page: 553
<< 550  551  552    554  555  556 >>

join

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96
reply to post by Curio

I don't think spot light - nothing else appears to be illuminated

True, but surely if this was something of a nuclear nature it would be illuminating everything around for miles like a mini sun?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Procharmo

Paintshop Pro
gif animator...

I think that may be the building that they are draining the water out of to dump into the sea. They must have power to some buildings or the pumps dumping the water (10,000 plus tons) would not work

I will have to look at the plant layout to ID that building

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zenzen

'I'm not surprised. This situation is crazy. Let me tell you something. You see, we Japanese lost the war to the Americans. They gave us an atomic experience first and and then they came in and ruled under military law and set up all these weird laws and systems here that we can't touch. They forced us to build nuclear power stations in vulnerable areas all around the coastline. This is because we lost the war. GE designed these reactors. They knew that they were flaws in the design of the reactor and the whole station but they forced us, because we had no choice because we lost the war. Now we have this situation and it's effecting the world.'

>>
We also spoke of distrust in the information and the radiation levels given out by the government. Now, I say this guy rocked. He did so because the undercurrent of Japanese sentiment is raising its head, even civil servants are at least aware of the setting up of this situation and talking about it. Not unprecedented but compared to how rare individuals commenting in public is on other issues in Japan, the rile is rising.

Whilst we could comment on the Japanese role in the war, this is bigger than the politricks of that and a discussion for another time and place. This is really blowing the lid off of many things in Japan, so to speak.

World War 2 plays indeed a significant role. I believe right away that the USA has forced you to build those plants. It deserves a thread of its own. I'm very glad that you became a member of ATS, I was hoping to meet Japanese people here for a long time. It seems that you faced the same destiny like Germany did. Just google "Morgenthau Plan" or "Rhine Meadow Camps". TPTB want this to happen, that's why the press is ignoring it, they want to make sure Japan can not stand up again, just like Germany. Both nations were a great danger for TPTB back in the old days, propaganda and disinformation suggest otherwise and has even fooled 90% of the members on ATS. Thanks for this post!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by Curio

reply to post by zorgon

Great...now we have a freaking spot to contend with. What odds you willing to bet, that's a full blown fission night light.

Des

Could it not just be a spotlight they've thrown up there to illuminate things?

Let's rule out the obvious stuff first.

I'm going grasp onto what you've posted....much better than my full blown fission idea. But, where is the electricity to power said spot light coming from....see, my itty bitty mind just won't play along with the "it's not what you think it is" game.

Des

I'm sure they have some generators on site for the basic stuff.

I'm not saying that's what it is for sure - could be they've opened a portal to hell for all I know. Some would argue that's exactly what they've done I suppose...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

big maybe... and a hopefull one..maybe it is a generator with a light?
slap me for being an optomist...
A homing beacon of sort for the off ships to use ?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Could the light be from the barge?
It propably got a diesel generator for power..
edit on 5-4-2011 by Mianeye because: p

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

reply to post by zorgon

Great...now we have a freaking spot to contend with. What odds you willing to bet, that's a full blown fission night light.

Des

Could it not just be a spotlight they've thrown up there to illuminate things?

Let's rule out the obvious stuff first.

I'm going grasp onto what you've posted....much better than my full blown fission idea. But, where is the electricity to power said spot light coming from....see, my itty bitty mind just won't play along with the "it's not what you think it is" game.

Des

Do you think it could be a light on a ship that came down the coast? I wish I had saved a screen shot when I noticed it earlier. I am sure the light was higher and to the left a little.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRemedial
reply to post by xxcatcatcatxx

It is discovered as it is right in front of your face. Just look at the unit #3 video and think for just a moment what could cause an explosion like that. Compare it to #1, if you have had fun with hydrogen as a youth then you notice the similarities in explosions. It exploded almost evenly in all directions if you watch closely. This is not the case with #3 which is directional...The only thing in that building that I can imagine which would be able to direct that blast upwards at such a velocity is the core containment structures.

It popped. We are are all in it up to our eyeballs and it's going to be a game changer for all our lives.

OK, I've asked this before and I don't think I've been answered...

