It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 560.htm
<< 557  558  559    561  562  563 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by imjustlikeyou
Fly over video of the damaged reactors.

www.liveleak.com...

Look at the 30sec mark - what is that red hot glowing rod in the debris ??

We seen that before, but is the same video or a new one i don't have a time stamp to go by unless I missed.
I will say that as fast as they are moving around in the air that this thing is hot as hell and that plane or helo will not be able to leave Japan until it is cleaned.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
EVENING UPDATE

Japan's nuclear energy spokesman APOLOGIZES to the neighboring countries for the dumping of the water. He admitted that Japan did NOT warn anyone they were going to do it and promises next time that they will call them first

Geez... do it, apologize and do it again tomorrow even worse seems to be the norm in Japan right now. I USED to really respect their honor system...

On the 'plugged leak' It is still my opinion and I am sticking to it that they didn't plug anything, just turned off the flow in that pit. I clearly see a round hole now where the water came out. I would LOVE to see this pit pre-quake. I bet that would show us. I also want to see the LOCATION of this pit as it is NOT the same one that they poured cement into, which is obvious by the lack of cement in THIS one... pure obfuscation here and misdirection

Even that science geek I dislike on NHK says this doesn't stop the contamination and TEPCO did say yesterday their were multiple cracks. Also that small flow is not heavy enough to account for the contamination levels 30km offshore

THIS is flowing out of the plant... where is THIS flow coming from?

#1- #4 effluent vents

#5- #6 effluent vents

You can see the INTAKE vents on the left... so WHY is no one addressing where this large volume of water is coming from?

edit on 5-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

Ok lets have somebody with a better machine than ine figure out the time and date of the footage and verify what reactors they are.
Take your time.... we got to get it right.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by imjustlikeyou

Screen capture 30 sec mark

It may be a fuel rod that was ejected.

www.liveleak.com...
edit on 4/5/2011 by Erasurehead because: add source link

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Thank you also.

That report you posted about the bee keeper and the dead bees...

Oh, Lord... I'm gutted...

In my post I was just writing about what to look for in the future. With the bees. And they're finding them dead already?

People, the bees are like the canary in the coal mine.

If the canary stopped singing and fell off its perch, the miners knew they had to get out. Fast.

You all understand what I'm saying?

MIke

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves

Originally posted by lernmore
Outflow of highly radioactive water into sea stops: TEPCO

Good news...hopefully. What happens, though, when the reactors/pools fill up and you can't add water to keep them cool as has been brought up on this thread?

Sounds like they may have been a bit concerned with the "neighbors" showing up to spot check them.

South Korea has aired concern over the radioactive water release as a neighboring country and said Tuesday that Seoul will ask Tokyo to allow it to conduct on-the-spot radiation tests for seawater contamination if necessary.

Boris Preobrazhensky of the Russian Academy of Sciences, a researcher based in Vladivostok, also criticized the dumping of radioactive water, saying it could adversely affect migratory fish in the western Pacific as well as the Russian fishery industry.

Hidehiko Nishiyama, a spokesman for Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency, expressed regret over triggering concerns among neighboring countries.

''We feel very sorry for causing anxiety among our neighbors. We could not help but resort to the measure, but we will provide full explanations from now on,'' he said at a news conference.

Kyodo

I don't know how they can say definitively that the leaks have stopped too. Yes, maybe they aren't dumping more water at the moment, but we seem to have established that since the ground sank, the bedrock cracked and the water level has risen - the ocean is their containment vessel and cooling system. Maybe they made the statement - quickly - during a low tide.

I'm not buying it that the leaks have stopped going into the ocean....yet. Hoping so, but it doesn't seem possible with the swiss cheese bedrock under those plants.

Thanks for sharing whatever good news we can get though.

ETA: WAIT A MINUTE! Yesterday they said it was NOT highly radioactive water they were dumping. They were dumping their "slightly" contaminated water to make room in storage for the highly radioactive water. I call foul.

Tokyo Electric Power Co., which runs the Fukushima Daiichi power station, began dumping low-level radioactive water into the Pacific Ocean on Monday as an emergency step to secure room for the storage of more highly contaminated water.

Emphasis added. They were either lying yesterday or they lied today. No way around it.

edit on 5-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

lies
edit on 5-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: forgot the source

Engineers have stopped highly radioactive water leaking into the sea from a crippled Japanese nuclear power plant, a breakthrough in the battle to contain the worst nuclear crisis since Chernobyl. However the plant's operator, Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO), still needs to pump contaminated water into the sea because of a lack of storage space at the facility.

sounds a little too convenient for me. I wonder if they think we will forget or go away.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgon... glad your here..salute!!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimar
It says that Reactors 5 and 6 are at risk of flooding. Oh boy

On March 31st NHK posted the water 'leakage' That was BEFORE the dump and the level had reached 4385 times. At the same time they showed water contamination from #5 and #6 at 1425 times higher than legal.

Seems EVERYONE is focusing on the silly little Spigot in the Pit and not asking what all that water is gushing out of the sea vents and WHY is #5 and #6 also draining radioactive water into the sea?

Even in the deliberate dump of 10,000 tons from the reclamation building they ALSO released 1,500 tons from #5/#6 WHY? I thought those two where cool? They just flushing for convenience?

If you pay attention to the image the contaminate water is NOT COMING FROM THE PIT, but the sea gates on the left and the right...

