It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 549.htm
<< 546  547  548    550  551  552 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Tepco stock holders not happy campers over water dump in OUR Ocean...as they should be.

Japan radiation dump drives TEPCO shares down
AFP April 5, 2011, 12:59 pm

TOKYO (AFP) - Shares in the operator of Japan's crippled nuclear plant plunged Tuesday after Tokyo Electric Power Co. started pumping radioactive water into the sea as part of emergency operations.

The embattled utility's share price fell to 376 yen at one stage -- below TEPCO's all-time closing low of 393 yen, with no quick end in sight to the Fukushima nuclear plant disaster, the world's worst since Chernobyl in 1986.

"A couple of weeks ago, the company said all they have to do is to cool the reactors, but the situation doesn't seem to be improving," said one trader. Related article: TEPCO shares hit record low

"Compensation to be paid will likely balloon with this contaminated water release," said the trader at a Japanese brokerage.

au.news.yahoo.com...

Des

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Procharmo

Do you live near sellafield?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Procharmo

Originally posted by ltinycdancerg
reply to post by Hellhound604

Hmm, interesting point...
All this time, and all those prophecies about 'Nuclear war'/End-Time War/WW3/etc...
Not quite the Nuclear War we all had in mind, but...

Like both myself and others have said. The global fallout level will "not have an immediate health impact" but.......
as more and more reactors are built and older existing reactor get licence extensions the probability for accidents increases.

As the accidents occur closer chronologically the global background levels increase and the number of locations away from higher localized levels will diminish.

Currently the West, Russia and Asia have the most reactors. Pretty soon the only non DNA contaminated people will be in central Africa away from the coast line and far from the two single African reactors in South Africa and Libya.

Possibly it'll all end were it all started in the Congo....LOL!!!!!
edit on 5-4-2011 by Procharmo because: spelling , grammar

A little light reading...on the well thought out safe zone you identified. I am not familiar with the source, and the story begins long ago, but it is interesting reading. The World Bank thinks it's a groovy place too I guess.

U.S. is already there it seems.

Title: U. S. Military and Corporate Recolonization of the Congo
Source: CovertAction Quarterly
Date: Summer 2000
Title: U. S. Military and Corporate Recolonization of the Congo
Author: Ellen Ray

Faculty evaluator: Philip Beard,
Student researchers: Arinze Anoruo, Chris Salvano

Western multinational corporations’ attempts to cash in on the wealth of Congo’s resources have resulted in what many have called “Africa’s first world war,” claiming the lives of over 3 million people. The Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) has been labeled “the richest patch of earth on the planet.” The valuable abundance of minerals and resources in the DRC has made it the target of attacks from U.S.-supported neighboring African countries Uganda and Rwanda.

The DRC holds 80% of the world’s coltan reserves, more than 60% of the world’s cobalt and is the world’s largest supplier of high-grade copper. With these minerals playing a major part in maintaining US military dominance and economic growth, minerals in the Congo are deemed vital US interests.

Historically, the U.S. government identified sources of materials in Third World countries, and then encouraged U.S. corporations to invest in and facilitate their production. Dating back to the mid-1960s, the U.S. government literally installed the dictatorship of Mobutu Sese Seko, which gave U.S. corporations access to the Congo’s minerals for more than 30 years. However, over the years Mobutu began to limit access by Western corporations, and to control the distribution of resources. In 1998, U.S. military-trained leaders of Rwanda and Uganda invaded the mineral-rich areas of the Congo. The invaders installed illegal colonial-style governments which continue to receive millions of dollars in arms and military training from the United States. Our government and a $5 million Citibank loan maintains the rebel presence in the Congo. Their control of mineral rich areas allows western corporations, such as American Mineral Fields, to illegally mine. Rwandan and Ugandan control over this area is beneficial for both governments and for the corporations that continue to exploit the Congo’s natural wealth.

