It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 519.htm
<< 516  517  518    520  521  522 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TriForce
Some new photos, at least they claim they are.

Latest Satellite Imagery From Fukushima Tells Sobering Tale

Photos

Here is the hidden link in the article very good hi res photos
cryptome.org...
I copied them all.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The Wall Street Journal Asia Focus at Power Plant Turns to Water

few excerpts from whole article.

By MITSURU OBE And ANDREW MORSE...

TOKYO—As the world anxiously watches for signs of progress at the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear complex, the focus of the repair has turned to removing radioactive water from in and around the reactor buildings, as the poison pools prevent workers from doing other tasks. Yet more than a week after the problem was first discovered, very little water has been removed.

Three factors have caused the delay: structural damage to pipes and other reactor parts crucial for water movement; radiation dangers blocking workers from performing essential steps; and a shortage of safe places to put the water.

When the water problem was first discovered March 24 after three workers got burned stepping in it, officials made the solution sound swift and simple: They would begin pumping the water out of the flooded buildings.

It turned out that wasn't so easy. They needed a place to put the water, and the logical places already were full.

The past week has been devoted largely to creating a three-link chain of repositories that will allow drainage of the reactors. Success now is measured not in actual removal of the water, but in clearing a space for it.

The key links in the chain begin with the most important task of attaching the electric cooling systems to reactors No. 1, 2 and 3, so the internal cooling process can begin. Absent that, operators are relying on injecting water to keep the reactors from overheating, a process that has stabilized the fuel rods, but doesn't seem likely to bring them to the desired cold shutdown. And it has the dangerous side effect of creating a large buildup of radioactive water in nearby groundwater and seawater.

Another factor that appears to be slowing down the water transfer: Tepco is using only three relatively small pumps to conduct the process.

The company has one pump assigned to each reactor. At reactors No. 1 and 3, the pumps can move only 25 cubic meters—or one metric ton—per hour. At reactor No. 2, they have a pump that moves just 10 cubic meters per hour.

A regulator said even faster pumps wouldn't necessarily help because it isn't clear the narrow pipes could sustain more volume.

online.wsj.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MedievalGhost

looks that way to me as well.....doing some pixel peeping at it now..trying to see if I can a measurement of sorts..

but this would tend to explain the whole story about plugging some sort of leak and releasing the faked photos...

reason they want to plug the tunnels off....corium is basment level now

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Wow so we are only a few days now away from TSHF. If it's in the basement level then this has progressed really far.

Also -- are you people seriously going to honour bonds with japan when they've screwed you with all of this radioactive fallout and garbage? Seriously? I think we should confiscate any and all funds and use them to pay for damages.

I can't believe those idiots expected saw dust and news paper to fix that, they are truely bumbling moronic fools. We seriously gotta sit by and watch them twist in the wind and wreck our health? We need to invade and get some real damage control done here this is beyond suicidal to stand back and watch this stupidity unfold.
edit on 3-4-2011 by TheLastStand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok
reply to post by OuttaHere

If it is what it appears to be ( the containment vessel on it's side) then it explains the odd pattern of debris on the turbine roof , and lends credence to the idea that the primary and secondary caps made those holes (hell they may have even slid across the roof )

Before I ask another question - just wanted to say thanks to you and several others on here, again, for all you have added. Someone like you or Redneck should really post a new thread for people on ATS that explains what this new find could mean. Not all our members can follow a 500 page thread. This news needs to be known. We are no longer talking about traces of MOX fuel being found in the soil.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Here is a blow up from another photo of the same reactor (# 3):

It does look different from the other blown-up photo I posted of reactor 3. Not sure why. Anyways, I circled in red what appears to be a huge breach in the reactor core. These photos all but seem to confirm that reactor 3 (with mox fuel) is fully exposed now.
edit on 3-4-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

when I first heard the story about the crack is when I knew it was all smoke and mirrors at that point...

20 days in and they can't keep things cool...but we are worried about a 8 inch crack

then they released this doctored photo

an showed pics of tunnels FULL of cement...for a 8 inch crack???

no way

they are trying to seal off lower level

edit on 3-4-2011 by okiecowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Good find - I see a huge pipe, possible concrete laying
on its site. Nothing promising about this reactor.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
i have followed this thread since page one, through all its ups and downs, hopes and frustrations.
this new developement just sucked the wind right out of me.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

If you have the full-size photos from the zip file and blow this one up, it appears to be just arcing steam. I can't see any evidence of a solid structure when it's zoomed in, it really just looks like the source of the steam plume above it originates from the bottom of what looks like the "circle's" right side.

ETA: actually, when it's zoomed in you can see some debris barely visible behind the steam. It's definitely not the reactor on its side.
edit on 3-4-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by autopat51
i have followed this thread since page one, through all its ups and downs, hopes and frustrations.
this new developement just sucked the wind right out of me.

From the beginning many ATSers here were saying this is much worse than TEPCO or the authorities were admitting. Seems they were right all along.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I just found a very good enhanced video of explosion of R3 Fukushima....worth a look-see. I clearly see the magnitude of the blast, and the debris going up, and down,

www.youtube.com...

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Here's the blow-up:

You can see it's steam, as the "circle" is definitely not a circle, you can see where the steam starts to form the cloud shape and it takes a "bite" out of that circle shape near the top.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
crude job of it..but on my laptop atm

zoomed in to 600% and followed the pixels

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Little closer look of the new photo of Reactor #3

The question on the table is: Are we seeing the top of the reactor? Is it on it's side?

ETA: sorry 00nunya00 I am such a turtle...very slow. Good job.
edit on 3-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

It's not the reactor, it's steam. It's pretty clearly not a circle when you look at it a little closer. There is debris visible through the steam.
edit on 3-4-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Originally posted by 00nunya00
Here's the blow-up:

You can see it's steam, as the "circle" is definitely not a circle, you can see where the steam starts to form the cloud shape and it takes a "bite" out of that circle shape near the top.

Actually, the more I look at it and the more I compare it to the below picture (taken from the same side, but at a different angle) the more I think the above photo has been manipulated. And I speak as one who has no small experience with Photoshop; I am a graphic artist.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

I will disagree with you here...It's not steam in my mind....

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Beta glucan immune enhancing Shi itake mushrooms now have radioactive iodine-131 and unspecified caesium.

jen.jiji.com/jc/eng?g=eco&k=2011040400007

Radioactive Iodine, Cesium Above Limits Found in "Shiitake" Mushrooms

Tokyo, April 3 (Jiji Press)--Radioactive iodine and cesium exceeding the legal limits have been detected in fresh "shiitake" mushrooms collected in Fukushima Prefecture, which is home to the troubled nuclear power plant, the health ministry said Sunday.

(...)

---

english.kyodonews.jp/news/2011/04/82903.html

The Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare said it found the mushrooms to contain 3,100 becquerels of radioactive iodine and 890 becquerels of radioactive cesium against the limits of 2,000 becquerels and 500 becquerels.

The announcement led the prefectural government to ask farmers to voluntarily refrain from shipping mushrooms in Iwaki.

Meanwhile, the science ministry said its helicopter, which examined air samples at the altitude of 160-650 meters, detected radiation of 0.30 microsieverts per hour in the sky above Kawamata in the prefecture -- a level more than 10 times the normal figures for the prefecture's sky at 0.01-0.03 microsieverts.

(...)

edit on 3-4-2011 by jjjtir because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

For further illustration. It looks great until you you blow it up close enough to see and compare it to the known concrete building to the right. It's steam.

top topics

<< 516  517  518    520  521  522 >>

join