It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 53.htm
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

wow, ummmm... kinda negates everything I've been saying if it's accurate.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

sounds like both to me.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ethancoop

that would be very bad very bad gotta be a google mix up keep digging.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
That explosion in the newest video posted looks insane! It looks like three solid pieces were shot up in a straight column blast.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Yeah, i really hope its just a Google-Translator error, but it doesnt seem to have the usual anomaly they normally have. In any case, I have been following this thread since about page 4 for the past few days and i want to the thank EnhancedInterrogator along with TheRedneck, and Gullible Overlord, there are a few others but you have all been doing a wonderful job keeping us posted, keep up the amazing work

Though it seems here in my small town, half of the people that know about this are completely jumping the gun and saying "we are all going to die!", and the other half of the town has absolutely no idea what has even happened.. makes you wonder how far these people actually travel to work and to run other errands...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord

that would be very bad very bad gotta be a google mix up keep digging.

yeah, I'm refreshing all the news and press-release sites looking for something natively in English that says anything similar ... nothing yet (so far just that Google-Translated piece on Jiji talks about that kind of damage).

link   
Just saw that reactor 3 building blew.

link   
i dunno but i'm leaning more towards they are downplaying this situation on a massive scale .. what a laugh they just said on news that the inner container is intact but didnt say outter also right after that
they say everyone is told to stay in doors hmmmm no breach wonder why

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
OK, OK, everybody chill a minute and take a breath... we don't know anything yet. One link said the reactor containment was damaged, and another said it was verified sound. There was a white plume after the explosion, but it wasn't as big as I was watching for.

Apparently the blast set off the automatic earthquake sensors, and they in turn set off the automatic tsunami alert. I have no idea who saw one, but apparently they were hallucinating.

We should have a report of contamination levels soon... someone please post them as soon as you see them!

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by scghst1

1. Major damage to the vessel and pressure containment vessel was observed. (2011/03/14-12: 01)

Did I read this wrong or should this be cause for concern??

Was just watching NHK at 11:05PM Central & a spokesman was saying the inner containment vessel is undamaged & the outer is holding pressure.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

They were saying the dosage levels were 20 uSv/hr on NHK.

link   
Here's an NHK update regarding the Reactor #3 explosion ..

6 injured in another Fukushima nuclear plant blast

What appears to be another hydrogen blast has occurred at a nuclear power plant in Fukushima. No damage to the reactor chamber has been reported, but 6 people at the plant have been injured.
The Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency says what it believes was a hydrogen blast occurred at 11:01 AM on Monday at the No.3 reactor of Tokyo Electric Power Company's Fukushima No.1 nuclear power plant. The agency says it has so far observed no abnormal rise in radiation around the compound of the plant.
The agency has advised anyone remaining within 20 kilometers of the power plant to take shelter inside buildings as soon as possible. About 600 people are thought to be still in the area.
A similar hydrogen blast occurred at the No.1 reactor at the same plant on Saturday.
Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano told reporters that he has received a report that the latest blast has left the container of No.3 reactor intact. He said the likelihood of large volumes of radioactive materials being dispersed in the air is low.
Video footage shows that the top of the building housing the reactor has been blown off, as in Saturday's blast.
Fears of an explosion grew when the water level of the No. 3 reactor dropped, exposing fuel rods, and a reaction with the steam generated a large amount of hydrogen. The Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency says that even if the top of the building has blown off, the reactor chamber will not be affected.
Monday, March 14, 2011 12:30 +0900 (JST)

.. doesn't say definitively that there wasn't containment damage, just that it shouldn't cause containment damage ...
edit on 2011-3-13 by EnhancedInterrogator because: spelling, grammar, formatting, etc.

link   
very strange this lady interviewed on fox said that looked like a tsunami was seen coming but never came , also says that tokyo
the situation is getting bad . now they are saying that most all news
reported about the reactors are most speculation .. more downplaying

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I have seen all the other sources saying there is nothing wrong, but i figured i would question it none the less. It's really starting to smell like a cover up though. Too many sources posting fragmented/different/unequated bits of information. It actually sounds a lot like 9/11...

Definitely not trying compare the two.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Highground

If that is accurate (getting jaded from conflicting info all day), the reactor containment is intact.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
From BBC: 0351: Full quotes from Yukio Edano on the explosion: "We believe that there is a low possibility that a massive amount of radiation has been leaked. But it is similar to the time when the hydrogen explosion took place in number 1 reactor (which exploded on Saturday). In the case of number 3 reactor, we can see higher level of radiation. We are now collecting information for the concentration of the radiation and the dose."

Bolding mine.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
From the BBC live feed:

0351: Full quotes from Yukio Edano on the explosion: "We believe that there is a low possibility that a massive amount of radiation has been leaked. But it is similar to the time when the hydrogen explosion took place in number 1 reactor (which exploded on Saturday). In the case of number 3 reactor, we can see higher level of radiation. We are now collecting information for the concentration of the radiation and the dose."

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Kyodo: NEWS ADVISORY: 11 people injured in blast at Fukushima nuke plant: TEPCO

link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by Highground

If that is accurate (getting jaded from conflicting info all day), the reactor containment is intact.

TheRedneck

I feel you. That's what the guys said at the NISA press conference they were playing. They also said that it was something like 1/50 of the yearly dosage level, so it they could consider it "minimal".

link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

yeah that doesnt give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

I've also been been monitoring quakes.globalincidentmap.com... watching so cal and alaska, i know they are small earthquakes but is this amount or rapid fire quakes normal, not an expert of quakes

DATE/TIME REGION MAGNITUDE DEPTH (in km)
Monday March 14 2011, 03:43:53 UTC 20 minutes ago Southern California 1.3 16.2
Monday March 14 2011, 03:10:56 UTC 53 minutes ago Kenai , Alaska 1.8 77.2
Monday March 14 2011, 03:06:02 UTC 58 minutes ago Central Alaska 1.1 7.2
Monday March 14 2011, 02:59:02 UTC 65 minutes ago Central Alaska 1.3 104.4
Monday March 14 2011, 02:51:36 UTC 73 minutes ago Central Alaska 1.0 13.4
Monday March 14 2011, 02:50:35 UTC 74 minutes ago Central California 1.0 9.2
Monday March 14 2011, 02:50:35 UTC 74 minutes ago Central California 1.0 9.2
Monday March 14 2011, 02:43:39 UTC 81 minutes ago Southern Alaska 1.6 31.7
Monday March 14 2011, 02:34:40 UTC 90 minutes ago Northern California 1.1 2.3
Monday March 14 2011, 02:10:50 UTC 113 minutes ago Northern California 1.4 1.3

edit on 13-3-2011 by Dyzan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join