American Mineral Fields (AMF) landed exclusive exploration rights to an estimated 1.4 million tons of copper and 270,000 tons of cobalt. San Francisco based engineering firm Bechtel Inc. established strong ties in the rebel zones as well. Bechtel drew up an inventory of the Congo’s mineral resources free of charge, and also paid for NASA satellite studies of the country for infared maps of its minerals. Bechtel estimates that the DRC’s mineral ores alone are worth $157 billion dollars. Through coltan production, the Rwandans and their allies are bringing in $20 million revenue a month. Rwanda’s diamond exports went from 166 carats in 1998 to 30,500 in 2000. Uganda’s diamond exports jumped from approximately 1,500 carats to about 11,300. The final destination for many of these minerals is the U.S.

UPDATE BY AUTHOR DENA MONTAGUE: Nearly four million people dead in four years of war in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), and the world remains silent in the face of an abominable atrocity. The war in the DRC is not only significant because of its infamous status as the world’s deadliest war; but also because of the active participation of an international contingent of multinational corporations, terrorist networks, arms brokers, and governments all clamoring for the legendary wealth of the Congo while exacerbating the war.

Source

And now...back to Japan. Have evacuations begun? Anyone? Keep the ideas coming....Mother Earth needs some help.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Michelle129th

I am also not a photo debunker and I will leave that to the more talented ones on this thread but it is also very clear to me that the grill at the back of the second photo isn't on the first. Not sure if the water is hiding it but I can't see any sign of it.

link   
Luxury fallout shelters all the rage after Fukushima
Posted on Apr 3rd 2011 by Lydia Leavitt

Since the earthquake hit Japan causing colossal damage, a tsunami, and ultimately a nuclear meltdown, a number of Americans are rushing to purchase doomsday bunkers.

But they aren’t just turning to the standard fallout shelter basement style. Rather, they are snapping up sweet bunkers within a luxury fallout complex located in rural Nebraska.

Yes, the fallout complex is designed for 950 people and is so nice, it's probably cooler than most typical apartments. And, as an added bonus, it can withstand a 50 megatron blast! Excellent.
Vivos, the California-based company which sells the bunkers, is taking $5,000 deposits plus $25,000 to secure the place.

The company states that applications have soared 1,000 percent since the disaster in Japan.

In case of emergency, the luxury fallout shelter will feature four levels of residential suites, a dental and medical center, kitchens, pet kennels, a bakery, a prayer room, a prison, and last but not least, a fully stocked wine cellar.

"People are afraid of the earth-changing events and ripple effects of the earthquake, which led to tsunamis, the nuclear meltdown, and which will lead to radiation and health concerns," said V

dalanreport.com... ma&Itemid=4

link   
reply to post by MissTiger

MissTiger,

The original, along with other Tepco info dump about the groundwater leak is here, in the appendix links 1-8 at the bottom.

Appendix #8 is also interesting, showing the water level at High tide.

Part 1 of the information is here.

You will notice there is no TE-129 readings listed this time.
They "try to explain" that here

It is ascertained that the result of nuclide analysis of
tellurium 129 (half life : about 70 minutes) conducted on March 30th, for
water puddle collected near the trench and ground water collected near
the turbine building are doubtful.

We were severely warned orally by Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency
(NISA) for this matter.

We seriously take NISA's severely warn and endeavor to conduct proper
assessment for nuclide analysis.

Whatever

It also looks like the neglected to post the info for Unit 5 and 6.

Oops, I take that back. Looks like they did seperate readings for 5 and 6. No Te-129 of course.

edit on 4/5/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
2 things strike me in these images. The second image was taken with a wide-angle lens, so that might make up for some of the seeming-differences, but to me the thing that says that it is not the same pit is looking at the bar fourth from the right. In the first photo it is wider than the other bars and it looks as though some sort of conduit is on it, but in the second photo it looks like the others than the rest. No way can changing the focal length change that....

Originally posted by MissTiger
Update on liquid glass injection.

The operator of the crisis-hit Fukushima nuclear plant has injected a hardening agent beneath a leaking concrete pit in a bid to stem the flow of highly radioactive water into the sea. The firm says the leakage seems to be decreasing, following the infusion of the hardening agent. The utility showed reporters a photo of the leak on Tuesday evening, saying it indicates such a decrease. TEPCO said it will infuse another 1,500 liters of liquid glass. Tokyo Electric Power Company started infusing liquid glass into gravel below the pit near the Number 2 reactor at 3 PM on Tuesday.

