It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 505.htm
<< 502  503  504    506  507  508 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by okiecowboy
reply to post by rbrtj

I'm getting geiger readings of 840,000µSv in Japn!!!! Check it out and tell me my eyes are not burned out.

i see the same figures!!!! wow!!

[840] point [000]

840.000 not 840,000 still sickly high.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj
Yeah could be i wish we had a damn time stamp or something.

Those pictures were taken on the 24th of March... don't know what time

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

No, no, even if the Pu can act as a catalyst for H->He fusion, it is not a closed cycle. The components of the fuel rods eventually decay into lead, not hydrogen. Perhaps a secondary fusion reaction can occur, but even if it did it would not create heavy enough products to undergo fission again, nor would the fission products themselves be able to undergo fusion.

The fusion would simply be a secondary reaction from any hydrogen produced during the meltdown.

See everyone tomorrow. Remember, don't eat yellow snow in Japan.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

It's official! I hereby re-christen Fukushima, FukuTepco.

That's pretty good, I'm quite fond of Ineptco myself, but either way their living up to both names.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Just so I understand this regarding the discovered, missing workers. They know they were working in the turbine building of #4, they don't report back, are listed missing and it takes 3 weeks for them to check the very place they knew was the last location they were at on the 11th?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

Here's my basis and reasoning on the whole webcam thing:

Loved the bridge comment- gotta pump beer out of my sinuses now

Sorry for going off the deep end but a few people in the JSDF who I met while in al-Hillah are most likely in harms way right now (I consider them friends) as well as knowing a couple people (civilians) who are staying in Tokyo no matter what I say or how many times I refer them to this thread. I'm stressing big time even if this thing doesn't affect CONUS it's going to affect some guys I shared beers with. My friends I'm not gonna lose sleep over- they are f**king IDIOTS if they don't see the writing on the wall and stay voluntarily. Big Boy Rules apply. My JADF buddies though are there out of duty and loyalty and I do fear for their lives & health.

In regards to my analysis of photos- I'm at kind of a double- nay triple- disadvantage here. I am used to high angle/high res photos and 90% of the pics put out there are low angle/low res and horrid as far as quality, the US government gave me all kinds of cool software, HUGE screens and high quality prints to pore over and now I'm on an Acer netbook with MS Picture Viewer and MS Paint and finally I haven't got clue one as to reactor construction. I'll typically be a LOT more accurate plotting blast damage, overpressure waves & effects and pure overhead than looking at video or webcam images even with the limitations of my "computer".

Now onto the meat of the issue- looks like your comments about what is going on over on that hill are correct from what I can see, going back and looking at that structure as #5 & #6 (looks like they are slightly offset and 6 sits higher than 5).
edit on 3-4-2011 by SFA437 because: 2nd pic was WAY too big

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
It's Saturday night where I am and my body literally hurts from paying attention and thinking the implications through these past few weeks. I can't watch anymore...I need a break.

I'm going out to dance my ass off and forget, hopefully, for a little while, that the world I grew up in is gone forever now.

I am heart-sick and spirit-sick.

I'll dance in remembrance and grief, but with little hope.

Hambadaay, the Sioux call it, "crying for the world".

But within the the concept is the aspect that you cry for joy, too, for life.

I'll dance for all of us tonight, and celebrate the glory of life that surmounts every thing the universe (and the idiots who populate it) throw at it.

Whatever the future brings I will face it as a human being who refuses to be broken by mere difficulty and impossible odds.

We adapt, adjust, and bloody well freaking survive, no matter what, and eventually prosper.

But...

...the old world is gone now, and for the moment, only we lonely few know and acknowledge it.
edit on 2-4-2011 by apacheman because: sp

Sioux in the old days , as a blackfoot, we would be wary of your crazy ways, you Sioux bastards , but as you say all the nations are one now , so I would dance with you until the smoke took my mind else where and left my body feeling as if it had moved , such is the beginning of many dances
edit on 3-4-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Someone today posted about the common spent fuel pool, so I was looking back at the info about it and something jumped out at me that I had missed before

At approximately 10 pm on March 22nd, 1 worker who had been working on setting up a temporary power panel in the common pool was injured and transported to Fukushima Daini Nuclear Power Station where the industrial doctor is

At approximately 1 am on March 23rd, 1 worker who had been working on setting up a temporary power panel in the common pool was injured and transported to Fukushima Daini Nuclear Power Station where the industrial doctor is.

Source

does anyone besides me think this is odd?

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Actually I was serious. But like a litle humor in my life.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Images for consideration...

Explosion injures 4
source

Plant 3 left and 4 right
source

Fire truck spray at No. 3
source

Fourth reactor - note lack of protections for workers
msnbcmedia2.msn.com... d-8x2.jpg

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

ok i will note my picture file thank you.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by SDoradus

So you are saying that Pu acts as a catalyst for fusion of H into He, then?

OK, I can understand that.... of course, it wouldn't then be the self-sustaining infinite chain reaction that was originally mentioned.... just two separate reactions, one fission and one fusion, each with its own end products that do not compliment each other.

