It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 504.htm
<< 501  502  503    505  506  507 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by imlite
Now even the Jap Prime Minister keeps complaining that TEPCO keep lying to everyone.

So why is TEPCO still in charge and the perps not under arrest?
The Prime Minister is "complaining" about it? So who runs that country anyway?

The group of taikuns.... same as here.

Even if Fukushima doesn't undergo a massive steam explosion I've been pointing this thread out to everyone I know as an example of how things will (not can) go wrong when corporate CEOs and Directors are tied into the government and the politicians are beholden to the corporations.

Based on my (albeit limited) NBC training this thing has been managed from the get-go from a standpoint of saving economic assets (read reactors) vice looking out for the well being of the people within fallout distance. Incompetence does not explain the chain of events that led us to where we are today- it is pure, unadulterated, military/industrial complex evil on a Biblical scale.

Sorry if that was OT but it has REALLY been getting my Irish up for 3 weeks now.

you forgot : (saving a company asset ) that the cheap bastards had been milking near disaster thresholds for years

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Mox can go fission or fusion.

Can you enlighten me on this? MOX is uranium and plutonium mixed... Pu-239 and U-238/235. So what element can have an atomic weight of almost 500?

Or am I missing something?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I am experimenting with solar power in my apartment now. I am trying to get off the grid so that I have an emergency backup power source. I almost have all of my equipment, but the cost of solar equipment (battery, solar panels and ac/dc inverter) for a 300 square foot apartment cost more than what I would pay for electricity in a single year.

I don't get my panels until next week, but I am experimenting with my Goal Zero Ranger Extreme battery. I can power lights in my apartment and my broadband modem and router continuously for one day on a charge. I can't run high voltage electronics or appliances on it too often of I will loose my charge for the day.

The real drawback to the solar backup is the noise created by the inverter. It sounds like an old space heater when running, and when a lot of power is in use, the loud fan starts up. Because of this I have to put the battery in a closed closet so that I can sleep. I'm still working out a way to encase the battery and inverter in a soundproof container.

So yes, solar power is very expensive. I have already paid over $600 for my experiment in solar power...but considering that I blew $260 yesterday at a strip club this is not so bad!

(I was depressed about the Fukushima situation and I needed to relieve stress. Better now than after the bodies start to drop.)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
reply to post by SFA437

The speed of sound varies with temperature, humidity, etc, but probably not enough to make much difference in this analysis I imagine.

Would it be possible to run a spectroscopic analysis on the video of the cloud to determine it's contents? Or would you need to pass a laser directly through the material to run those sorts of tests?

You would need photographic film at least. If you knew the design and charge read-out and amplification of the ccd array used in the camera you might be able to find a narrow range of elements but the uncertainty would be very high

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Its over my head, but involves the god particle or fusion. And involves something more sinister. But apparently mox in a large enough reaction can go fusion, and in a way that contaminates everything like a virus it comes into, and in the earth, including all the rare minerals, and sends this pume up of dust that contaminates everything like a virus on the surface. This was hotly debated but John Lear came on and that part caught my attention. It has something to do with mox fuel fissioning by itself and eating up earths minerals in a perpetual state, And this was mentioned several times: radioactive Thulium - 170

what I want to know is more about the mox fuel fission and fusion potential. Because, I have felt this is going to chain for sometime.

Everyone keeps saying that there was mox in reactor 3, but one report was that it was in all of them,or at least plutonium.

news.yahoo.com...

The fuel rods at all six reactors at the stricken Fukushima Dai-ichi complex contain plutonium — better known as fuel for nuclear weapons. While plutonium is more toxic than uranium, other radioactive elements leaking out are likely to be of greater danger to the general public.

Only six percent of the fuel rods at the plant's Unit 3 were a mixture of plutonium-239 and uranium-235 when first put into operation. The fuel in other reactors is only uranium, but even there, plutonium is created during the fission process.

I think a lot depends on what was really going on there and there isn't a lot of truth coming out.

And In the other thread it mentioned Russia knowing and keeping silent and some dire plans.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.iaea.org...
A Proliferation Resist Fusion Breeder For THorium Fuel Cycle

www.next-up.org...

MOX, meaning "mixed oxides", is a highly dangerous and toxic fuel consisting of about 6-7% plutonium dioxide (obtained by re-treating used nuclear fuel) mixed with new depleted uranium dioxide. The fusion process starts more easily with MOX than with the usual fuels and it is used in 20 of the reactors in France.

edit on 3-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck

Can you enlighten me on this? MOX is uranium and plutonium mixed... Pu-239 and U-238/235. So what element can have an atomic weight of almost 500?

TheRedneck

The thesis if I'm reading this correctly is that that Pu is capable of creating a cold-fusion reaction with the H2 or H3 in the environment (similar but better than the palladium cold fusion generation). This is hypothetical. If it is possible it's above my pay grade so to speak.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Just have to share this with you. Clip from Akira Kurosawa's film "Dreams" based on his own dreams. This one is about 6 reactors and the destruction of Japan......!!!!!!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Unfortunately for the elderly ( or those with compromised immune systems ) IF they are receiving the amount of radiation greenpeace is saying they will either de-hydrate or have heart failure well before they starve

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SDoradus

Originally posted by TheRedneck

TheRedneck

The thesis if I'm reading this correctly is that that Pu is capable of creating a cold-fusion reaction with the H2 or H3 in the environment (similar but better than the palladium cold fusion generation). This is hypothetical. If it is possible it's above my pay grade so to speak.