NHK

I still don't think that looks like a crack in the wall and they probably just put less water in somewhere else to stop it flowing out so fast.
edit on 5/4/11 by MissTiger because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/4/2011 by Hellhound604 because: changed the third bar to the fourth bar

edit on 5/4/2011 by Hellhound604 because: there is a conduit too

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Originally posted by zenzen Perhaps I've missed it but I can't see how the discussion of the movement of these pipes is of significance to this thread.

Yes, you did miss it. It's significant because the pictures are supposed to be from the same day, same set of pics taken, yet these show *something* big happened between these photos being taken.

Please do read the whole thread or at least the last 20 pages before you criticize the worthiness of others' posts or their significance. For someone who has rarely contributed to the thread, it's not up to you to say what's worthy of being posted or not.

Thank you for bringing this up. As well as highlighting my own admission of ignorance, it allows me to add to your recommendations that people should at least read the following 20 pages after a post before criticizing others, just to be on top of things so to speak, and so as not to miss any gracious clarifications and contributions that follow and relate to that comment - if you know what I mean.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I have only an anecdote to contribute just now.

Earlier this week I went to a welcome-cum-farewell party with my colleagues, the start of April being the beginning of the business/government/school year here in Japan. Of all places - a sushi restaurant! The main dish was actually chicken pot 'nabe' but there was sushi there on the table.

Arriving late I didn't have a chance to have some choice where to sit so I ended up next to this guy who I've rarely exchanged words with and who usually has his head down in the office (bored of education) and sings to himself all day and is berated for his poor performance although older than the manager. Usually after a couple of sips of beer at such a work party in Japan, the stiffness evaporates and people open up and it's not their usual self you see - it's the alcohol. However, despite the ritual, this guy really rocked.

'So, have your family been phoning you to check how you are with this situation?'

'Yeah, I've been speaking to them quite a lot. They're quite worried.'

'I'm not surprised. This situation is crazy. Let me tell you something. You see, we Japanese lost the war to the Americans. They gave us an atomic experience first and and then they came in and ruled under military law and set up all these weird laws and systems here that we can't touch. They forced us to build nuclear power stations in vulnerable areas all around the coastline. This is because we lost the war. GE designed these reactors. They knew that they were flaws in the design of the reactor and the whole station but they forced us, because we had no choice because we lost the war. Now we have this situation and it's effecting the world.'

>>
We also spoke of distrust in the information and the radiation levels given out by the government. Now, I say this guy rocked. He did so because the undercurrent of Japanese sentiment is raising its head, even civil servants are at least aware of the setting up of this situation and talking about it. Not unprecedented but compared to how rare individuals commenting in public is on other issues in Japan, the rile is rising.

Whilst we could comment on the Japanese role in the war, this is bigger than the politricks of that and a discussion for another time and place. This is really blowing the lid off of many things in Japan, so to speak.

Apologies for veering off topic a little, but perhaps I could also add a little more on the Japanese mindset(ting) above so this victim mentality can be explained a little (but not justified!). I realize it's impossible to do so in a few sentences, but I'd just like to say this. Japan was controlled for hundreds of years under a feudal dictatorship backed with lethal prejudice. (This is my own thought on this but I would guess this might be common worldwide) During that long period, people's mindset developed in a way that just eventually gave up resisting the new feudal lords and just accepted the change of ownership. The little guy always knew he would get shafted either way. So, wars on, wars off, eventually they get to where the strongest guy in the land was in control of it all and the people just shrugged their shoulders and went back to the lives they had to. Then the majordomo wanted more and then they met Uncle Sam. And what did the people do?

We're counting in close to the hundredth monkey. And to borrow a contextualized term by TheRedneck, how many monkeys are in Japan?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LilFox
One upside..

Maybe the whale populations will recover if they are unable to be eaten.
Just wait, the Japanese government will come out with an announcement that whale meat is still fine to eat.