If #3 wasn't a hydrogen explosion but the reactor going "bang", wouldn't we be seeing radiation readings off the scale in Tokyo and also significant readings in the US? I mean, we'd be talking a Chernobyl event and there would be no hiding that. TEPCO and the media would not be able to cover that level of radiation up.

Can somebody clarify this?

Yes they could have pretty easily as Tepco admitted to not looking for plutonium and not even have the equipment on site to do so until almost ten days after #3 popped, and no one was 'officially' doing alpha sampling , without those two things the most deadly particulate matter would be pretty much "invisible". until as burnthe ships pointed out it was confirmed that mox was loose.

And the most like event was a combo steam explosion hydrogen explosion as a result of core breach, the three distinct pops on the video are very strong evidence that both containment core blews the lids, also an even more damning bit of evidence is the (relatively compared to 4, 2, 1,) low heat and radiation being put of by 3 which indicates a dispersal (non-concentration ) of the fissionable material.

Even if by some miracle the core kept integrity the storage pool is completely obliterated and so all the waste material is un accounted for and while some is almost certainly at teh bottom of the 'green' spot at # 3 most of it was powdered and blown several hundred meters into the air

Here is a link to llrc.org where they have posted a NOAA HYSPLIT modeling of the MOX plume and here is an interesting , circumstantial picture I made by cutting the containment cap out of the aerial picture for #4 and dropping it the hole of #3's turbine building

edit on 5-4-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLastStand
reply to post by Vitchilo

Again? WTF? They need to be forcibly occupied and someone more competent put in charge of this disaster.

No need for help if your plant is beyond help..

No need to call in the people you are SELLING reactors to as being 'safe' to let them see how bad this is...

Korea is still going ahead with the purchase despite this incident... because they have no choice

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437
reply to post by Silverlok

Here's my basis and reasoning on the whole webcam thing:

Loved the bridge comment- gotta pump beer out of my sinuses now

Sorry for going off the deep end but a few people in the JSDF who I met while in al-Hillah are most likely in harms way right now (I consider them friends) as well as knowing a couple people (civilians) who are staying in Tokyo no matter what I say or how many times I refer them to this thread. I'm stressing big time even if this thing doesn't affect CONUS it's going to affect some guys I shared beers with. My friends I'm not gonna lose sleep over- they are f**king IDIOTS if they don't see the writing on the wall and stay voluntarily. Big Boy Rules apply. My JADF buddies though are there out of duty and loyalty and I do fear for their lives & health.

In regards to my analysis of photos- I'm at kind of a double- nay triple- disadvantage here. I am used to high angle/high res photos and 90% of the pics put out there are low angle/low res and horrid as far as quality, the US government gave me all kinds of cool software, HUGE screens and high quality prints to pore over and now I'm on an Acer netbook with MS Picture Viewer and MS Paint and finally I haven't got clue one as to reactor construction. I'll typically be a LOT more accurate plotting blast damage, overpressure waves & effects and pure overhead than looking at video or webcam images even with the limitations of my "computer".

Now onto the meat of the issue- looks like your comments about what is going on over on that hill are correct from what I can see, going back and looking at that structure as #5 & #6 (looks like they are slightly offset and 6 sits higher than 5).
edit on 3-4-2011 by SFA437 because: 2nd pic was WAY too big

SFA437 already did an analysis of what can be seen from the webcam
see above

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mendel101

Originally posted by Silverlok
reply to post by mendel101

Actually that building looks to be one of the turbine buildings, so that radiation would be from the radioactive water mixed with stuff from the core puddles that are 10 or 15 feet deep or whatever they are. Glowing less wouldn't be a bad thing, and that glow is entirely dependent on enough water being available in the air (mist or fog or high humidity)to see it ( Cherenkov radiation does not show up in air , it needs a denser medium like water )
edit on 30-3-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

Ok. I've tracked back some more night images and see that the spot started to appear in the night of March 20th. That doesn't coincide with structural damage, that happened much before. Can air contain enough moisture to couse a lot of Cerenkov light? I couldn't find that information on line.

The day before, March 19th, water started to be sprayed in unit 3 from height (source), consistent with the spend pool filling up; on the 20th power was reconnected to unit 2, consistent with electrical light.

here above is an analyis of the nightspot by mendel101

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by buskey

I too believe millions will die.. so far neither TEPCO nor Japan Inc (or World Inc for that matter) have done anything to resolve the situation apart from try to protect their own financial interests..