TheRedneck

Well, if such a sci-fi combination was possible I could envision a device with an incredible yeild scaled out

Say for example you take a flat crater on a body, such as a moon. You cover the floor of the crater with a nano engineered layer of U-238 within a molecular matrix of tritium and beryllium atoms. The matrix of course is designed to trap tritium molecules together if they were between atoms of Pu but of course they aren't they are between atoms of uranium so the cold fusion reaction can not take place.

High above the crater you detonate a bomb with a high neutron yield. As the neutrons hit the crater floor they are changed to thermal-neutrons by the tritium matrix, the neutrons are absorbed by the U-238, where they transform into Pu. The heavy mass Pu then catalyzes the tritium fusion reaction, the neutrons from the fusion split the new Pu atoms and .... wellll

Imagine this view from Earth, a shiny silver spot on the moon at the bottom of a crater, the suddenly the moon lights up like the Sun and we have the plot of an old Start Trek movie.

Dang those Klingon's anyway. (Tepco isn't hiring Klingon power plant engineers, are they?)

---
Forgot the bit where the beryllium in the matrix turns the gamma rays from the fusion into neutrons that split the Pu atoms.

Instead of a fission fusion fission device this would be a fission-> neutron production -> barn absorption -> fusion -> fission device

edit on 3-4-2011 by SDoradus because: Left out the bit

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
This explains it all

TEPCO is none other than.....

Here is the original "orientation film" for the Fukushima Daiichi "Station" ehm ...... "Plant"

(on a serious note, it does show quite interesting views of the inside of the plant)

edit on 3-4-2011 by monica86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by zenzen

Originally posted by zenzen
reply to post by burntheships

BREAKING NEWS Power company reports 2 missing Fukushima nuclear plant workers found dead on site This was reported just now on Breaking News -Kyodo News Kyodo - Breaking News Link www.breakingnews.com...

Just caught it on NHK world, as they said

Two guys (aged 24 and 21) who were working in the basement doing electrical work of the turbine building of reactor no.4. Time of death 4 pm on March 11. Cause of death: haemorrhaging.

Seen on the kyodo Japanese site is the same apart from:
not electrical work but missing since the earthquake (4pm?) and that their bodies will require decontamination.

kyodo japanese 2 bodies found
(Japanese)

NHK world is recorded.

edit on 2-4-2011 by zenzen because: change: hemorrhaging rather than bleeding, sounds more serious? less than less-than-normal?!

Additionally to the above info, NHK news website in Japanese also says these guys were doing a periodic (scheduled?) check of the power source or working on opening and shutting a valve. They experienced severe haemorrhaging throughout the whole body.

---------------------
So, they say this is from an earthquake at 4pm? Or, what other time do we have for the 11th? This is reactor 4?
If it was reactor 4, what time sequence do we have here?

It's getting a little confusing for me, as well as probably new comers to the thread, to know which reactor we are talking about. Perhaps we could say reactor 4 or R1 or something, then it'll be easier to read back through. Just a thought. The photos with the suspected bodies are R2 right?

"...severe haemorrhaging throughout the whole body..."

earthquake AND tsunamis have a bit of trouble doing that but MASSIVE explosions do just fine at juicing bodies...remember reactors 1-3 had secondary hydrogen release valves that HAD TO BE MANUALLY OPERATED
edit on 3-4-2011 by Silverlok because: as I understand it retardation is genetic

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

OOP's commas not good, do you know if that number is higher or lower than before.
Other news small blip on Seattle news totally downplaying the problems eventhough they have a huge Japanese population that I will not be to surprised doesn't call them on it and then maybe we got a fight.
We will see.
They are concerned about all the rain causing flooding.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I think the idea was brilliant, I just assumed the literal "diapers/diaper pail" part was a little tongue-in-cheek.

But the problem with it is, if it gets into the ocean in the soaked-crystal form, it prevents the radioactive particles from being diluted in the water, and the radioactive crystals will most likely be eaten right up by fish thinking it's food. A much, much bigger dose than they would have otherwise gotten. Say a school of fish eats this. Then many of them are eaten by tuna and such. Then that tuna is eaten by humans, kids even, because no one's checking all seafood for radiation.

Wow.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
Okay, this is really not funny at all anymore. I really think we're giving TEPCO all the ideas they've been having in the last 2 weeks, only they ignore the good ones and run with the jokes:

Probably something lost in the translation... humor doesn't translate so good

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
reply to post by SFA437

The speed of sound varies with temperature, humidity, etc, but probably not enough to make much difference in this analysis I imagine.

Would it be possible to run a spectroscopic analysis on the video of the cloud to determine it's contents? Or would you need to pass a laser directly through the material to run those sorts of tests?

You would need photographic film at least. If you knew the design and charge read-out and amplification of the ccd array used in the camera you might be able to find a narrow range of elements but the uncertainty would be very high

I'm running off an Acer Aspire One and using MS Paint and Picture Viewer for the past 4 months

Even with really good film capable of capturing the high end of the near IR spectrum and if this POS machine would run MicroMSI all it would yield is silicate content (as applicable to the explosions) although blue near IR would be decent for showing moisture content but the margin for error is too great for a conclusion I would stand behind.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

I think it very odd,

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaHere
It's official! I hereby re-christen Fukushima, FukuTepco.

you forgot the "s"

fuku's'tepco

new topics

<< 502  503  504    506  507  508 >>

join