The whole cracked pit nonsense is TOTAL BS

It is coming in huge volumes right from HERE

and HERE

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Uh yeah... I get it.... same with hmming birds.
I watch my humming bird every morning and they are still are arriving for break fast, but how long?
Let's just keep plugging along and stay on top of this if not for anything else at least it keeps our minds and hands busy trying to get the answers.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
ETA: WAIT A MINUTE! Yesterday they said it was NOT highly radioactive water they were dumping. They were dumping their "slightly" contaminated water to make room in storage for the highly radioactive water. I call foul.

Your confused...

The highly radioactive water was from the supposed leak in the pit which they supposedly fixed ( I call foul on that BS as I just showed)

The water they deliberately dumped was comparatively low level. When they first announced it they said 100 times higher but 30 minutes later NHK said 500 times higher. This was ABOVE and in addition to the leaked water which was at 4385 times higher on Fri and jumped to 5 MILLION times higher on Saturday, which they only reported last night. Since they only started dumping the water at 7pm on MONDAY night (9 pm from #5/6), this volume of contamination COULD NOT come from that small round hole in that pit and in fact NHK shows it was measured at the effluent gates

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

where are the boys with the drone airplane? did it get to hot to handle?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj
Zorgon... glad your here..salute!!

Thanks

Gonna repost this because it really seems to me that most people are not seeing it...

High level of iodine-131 detected in Fukushima

The operator of the disaster-stricken Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant has detected 5 million times higher than the legal limit of radioactive iodine in seawater around the plant.

Tokyo Electric Power Company says it detected 300,000 bequerels of iodine-131 per 1 cubic centimeter, or 7.5 million times higher than the legal limit in samples taken around the water intake of the No. 2 reactor at 11:50 AM on Saturday.

It also found 200,000 bequerels or 5 million times higher than the limit in samples taken at 9AM on Monday.

Monday's sample also shows 1.1 million times higher than the national limit of cesium-137 whose half-life is 30 years.

The power company has been checking concentrations of radioactive materials in the seas around the plant as water containing high levels of radioactive materials has been pouring out of the cracked concrete pit near the No.2 reactor.

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 13:57 +0900 (JST)

www3.nhk.or.jp...

5 million times higher than the limit in samples taken at 9AM on Monday - Iodine 131

1.1 million times higher than the national limit of cesium-137

And that is PER CUBIC CENTIMETER

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj
where are the boys with the drone airplane? did it get to hot to handle?

Since the helicopters that flew over with the water dumps were EMITTING 'hundreds of milliseiverts" days after the fly overs I would say anything above the plants now might fry robot drones... not sure though, but it is a hot zone

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I have started a topic in the Japan Crisis forum. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I thought that best than cluttering this forum.

Des

They are called Heroes by their own people. Men of distinguished courage and ability, admired for their brave deeds and noble qualities. They will all be gone soon, if not already. Thrown under the bus, by the very people who hired them to do a Heroes' task, but gave them no tools to accomplish that job. TEPCO will live with the shame, of what they have done to these Brave Souls...

Please, if you so feel, join me in lighting a Candle for those Brave Heroes. They deserve so much more, but this is all I can do for now. I hope that you will offer your support and prayers, with a moment of silence, and remembrance for True Heroes.

I have started a group called the "Fhero" www.gratefulness.org...

You may go to the main Light a Candle page to start. www.gratefulness.org...

To add your candle to the group, fill in group name Fhero while lighting your candle.

Bless them, and us, for they are giving their lives to help us all.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Okay for the image analysis crowd...

ANALYSE THIS

Notice two things..

1) The height of the reactor in this cross section
2) the height of the pipe sending the hot radioactive steam to the turbines...

Now go ye forth and compare those heights to those of the floors left in #3 and #4

NHK Science Geek says he is not convinced the leaks have stopped (first time I agree with him... there may be hope for him yet
especially since he said if this continues it WILL effect our fishing and the foods we eat
)

He also said...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
WHY is #5 and #6 also draining radioactive water into the sea?

Even in the deliberate dump of 10,000 tons from the reclamation building they ALSO released 1,500 tons from #5/#6 WHY? I thought those two where cool? They just flushing for convenience?

Originally posted by makeitso

Originally posted by zorgon

But WHY oh WHY are they dumping water from #5 and #6 now?

Good question. Seems there is a problem @ #5 & #6.
I quietly posted it, but few noticed.
Anything in this PDF catch your eye now?

Press Release Appendix (Mar 31,2011)
Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station: the result of measurement of sub drain(PDF 11.2KB)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
I quietly posted it, but few noticed.

Yeah I noticed and filed it
Unfortunately the thread moves so fast we need to repost the important stuff from time to time. #5 and # 6 SHOULD NOT be showing certain elements IF they are in fact shut down and cooled.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hey now you know all that water is coming from that little bitty hole.....
so don't worry

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

I noticed and the X 10 factor too.
Are you thionking what i'm thinking and those 6 reactors or whats left of them are going to start talking to one another and blow up?
I'm not a scientist, but when those neurons start flying don't they go find others to join in the party?
edit on 5-4-2011 by rbrtj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

I don't know.
They should be mostly shielded by the water surrounding them.

There are only a couple things I can think of.
The drainage tunnels are somehow connected together, or something is going on that we aren't clued into yet.

Because Zorgon is right. Those should not be there in a cold shutdown. But they are.

top topics

<< 557  558  559    561  562  563 >>

join