I wish there was another solution other than the one suggested by Redneck many many pages ago - EVACUATE JAPAN..

I hesitated posting this cos its my own personal stuff from a book I have written and published (on pre-cognitive dreams).. I have not put the name of the book because I am not here to promote it - just to share..

"I also dreamt that I was reading a book entitled ‘End Times Prophecies.’ In waking life I try to avoid books like these because they do tend to have negative belief patterns and I feel there is enough negativity in the world already. Also, each book has a different interpretation about how events will turn out. When the dates that they state have passed and still the world has not ended then the author usually alters their hypothesis.
..... I also dreamt that night about an explosion in Iraq in which 3 bombs were triggered to detonate. Also a huge crane fell down and toppled to the ground and elsewhere in Asia 55 million people died of starvation."

At the time I took the thought of 3 bombs in Iraq to be literal but it could be a dream symbol of 'weapons of mass destruction' ie uncontrolled nuclear meltdown.
edit on 4/5/2011 by checkmeout because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
reply to post by Procharmo

Paintshop Pro
gif animator...

I think that may be the building that they are draining the water out of to dump into the sea. They must have power to some buildings or the pumps dumping the water (10,000 plus tons) would not work

I will have to look at the plant layout to ID that building

I have tried to use Google maps to work out where the TEPCO cam might be.

maps.google.co.uk...,+979-1301 ,+Japan&gl=uk&ei=EVObTbugCYaAhQfxv53HBg&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBoQ8gEwAA

I suspect it's on top of that mound at the bottom of this screen shot with Japanese writing on it.

But the quay in the background doesn't line up in relation to the closest ventilation tower.

Its a shame someone can't get a Google streetview periscope equipped Smart car down there.

I'll leave it to the pro's for now.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by monica86

Googd stuff. But can we say were it is on Google maps. If so then we can triangulate and pin down the source of the light. I'll sudy these again.

Thanks. So much info and so many pages to browse.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Yes they could have pretty easily as Tepco admitted to not looking for plutonium and not even have the equipment on site to do so until almost ten days after #3 popped, and no one was 'officially' doing alpha sampling , without those two things the most deadly particulate matter would be pretty much "invisible".

(snip)

Thanks for that

I still have to ask though, has nobody looked for plutonium? Is the equipment needed far beyond what the "man on the street" can get access to? I still find it hard to believe that NOBODY has detected anything if the reactor truly went pop.

Thanks again.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Has anyone posted this video yet. if so, I apologize for the repeat. My hurt and soul hurt for what may be coming our way.
www.youtube.com...
Sorry I don't know how to embed.

Thank you for this thread OP and insightful contributors!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Yes they could have pretty easily as Tepco admitted to not looking for plutonium and not even have the equipment on site to do so until almost ten days after #3 popped, and no one was 'officially' doing alpha sampling , without those two things the most deadly particulate matter would be pretty much "invisible".

(snip)

Thanks for that

I still have to ask though, has nobody looked for plutonium? Is the equipment needed far beyond what the "man on the street" can get access to? I still find it hard to believe that NOBODY has detected anything if the reactor truly went pop.

Thanks again.

burntheships has mentioned the MOX detection outside the reactors a couple of times there is no doubt

and I have yet to see a video of #4 blowing

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Lets see if we can work out where the light is first . Then we can speculate.

Here is a stab at locating the TEPCO webcam using all your info.

The blue is tower 4 and the red is tower 3. The yellow is where the cam is choice 1 and the green is choice 2.

So far when I zoom in on google maps maps.google.co.uk...,+979-1301 ,+Japan&gl=uk&ei=EVObTbugCYaAhQfxv53HBg&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBoQ8gEwAA

I can't see the web cam tower!

But we now have a pretty good idea which building the light is coming from.
edit on 5-4-2011 by Procharmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tamaransd

great stuff,
I will post the video for you

It's the press conference from day before yesterday where the official cried announcing that they were going to drop the water in the sea
They are also talking about instability of 5 and 6?
edit on 5-4-2011 by monica86 because: (no reason given)
edit on 5-4-2011 by monica86 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 550  551  552    554  555  556 >>

join