"The radiation levels are not high enough to cause harm", as they say.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Morning posters!

I've been reading along a few pages each day. It is clear that quite a few of the posters here are knowledgeable about the nuclear field, and are able to speculate about what could happen with the situation in japan.

On another forum I visit I have been following the threads about Japan as well. A couple days ago a poster posted about meeting a former nuclear engineer who left the field because he felt the use of nuclear energy is insane. He explained what he felt the 'worst case scenario' as being:

[QUOTE]out of control reaction creating a burst of unimaginable searing heat that would "obliterate all of Japan". When I asked if he meant that literally, he said yes. So I asked how large a radius that could include and he said several thousand miles because we have placed nuclear plants within such close range of each other. [/QUOTE]

Does this seem accurate? I can see it happening. The Daini plant is only a few miles away, and if 1 at Fukushima started to react and I can see that affecting all 6 and then the heat would be enough to cause Daini and the other plants on Japan to join in...

Her posts are #128, and #206 here: websleuths.com...
edit on 5-4-2011 by buffet of lies because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I might be able to add some to this. My apologies if I am late with this information.

The process is called coagulation flocculation. It is commonly used to soften water a public treatment works. I biological flock is used in wastewater treatment plants. Polymers are also used in the process depending on the properties of the agents to be removed.

Essentially what this means the two agents usually lime in the form of soda ash and alum are mixed in a slurry then injected in the water to be treated after a slow mixing process the flock is separated from the liquid “supernatant” by either gravimetric means (settling) or screening/filtering a physical process. Differing chemicals and polymers can be added for specific purposes, such as metals which are what these are essentially aren’t they? I am sure there is a vast amount of differing treatments out there but in my days as an industrial inspector I saw quite a few.

I saw someone mention a basket ball for blocking the flow? We call them “pigs” around these parts and that is what they do. You insert them into the line and inflate them to allow workers to repair, or make a new connection. These will only work in near atmospheric conditions though. Or in other terms gravity fed situation. I have seen them hold back a lot of water. I don’t remember any exact readings but I think we figured to have about 20 PSI on one, when they were connecting a new interceptor.

Hope that helps some. There are some clever folks here that will know the chemistry far better than I on the treatment end IE: what would bind with what.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Thank you!
Looks like they use the paint program. Maybe they are releasing the plans so they can see what ATS thinks!

A cross section of the site would be handy, it's not as if a terrorist attack could make things any worse if they released them.....
edit on 5/4/11 by MissTiger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
A day late...a dollar short...ripple ripple ripple...

Japan sets safety limit for radiation in fish
AFP April 5, 2011, 9:23 pm

TOKYO (AFP) - Japan on Tuesday imposed a legal limit for radioactive iodine in fish, as the operator of the stricken Fukushima nuclear plant pumped toxic water into the Pacific Ocean for a second day.

The government also said it would look at widening its testing to cover a larger area after raised levels of radioactive iodine were discovered in a small fish caught off Ibaraki prefecture, south of the plant.

The move came as shares in Tokyo Electric Power Co. plunged to a new low of 362 yen -- their lowest ever level -- amid concerns the operator of Japan's crippled nuclear plant will face huge compensation bills. Related article: TEPCO shares hit record low

The embattled company has lost more than 80 percent of its value since the March 11 quake and tsunami knocked out reactor cooling systems at the Fukushima nuclear plant, triggering explosions and releasing radiation.

On Monday, its operators began releasing low-level radioactive water into the sea to free up urgently needed safe storage space for water so toxic that it is halting crucial repair work.

The company has said it needs to dump 11,500 tonnes, or more than four Olympic pools' worth, of the radioactive liquid, raising concerns about marine life in the island nation, where seafood is a key source of protein. Related article: Saving lives, Japanese firefighter gave his own

Some radioactive runoff has already leaked into the Pacific Ocean, raising levels of iodine-131 to over 4,000 times the legal limit in one measurement.

On Tuesday, government chief spokesman Yukio Edano announced a legal limit of 2,000 becquerels per kilogram for radioactive iodine in seafood, the first time it has imposed such a restriction on fish.

