then high tailed it out of there, left the concrete boom and a few trucks behind (contaminated?) because we never see any different shots of continued pumping and efforts. All the stills are the same ones from that one attempt

These are supposed to be today... but I see no barges or activity and lots of steam

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

Originally posted by okiecowboy
reply to post by woodwytch

what area are you talking about?
I really really think it would be hard to spot a body in this pic do to how small it would be

Sorry everyone (*blushes at own stupidity) please excuse me whilst I sculk back into my corner and restrict myself to 'read only'.

Woody

That's fine Woodwitch, just make sure it's the lower left corner

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
www.gsj.jp...
here is some geology info... do you suppose they are hiding more MOX in lime stone caves?
>>>>
unit.aist.go.jp...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDBIT

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy
reply to post by IDBIT

Good idea, but the shell of full disclosure still needs to be cracked first.

ETA: And they better give the fishermen rad suits!
edit on 5-4-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

In other words.... The lobster of disclosure must meet the shell cracker of destiny?

Exactly. And we're going to catch the lobster!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj
www.gsj.jp...
here is some geology info... do you suppose they are hiding more MOX in lime stone caves?
>>>>
unit.aist.go.jp...

This second link took me to
the looking into storing nuclear waste on the island of Japan???

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj
www.gsj.jp...
>>>>
unit.aist.go.jp...

Don't say that.

Don't even think it.
edit on 5-4-2011 by notsofunnyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The way TEPCO runs nuke plants makes me very nervous about them storing radioactive material anywhere?
The info I'm looking for is not coming easy either

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
NHK about to repeat now

www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

www.publicintegrity.org...
While the U.S. Department of Energy previously reported figures on overall spent fuel storage, it no longer has updated information available. A spokesman for the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, which oversees nuclear power plant safety, said the agency was still searching for a compilation of spent fuel data.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I also am still wondering if those control rods actually inserted when the earthquake hit like they were supposed to - I attribute the questions to the "unique wording" issues we have experienced and the need to read between the lines when they speak. In those early days..their words were a bit fuzzy on those control rod insertions. The sentence started with "Normally"...and then went on to explain how control rods insert if an earthquake hits.As, always, when they speak, it gets picked up everywhere and carried along in the winds like bad rads with that same wording. It's that "normally" word that bothers me. Since they insert from the bottom...it might explain some leaking and exploding if they didn't get in all the way or at all before the power cut.

Example:

Normally, should a powerful earthquake occur, a control rod will immediately be inserted into a nuclear reactor to control fission reactions and prevent the reactor from achieving criticality. Furthermore, the emergency core cooling system (ECCS) will fill the reactor with fresh water to cool down its core.

Following the recent earthquake, all 10 nuclear reactor units at both plants shut down automatically. However, some of them failed to secure sufficient power supply to sustain their ECCS functions after the tsunami damaged a pump and other equipment for two emergency power generators attached to each nuclear reactor.

Source

Nite.

P.S. The NEA pdf's I've tried to open tonight (that I've had open before) no longer open off the net. Other's are flagging IP's. Just sayin'...save...save...save...your work...

edit on 6-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Nitey Nite

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

That has been covered in this thread (somewhere
, they had some KNOWN safety violations relating to emergency power , generators / batteries either non-functional or missing equipment, among other safety violations (30+ if memory serves)
, so it probably represents some front loading in case that information became important , that is of course back when the corporate types though the magic wand waving was still powered up and they only had to spin spin spin.
edit on 6-4-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

Ya...I think I even posted it.
Couldn't tell you where though. But it's here...safe and sound...unlike the rest of the net tonight...see my PS above. Some folks are just getting all hatches down on info lately.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
VERMONT YANKEE Nuke Plant built in 1972

Same design as Fukushima. Governor of Vermont is trying to revoke the 20 year extension the plant was given

Nuke plants in USA not counting military plants

edit on 6-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

pretty much explains why my counrty tis of thee is being so quiet.
All that radiation for 20% of our power?
A school with in shouting distance of the same type of reactor that is destined to fail like Japans and they want to give it 20 more years!!!!
I hope that Govenor gets his veto.
This type of example being set in our own country is plain ass wrong.
Makes Japa look like Saints!
I think i'm going to my cookies
There I feel a bit better.
I'll keep digging through the night, not going to sleep until meds kick in for sure now.

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I don't know if it makes a hill of beans difference or not...but those six reactors are three different types of BWR reactors according to this.

The original pdf won't open for me anymore, but you can find it elsewhere.

And yes, I must have been confused earlier tonight about what is spewing out of where on this plant. Thanks for keeping me on track.

I don't think they know what's coming out of where either.

Peace....out.

new topics

top topics

<< 561  562  563    565  566  567 >>

join