It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 520.htm
<< 517  518  519    521  522  523 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
One guy on Twitter had the revolutionary idea of going into the reactors and taking the fuel rods out.
The masses are clueless!

Tell him Tepco is hiring... benefits include a trip to Japan

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Originally posted by 00nunya00

For further illustration. It looks great until you you blow it up close enough to see and compare it to the known concrete building to the right. It's steam.

I defer. I think your explanation is viable. Thank you!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Hey, that's cool, I don't need everyone to agree with me, just so long as we're not all screaming about being sure it's the reactor and how effed everyone is because OMG it's laying on its side.

It may be steam, it may not be, it might be a dead cat in a box. But let's not pronounce it "for sure" the reactor until someone can get a better picture or verification

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

Hey, you're cool. Star for you, I like this! Very cool vibe to your posts and [good] attitude.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Steam or no steam in that photo. Does it really matter? The photo below shows probable core breach in reactor 3:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

www.chrismartenson.com...
This article describes the pictures and has a link to the latest link to crypto
He also points out that the cars in the parking lot have not moved since day one and he has insights like we have here.
He also says no staging is taking place and nobodies even working that we can see, checkit out.
if you have seen it, what can i say, just doing my thing.

edit on 3-4-2011 by rbrtj because: added more in fo

edit on 3-4-2011 by rbrtj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted already. Tepco is still trying to use sawdust and polymer to plug the leak?!?!

www.dailynews.com...[/url]

Concrete already failed to stop the tainted water spewing from a crack in a maintenance pit, and the new mixture did not appear to be working either, but engineers said they were not abandoning it.

Japan wants to cover the reactors.
english.ruvr.ru...
edit on 3-4-2011 by monkeyingaround because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Sorry, I'm not seeing steam. I'm seeing solid circular structure with some rebar or whatever they call the forms of the building hanging in front of it above right. Really wish I was seeing steam though. More thoughts?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeyingaround
Sorry if this has been posted already. Tepco is still trying to use sawdust and polymer to plug the leak?!?!

]http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_17765608[/url]

Concrete already failed to stop the tainted water spewing from a crack in a maintenance pit, and the new mixture did not appear to be working either, but engineers said they were not abandoning it.

This is starting to sound more and more like a Nulcear BP Disaster... why not inject tires, cars and dead animals into the crack?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I have been looking at the high res photos of #3 and the hole in the turbine building. I am not convinced it was actually a piece of the reactor that went through the roof of the turbine room.

I know the direction lines a crude but follow me anyway. It looks to me that parts of the outer wall are what blew loose during the explosion, slid across the roof and 2 ended up on the ground near the fire truck. The 3rd one went throught the roof of the turbine room.
The slide marks and the hole seem to match these pieces as well as the trajectory.

Take a look and see if I am on the right track It does look like the reactor is FAR beyonf FUBAR, but I dont think part of it went through that roof..

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm

We've got almost noon here in Germany, so keep the news coming.
I just read in the Dutch news there was an aftershock.

Check here daily...
www.iris.edu...

Last 2 Weeks of Earthquakes
www.iris.edu...

More along the same plate...
03-APR-2011 20:06:42 -9.79 107.75 6.7 24.0 SOUTH OF JAWA, INDONESIA
03-APR-2011 14:07:07 -17.62 -178.60 6.4 530.6 FIJI ISLANDS REGION

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
April 2nd rainwater results from EPA's RadNet.

www.epa.gov/japan2011/docs/rert/radnet-precipitation-final.pdf

EPA expects to see radioisotopes consistent with the Japanese nuclear incident during sample analysis. EPA
expects the measured levels to be extremely low as this air mass disperses across our planet. All results are in
picocuries per liter (pCi/L). A picocurie is one trillionth of a curie.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
My dear lord. Most people are unaware of the crisis that is happening now!

www.college-reporter.com... e-disaster

However, the Japanese have now gotten power to the plant and restarted the cooling system, which seems to have brought the situation to a manageable level for now. However, the cleanup of the disaster will cost billions of dollars.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
They are attempting a state of the art, experimental method to stop the leak into the ocean...

Japan nuclear crisis: workers using newspaper and sawdust to block pipes Japanese workers battling to stop a radioactive water leak into the Pacific from the beleaguered nuclear power plant have resorted to using newspaper and sawdust to try and block the pipes.

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/8425719/Japan-nuclear-crisis-workers-using-newspaper-and-sawdust-to-block-pipes.html]Link[/u rl]

Link not working properly for some reason
edit on 3-4-2011 by TriForce because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Well, can you provide a picture with what you're talking about or something similar that illustrates what you're seeing? I can see material through what appears to be steam to me, and it has an obvious opacity that the concrete wall right in front of it does not have. Can you display evidence of opaque concrete?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

well you know I am not the type to just be a arse..we have talked u2u so i hope you know that..

however..I think the debris you see is between you and the object...

but I may be wrong....I am not set in stone...

still working on the pic

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by comawhite12

yup...what i thought to it helps to have new photos huh?
good eye

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Oh, I wasn't accusing you of freaking out----I was just replying to your post because it was one of the only replies to mine that allowed me to make that point! I apologize if you or anyone took offense. I'm pretty scared about the situation, I just want to be sure I'm scared about true things, you know?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

actually the more I look at it..I think you are right..

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
NEWS ADVISORY: Above-limit radiation found just outside 30 km area around Fukushima plant (11:51)

link

Not exactly breaking news, is it?

new topics

top topics

<< 517  518  519    521  522  523 >>

join