It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 54.htm
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
From BBC:

0409: The Japanese government has just said there was no marked change in the radiation level after the blast at Reactor 3. According to an article in the New York Times, the US aircraft carrier Ronald Reagan, which is sailing in the Pacific, passed through a radioactive cloud from Japan's stricken reactors on Sunday. Crew members received a month's worth of radiation in about an hour, government officials were quoted as saying.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
they say if one of these meltdowns happen 30 to 40 miles radius of
immediate exposure with eventually the united states affected , and that is just one we have 2 in danger of this. strange report we already
have exposure at 60 miles these freaks have no idea what they are saying .

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Radiation level in U.S ...live updated every 3 minutes
www.radiationnetwork.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kennit

so they are pretty much scrwed , i hope my wifes brother was not on that ship

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kennit

WOW.. that does NOT sound good.. I really hope that doesnt move its way onto the west coast. That would mean extremely high levels of radiation and uninhabitable conditions.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Finally, got into Tepco's English press-release page.
I saw this equivelant post on their Japanese page a few minutes ago, but couldn't pull it up there either. The link's there, but failing due to overload of their server or connection (which is certainly understandable).

For now, here's just the link to it, until I can to content to quote ...

(Mar 14,2011)White smoke around the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station Unit 3

link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
reply to post by Kennit

so they are pretty much scrwed , i hope my wifes brother was not on that ship

you're not prone to over-reaction much are you?

link   
I've read somewhere yesterday that if reactor 3 will explode the situation will be much worse than with reactor 1... Not sure about the source, was it live feed on reuters or this thread? Anyway the explosion looks awful, the big pieces of something going up in the air and falling down like pieces of ash do scare me a lot.
Also I don't want to panic or something, but it looks like nuclear mushroom for me.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Central control room of No.3 reactor remains intactb - Chief Cabinet Secretary Edano #fukushima #japan #tsunami

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

There will be at least a 2-3 day delay before dangerous levels reach the US, even in a full uncontrolled meltdown.

Locals would be dropping in a matter of hours. We will have warning.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

worst case what states are effected first ?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ethancoop

Seriously? I would be freaking if it were me.

I think his reaction was minimal.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnhancedInterrogator
Finally, got into Tepco's English press-release page.
I saw this equivelant post on their Japanese page a few minutes ago, but couldn't pull it up there either. The link's there, but failing due to overload of their server or connection (which is certainly understandable).
For now, here's just the link to it, until I can to content to quote ...
(Mar 14,2011)White smoke around the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station Unit 3

Update: Here's the content ...

At approximately 11:01am, an explosive sound followed by white smoke
occurred at the reactor building of the Unit 3. It was believed to be a
hydrogen explosion.

According to the parameter, it is estimated that the reactor containment
vessel remains intact. However, the status of the plant and the impact
of radioactive materials to the outside environment are presently under
investigation.

Some workers have sustained injuries. Ambulances are on their way to care
for them.

TEPCO continues to take all measures to restore the safety and security of
the site and are monitoring the site's immediate surroundings.

... so basically, they are still checking it out ... (I guess that's reasonable, wait for the smoke/debris to clear, suit-up check it out, etc.) ... just being optimistic.

edit on 2011-3-13 by EnhancedInterrogator because: spelling, grammar, formatting, etc.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kennit

Thank you for finding and posting that Kennit.

The cloud the Ronald Reagan found- and successive ones- are what we will have to track.

Hopefully the information will keep on being released, so will know who and where needs to to take shelter, when and how.

The sailors of the Ronald Reagan are heroes to go to the rescue right through the cloud. Salute.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AstraCat

It's not a nuclear mushroom. The classic mushroom shape comes from any sufficiently large explosion. The media has just conditioned people to associate the mushroom cloud with a nuclear bomb.

No matter what happens, it is physically impossible for a nuclear power plant to detonate like a nuclear bomb.

TheRedneck

link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
worst case what states are effected first ?

It's find of funny, that now that hoax map actually sounds more relevant now.

link   
Not sure if this article has been posted yet. Radiation levels slightly rise around Japan's Fukushima reactor No.3 - govt.

Radiation levels around the Fukushima nuclear power plant's reactor No. 3 hit by a hydrogen explosion on Monday have slightly risen, Japanese government officials said.

The radiation background has increased insignificantly," an economics ministry official said.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

I sometimes forget that this is ATS; the internet's lone bastion of rationality & measured response.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ethancoop
reply to post by 00nunya00

I sometimes forget that this is ATS; the internet's lone bastion of rationality & measured response.

Well, if you want to go there, then you know you should ignore everything I post - given my signature line.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

Worst case only, understanding that at this point we do not know if this will even happen...

Depending on the exact direction of the Jet Stream, initial exposure would be in Vancouver, Washington, or Oregon, spreading southward to California and Baja, then moving slowly inland. Anything past the Cascades should be OK, definitely anything past the Rockies.

But we do not know this is going to happen.

If it comes time to panic, I will say so... promise.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join