It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 522.htm
<< 519  520  521    523  524  525 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
BTW, anyone seen Zorgon?
I miss his posts.

Ach du lieber... once in a while Zorgon has to go out and pay the bills
ferrets eat a lot

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
nvm sorry.
edit on 4/3/2011 by JackBauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JackBauer

yes , why ? that is #4 which has it's cap in the 'off' position for maintenance , no problem many eyes and heads are certainly better than one
edit on 3-4-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
More on the nitrogen gas injection plans....

Seems we will find out soon enough if this will have a positive impact....

The company said it injected a mix of polymer, sawdust and newsprint into a power-cable storage pit from where polluted water was escaping through a crack, after cement poured on Saturday failed to stop the leak. It would introduce a tracer to the pit to see if the operation had been successful, and also planned to start infusing nitrogen gas into the reactors to reduce the threat of hydrogen explosions.

Hidehiko Nishiyama, deputy director-general of the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Association, said it was possible that the leak was behind the elevated radiation levels near the shore found in recent days.

....Japanese authorities have said they have little choice, since the normal cooling systems are inoperable and more radioactive material would be released if the reactors were allowed to melt down fully or the rods caught fire.

.www.smh.com.au...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaHere
Is anyone seeing what I am seeing?

Original source

Yes in the upper left hand quadrant of the red circle is a red glow. Directly below the steam on the roof.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLastStand
reply to post by okiecowboy

Wow so we are only a few days now away from TSHF. If it's in the basement level then this has progressed really far.

Also -- are you people seriously going to honour bonds with japan when they've screwed you with all of this radioactive fallout and garbage? Seriously? I think we should confiscate any and all funds and use them to pay for damages.

I can't believe those idiots expected saw dust and news paper to fix that, they are truely bumbling moronic fools. We seriously gotta sit by and watch them twist in the wind and wreck our health? We need to invade and get some real damage control done here this is beyond suicidal to stand back and watch this stupidity unfold.
edit on 3-4-2011 by TheLastStand because: (no reason given)

Interesting post!!! I find your comment here uncannily in line with something I've been considering...yes, yes, I know...one of my darker moments with my tinfoil hat securely fastened. I quoted it again and took the liberty of emboldening something there, but I'm not spelling it out for anyone...it's just too "far-fetched..."
edit on 3-4-2011 by odd1out because: classified

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

So why is it opaque and not even as solid as the thick steam above the building? Why is it not resembling the known concrete in front of and to the sides of it? I'm not seeing the sharp angle you're highlighting, except for the angle created by the line you added. Can you add that line a few pixels away from the edge you see, parallel to it and not on top of it? Maybe it will stick out more.

Also, can you explain why you think the inside of that circle puffs out instead of maintaining a straight edge?
edit on 3-4-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by odd1out
Also -- are you people seriously going to honour bonds with japan when they've screwed you with all of this radioactive fallout and garbage? Seriously? I think we should confiscate any and all funds and use them to pay for damages.

We do not abandon friends.

Ever...

edit on 3-4-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay

Originally posted by odd1out

We do not abandon friends.

Ever...

edit on 3-4-2011 by Chakotay because: CLASSIFIED

semper fi Chakotay

?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
nevermind. somebody already did it, and I hadn't gotten to that part in the thread yet.

edit on 2011-4-3 by EnhancedInterrogator because: nevermind. somebody already did it, and I hadn't gotten to that part in the thread yet.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

Yeah my head is trying to keep up with this thread lol, i had forgotten the cap would be off for maintenance.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

It could be an optical illusion , but

the opening size is very close to the actual opening size of the reactor top ( somewhere ) between 25 and 30feet If my scale on the buildings is correct ( 61meters right )

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
If it was actually a huge concrete pipe-like structure, it would be visible in this pic, no?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

I would have to STRONGLY disagree with that...off topic though.

link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by zorgon

So why is it opaque and not even as solid as the thick steam above the building? Why is it not resembling the known concrete in front of and to the sides of it? I'm not seeing the sharp angle you're highlighting, except for the angle created by the line you added. Can you add that line a few pixels away from the edge you see, parallel to it and not on top of it? Maybe it will stick out more.

Also, can you explain why you think the inside of that circle puffs out instead of maintaining a straight edge?
edit on 3-4-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

As the original poster of the question, I also have to add that the reactor vessel wall (if we are considering the steel only) is not nearly thick enough to present such an appearance edge-on.

On closer review, I have to say I, too, think it is actually steam.

In any case, it's a small detail which is actually moot. I think we can all agree the thing blew its top and is probably no longer in meltdown - because it sprayed its MOX fuel all over the site. Additionally, I do not for even a single second trust any of the readings supposedly coming out of that place. If there is exploded MOX fuel all over the grounds, thre radiation has got to be much higher than they are letting on. Hence all of the vague references to readings "above" one Sievert per hour. Like, what? 25 Sieverts per hour? Hmmm?

I think at this point, maybe we should concentrate on reactor #1, as per the latest input from Arnold Gundersen of Fairewinds.com.

edit on 3-4-2011 by OuttaHere because: I was using hyperbole inappropriately.

link   
reply to post by zorgon

OK, how did you get a copy of that video? That is supposed to be classified!

Well, at least you didn't show what happened later that night with the cat....

TheRedneck

link   

Originally posted by Silverlok
on it's side or not there is absolutely no tell tail yellow from the top or side so I took the overhead photo from HERE
cut the cap out of #4 and dropped it into the hole on the roof for #3's turbine building , a cozy fit , perhaps co-incidence.

edit on 3-4-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

I am a heady mixture of lazy and stupid but...

does anyone know the size of the primary core containment cap ? I would sure liek to compare it to that other hole

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

In any case, it's a small detail which is actually moot. I think we can all agree the thing blew its top and is probably no longer in meltdown - because it sprayed its MOX fuel all over the site.

I completely agree. I don't think it even really matters where/how the remains of the reactor are laying, they're most definitely not "containing" anything anymore. That building looks like a witch dropped a huge house on it, and it's not good.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Procharmo

Is anyone seeing what I am seeing?

Original source

Yes in the upper left hand quadrant of the red circle is a red glow. Directly below the steam on the roof.

Hi. Can I take a stab at this photograph? Where we see the red circle, take note of the circumference of whatever it is(smoke/reactor lid). Now supposing this is what it'd look like through a roof say, like the one in the left of the picture.

Can we see a similar cylinder quite like this through the two fans poised below it? I think that if a match can be determined, it would mean that it is on it's side... I have difficulty seeing past the two fans though.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

you know oddly that makes me think the steam is from access ports (broken off and exposed 'plumbing') above the pooled material OF A REACTOR NO LONGER LEVEL . Makes sense. the odd thing is the basement at #3 and that odd thermal hole are more important that a jacked up core, though I think that new Cherenkov signature from 2 (1?) is more important than a mass that lack enough concentration to be "at the wave front"

new topics

top topics

<< 519  520  521    523  524  525 >>

join