I added more, with some links, it may be over my head but google does work a bit and there is mention of fusion with mox fuel and Japan.

In that case, now I'm very worried., because the two actions that are very bad, would be the ones that might be on the plate if this is what is going to occur.

It wont be entombment. They'd have to blow each reactor separately or .....
edit on 3-4-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

It's not making a lick of sense to me.... Thulium-170 wouldn't be created from fusion of either Pu or U. Do you have a link to anything on this fission+fusion reaction?

ETA: just saw the links. Thanks!

TheRedneck

edit on 4/3/2011 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
It's official! I hereby re-christen Fukushima, FukuTepco.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Okay, this is really not funny at all anymore. I really think we're giving TEPCO all the ideas they've been having in the last 2 weeks, only they ignore the good ones and run with the jokes:

Engineers will inject the polymeric water absorbent used for diapers later in the day into pipes leading to a pit connected to the No. 2 reactor's building where a 20-centimeter crack has been found to be leaking radioactive water.

What was that, like 6 hours ago someone made the "soak it up with diapers" joke?
edit on 3-4-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

Yeah, here it was, 7:05 PM EST:

Originally posted by elouina
Why don't they just sop up all that water with a bunch of pampers. Scoop them all up into a giant lead lined diaper pail. Then fix the crack?

edit on 2-4-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BKGump

Amazing. His dream was spot-on. The most haunting part of that dream was at the end when the guy was trying to shoo the radiation away from him and his family. There is no escape!

By the way, does Cesium-137 really cause monstrosities? Isn't cesium-137 in the US water supply now?
edit on 3-4-2011 by windwaker because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by SDoradus

So you are saying that Pu acts as a catalyst for fusion of H into He, then?

OK, I can understand that.... of course, it wouldn't then be the self-sustaining infinite chain reaction that was originally mentioned.... just two separate reactions, one fission and one fusion, each with its own end products that do not compliment each other.

TheRedneck

link   

Originally posted by BKGump
Just have to share this with you. Clip from Akira Kurosawa's film "Dreams" based on his own dreams. This one is about 6 reactors and the destruction of Japan......!!!!!!
Mount Fuji in Red -- Akira Kurosawa's Dreams

Like several of his films, but never saw "Dreams".
I'm not a big believer in "prophecy", but ..... ouch ...
Without taking this off-topic, for anybody interested, here's some links ...
Akira Kurosawa
Dreams
Remakes of films by Akira Kurosawa

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

I was ghosting and you brought me back, the diaper idea you have got to be kidding..... then again great minds think alike.
on a very serious note I'm getting geiger readings of 840,000µSv in Japn!!!!
Check it out and tell me my eyes are not burned out.
japan.failedrobot.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I'm quite alarmed with this as the possible stakes just got higher. What I read was that mox fuel can be used in both fission and fusion. France had a fusion thing going and they were supplying Japan.
1 rod after fission creates 2 rod then fusion which in turn creates 1 rod so becomes a closed cycle chain reaction. And contaminates everything. If this were true they would be considering some dire things to stop this or mom would be dead, mom being earth.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Thank you sir, as you know I think we do disagree but I appreciate the reply. Just some final thoughts. The problem is you are looking for something with as big an EROI (Energy Return On Investment, in other words, energy invested =< energy returned) as nuke and there simply aren't many other options we've found on planet earth with the same EROI. My point, among others, was that no one single solution is the answer, no one solution is required to make power "on a large scale". For example, a house creates more than it's own power and net-meters any surplus back to the grid. A factory creates it's own power with some support from the grid and so on. Localized solutions built on a range of solutions implemented in a diverse fashion could provide alternative renewable solutions all contributing to the grid at the same time based on solutions that make sense given the locale, without the inherent RISK. The true "cost" of nuke power should include risk, and I'm sure TEPCO and the Japense people are going to discover just how expensive nuclear power is! Currently nuclear power only accounts for 30% or less of the power grid depending on where you live. Most plants take years and billions of dollars to construct, receiving huge subsidies. There has not been a single new plant built in the US and from what I understand most are past their original decommissioning time-frames. Let's not build more, but put our cash into the R&D and mass support of multiple renewable clean solutions and not doom such a project as a failure before we've even tried. If every house generated it's own power from renewable solutions and gave power back to grid, where exactly, is the need for nuke power?

We put men on the moon in 10 years, surely we can mass produce solar panels and/or wind solutions on every rooftop, or other viable options, in less. (Much of the expense of solar will be reduced when more and more panels are in mass production). If we remove nuke from the picture we will have no choice but to support these and other alternatives and make the creative leaps we need to make. Hallelujah.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

I'm getting geiger readings of 840,000µSv in Japn!!!! Check it out and tell me my eyes are not burned out.

i see the same figures!!!! wow!!

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

edit on 3-4-2011 by windwaker because: My bad. He put the link in the original post.

new topics

top topics

<< 501  502  503    505  506  507 >>

join