"As there is no limit set for radioactive iodine in fish, the government has decided to temporarily adopt the same limit as for vegetables," he told a press conference.

The move came after radioactive iodine of more than double that concentration was detected in a variety of small fish known as konago, or sand lance, caught off Ibaraki prefecture, south of the plant.

Fishing of the species was stopped locally, media reports said, but no wider ban was issued.

Radioactive iodine above legal limits has been detected in vegetables, dairy products and mushrooms, triggering shipping bans, but officials had said seafood was less at risk because ocean currents and tides dilute the dangerous isotopes.

Fishermen in the area expressed outrage over the decision to dump radioactive water into the ocean, saying they had not been consulted.

"We were notified... Can you believe it?" said Yoshihiro Niizuma of the Fukushima Fisheries cooperative. "We heard radioactive material was leaking into the sea. Now they are dumping contaminated water on purpose."

Seoul also questioned the decision to pump radioactive water into the ocean, saying the proximity of the two neighbours made Japan's action "a pressing issue" for South Korea.

au.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
They are saying that the water they are pumping into the ocean is contaminated with low level radiation.
Radiation in water rushing into sea tests millions of times over limit

Readings from samples taken Saturday in the concrete pit outside the turbine building of the plant's No. 2 reactor -- one of six at the crisis-plagued plant -- had radiation 7.5 million times the legal limits, said an official with the Tokyo Electric Power Company, which runs the plant. Newer findings, from Tuesday afternoon, showed a sizable drop to 5 million times the norm.

The utility company also noted Tuesday that the radiation levels diminished sharply a few dozen meters from the leak, consistent with their assessment that the spill might have a minimal effect on sea life. But even in these spots, radiation levels remained several hundred-thousand times the legal limit.

www.cnn.com...

This doesn't sound like low level radiation to me. They are poisoning the ocean. Don't let anyone try to tell you that it is all safe and nothing to worry about. We are dealing with a situation that is unprecedented in human history. Nobody can tell you what the end result will be from dumping this poison into the ocean because it has never happened before.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Several people have quoted that $12 compensation figure from Tepco but all I can find is this.."The utility, known as TEPCO, will make tentative estimates of the amounts to be paid out in consultation with the government so that compensation can be provided quickly.."

Can the OP of that number back it up?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
There are initial reports suggesting this nuclear reaction cannot be stopped according to TEPCO's assessment and that they told the Japanese government that it was time to leave the plants. The Government said no. If this is true, then we are indeed watching a dog and pony show of efforts and the death of the Fukushima 50 (read 500 to 600 workers on rotation) is a certainty.

Beyond that, it may be time for our best and brightest to figure out what happens when this all leaks out - and I don't mean the information, but rather the radiation. What are people facing? Yes, I know we don't have disclosure yet on what all (MOX fuel) is stored, processed, used, hidden at this plant. But with just the givens of probably six nuclear reactors going poof in one way or another...what is ahead for the world's inhabitants - walkers and swimmers?

People don't need radiation level numbers - those aren't understood by the general population or even folks following this story to some degree unless they are tied to casualty numbers. People need pictures and maps of where this is heading and a plan to track the path through crowd-sourcing that takes the regulators out of the picture.

This information is quite disturbing. Looking for more confirmation from ATS members.

The Japanese newspaper Mainichi Shimbun stated that Tepco told the Japanese government already last Monday that securing the Fukushima Plant would probably not be possible and it would be best to let the workers leave the facility. According to the paper, Premier Naoto Kan responded saying that the latter was not an option and thus in effect signed the Fukushima 50′s death certificates. The paper says the information is very reliable and comes from a high ranking Tepco official.

TEPCO violates worker's rights

TOKYO – News has come to light that the Japanese power company Tepco may have been careless with its employees.

German journalist Robert Hetkämper stated that for the past several years Tepco has been using homeless, un-educated, under-aged and migrant workers at their Fukushima plant. Hetkämper says that doctors have confirmed his findings and told the reporter that Tepco referred to its employees as ‘throw-away-staff’.

