It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 51.htm
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

The sensors pick up horizontal waves, which travel much slower than vertical waves... the esplosion would have been a horizontal wavefront.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I think the tsunami would only occur from a quake, can't imagine an explosion on land doing that. Perhaps there was a quake somewhere else other than where most of the aftershocks have occured, off the Japanese coast.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Im watching MSNBC at the moment, and they have some guy being interviewed and he is saying that the officials dont really know what the heck is going on and theyre trying to reassure the people.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck

The sensors pick up horizontal waves, which travel much slower than vertical waves... the esplosion would have been a horizontal wavefront.

TheRedneck

ok so that explains it picking them up, but what about the tsunami?
how can it trigger a tsunami that is bugging me

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
And how can it be seen? If not there?
Second line..

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I don't think there is a tsunam, so that would answer that question.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I'm not liking this....

I'm just trying to keep up (Internet is bogged here) so you guys keep the reports coming? I'm watching for a huge white plume...

TheRedneck

(CNN) -- Fresh white smoke rose again Monday from Japan's Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, with public broadcaster NHK citing nuclear and industrial safety agency officials as saying an explosion had occurred at the facility's No. 3 reactor. The wall of the No. 3 building collapsed as a result of the blast, according to the report. The explosion was likely caused by a buildup of hydrogen gas, similar to what had happened Saturday at the same nuclear plant's No. 1 reactor.

Source

Emphasis added

Why the white smoke? Wasn't the first explosion darker in color? I will continue following this thread and thanks to all for the information. My prayers go out to the people of Japan.

link   
there is so much breking news and everyone at these sources are

scrambling to get to the story and the truth .. i have looked everywhere for an update on this tsunami and none anywhere i can find just fox 20 min old report and the helicopter spotting it, it is late
on hitting or no news is reporting it hitting and that would suck

link   
They were saying there was a large surge, but no tsunami.

They may have seen the surge and simply overreacted.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord

TheRedneck

Personally, I think the claim of a new tsunami was false info. There is no way an explosion on land could do that. Not even a 7.0+ (under the ocean) can do that in most cases. It takes a HUGE amount of energy to generate a tsunami, even 7.0+ Earthquakes have a hard time generating that kind of energy. Take a look at the 8.9 (which is literally hundreds of times more powerful than a 7.0) and it generated a tsunami with a max height of 30 ft, in this case.

edit on 13-3-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Thank you all.Prayers for all.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
fox went from going live with reporter running from the tsunami to talking about muslims i mean wtf !!! really! and no updates via twitter on multiple sources wait they just said all clear on the tsunami so cancelled

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Then they should really consult the book you're reading on this before they go issuing all these other tsunami warnings for little old 6.0 EQs.

I think there's maybe something they're understanding about the EQs that you/we are not. If they issue a warning for 6.0s, I think we should defer to their expertise.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
repeat tsunami report cancelled .

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
From the BBC link live feed :

0328: Seven people are missing and three people have been injured by the explosion at the Fukushima 1 nuclear plant, the AFP news agency reports, quoting an official from Tepco, the company which operates the plant.

CNN is saying 6 people injured
edit on 13-3-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Here's a quote from Jiji news about the recent explosion at Reactor #3 ..

[Jiji News, via Google-Translate]The first nuclear power plant in Fukushima explode the No. 3-TEPCO, nuclear sanity check - 20 km radius of indoor shelter requests

According to the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency Ministry of Economy, the first nuclear power plant Unit 3 Hukuzima Tokyo Electric Power (Ookuma Town, Fukushima Prefecture) in 14 minutes 1:11 am, an explosion occurred. The hydrogen explosion seems likely that the explosion of low containment vessel.
11:15 TEPCO said now confirmed the soundness of the reactor containment and pressure vessel of Unit 3.
NISA requested to evacuate residents indoors as 20 km radius of nuclear power. Wind is from south to north, all within 20 km is expected to remain within the range of about 600 people. Also off limits are now six kilometers south of Unit 3 are residents of the shelter already.
According to the SDF as well have come up with the No. 3 injured by the explosion.
TEPCO morning and inject water into No. 3, was working to cool down.
In the afternoon of July 12 primary, a hydrogen explosion caused damage to the building of Unit 1. Major damage to the vessel and pressure containment vessel was observed. (2011/03/14-12: 01)

Basically, they're saying the reactor is still contained, etc. same situation as with Reactor #1 at the same plant (so far).
Note: As always, emphasis added in quotes poster (i.e. me)

link   
reply to post by buni11687

NHK is saying that the seven people have been accounted for, and that 6 of the 7 were injured by the explosion.

link   
but you can pretty much expect a tsunami when this high mag 7. hits that multiple experts have predicted in the next few days.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Well, they are finding some people, This story warmed my heart.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by Wookiep

Then they should really consult the book you're reading on this before they go issuing all these other tsunami warnings for little old 6.0 EQs.

I think there's maybe something they're understanding about the EQs that you/we are not. If they issue a warning for 6.0s, I think we should defer to their expertise.

Hey, I'm not claiming to be an expert, only giving my input. I don't know that there *have* been multiple tsunami warnings from these 6.0's. My understanding is they have been under "advisory" since the 8.9, which is to be expected.

If you think 6.0 EQ's cause tsunamis on a massive scale, hey more power to you man. I just observe and report what I've seen from EQ's like this in the past on many other occasions.

new topics

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join