It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 55.htm
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

same thing happened at #1. The vapor they were venting had low levels of a fast decaying radioactive material in it along with the hydrogen that went boom. That's the cause for the slightly elevated levels. If they don't vent any more in the near future the levels will return to normal-ish.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
sorry if that seemed an over reaction maybe my reaction should
have been ah radiation cloud over that boat they will survive ! thats
nothing to worry about . i get carried away sometimes

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

So what was this "white plume" you said you were looking for earlier? Fallout of some sort?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

point being the dose they received is not dangerous since they simply passed through it. Prolonged exposure at that rate would be bad, but they weren't in it long.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Highground

Fallout is usually brown or redish brown.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
did I see where this was raised to a Level 5 event? dang pages moving so fast now . its hard to back track anything
so If anyone has a link for that thanks

Also I started a thread discussing Fallout if anyone has any info or maps, other than that hoax one.
www.abovetopsecret.com

link   
Ok, got this content from an in-line translate (in Chrome, or Iron in my case) from the Tepco site ...
... I don't see the English version of it available yet, it's a "Part II" to the previous release ...
... it's also incomplete, since Tepco's site is having availability issues ...
[enough disclaimers on that?]

Minutes around 1:11 this morning March 14, Tokyo Electric Power Company, 2011, in Unit 3 reactor building, causing loud noise, white smoke occurred. Could be considered a hydrogen exploded. On the parameters, the health of the containment vessel believed to have been preserved. Plant state, to the effect of radiation on the outside and is currently under investigation.(Already know),

currently 0:00 pm, 4 our people, injured two workers and subcontractors (with any sense) because it is now being asked for an ambulance. 11 am now 44 minutes, monitoring post (MP6) measured near 20μSv / h (Maikuroshiberutoawa), and the big change compared to before this. Continue to cooperate with relevant agencies, and smitten committed to ensuring safety, we will continue to monitor the surrounding environment monitoring. And over[...]

link   
Barely 3 months into this year it's not looking good folks. I shudder to think of what the rest of this year holds in store. One thing for sure I am starting to believe we are headed for more earth changes 2012 and the like. I can't even fathom what those people in Japan must be feeling and going through right now.

link   
reply to post by ethancoop

Interesting how you know more than the news reporters and people working on the scene. Where are you getting your information? Where have you seen the isotopes that were released during the explosion of the third reactor? What are their half-lives?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

If the reactor vessel is breached, the contents will be forced out under pressure, lowering the pressure in the reactor and causing the water to boil off within minutes, creating a white plume of steam.

I do not think that is what I saw though. I am pretty sure the reactor is still (mostly) intact.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I like this Redneck fellow. He speaks from a place of calm & reason.

The sky doesn't always have to be falling, the martians don't always have to be invading.
edit on 13-3-2011 by ethancoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
actually they say dark grey smoke seen from the reactor what would
that mean vs the white ?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I believe the half-lives are 5 - 10 seconds. Don't remember the isotope. Been doing a ton of reading the last 2 days & can't retain it all.

Heck, could have been 5 - 10 minutes for all I remember. It's not long which ever it is.
edit on 13-3-2011 by ethancoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Thanks for the explanation.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

No, you stated that was what was released from this reactor. So where did you get the information regarding the third reactor and what isotopes were released during the explosion?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Fallout is invisible. Gamma rays are energy; alpha particles are hydrogen isotopes (nuclei), beta particles are electrons/positrons, and neutrons are typically radioactive components of atoms (usually water).

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Latest situation update Fukushima from:hisz.rsoe.hu...

Situation Update No. 23
On 14.03.2011 at 04:25 GMT+2

A hydrogen explosion occurred Monday morning at the quake-hit Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant’s troubled No. 3 reactor, the government’s nuclear safety agency said. The 11:01 a.m. incident came after a hydrogen explosion hit the No. 1 reactor at the same plant Saturday, and prompted the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency to urge residents within a 20-kilometer radius to take shelter inside buildings. It also followed a report by Tokyo Electric Power Co., the plant’s operator, to the government earlier in the day that the radiation level at the plant had again exceeded the legal limit and pressure in the container of the No. 3 reactor had increased. The Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant has been shut down since a magnitude 9.0 quake struck northeastern and eastern Japan on Friday, but some of its reactors have lost their cooling functions, leading to brief rises in the radiation level over the weekend. On Monday, radiation at the plant’s premises rose over the benchmark limit of 500 micro sievert per hour at two locations, measuring 751 micro sievert at the first location at 2:20 a.m. and 650 at the second at 2:40 a.m., according to the report. The hourly amounts are more than half the 1,000 micro sievert to which people are usually exposed in one year.

The maximum level detected so far around the plant is 1,557.5 micro sievert logged Sunday. The utility had been pouring seawater into the plant’s No. 1 and No. 3 reactors to help cool their cores, which are believed to have partially melted after part of the fuel rods were no longer covered by coolant water when levels fell following the quake. The seawater injection stopped around 1 a.m. due to the shortage of water left in tanks, but resumed for No. 3 reactor at 3:20 a.m., according to the nuclear safety agency. The halt of coolant water injection apparently caused rising pressure in the reactor container and an increase in the radiation level at the plant, the agency said. TEPCO at one point planned to release radioactive steam from the No. 3 reactor container to depressurize it and ordered workers to vacate the site. But as the pressure later lowered, workers resumed operations at the site, according to the agency. Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano said pressure in the No. 1 reactor container has been stable and seawater injection for the reactor will resume later.

Situation Update No. 22
On 14.03.2011 at 04:21 GMT+2

The second hydrogen explosion in three days rocked Japan's stricken Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant Monday, sending a massive column of smoke into the air and wounding six workers. It was not immediately clear how much — if any — radiation had been released. The explosion at the plant's Unit 3, which authorities have been frantically trying to cool following a system failure in the wake of a massive earthquake and tsunami, triggered an order for hundreds of people to stay indoors, said Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano. The blast follows a similar explosion Saturday that took place at the plant's Unit 1, which injured four workers and caused mass-evacuations. Japan's nuclear safety agency said six workers were injured in Monday's explosion but it was not immediately clear how, or whether they were exposed to radiation. They were all conscious, said the agency's Ryohei Shomi. Earlier, Tokyo Electric Power Co., which operates the reactor, said three workers were injured and seven missing.

The reactor's inner containment vessel holding nuclear rods was intact, Edano said, allaying some fears of the risk to the environment and public. TV footage of the building housing the reactor appeared to show similar damage to Monday's blast, with outer walls shorn off, leaving only a skeletal frame. More than 180,000 people have evacuated the area in recent days, and up to 160 may have been exposed to radiation. Earlier Monday, pressure had jumped inside Unit 3, forcing the evacuation of 21 workers. But they returned to work after levels appeared to ease. Associated Press journalists felt the explosion in the tsunami-devastated port town of Soma, some 25 miles (40 kilometers) north of the reactor. They reported feeling the faint rumble a blast and the ground shaking. At the time, sirens were wailing as rescue workers were in the midst of evacuating all those in the city

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

The shy doesn't always have to be falling

im kinda shy and i am always falling , but i get your point , but people
said that before things started to go to crap around the planet and to
hear it now its kinda old lol, but i get the point calm cool collective is
how we need to be , and i also thank redneck for being calm, if he
wasn't i would be really saying the shy is falling.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
NHK just stated that NISA believes the reactor and containment vessel are intact based on their investigation.

They're restating the 20 uSv/hr level, as well.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

The dark grey was dust from the concrete.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join