It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 52.htm
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
5.6 earthquake, off the east coast of Honshu, Japan. Mar 14 12:15pm at epicenter (18m ago, 142km SE of Iwaki, depth 31k… j.mp...

and they say on the news that soon this nuke thing is going to raised to a level 5

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
160 people sick from radiation 16 workers also sick from radiation.

link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

Level 5 what?

The INES? I believe that's what the TMI incident rated.

link   
I only have well wishes to add.
I will defer to the experts.
God bless us all.
Keep up the good work, it is appreciated,
I defer to reading.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Highground

Level 5 what?

The INES? I believe that's what the TMI incident rated.

you are correct

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Tokyo Electric Power Co. says 3 injured, 7 missing after explosion at Japan nuclear plant. apne.ws... #earthquake #tsunami - VW

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Here's another Jiji news update, via Google Translate so please forgive very much Engrish ...

Primary Fukushima, the No. 3 = unknown explosion seven confirmed nuclear reactors Tamotsu Ken - 20 km radius of indoor evacuation request

3 No. 1 nuclear power plant damaged by earthquake Toukyoudenryoku Hukushima East (Ookuma Town, Fukushima Prefecture)
1:11 am for 14 minutes, white smoke rises, the explosion occurred. Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency Ministry of Economy confirmed hydrogen explosion. Possibility of an explosion containment vessel is low.
According to TEPCO, and seven people missing in the blast, is expected to 6 SDF.
TEPCO is currently the 15:11 minutes, check the integrity of the containment vessel and pressure vessel of Unit 3. At 37 minutes the same amount of radiation measured by the main gate near the site was microsievert 50 per hour.
NISA requested the evacuation of residents indoors as the primary radius of 20 km. Wind is from south to north, all within 20 km is expected to remain within the range of about 600 people. That became off-limits south of Unit 3 and 6 km, it has already evacuated residents.
The explosion at Unit 3, three people suffered bruises.
TEPCO morning and inject water into No. 3 was cool to be working. After the explosion, 13 have a central control room - except for 15 workers who are working to evacuate.
In the afternoon of July 12 primary, a hydrogen explosion caused damage to the building of Unit 1. Major damage to the vessel and pressure containment vessel was observed. Around the site, Friday afternoon, a temporary 1557.5 microsievert recorded. (2011/03/14-12: 23)

Note: Emphasis in quotes added by poster (i.e. me)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
now about my above post i wonder how does someone go missing in a contained explosion ... anybody ?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

As I posted on the previous page, NHK was saying the 7 individuals were accounted for, and 6 of the 7 were injured in the explosion.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Not trying to be a shill, just quoting what I said yesterday :

Unit 3 may encounter similar blast as Unit 1 due to accumulation of hydrogen in upper space of building. No damage to container expected.

Announcement made just in case to alert the public that similar event that took place yesterday afternoon to Unit 1 may occur to Unit 3.

Source is a Japanese official on twitter : twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Highground

For everybody's reference, here's what those INES stuff is referring to ...
International Nuclear Event Scale (Wikipedia page)

It's new to me, so I thought I'd post it here for everybody.

Level 7: Major accident (aka Chernobyl)
Level 6: Serious accident
Level 5: Accident with wider consequences (Three Mile Island, Chalk River)
Level 4: Accident with local consequences (Fukushima - up until now?)
Level 3: Serious incident
Level 2: Incident
Level 1: Anomaly
Level 0: Deviation

edit on 2011-3-13 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Added descriptions of levels and some examples.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Highground

As I posted on the previous page, NHK was saying the 7 individuals were accounted for, and 6 of the 7 were injured in the explosion.

ok sorry missed that .

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnhancedInterrogator

For everybody's reference, here's what those INES stuff is referring to ...
International Nuclear Event Scale (Wikipedia page)

It's new to me, so I thought I'd post it here for everybody.

Sorry, I should've posted that. It's late.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
this just in from rt could be old but says breaking sorry if its the recent explosion.

gotts be old disregard.
edit on 13-3-2011 by GullibleUnderlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Scale of nuclear accidents
* Level 7 - Major release of radioactive material. Example: Chernobyl, Ukraine, 1986
* Level 6 - Significant release of radioactive material. Example: Kyshtym, Russia, 1957
* Level 5 - Limited release of radioactive material. Example: Three Mile Island, US, 1979, and Windscale, UK, 1957
* Level 4 - Minor release of radioactive material with at least one death from radiation. Example: Tokaimura, Japan, 1999
* Level 3 - Exposure in excess of 10 times the statutory annual limit for workers
* Level 2 - Exposure of a member of the public in excess of 10mSv (average annual dose is 1mSv)
* Level 1 - Exposure of a member of public above statutory annual limit. Minor safety problems (Source: UN nuclear agency, IAEA)

Source

This was helpful to me. Hope it helps.

I also found this next bit of news disturbing as it is quite a distance - far more than the evacuation zone, however the levels may not have been dangerous to humans as the "experts" keep saying on television. It seems Onagawa is not leaking - currently - I don't think it is downwind either based on wind projections shown yesterday which is also concerning.

[6:35 p.m. ET, 7:35 a.m. Tokyo] The International Atomic Energy Agency says that - based on information the agency received from officials in Japan - investigators determined that radiation levels have returned to "normal" at one of the power plants previously flagged for concern. The agency said that authorities have concluded that there were "no emissions of radioactivity" from the three reactors at the Onagawa nuclear plant. "The current assumption of the Japanese authorities is that the increased level may have been due to a release of radioactive material from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant" located 135 kilometers (about 85 miles) north of Onagawa, the IAEA said.

Source

Again, thanks for the information from everyone on this thread. It is much appreciated.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

1. Major damage to the vessel and pressure containment vessel was observed. (2011/03/14-12: 01)

Did I read this wrong or should this be cause for concern??

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
here is a link for the tsunami cancelation incase some need more than
my word New tsunami warning for Japan's NE coast is canceled - news.com.au http://(link tracking not allowed)/gqjyE8

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by scghst1

1. Major damage to the vessel and pressure containment vessel was observed. (2011/03/14-12: 01)

Did I read this wrong or should this be cause for concern??

Wow, I can't believe I posted that and missed it.
I say, YEAH, that sounds like a big deal - and contradicts the previous Tepco response quoted in the post before that.

Update: Ok, though, let's wait for a native English translation. That came through Google-Translate. I hope that's just a translation mix-up.

edit on 2011-3-13 by EnhancedInterrogator because: additional notes.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Video of the explosion at reactor 3

edit on 13-3-2011 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

isin't there an inner and outer containment? which one is damaged ?

new topics

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join