According to Hetkämper, once the doctors determined that employees had been exposed to too much radiation, the workers would simply be fired and new ones would be hired to take their place.

Tepco denies the allegation despite having a shady track record of integrity and honesty.

Furthermore, 33 safety violations were detected just days before the massive earthquake struck the plant.

According to experts who headed the investigation the plant lacked emergency power generators, pumps and other parts of the cooling system that proved faulty after the Tsunami destroyed the plant causing overheating and radioactive steam to be released into the air.

edit on 5-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: oops

Ooops - posted this in the wrong thread first. Here it is...off to work. Will check in later.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'd really like to add some pictures here for comparison, but I can't work it out to stick them in here.
If this is at all worthy of note, then perhaps someone could post for comparison...

Here is a link to some pictures that were posted in this thread a couple of days ago.

Have you noticed how the cutaway diagrams of the reactor building are gradually filling up with more info? First we had the reactor building, then the turbine building and pipes, trenches and cable pits, and more pipes, all the while getting closer and closer to the sea. I think there was even one diagram with a box/building sitting right on the edge of the sea.

I'm no engineer but you wouldn't lay pipe in any one direction without a specific reason. It leads me to consider that the reactor and surrounding buildings and underground areas were all linked up to a drainage system to the sea in the first place and now they are just trying to fill _all_ the related pipes and channels. The plant area is set up to drain into the sea for building integrity reasons, as well as natural groundwater drainage into the sea. They are dumping enormous amounts of water on a small area and this wants to escape. If it's solid bedrock then it's not going to drain anywhere but the path of least resistance - to the sea.

In the 1st picture we have a red pipe labeled 'piping/plumbing'.

In the 3rd picture we have a red pipe connected to the blue pipe (?) which is leading to an unlabeled flow to the sea. The label at the far right on the red box says 'the pit where they found the crack'. The pebbly area is labelled 'rubble'. The blue 'U' shape is the 'trench'.

There are other earlier pictures (Cryptome?) that show the southern end of the plant by the sea with extremely foamy (white) waters that could indicate the huge amount of water being flushed out. If they've got power back on in the control rooms, then perhaps they've got the water back on too and they're pumping it in through the mains. I've not got the time for it, but TEPCO gave flowrates for the firetruck and pumps they were using to spray onto the reactors (in this thread somewhere). Would the amount of water sprayed up to now match at all the volumes of water they are saying they are going to, sorry already have dumped? I think it's the order of several fold more.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Found it...knew there had to be "official" world wide guidelines, for dumping at will, radioactive pollution into the ocean.
This makes me so...well, angry is not the word I'm looking for...OUTRAGED, Yes, that's how I feel.
To think Tepco has a team of lawyers, working harder, than a team of nuclear experts to help, stave off the most horrendous, unimaginable, out of control nightmare known to mankind.

Instead of plugging holes...they're looking for loopholes

The operator of the plant says it needs to dump the radioactive water so that some of the more highly contaminated waste can be stored safely at the plant site.

But conservation groups say the plant operator, TEPCO (Tokyo Electric Power Corporation), is exploiting a legal loophole to avoid internationally agreed treaties which prevent ocean dumping.

How dare Tepco, in collusion with Japan's Gov't do this to OUR ocean.

ADRIENNE FRANCIS: The organisation's Damon Moglen has been working on nuclear issues for 25 years.

He says dumping radioactive waste at sea is forbidden under an international treaty called the London Convention. Japan, the US and Australia are all signatories to the treaty, but he says it doesn't cover release of radioactive material from land.

DAMON MOGLEN: This is really a landmark international agreement and yet, in this case, the Japanese government and industry are using a loophole which says that, while you can't dump nuclear waste directly into the ocean in barrels, for example, you can actually pump it into the ocean from land based sources.

www.abc.net.au...

Des

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Ibaraki-ken is South of the Fukushima prefecture. About 200 km... They should test all fishes... but they'll never do that.

Well last night they announced that fishing is suspended along the coast and a boat that returned with a load of fish was refused. The fisherman didn't know why as they have been saying it was safe....

new topics

top topics

<< 546  547  548    550  551  552 >>

join